Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2017

+5
jingle
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
saxonsiren
B4p
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Surprised about the Sun?? I haven't seen anything anywhere else, although I suppose I wouldn't know to look as I thought everything was kept very carefully under wraps under the launch show? Unusual if there has been a leak. I've also heard that sometimes they change the pairings from their original thoughts.................... Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD Confirmed Contestants 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2017

Post  B4p Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I've even avoided the Dark Side becasue they're discussing the launch show. I don't buy newspapers so I've avoided that as well. I'll set up a new thread about the launch show ready for Saturday night. I won't peep on it till after the show if others want to let rip before hand. Cool
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:At the risk of strict censure from D&P :

Never, Tango, never!

I just feel that for so many series he didn't try and bring the best out of what admittedly was often a duff partner, but just messed around.  The blonde Australian always got my vote because she was the polar opposite - an excellent teacher who always aimed to get her contestant dancing as well as they were able, no matter how many left feet they had when started.  I just feel A nton relies on the public adoration a little too much and doesn't work as hard as the like of the lovely Natters.  I would have been over the moon to see her as a judge - I really feel she would have been knowledgebale, firm but very fair.  A safe pair of hands.  A nton - not so much.  I think for me he doesn;t come across as credible as his experience should suggest.  Too much larking around and not enough getting the job done... However, he didknuckle down a bit more with Katie Derham I will concede....

I have just seen the first part of the launch show and I had a feelign he was going to get the partner he did - I think she has potential but needs to be worked harder than A nton will probably be bothered with. Which is a shame.

I'd love to go down the pub with A nton - he's a lovely guy.  And when he danced with Erin it was sublime - he epitomises the real ballroom elegance and style. But I wouldn't want to be partnered with him when I become famous (possibly next year - watch this space. Or is it Myspace?) and appear on a future series of Strictly ;-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm on the same page as Diamonds re: A.nton. I don't think it's his partners who've always been the problem, I think it's him. It's not like he's never had partners with potential but when he has he's let them down a bit (especially in the Latin department). But that said, he's part of the Strictly furniture, and he's extremely popular so I'm happy for him to hang around and play his 'role'.

I feel differently about Brenda though. He has, at times, been an excellent teacher & choreographer (and he's become more likeable over the years) but for the first time I felt he looked out of place at this year's launch (and I mean the actual launch not the Red Carpet event). I just feel his best Strictly says are behind him and it's maybe time to move on now. I sense he has a great deal of affection for the show and enjoys being one of the original cast members but it feels like he's holding on to a relationship that's been over for a couple of years.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I totally see where you are coming from on B rendan S id - but I hadn't really realized it until you pointed it out.

B rendan has always been one of my favourites in terms of his choreography which I love - and I still haven't managed to go and see one of his live shows - but I think you are right, it is a long time since the glory days with Lisa and I feel that since Sophie he hasn't really been the same - although in his defence he has had a run of middle-of-the-road partners in recent years who have all fizzled out mid-way through - although I suppose he got quite a long way with Sunetra. Perhaps he feels that he isn't getting the edgy/youngest partners anymore??Shocked (trying to be diplomatic) but you are right - he does seem to enjoy being one of the original cast and going along for the ride - ie trading on his SCD credentials - but there definitely seems to have been a bit of mentally 'checking out' from him recently - great way to describe it. It's almost as though he says to himself every year - 'well if they ask me back i'll go' and of course they do!

I wish him all the best of luck with 'yummy mummy' Charlotte - who knows what might happen?? (although I think we sort of do know..........Rolling Eyes)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 am

Mentally checking out is exactly right mauve - and it's not all down to him. As you say, he's not had a true contender for ages so it's been a case of going through the motions and there's only so many times you can do that before your interest and enthusiasm wanes. Still, the show's good for self-promotion and a dependable income so I'd probably stick around in his shoes too. But I do think next year he and the producers need to come to a mutual decision that it's time to leave.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

No I think there is much more life in B rendan. What must be remembered is that he is hardly primed for the young vibrant celebs now given his age. The same has happened with An.ton wherein any senior celebs will invariably be partnered with the senior pros for obvious reasons. The younger guns and eye candy such as Alijas, Gorka and Pasha will mop up the hot totty and invariably the contenders just as B rendan used to in his younger days. As long as he remains hungry and enjoys doing the show I am sure he will continue to return - as he should. The elder statesmen pros are valuable to Strictly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

I feel Brendan like A,non will be playing a waiting game for new presenter/judge title.... Brendan wakes up and performs if he gets on with partner...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3