Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judges 2016

+4
B4p
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
TANGOLERO
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Judges 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: Judges 2016

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:22 pm

I disagree Cc with you.. C.raig takes a dislike to a celeb and he doesn't judge fairly. Ed yes had a few moments but a 2? No. He doesn't give positive comments and I'm getting a bit fed up of being over critical. Ed isn't just the weakest dancer, Lesley has had errors and running out a little of energy, Anastacia first dance not as good as Ed's. Laura is weak because of fan base now injury. ..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I disagree Cc with you.. C.raig takes a dislike to a celeb and he doesn't judge fairly. Ed yes had a few moments but a 2? No. He doesn't give positive comments and I'm getting a bit fed up of being over critical. Ed isn't just the weakest dancer, Lesley has had errors and running out a little of energy, Anastacia first dance not as good as Ed's. Laura is weak because of fan base now injury. ..

It depends how you take it. Ed has now had two dances on the bounce where he was clearly the weakest dancer. C.raig has always zoned in on the weakest dancers whilst the other judges don't. I suppose it depends on what you want. I watch and judge dance ability and am sure CRH does the same as that is wqhat he is paid to do. I agree he goes OTT but I think he gets super frustrated (like I do) when better dancers exit at the expense of weaker dancers.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:36 pm

It's always been part of scd that some dancers leave ahead of bad ones .. J'S, Russell, Ann, all terrible yet kept in. Scott kept in for Blackpool..
I'd like positive feedback not its dire darling, oh how I could have closed my eyes... something other to say a better arm/hand movement,posture or bum tucked in could be noted. C.raig carried the bad cop title to long now and it's draining
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:51 pm

And I like the honest truth. Lets not pretend L.en will sugarcoat any dance, Darcy can't be critical and B.runo laughs off bad performances so C.raig is the only one to be tough. I am sure that Ed's being more motivated by C.raig's comments than L.en's.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:27 pm

affraid Was it Halloween or did I miss something? affraid I'm on the verge of resurrecting The Lemon Tart thread

Halloween Costumes:
With the exception of Cr aig (who let's face it, is an old master of a bit of faceprint and theatricals) what happened to the other judges outfits?

Br uno had a Prince Charming coat on

L en had a cloak

Why was Darcy wearing that strange blonde wig over her usual blonde hair? What was she supposed to be? She looked like someone had placed a bet that she could wear a hair rug and no-one would notice!

T ess & Claud? No outfits? Tess had a few black stones above her right eyebrow that looked liked an old scab but really? Even the band members and Dave Arch were dressed for the occasion.

Marking:
The two golden boys (Danny & Ore). Lots of very obvious errors but still high marks?

Greg - stitched up by his music, and yet another latin dance. The string-pullers had probably destined Greg for the DO bin but good on him, he survived to dance another week. Cr aig is always rambling on about innovative choreography every other week but did he really have to slate Nat like that? Not a classic rumba but worth more than a 4 surely. Sounded a bit like 'don't like it and don't want to play anymore' from Cr aig.

The Judge - another music/costume stitch-up but Robert played the game and deserved every one of his points.

I like Louise but I reckon if she didn't show up and just sent her dance routine in via VT she'd still get high marks.

Usually it's 'kick up the bum' week next week where the judges all get tough and score some of the favourites low to shake things up a bit before Blackpool.

Last edited by B4p on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Judges 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: judges 2106

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:36 pm

B4p wrote:
The two golden boys (Danny & Ore). Lots of very obvious errors but still high marks?

Greg - stitched up by his music, and yet another latin dance. The string-pullers had probably destined Greg for the DO bin but good on him, he survived to dance another week. Cr aig is always rambling on about innovative choreography every other week but did he really have to slate Nat like that? Not a classic rumba but worth more than a 4 surely. Sounded a bit like 'don't like it and don't want to play anymore' from Cr aig.

The Judge - another music/costume stitch-up but Robert played the game and deserved every one of his points.

I like Louise but I reckon if she didn't show up and just sent in her dance routine in via VT she'd still get high marks.

Usually it's 'kick up the bum' week next week where the judges all get tough and score some of the favourites low to shake things up a bit before Blackpool.

Great post B4P - entirely agree. I feel that C raig giving out some ridiculous and uncalled for '4's helped both Greg and Nat and probably Ed and Katya live to see another day. I too felt that C raig so often gives credit where couples have not stuck to the spirit or technique of a dance and yet tonight he was determined to be Mr Purist for a routine that usually he would gush over?? Also agree that both Danny and Ore were over marked tonight.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Interesting points B4...

I think with Danny and Louise (and to an extent, Ori), even if they're not putting in their best performance they're still better than those who are. Danny, in particular, is so far ahead of the field and I think we maybe begin to take how good he is for granted and when he makes mistakes overlook the overall quality of dance. I reckon 7,8,7,8 was about right for his Foxtrot. I mean, L.en & B.runo scored him the same as Ed!

As for Nat & Greg, from what Robin Windsor said in his YouTube Q&A about the show, the pros map out the order of their dances. So it may well have been Nat's decision to do another Latin and get Rumba out the way. It was a gamble but one that thankfully paid off! C.raig suddenly turning into a dance purist was hilarious though.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi sid
Now you mention it, I remember that youtube clip of Robin. If I was a dance Pro (yeh-right - ooo there goes another flying pig) I would have saved some of those Charlestons and used them as a breather after the first 5-6 weeks of intensive basics.

By using the Charlestons so early, it's almost like the celebs are drawn away from learning basic recognisable dance steps for even longer. Any time now Cr aig will be moaning that he shouldn't have to remind the men about having spatulistic hands, and not using heel leads in latin, now that we're almost half way through the series. I really think the first month (after the first 3 weeks pre show start) should be spent honing footwork and learning the dance vocab.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:43 pm

Deffo agree that we've binged on Charlestons and they should've been more spread out over the series B4.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes I agree - too many Charlestons all bunched up -they start to blur into one!! Don't think we've ever seen this before? It is a shame as we've seen some impressive Charlestons later in the series in other years and I think you are right, it takes them away from learning basic steps and techniques at this stage of the game. The production team don't seem to leave us anything new to see later in the series now. I do hope that we see some Sambas, American Smooths and Viennese Waltzes at Black pool this year - to me these are the 'big' dances that look better on a big floor - some of the other dances don't work as well I think.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:08 pm

I was amazed to hear Daisy advise she hadn't been in hold since week one affraid affraid Does this mean some couples now have a run of Latin, Latin and Latin? Others ballroom, ballroom, ballroom!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:14 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I was amazed to hear Daisy advise she hadn't been in hold since week one affraid affraid Does this mean some couples now have a run of Latin, Latin and Latin? Others ballroom, ballroom, ballroom!

Greg has done three weeks of latin dances. Apart from Samba, which would definitely kill him off technique and score wise, he's only left with the neither ballroom nor latin ones like Charleston (crowd pleaser) and AT (he can be flat-footed and just look moody and he does moody well) which he can display his pert bum to his heart's content. Oh he still needs to tuck his bum in for all the ballroom He is. And we obey him. though...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I was amazed to hear Daisy advise she hadn't been in hold since week one affraid affraid Does this mean some couples now have a run of Latin, Latin and Latin? Others ballroom, ballroom, ballroom!

I think it was week 3 Sax - which was when they did the Mary Poppins quick step. I was also surprised when she said it. I know they've done the Paso and Charleston for the last two weeks but can't remember what came before - I think the cha cha was week 2?

I don't think it is very balanced this year - what with 'Charlestonfest' and as CD says - Greg has had a run of latin and I'm sure it is the same with some of the others.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:27 am

Darcy's comments last night after Laura and Giovanni's dance were pretty pathetic. She drooled over Giovanni's steps - err this is about the celebs learning to dance not to view the pros as sex objects.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Agree completely CC

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:33 am

What can Santa bring the judges this year?

Botox anti-dote for Cr aig
A bib for Darcy
A pair of comfy slippers for L en for when he finally puts his feet up
Some super glue for Br uno's chair

A tamper proof scoreboard or a voucher to pay Carol Vordaman to add the scores up
some 3 and 5 paddles (the originals must have gone for repair)
an electronic tag round the dancers ankle that alarms when both feet leave the floor on illegal lifts
some more dry ice (Cr aig used it all up giving critiques)
more mist or humidity (Br uno's producing too much hot air)
A pair of Anastasia's old glasses for Claudia so she can read the auto-cue
A bag of chewy toffee to keep T ess's jaw busy when the judges are talking
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:23 pm

B4p wrote:What can Santa bring the judges this year?

Botox anti-dote for Cr aig
A bib for Darcy
A pair of comfy slippers for L en for when he finally puts his feet up
Some super glue for Br uno's chair

A tamper proof scoreboard or a voucher to pay Carol Vordaman to add the scores up
some 3 and 5 paddles (the originals must have gone for repair)
an electronic tag round the dancers ankle that alarms when both feet leave the floor on illegal lifts
some more dry ice (Cr aig used it all up giving critiques)
more mist or humidity (Br uno's producing too much hot air)
A pair of Anastasia's old glasses for Claudia so she can read the auto-cue
A bag of chewy toffee to keep T ess's jaw busy when the judges are talking

santa santa flower lol! lol!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:59 pm

B4p wrote:Lionel must be the Phantom of Strictly.

He keeps cropping up in the audience but never gets the gig. It made me smile when You can call me Sir from now on was off sick and Ronnie Corbett I think stepped in. As usual, Lionel was spotted at the front of the audience smiling through gritted teeth, like the bridesmaid who's never the bride. I can't see Lionel offering what Br uno and Cr aig aren't already doing, unless the show is about to move away from technical judging.

As Lionel Blair is over 10 years older than The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman, I don't think he's in the running!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

I thought Br uno would turn blue giving his critique of Oti & Danny. He didn't take a breath for almost 2 minutes. I'm guessing he liked it! I can't remember him being so effusive before. Shocked
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Question - Can Darcey actually see the celebs feet? Her critique rarely goes below the 'topline' these days. There was a couple of points where I shouted at the screen 'enough already Darcey'. Why use 10 sentences, when 2 will do?

I thought Cr aig was more balanced tonight. Whilst not going overboard about the Judge, he still managed to find some positives. I'm glad he agreed with L en about Danny's footwork, which isn't a 'disaaaaaarster dahling', but needed to be said. Shame the score paddles often don't reflect the comments though.

L en seemed a bit subdued tonight. Smiling benevolently, even looking a bit the devils work-vacant at times!

Br uno - restrained. Only stood up once. Maybe that glue's working after all?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:38 am

Yes B4P - I just wanted to zone out last night when D arcey started talking - it just went on and on. Whilst I agree that CRH was balanced last night B runo seemed to be on some mission or had been given a directive to give most people a '10'.

This '10' business is really getting to me Sad I know that the standard has been high this year and from early on and I thoroughly agree with '10's for some of the memorable dances we have seen this year - eg Oti and Danny's Samba, Ore's Jive etc etc- but equally we see very good dances every week and so they should be at this stage of the competition but do they all warrant one or other of the judges throwing in an arbitrary '10'?? I know it is all subjective but to me '10's should be used sparingly and for those special moments - if done this way there is a sense of excitement for us and for the dancers as they aspire that reach that standard. The judges can control this aspect by marking relative to the standard and tempering their marks on some weeks which they have done in the past but this seems to have gone out of the window this year.

Last night we yet again saw T ess and C laude almost begging for a '10' for Claudia and of course B runo obliged. Evil or Very Mad

By the time we get to the final in a couple of weeks time it will be '10's all the way and who wants that? It takes the special feel out of it and I don't think it enhances the show one bit. Rant over!!! Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 am

Some judges vote with their loins though. L.en and C.raig spotted errors in Danny's dance and both agreed (unusual) yet B.runo and D.arcy (both with a thing for Danny) can't resist giving a ten. B.runo appears to be someone out to please the fans as well brandishing tens for the sake of the adulation in brings from the audience. Even L.en is getting fed up with the audience as soon as he dares to offer criticism and the crowd egged on by T.ess play up. For god sake let the judges judge and criticize and keep your crushes to yourself - note to audience, T.ess, B.runo and D.arcy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 am

Absolutely CC - Any constructive criticism that L en was going to offer last night he seemed to give up on!! Laughing It was almost as though he knows he is on the final leg now. I sincerely hope that the new judge will not be afraid of giving all their comments without fear or favour.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:20 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Absolutely CC -  Any constructive criticism that L en was going to offer last night he seemed to give up on!! Laughing  It was almost as though he knows he is on the final leg now.   I sincerely hope that the new judge will not be afraid of giving all their comments without fear or favour.

Absolutely. That is why I admire C.raig he'll criticize regardless of the heckling. Good that he is now willing to cow tow to the baying masses.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2