Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

+8
B4p
vonee21
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
jingle
Sid
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  Sid Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm so here for Ed Balls.

Mr T, I agree about Jay, he resembled Vincent Vega more closely Laughing

mauveangel09 wrote:

Also -  as I am not very good at following the SCD gossip in the 'off season'  I was wondering if there was a reason that  G leb hasn't come back - I would have thought that in SCD terms his first series was respectable -    please note:   I am not a fan - just wondered if there was a story??? Very Happy

Initially mauve, he said he'd left to 'focus on family'. But now he has a gig on DWTS!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 am

I haven't watched the launch show but I did guess A.non would be with Lesley. Kevin has another good chance this year along with Pasha and Alijaz.....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:21 pm

On reflection, I was probably a little harsh on Kevin. With the exception of Lesley there aren't any obvious weaker female celebs this time so why not Louise I suppose.

I also feel the need to stick up for the Cliftons a bit cos James and O.la have been making snide remarks and setting their trollish followers onto them. Why couldn't the Jordans leave in a dignified manner like the other pros. Kevin, Karen and Jo have dealt with it impeccably on their Twitter though - some nice comebacks without stooping to James' level. He's such a knob. It's quite satisfying knowing this launch attracted the highest viewers yet - turns out the show can survive without "the Brad Pitt of dance" and his not-as-nice-as-she-makes-out wife Wink Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:26 pm

Maybe I missed it, but did T ess or Cl audia introduce or mention the band and singers?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Sid wrote:On reflection, I was probably a little harsh on Kevin. With the exception of Lesley there aren't any obvious weaker female celebs this time so why not Louise I suppose.

Laughing

You didn't come across as harsh with your comments on Kevin Sid - Very Happy it's true - It does seem as though he has some sort of clause written into his contract lol! but like you I meant the comments that I made about him to be a wry observation - he is a likeable person as is Mrs Clifton (although I really don't like her choreography and never will) - they, and little sister, certainly don't deserve being singled out for vitriolic comments from trolls. I totally agree with you about J ames and O la - most ex SCD pros manage not to burn bridges and to move on to well deserved new projects and better things which no doubt keep the bank balance going and last after the SCD 15 minutes of fame - not sure that this will happen for these two??? More fool them Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 am

I think the Jordan's may feel any publicity good or bad keeps them in the limelight. I did like James but wish he didn't get so personal..... not sure about all the pairings yet.... Wish Lesley had dropped the Dorien look it's a Lil bit cringe worthy sorry. Ive not watched Beaten des for ages but really warmed to the actress forgot name sorry. I have a feeling Greg will be a challenge to teach. The pocket rocket couple aka AJ & France will be amazing I feel. Daisy the model mmmm not keen. Hope Louise will shine. ORE I love and not a Naga fans he just opens her mouth and I just want to turn off same at breakfast tvl
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:14 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I think the Jordan's may feel any publicity good or bad keeps them in the limelight.

Well, there's a huge poster of them in Ann Summers' window in the Bull Ring Wink whether that's good, bad or indifferent I don't know...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:11 pm

vonee21 wrote:

Well, there's a huge poster of them in Ann Summers' window in the Bull Ring Wink whether that's good, bad or indifferent I don't know...

Hmm the Jordan's and Bull go together quite well. I can't think why? Wink Laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:36 pm

I hear you CC! Smells something in the air!Ann summers well I just cannot imagine they need help there!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:48 pm

I think Gleb's gone back to DWTS in America.

Neil & Chloe are are standby in case of injuries but I wonder how the younger dancers will cope with the weekly choreography. It's one thing to make up routines for a professional partner but not sure how that will compare to a beginner of whatever standard.

First show is Friday 23 September @ 9pm
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Strictly audience ticket applications ends Thursday @ 4pm
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:03 pm

B4p wrote:I think Gleb's gone back to DWTS in America.

Neil & Chloe are are standby in case of injuries but I wonder how the younger dancers will cope with the weekly choreography. It's one thing to make up routines for a professional partner but not sure how that will compare to a beginner of whatever standard.

First show is Friday 23 September @ 9pm

It must be remembered though that, although they are young, they are competition winners (as I believe it) at European and World levels.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello all Very Happy

I enjoyed the first show. I hope the Judge is as good as he seemed. Think he will be fun. I like Ore too.
I thought Daisy Lowe's dress was way too tight or maybe it was the way she walks! Also thought Louise looked as though she was wearing a dress made for Natalie! So long!!!!!1
Will Ed Balls make me like him??? will wait on that. Greg reminded me of Iwan Thomas so again we will see.

I heard on the radio Ore was signed in February!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi moova

I'm hoping for a lot from the judge re entertainment value. Ed might grow on me if he isn't shoved out first.I'd love to have seen either Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders or Rik May all or the irish author who's a huge huge fan.

I wish I WISH ITT started after launch show for 3 x hr shows over the three weeks so we could get to know the celebs now before meeting one couple as the first out..... Please please PLEASE one post scd final ITT!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 pm

First training VT is on the BBC site.

An ton & Lesley doing the Waltz (wonder if it will be to BOAF theme song 'What'll I do?')
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi B4P

I wouldn't put it past them to use the BOAF theme!   You know how cheesy things can get these days, particularly in the first few shows!   Mind you - it is a perfect slow waltz n umber and very A nton......................

Sax -  I so so agree with you about ITT -  I always feel that the first few weeks on ITT are so hectic and you only get a very short time to get to know each couple as there are such a lot to get through at that stage - and it doesn't leave much room for anything else on the show - it would be good to have some pre-shows in this warm up time just to get to know the celebs  (no training clips).   I'm also with you on a post ITT show -   we get a chance to see all the eliminated couples interviewed over the weeks but we never get a chance to see the winner and runners up interviewed after the show has finished - let alone the person knocked out in the first round of the final - they just all go off into the sunset and you just see quotes in the papers..........I think it is a real missing link as every other one of the talent shows has a post final show to my knowledge..............we will have to keep on knocking on the door of the beeb Very Happy

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out a word)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Hello All
I agree re post final ITT - I think we got a halfway house last year didn't we, with an hour after the show on the red button hosted by Zoe- it was all a bit frantic as I recall
I wish we could get to know the couples too- especially as I never know half of them before the show! I've got the DJ in the office sweepstake- can't remember his name- is he going to be any good I wonder? but at least I missed the donkey! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi All
Think the dj is Melvin
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:13 pm

2nd training VT is on the Beeb site

Alijaz & Daisy (team happy daze)

Looks like a waltz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:16 pm

3rd Training VT = Oti & Danny ? Cha-Cha

4th Training VT = Gorka & Tameka looks like a ballroom but is also fanny-ing about with a cape to start with
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 pm

5th training VT

Ed & Katya - looks like a waltz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 pm

6th training VT

Janette & Melvin - looks like a Cha-Cha
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 am

Kevin and Louise- jive
Looks like we're going to get loads of different dances on the first shows- hope they have to do both Latin and Ballroom before the first elimination
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:05 pm

I do wish All they would do the same Latin and Ballroom for the first 2 dances. We see the difference from a skill,energy,enthusiasm level. We also get to enjoy the harder dances as the couples skills develop. I do not wish to see a jive/Paso/Tango in the first 4 weeks
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 pm

8th training VT

Bren dan & Anastasia - another Latin ? Cha-Cha. Looking good
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum