Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 5 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  B4p Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:43 pm

I wonder if we'll have a couple of new male pro dancers next year? Bren dan & An ton both have young families and may want to spend more time with them. Kristina said that Strictly was very intensive and difficult to fit in around young children. Maybe Bren dan & An ton will concentrate more on periods of touring like Tristan, Kristina & Ian? It would be nice to see the old pros come back to dance on the result show or to be involved in the Christmas specials.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:45 pm

I've never seen A.nton happier, having kids has done wonders for him, so I suspect if they still want him, he'll stay on at Strictly. B.rendan I'm less sure about - I suspect he'd still come back because it's work and the best form of self-promotion you can get. I wonder if producers will want him back tho - I reckon probably, they know a bit of drama's always good for ratings!

Choreography Corner's turned into one big "here are all the kickass female pros you're missing out on" tease-fest.

Of the 3 newbies, only Amy's endeared herself enough for me to want to give her a second chance. I'm in love with her accent (when it's not being shouted at 128 decibels) and she seems sweet and worked Brian hard and got some reasonable results (like the American Smooth and his Paso shaping was surprisingly good).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:36 pm

If Amy tones down Miss Scratchy-Shouty voice then I'd be happy see her back. Miss Raspberry Hair no and forgot YASB name but no..... I wish, nay! Demand Chloe and Neil next year to have partners Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 am

saxonsiren wrote:If Amy tones down Miss Scratchy-Shouty voice then I'd be happy see her back. Miss Raspberry  Hair no and forgot YASB name but no..... I wish, nay! Demand Chloe and Neil next year to have partners Very Happy

Totally agree - I must admit I haven't found myself drawn to any of the new female pros but you are right, Amy seems the best of the bunch and seems to fit more with SCD than the other two - I may be being unfair because we didn't see much of Miss Raspberry Hair but I reckon Amy is the better teacher out of all three of them. YASB just isn't teaching Davood enough basics for me - all their routines have been about 'show' and placed moves to me.

Neil and Chloe - yes - why not give them partners??? Chloe could have been given one this year, did they really need to bring in 3 new females?? confused

I don't think the producers should keep them hanging around for a third year next time? The 'filler' things that they do throughout the series could easily be done by pros knocked out in the first or second weeks?

Was anyone else totally fed up with Karen and Oti's 'lumbering' around during the juke box section last night?? Zoe was struggling to get the words out................. Some bits of ITT are turning into OTT and to be honest they all look like they are making T*** of themselves (sorry!).

Plus - If I see any more SCD folk throwing up their hands and going 'grrr' or 'whoo' - I'll scream!................ but as Zoe so eloquently said 'we've got a week of this' cat affraid Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:25 am

mauveangel09 wrote:

Totally agree -  I must admit I haven't found myself drawn to any of the new female pros but you are right, Amy seems the best of the bunch and seems to fit more with SCD than the other two -  I may be being unfair because we didn't see much of Miss Raspberry Hair but I reckon Amy is the better teacher out of all three of them.  YASB just isn't teaching Davood enough basics for me - all their routines have been about 'show' and placed moves to me.

Neil and Chloe - yes - why not give them partners???  Chloe could have been given one this year, did they really need to bring in 3 new females?? confused  

I don't think the producers should keep them hanging around for a third year next time?   The 'filler' things that they do throughout the series could easily be done by pros knocked out in the first or second weeks?

Was anyone else totally fed up with Karen and Oti's  'lumbering' around during the juke box section last night??   Zoe was struggling to get the words out................. Some bits of ITT are turning into OTT and to be honest they all look like they are making T***  of themselves   (sorry!).

Plus - If I see any more SCD folk throwing up their hands and going   'grrr' or 'whoo'  -  I'll scream!................ but as Zoe so eloquently said  'we've got a week of this' cat affraid Smile

Yes, the prancing and nonsense on ITT is getting silly .Are they aiming it at kids now ? I cant imagine any kids watching ITT to be honest .I can see kids watching the main show and give them that but ITT is an adult show /
Is it me or is Karen forcing the jokey part and now Aljaz is at it too . I wish they could all just calm down and just dance .
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm so disliking the OTT behaviour on ITT. I feel Zoe encourages Karen's bad behaviour... Demo time gets right on my pickled walnuts
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:15 pm

I agree with mauve. From now on, until things improve, I shall refer to the thread as OTT Antics geek
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Loved Jason's explanation of the VW- just what we need -no props no silly music for demos, just straight facts demonstrated by the pros- more please!
Edit: and Ed Balls back for Friday panel tomorrow- yay! cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:32 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Loved Jason's explanation of the VW- just what we need -no props no silly music for demos, just straight facts demonstrated by the pros- more please!
Edit: and Ed Balls back for Friday panel tomorrow- yay! cheers

Yes and YASSSS!!!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 5 Empty Re: It takes two 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:44 am

I second this as well................. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Really enjoyed the segment and hope they do more of these. The routine that P asha and Chloe danced was lovely and it struck me how classical it was - no faffing just pure VW in hold - and I loved the bow at the start. So many VW routines that we see on SCD are not really VWs (YASB take note).

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:58 am

saxonsiren wrote:If Amy tones down Miss Scratchy-Shouty voice then I'd be happy see her back. Miss Raspberry  Hair no and forgot YASB name but no..... I wish, nay! Demand Chloe and Neil next year to have partners Very Happy

Wot you sed, Sax! Exactly that.

EDIT: Oops - didn't read beyond Sax's post before writing - I seemed to have repeated what Mauve said, and I agree with all that has been siad about Chloe and Neil too!

Miss Raspberry Hair because she was not encouraging or supporting enough of waht was admittedly a duff partner.  A.nton has way more than his fair share over the years and has always been encouraging. Even Brendan - though he takes it to extremes (!) can be wonderfully nurturing and encouraging of a less able partner.  I felt Miss Raspberry Hair laughed AT the Rev more than with him and seemed to highlight his mistakes rather than  excuse them.  As for YASB....  I feel that she just hasn't got the hang of Strictly really.  Its all about HER choreogrpahy and being 'different' and she doesn;t concentrate enough on getting her partner to perfect stuff at a level he is capable off.  Thus the lack of finesse that Natalie (all hail Natalie...) noted.  If she concentrated on the basics and doing a simpler but still pleasing routine then I think Davood would look much better than he is now.  She coudl learn a lesson from Oti and Aljaz...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:40 am

Some ideas for OTT  study

More Jason explaining what we should be noticing.
More Pros putting the Jason's poetry into motion.
More musicians on OTT explaining how they reduce the songs yet retain their essence.
More information about dance shoes.

More Shirley + Pro spots.
Ian Waite needed at least 3 times a week
A regular Pro on choreography corner
A Pro to mention their favourite piece of choreography by another Pro that week
Some more sneaky peaks around the Pros flats so we get to know them a bit more.

Some Pro questions spots like:
is it fact or fiction? e.g Alijaz is frightened of Halloween.
What type of music are they listening to in their car?
How do they relax?
Who spends the most hours in the gym?
Favourite foods?
A piece of clothing they would never wear.
How do the Pros deal with injuries?

Favourite Strictly tweets of the week
Training room mishaps
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:00 am

Great ideas there B4...basically they should let us produce the shows Smile
Actually wouldn't that be great, to be producer for a week or at least do work experience so that we could see exactly what goes into it, especially the production meetings-I'd love to know how much of what we like is up for discussion but gets shelved due to other reasons ie ratings winners, time constraints costs etc

Memo to any researchers reading this- you have a ready made segment for ITT here and a fab back story of a group of dedicated Strictly fans who have kept their little forum going for many years...I would love to have a day out at Strictly/ITT with all the gang on here
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:12 am

Great ideas Alls and B4p... BeeB spies might realise they have a unique diverse little forum ready to go Friday Panel each week for ITT. Also a sounding board for post show critiques. What worked? What didn't? Music and the dire choices replaced with viwere and pro's ideas instead of poor chump who does it now....

Wardrobe seems to have lost its mojo surely you have that buttermilk bodice still ? The frothy bottom too that has been dyed and added to other bodices over series. I haven't seen an old dress revamped or reused this year? Usually a few here spot them missing our Hatley and her brilliant fashion posts......

We may not be a huge forum we have a huge heart and still passion for the show. We have put in the hours to keep this forum alive and thriving let's keep SCD this way too..... listen to us we might just improve things for you sunny
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 am

I must rewind the recording, but didn't Claudia say something like if you want to know more about the pros, check out the Beeb's Strictly website? Are you a sneaky peeper Claud?

I'm not sure why AJ's parent's were in the OTT Friday audience the other week, and AJ's mum was front of stage in the Clauditorium this week reading out the terms & conditions?

More Jason, or any other of the other pro dance choreographers (pretty please).

Make-up - we've seen Chloe made up a few weeks ago (identical to what happened on last years show). Shame you missed an opportunity this year, but could we see some special effect make-ups?

What happens to the costumes after the series ends. Are the contestants allowed to take one costume home? Are they dismantled for re-use?

Props - could Gethin show us the prop room/store room?

How many band members are there? How many different instruments do they play?

Not had any stats for a while. It's ages since we learned how many cans of spray tan Aliona used to go through at home.

Will we see any training footage for CIN Blue Peter contestants? If not, will we find out what dances they are doing?

When does the Pro challenge start?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 am

B4p wrote:I must rewind the recording, but didn't Claudia say something like if you want to know more about the pros, check out the Beeb's Strictly website? Are you a sneaky peeper Claud?

I'm not sure why AJ's parent's were in the OTT Friday audience the other week, and AJ's mum was front of stage in the Clauditorium this week reading out the terms & conditions?

More Jason, or any other of the other pro dance choreographers (pretty please).

Make-up - we've seen Chloe made up a few weeks ago (identical to what happened on last years show). Shame you missed an opportunity this year, but could we see some special effect make-ups?

What happens to the costumes after the series ends. Are the contestants allowed to take one costume home? Are they dismantled for re-use?

Props - could Gethin show us the prop room/store room?

How many band members are there? How many different instruments do they play?

Not had any stats for a while. It's ages since we learned how many cans of spray tan Aliona used to go through at home.

Will we see any training footage for CIN Blue Peter contestants? If not, will we find out what dances they are doing?

When does the Pro challenge start?

A friend of mine was on a Med cruise this summer and the Strictly dances were all on display on the ship .They were on Mannequins and for all to see and touch and admire with a note who had worn it and for what dance
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:05 am

I wonder who looked after those dresses on the boat. They'd need a cabin all to themselves.

I saw an exhibition on Jersey; a private collection of all things Marilyn Monroe. The dresses were tiny although Hugh Grant's ex girlfriend (?Liz Hurley, who wore the safety pin dress) was alledged to have said that she wouldn't want to be that fat). It was very interesting with small bits and pieces like hairbrushes, hanbags and shoes, along with big boards explaining different eras of her life. The dresses were in display cabinets with pictures from the films in which she wore them. I noticed some Marilyn things up for sale at aution recently and wondered if the Jersey collection was being dismantled.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 pm

I think they should extend the Friday show by another half hour which is dedicated to watching Shirley just twirl around on the Demo spot.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:15 pm

So I'm not going to miss Karen and her "food quirks". I'm inclined to say she should be dropped from the main show but still pop up at the front of every pro dance just to annoy O.la.

Lovely to have Darren and Lilia back on. I love how Darren was ITCHING to say Nadiya had screwed up Davood's chances. I really hope we get V.incent and F.lavia and the Cutlers at some point too. The trip down memory lane would then be complete.

Omg @ Oti blurting out Danny's name Shocked Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Sid wrote:Lovely to have Darren and Lilia back on. I love how Darren was ITCHING to say Nadiya had screwed up Davood's chances.
Thought you'd like them Sid! And Lols re Nadiya!

Sid wrote: I really hope we get V.incent and F.lavia
Oh yes!! Maybe when the ATs start?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Sid wrote:So I'm not going to miss Karen and her "food quirks". I'm inclined to say she should be dropped from the main show but still pop up at the front of every pro dance just to annoy O.la.
Lovely to have Darren and Lilia back on. I love how Darren was ITCHING to say Nadiya had screwed up Davood's chances. I really hope we get V.incent and F.lavia and the Cutlers at some point too. The trip down memory lane would then be complete.
Just written a long reply and got snookered off somewhere into the ether.
I had to smile reading O la's twiiter feed when she was dissing one of the new female pros saying that all they were doing was dancing around their partner whilst he stood still. The words Pot-Kettle-Black sprung to mind  Mad
I can't tell you how chuffed I was to see Lilia & Darren, especially as I've been watching their youtube clips this week. Darren's 'Maneater' Tango with Emma Burton was the first time I noticed Nelly Furtado's music. He was so innovative. I miss those two.

I know the Cutlers still watch the show. Nicole often comments on the dancers. She was queen of the jive. It was a shame when she got dropped. I can still hear the old BBC noticeboards calling 'where's Nicole?'. I used to love watching Mathew dance with Aliona. It would make my season to see him on ITT chatting about choreography with Ian.

Vincent & Flavia remain Strictly Royalty as far as I'm concerned. You can nver see enough of those two. I think they were the first pros to actually do demos on ITT.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Thought you'd like them Sid! And Lols re Nadiya!

Oh yes!! Maybe when the ATs start?

Honestly alls, you can tell virtually all the CC guests (and Ian once) have been dying to say it's Nadiya's fault but politely code it as "content and choreography issues" Wink

And yes, V & F on the week the first AT's been performed would be perfect. With demos galore.

B4p wrote:
Just written a long reply and got snookered off somewhere into the ether.
I had to smile reading O la's twiiter feed when she was dissing one of the new female pros saying that all they were doing was dancing around their partner whilst he stood still. The words Pot-Kettle-Black sprung to mind  Mad
I can't tell you how chuffed I was to see Lilia & Darren, especially as I've been watching their youtube clips this week. Darren's 'Maneater' Tango with Emma Burton was the first time I noticed Nelly Furtado's music. He was so innovative. I miss those two.

I know the Cutlers still watch the show. Nicole often comments on the dancers. She was queen of the jive. It was a shame when she got dropped. I can still hear the old BBC noticeboards calling 'where's Nicole?'. I used to love watching Mathew dance with Aliona. It would make my season to see him on ITT chatting about choreography with Ian.

Haha SNAP re: the bit in bold, B4! This is what I tweeted:

"Funniest comment I read about Joe’s Paso was 0la saying Katya did a lot of dancing around him. 0la said that. 0LA!"

I mean she literally invented the dancing-round-your-partner-to-distract-everyone tactic.

I've also got a distinct memory of Darren and Emma's Maneater Tango (notably because that was the week they knocked out Louisa and V.incent and I was in bits but I grudgingly accept it was a very decent Tango and I really liked the song choice at the time). The other routine of his that stands out is the "Live And Let Die" Paso he performed with Letitia. Again, we've seen this music used since, but that first time it was extremely impactful and probably their best dance.

I liked Nicole. She was one of the quieter pros but I'd take someone like her over the noisy attention-seekers we have these days. What a fantastic Salsa she did with John Barnes.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:31 pm

Oh the magic of Darren,Lillian, Matthew and I so loved Nellie's "maneater" & the dance.... Matthew an excellent suprise choice for new judge if "OK" headline re Shirley aka ill mark my own way hints might not be back 2018! I think Darren and Lillia live abroad now?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Love the sugggestions for ITT B4p and Allsewn (and pretty much everyone else!)

I have yet to see last night's ITT (remember, I live in a land without wifi - yes, really! So I have to catch up by going to a cafe/pub for a coffee and download it there for later consumption. Am downloading last night's as I type...), but I find I am dreading having to watch Karen. I think she is on the same pills as Silver tongued Italian Stallion, but with added food abuse (the chicken leg thing on Saturday was unsightly,obscene and unnecessary, and made for awkward viewing whilst they were stood there chomping as the judges gave theor comments). I agree that she should not be invited back for a s.leb partner. I don;t mind if she isn;t in the pro dance pack either, but I will tolerate her there.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Lilia again! Never, ever took to Darren (I can hear the gasps of horror... affraid Sorry Embarassed ), but Lilia was my favourite pro (probably EVER!).

As Sid says, so many of the pros seem to be horrendous attention seekers. It is so very tedious to watch. I think the mistake that the producer/s is/are making is that the average ten year old (of which there are very many who adore Strictly) are actually only three and want a CBeebies style strictly and are appealing to that group. The ten year olds I know are very knowledgable about the actual dance stuff - technique and choreogrpahy etc, and like me , watch to be entertained by folk dressed as glamorous film stars or fairytale princesses (there's another theme - fairytale royalty Very Happy ! ). That whole rambunctious rabble-rousing nonense in teh Clauditorium is annoying and tedious and adds nothing whatsoever.

Regarding YASB - I wish someone would call a spade a spade and tell it how it is. I felt the Judges - who have called out Brendan in the past, and even Aljaz and Gio about choreography not doing their partner favours because of the lack of correct content - ducked the issue totally. She must know though...

Laughed abut O.la! Naughty little strumpet! Very Happy

I never really knew Nicole - John Barnes went out so early and I missed her on the earlier series. Loved Matthew though. V.inthent and F.lavia would be amazing!

I think what most of us want on the main show AND on ITT is more stuff about the technique and nuts and bolts of the dances. Jason with the demo by Chloe and (can't remember eek!) was brilliant. We need that for every dance - a bit of background of where the dance came from, the basic steps which comprise the dance alongside a demonstration by the pros. I am missing the pro dances on the show that are what I would call 'pure', ie one pro partnership doing a classic rendition of a particular dance. The group dances are a great spectacular, but we need to be reminded just what the judges are measuring the dances by the s.lebs against. V.incent and F.lavia used to do the AT and Erin and A.nton did classic ballroom, but each pro partnership could demo (a whole dance demo - not a hurried, flurried quicky showing one or two steps as they do on ITT) one specific dance on either the main show or the results show (or both!)

Ah well.... I can dream.

It;s getting dark now and I have to walk back along an unlit road with loads of pot-holes so I had better get going. Don;t want to sprain my ankle...!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Any future judge slots I feel should go to someone outside the Strictly family. By that I mean someone that has not been an ex-pro dancer. You feel their objectivity would be compromised as in they would feel affinity with the pros too much. B.rendan is a good example if you look at his inability to take criticism from judges. How could he be expected tobe critical in a reverse role? Yes I know Darren and others comment on ITT but that is totally different from sitting on a judging panel judging old mates and giving scores.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next