Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  B4p Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just adding my good wishes to the invalids. My wife is on crutches from two knee replacements and gets quite a bit of pain so I can imagine what you're goin through. . I've gone from Mr Darcy, 1815 to Derek Cropper 2017, shopping bags and Asda instead of breeches and Assemblies. Ah well, on with it. Not much call for 78 year old Darcy's these days anyway... lol!
Glad to catch you Tango. Erins on ITT tomorrow cheers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Sending positive vibes and tlc hugs for your wife Mr D. I'm sure one held themselves with aloofness and a sense of decorum whilst striding down the aisles.... Mr D always a gentleman. ....

The Assembly rooms will resume soon with the lovely Mrs D x

Enjoy E,rin tomorrow on ITT
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Just adding my good wishes to the invalids. My wife is on crutches from two knee replacements and gets quite a bit of pain so I can imagine what you're goin through. . I've gone from Mr Darcy, 1815 to Derek Cropper 2017, shopping bags and Asda instead of breeches and Assemblies. Ah well, on with it. Not much call for 78 year old Darcy's these days anyway... lol!

I would take a turn with you anytime Mr T.... I love you
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:24 am

Just an invalid health check....

So how are you feeling Sax? Hopefully tose antibiotics will have started working a little bit now and you feel less lousy. But still - it takes a while to feel normal again.

B4p - how the crutches? I don;t know how you do it - I have turned them down previously and opted for hobbling with a trekking pole! Or, as Sax said, harnessing the old bum slide! Still, I thinkg it builds the upper body a little, so in every cloud..... But how are you feeling generally? It must be very frustrating not being able to get around normally. And is it still hurty?

And Tango - how is Mrs D? I'm surprised they incapacitated both knees at once - most people I know who have had them done have them sorted one at a time. Some people are practically skipping and trotting the light fandango the minute they come round from the op, others seem to to really struggle to make them work for months afterwards. I hope your wife leans towards teh former end of the spectrum! MEanwhile, if you need someone to Foxtrot round Aldi wiht you, then may I place myself in the queue (after Sax - she got there first!)

Anyway, best wishes for full and speedy recoveries to you all. xx
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Just an invalid health check....  

B4p - how the crutches?  I don;t know how you do it - I have turned them down previously and opted for hobbling with a trekking pole! Or, as Sax said, harnessing the old bum slide! Still, I thinkg it builds the upper body a little, so in every cloud.....  But how are you feeling generally?  It must be very frustrating not being able to get around normally. And is it still hurty?

And Tango - how is Mrs D? I'm surprised they incapacitated both knees at once
Thank you diamonds and Tango. I'm making good progress. The knees still swollen but I can manage most of the time without the crutches now. I do a few short walks (to the teapot and back) then have a rest before trekking to our upstairs bathroom. I feel a bit of a fraud compared to Mrs T who must be in far more pain. Hope she's feeling a bit brighter soon. Hope sax is on the road to recovery now. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes Embarassed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm

flower Sympathies to all our walking wounded, I hope you're all up and bouncing around in no time. And poor Mrs D - my friend had both knees done, and the first few weeks were sheer misery. Happy to say that she's now completely pain-free and has taken up running, so it does make a massive life difference flower
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 pm

"Don't give him bust!" Oh how I love E.rin.

I also love Joe when he's in dance boffin mode.

And did y'all see Gemma and Aljaz's spoof of Katya at the piano and Joe singing that they tweeted? Very funny.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

I thought that E rin made some really good points tonight about Gemma and Alijaz's dance at the weekend and summed it up in a much better way than the judges who gave them such an (unwarranted) caning.   I couldn't find much wrong with the routine and I really liked Alijaz's diplomatic explanation which seemed very reasonable - but then E rin put it much better by saying that Gemma is   'dancing nicely' but now needs to act it and feel it more -  in other words to get some oomph into it - and watching the dance again I can see that -   it is rather like Louise and Kevin last year, she wasn't really wowing for quite a few weeks then took off.    It is not too late for Gemma and I think this weeks dance will really suit them - I am willing her to do it 'with feeling' - it will not take much I'm sure.

I loved the 'bust' comment too S id - it was brilliant. Good show tonight and enjoyed Joe and his enthusiasm (tinged with relief I thought!) about the rumba. What did people think about Ore's appearance last night? Wasn't sure really.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:13 am

mauveangel09 wrote: What did people think about Ore's appearance last night?  Wasn't sure really.

To quote CRH, I thought his input was dull dull dull.  I imagine he was probably just using a script written for him...hard to disagree with most of it, but there was too much stating the obvious.

But then, I'd like someone to come out and admit 'Alexandra and Debbie have travelled from Y to Z, whereas the rest of them started out at A and are currently mid alphabet'

Personally I'd really really like an Alex/Debbie Dance off, so there'd be more places in the final for midfielders (probably Davood and Joe, with either Gemma or preferably Mollie)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:32 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:What did people think about Ore's appearance last night?  Wasn't sure really.

It was so pointless I'd forgotten it even happened. That was the one and only time I missed L.en because we'd usually get his half-term report instead.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: Good show tonight and enjoyed Joe and his enthusiasm  (tinged with relief I thought!) about the rumba.      What did people think about Ore's appearance last night?  Wasn't sure really.
I'm in agreement with jingle and thought it was dull, dull, dull too. However I'm biased as I've always thought Ore was dull, dull, dull, and his crying used to drive me to distraction!!

I loved both Joe and Gemma tonight. Joe has never really crossed my horizon before (other thank his great dancing of course) but last night I couldn't help remarking to Mrs T on what a thoroughly nice chap he seems.

I liked Erin's critique of Gemma too. It was much nicer than the judges while not letting her off the hook in any way, and was much more constructive. Why the hell isn't she or Housewives choice on the judge's panel?????

I love Aljaz's support of Gemma. "Do you know what she means by that?" "No." And then goes on to say in an even nicer and more supportive way what he needs from Gemma. He's a nice bloke, Aljaz, but he can sometimes seem almost too light and fluffy, so when you see him come out and be quite serious about his partner, her strengths and shortcomings while sitting right beside her, you can see how strong their partnership must be.
I don't feel I've said that quite right, but I hope you get what I mean in general terms. I'm very fond of them and love their antics. I'm taking bets with myself now though as too how long they can stay in.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Sid wrote:"Don't give him bust!" Oh how I love E.rin.

I also love Joe when he's in dance boffin mode.

And did y'all see Gemma and Aljaz's spoof of Katya at the piano and Joe singing that they tweeted? Very funny.

Thank you for routeing me to this - it was hilaire... Laughing

I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, as I am not a tweeter.  I had an account on the basis that me and Marian, and me and Clauds, and me and Miranda, and me and Sue (Perkins) were going to have lots of lovely banter.  But no. Nothing.  They either talk to their celeb friends, their real friends, or just generically.  I was crushed.  I haven't had disappointment like that since failing to get the prayer card bookmark in Acclamation Assembly, for my gorgeous rendition of a good fairy presenting her gift to the baby princess through the medium of dance (everyone said I should have got it. Even the proud mama of the boy who got it for being able to read up to page 3 in the first Janet and John book).  So I deleted my twitter account and stomped off like the bad fairy doing the paso in Halloween week - and put a curse upon it whilst I was at it...

Still, sometimes it's good to know what is being twittered... ;-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

[quote="Twirlie"]

ANd that is exactly why I will have Aljaz as my partner when (yes, when....) I am a s.leb and my agent sorts out SCD for me...

Re Erin - I thought the underwire v bust explanation was both crystal clear and beyond funny - her delivery was comic genius Laughing Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:32 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Thank you for routeing me to this - it was hilaire... Laughing

I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, as I am not a tweeter.  I had an account on the basis that me and Marian, and me and Clauds, and me and Miranda, and me and Sue (Perkins) were going to have lots of lovely banter.  But no. Nothing.  They either talk to their celeb friends, their real friends, or just generically.  I was crushed.  I haven't had disappointment like that since failing to get the prayer card bookmark in Acclamation Assembly, for my gorgeous rendition of a good fairy presenting her gift to the baby princess through the medium of dance (everyone said I should have got it. Even the proud mama of the boy who got it for being able to read up to page 3 in the first Janet and John book).  So I deleted my twitter account and stomped off like the bad fairy doing the paso in Halloween week - and put a curse upon it whilst I was at it...

Still, sometimes it's good to know what is being twittered... ;-)

Haha - me, Sue, Claud, Miranda and Mar are bezzies didn't you know tongue

I wanted to post the tweet here but I've problems with Twitter on my lappy and problems with this site on my phone so I could only do one or the other! Glad you found it though :-)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Apparently Zoe's not well so Gethin is presenting ITT tonight. Should be interesting. Susan has also tweeted that they have no music in Blackpool to practise their Paso too. I'm sure Kevin knows all his steps, it's inked into his soul year on year like an interior Spanish tat.

Get well soon Zoe flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Ye gods andf little fishes...

Gethin?

GETHIN?!!!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Oh. Ok - not as bad as I feared.

Bit awkward/wooden with the autocue, but seemed very interested and involved when he was interviewing the couples. And I suppose he was thrown in at very short notice, so in all, he did pretty well. Thought Ian was enjoying it a bit too much though!

Hope Zoe feels better soon ...

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Rumours are Zoe's got a tummy bug.

I felt my hackles start to rise when he started gushing over Alexandra saying 'those A. Tango walking on the foot moves - never been done before in Strictly'. Hang your head in shame Gethin. Have you not watched anything Vincent & Flavia have done? It's only Flavia's signature move!

Needs a looser, more casual jacket, or better still, loose it altogether. He did a good job at short notice. It makes a change from hearing the usual 'look who I've found in the corridor, canteen, make-up & hair room, costume room, train station etc.

When does the Pro challenge start, or did I blink and miss it?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Not too shabby from Gethin at short notice.
Mollie and AJ tried valiantly to be enthusiastic about their Charleston she's got swivel anyway- go Mollie!! She's definitely my afor team this week.
I hope we still get a decent paso from Kevin I'll be really cross if he wastes that music...if he does I might just have to sneak round the back and lull the plug out!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Gethin did a good job, way better than his behind-the-scenes commentary anyway.

My new favourite thing about Gorka is the way he says "Argentine".

B4p wrote:When does the Pro challenge start, or did I blink and miss it?

Wouldn't be arsed if they've forgotten about that!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:17 am

No - I don't think he did too badly at all and seemed to quite get into the interviews.

Mollie and AJ were so nice - she is so natural and AJ seems so different this year - I fear for them with the Charleston and I so hope they don't end up exiting this week - they so deserve to stay in over Jonnie or Susan for me. My feeling with Jonnie and Susan are that they've really added something to the contest this year, they've been a blast but its time to go now. In all honesty, I'm sure they would keep in Mollie over Jonnie if she ended up in the DO against him but not sure how it would go if it were Mollie up against Susan? Susan and K evin must still be polling a good share of the votes - particularly as their Tango wasn't really anything special and was at the start of the show...................Just found myself hoping tonight that Mollie and AJ can stay out of the DO again, I'd love them to have a bit more time.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 am

I so agree Mauveangel. I'm worried that the much-hyped Kevin Clifton paso 'production' may over-shadow Mollie and Gemma,   even if Susan doesn't dance it particularly well.  I remember thinking at the time that Susanne and Kevin's Blackpool paso was over-rated, but it certainly was a crowd pleaser.  
I'm worried for Mollie this week, charleston to Little Mix doesn't sound that inspiring.  Agree with you about them on ITT, I really enjoy watching their partnership, think Mollie is bringing out a more relaxed side to AJ which we haven't seen before.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm enjoying Gethin as stand-in, the programme feels much calmer. I like Zoe, but all her flapping around with multi-superlatives can sometimes get a bit much.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

The couples seem to catch Zoe's hyperness and that then makes her more hyper and so on. Everyone was much calmer tonight and you could actually get some proper, more thoughtful responses from the guests. I felt more relaxed too.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:15 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
I hope we still get a decent paso from Kevin I'll be really cross if he wastes that music...if he does I might just have to sneak round the back and lull the plug out!! Wink

You are Miss Leach and I claim my £5 prize.. lol!

What's all this about having no music in Blackpool to practise to? Haven't they heard of Youtube? Hope they don't get Rumba de Burros by mistake.. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next