Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  Twirlie Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:36 am

B4p wrote:
'Agin' It's an Irish thing. My Irish relatives used to say it many moons ago.
Scots too B4p. And I think it's probably archaic American too, presumably brought over there by our ancestors. I'd hear of - and very occasionally used - "Agin" but I've never heard of "Afor" and definitely never "Ahed". Not sure I quite understand what that means.

Isn't Jason one of the professional choreographers they use for the group dances? I thought the Paso Masterclass was terrific too. Very clear explanations and well demonstrated by Chloe and Pasha.

As an aside, another of the choreographers Stictly have used in the past for group dances is Karen B ruce, though I don't know if she still choreographs dances for them. She directed and choreographed Flavia and Vincent's theatre shows, Midnight Tango, Dance till Dawn, and The Last Tango as well as other West End shows.

There you are: a wee bit of trivia! Cool Cool
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:46 am

saxonsiren wrote:I'm confused to the sudden popularity of "Agin" ... Had to Google it lol to confirm a genuine term... It's everywhere currently.

Its an Irish saying . We are often agin things .!! Stems from against
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Enjoyed ITT tonight, especially Joe and Katya's singing/piano, and Shirley's cha cha cha lesson.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm

jingle wrote:Enjoyed ITT tonight, especially Joe and Katya's singing/piano, and Shirley's cha cha cha lesson.  
Me too jingle. I like the teaching sections
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 pm

jingle wrote:Enjoyed ITT tonight, especially Joe and Katya's singing/piano, and Shirley's cha cha cha lesson.  

It's a bit like a really good version of the thing L.en used to do years ago where he would try and explain a step and manhandle Clauds around like a sack of potatoes whilst she tried not to look too terrified...

I really loved this (yes, of course I was doing it at home - started off very badly but by the end I was scoring 8s . Well, one 7...). And I ADORED the fact she was doing it her high heeled fluffy slippers. This is easily the best fun I have had from ITT all series. For several series in fact. And so informative.

It only begs the question as to why we have had to wait until between week 7 and 8 to get the kind of thing we have been waiting for all our Srrictly lives...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

It only begs the question as to why we have had to wait until between week 7 and 8 to get the kind of thing we have been waiting for all our Srrictly lives...

Time factors I guess diamonds - too many couples to interview and cover in CC / Ian's Warm Up in the early weeks but boy has it been worth the wait.

Also, Gorka kicking his leg up and Joe in a kilt AND singing - I wasn't prepared for all that in one show.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

As I have been off kettle ill catch up with ITT later... Wed am dr and cocktail steroids/antibiotics /inhaler and a come back or else Friday am appointment. ...I always like ITT when the couples reduced and we get to know the couples more...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon sax. I'm on crutches after an arthroscopy yesterday - ouch. No dog walking for a while No
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Twirlie wrote:

Isn't Jason one of the professional choreographers they use for the group dances? I thought the Paso Masterclass was terrific too. Very clear explanations and well demonstrated by Chloe and Pasha.
Cool

Jason Gilkerson 'Is' SCD - he's the big cheese in charge of all the production/choreography - and also widely 'held responsible' for the introduction of the props, faffing, and 'Burn the Floor' stuff........ Laughing Laughing   It does make me laugh how everyone connected with SCD has suddenly turned 'purist' about the dancing this year - not that I'm complaining.

I'm loving the demos - the paso was brilliant - you are right, it takes us back to the days when L en used to do the demos with C laude - can't wait for the next one.

I really enjoyed the Cha Cha lesson with Shirlie - although it is a long time since I've heard it referred to as the cha cha cha - (except by CRH).   I'm warming to Shirlie a  little bit - having really not liked how she started off, with the early favouritism towards some of the male contestants and the debacle with B rendan   (still don't think she gets the theme nights tho Very Happy )  However, she did not endear me with constantly referring to Zoe as 'girlfriend' - most unbecoming...................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Ouch B4p hope you recover quickly...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:01 pm

flower  Oh dear Sax and B4P, sounds like you're both suffering - hope you're taking it easy and that you both feel better very soon
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 pm

jingle wrote:flower  Oh dear Sax and B4P, sounds like you're both suffering - hope you're taking it easy and that you both feel better very soon

I second that sunny sunny

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Adding a 'get well soon' to you both sax and B4, you poor things.

I did laugh tonight when Nadiya refused to budge on her Rumba. She'll be in her retirement going "IT WAS AMAZING GODDAMMIT!!!"

Also (and I'm probably reading too much into things) but I'm sensing a Blackpool "Gemma tops the leaderboard for the first time" storyline might be on the cards just from comments Ian was making about her and the fact she's stagnated a bit but is still clearly very popular. It feels like something needs to thrust her into the limelight a bit.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:54 am

Adding my good wishes B4 and Sax! flower
I hope Gemma does do well, she needs a breakthrough too. Ian was being stricter in his critiques this week and was definitely giving her tough love.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:04 am

Ty all... more steroids this morning from Dr have pneumonia. .rest, drink (they mean chenin blanc surely Very Happy ) come back next week after antibiotics finished... I'm wondering if our Gemma will top the leader board? It will be interesting to see Debbie dance this week and how C,raig reacts & scores. If it's a 5 does he slap a glove in the air across cheeks?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ty all... more steroids this morning from Dr have pneumonia. .rest, drink (they mean chenin  blanc surely Very Happy ) come back next week after antibiotics finished... I'm wondering if our Gemma will top the leader board? It will be interesting to see Debbie dance this week and how C,raig reacts & scores. If it's a 5 does he slap a glove in the air across cheeks?

Gosh that's really serious sax - hope the steroids and anti-biotics calm it all down. When it's all cleared up maybe worth having a pneumonia jab? My mum has asthma and a recent chest infection made it flare up badly - not nearly as bad as you have it but in a lot of discomfort so you have my sympathies x

I don't think Debbie will top the leaderboard with Salsa - it won't be car crash but I'm anticipating a dance that doesn't suit her as well and a week she needs to just "get through". And with Aston gone, it does open the door up for a new leaderboard topper. Alex has to be the favourite but how well celebs get on with the AT is always a bit of an unknown so who knows...
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Sax - I endorse what S id is saying. My Mum had a pneumonia jab last year - it is a 'one off' you don't have to have any boosters/annual injections etc - worth considering once you are feeling better - I would have it. bounce I do hope you are ok - sending you lots of hugs bounce bounce xxxx

I only just caught up on last night's ITT in order to catch up on Ian's critiques - overall, I think Debbie and G io look good - there was some very interesting and precise armography and overall choreo - I agree with S id - I somehow don't think she will top the leaderboard this week - but I am willing her to get the 'hip action' because that would prove that she has cracked both genres and end any lingering doubts that I have about backing her all the way.................... Very Happy

As regards my 'other' couple - Joe looked good in the rumba for a male celeb - really good hip isolation but I hope the routine is not static as I an was saying - otherwise it would put him in the Davood category and I don't want that................... it is a dodgy dance to be doing on the pre-Blackpool week, but fingers crossed.................

Interested in Gorka and Alex's AT - only saw a glimpse but it looked quite fast and some 'funny' flicks - don't mess with the Argentine Tango guys!!!! To me this is her test of being able to convey something other than attack.

I thought Gemma and Alijaz's VW looked a really nice routine - I think I an was saying to her what L en said to Louise last year, that she needs to put some 'oomph' into it and then she will be ok............................. Very Happy This is the time in the contest where people really need to 'take off' if they are going to be contenders.

Right...............going to watch tonight's show now..........................

ps - liked Mollie's paso dress

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks Mauve and Sid flower I may ask about this as last year same time I had steroids and antibiotics over a month too. I put it down to low immune system after my bowel operation. I'm still very low re vitam8n D..

ITT quite good tonight bit noisy but enjoyed. I'm affraid I hadn't clocked Gemma's rib injury and neither she or Alijaz said anything about it. AT not my favourite dance but it will be interesting to see if Alex picks up the tempo and fire in her belly..
For some strange reason after A.nton's fabulous flamingo outfit I've had thoughts of him dressed in red glitter suit with a bright sparkling red nose as a prancing reindeer! Now it might be the drugs or high temp but I soooo can visualise this Basketball king
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ty all... more steroids this morning from Dr have pneumonia. .rest, drink (they mean chenin  blanc surely Very Happy ) come back next week after antibiotics finished... I'm wondering if our Gemma will top the leader board? It will be interesting to see Debbie dance this week and how C,raig reacts & scores. If it's a 5 does he slap a glove in the air across cheeks?

Oh poor Sax - I really sympathise having had pneumonia and then pleurisy (which HURT!).  It's a real bummer - I do hope you feel a bit more like yourself soon, though it took two different lots (and types) of antibiotics to shift mine.  

Also feeling for B4p and not being able to take the doggy for walkies.  You must feel a bit caged and frustrated.  Hope you get on the mend very soon.

This is a health sympathy post only- nothing to say about Gemma.... (or anyone)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 8 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am

Caught up with the show now. Enjoyed seeing Jezza on the panel and Nick Knowles is very learned on all things SCD but as a panel not sure that they worked that well together. Loved the segment with Frankie Bridge and the Chelsea Pensioners.

The Corrs girls looked like waifs from a Dickens film!! Still good though. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ouch B4p hope you recover quickly...
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Day 3 and I can now hobble to the kettle and back without my crutches. Might even manage one of Ruth's lumpy Foxtrots in the next few days Smile
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Sid wrote:Adding a 'get well soon' to you both sax and B4, you poor things.

I did laugh tonight when Nadiya refused to budge on her Rumba. She'll be in her retirement going "IT WAS AMAZING GODDAMMIT!!!"
That made me laugh too. Let it go woman - it was a pile of doggydoo. That continuing denial takes the shine off last weeks dance and tonights Charleston which were in a different league.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

B4p don't hop too soon! It's horrid being on crutches but they do help. I found I developed a marvellous bottom shuffle (& a red shiny bum from carpets lol) when shuffling up and downstairs as I couldn't weight bear with cast on!
Hope it eases soon and tlc hugs xxx
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 am

thank you sax flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Just adding my good wishes to the invalids. My wife is on crutches from two knee replacements and gets quite a bit of pain so I can imagine what you're goin through. . I've gone from Mr Darcy, 1815 to Derek Cropper 2017, shopping bags and Asda instead of breeches and Assemblies. Ah well, on with it. Not much call for 78 year old Darcy's these days anyway... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next