Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 10 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 am

B4p wrote:
Thank you diamonds and Tango. I'm making good progress. The knees still swollen but I can manage most of the time without the crutches now. I do a few short walks (to the teapot and back) then have a rest before trekking to our upstairs bathroom. I feel a bit of a fraud compared to Mrs T who must be in far more pain. Hope she's feeling a bit brighter soon. Hope sax is on the road to recovery now. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes Embarassed

Leg problems are a bitch. I know as I suffered from tendonitis in the knee a year and half ago. Agony. We all need to walk and if your legs are sore every step is agony. Sympathies to sax, B4p and Mrs D.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 am

I too send all good wishes to B4P, Sax and Mrs T flower flower

Ref comments about Gethin - yes, I think he has done quite well particularly with interviewing the couples which I really enjoyed. He asked some good questions and wasn't just 'gushing' - however, I don't know whether it was just me but I felt the Gethin/I an combination was a bit awkward and he seemed to be dreading the 'demos'!!! Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:25 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I too send all good wishes to B4P, Sax and Mrs T flower flower

Ref comments about Gethin - yes, I think he has done quite well particularly with interviewing the couples which I really enjoyed.  He asked some good questions and wasn't just 'gushing' - however, I don't know whether it was just me but I felt the Gethin/I an combination was a bit awkward and he seemed to be dreading the 'demos'!!! Laughing

Thanks all for the good wishes and mine to Sax. I haven't been reading everything and missed that. Get well soon Sax.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 10 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2107

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 pm

jingle wrote:I so agree Mauveangel. I'm worried that the much-hyped Kevin Clifton paso 'production' may over-shadow Mollie and Gemma,   even if Susan doesn't dance it particularly well.  I remember thinking at the time that Susanne and Kevin's Blackpool paso was over-rated, but it certainly was a crowd pleaser.  
I'm worried for Mollie this week, charleston to Little Mix doesn't sound that inspiring.  Agree with you about them on ITT, I really enjoy watching their partnership,  think Mollie is bringing out a more relaxed side to AJ which we haven't seen before.

It's funny - these two have grown on me. They weren't particularly amongst the ones that I have supported thus far and I thought their first DO appearance with the cha cha was very wobbly. Then I was so glad that they were saved in the next DO with their slow Foxtrot which they danced beautifully in the DO situation. I actively disliked AJ last year and found the partnership with C laudia strange - but here is an example of someone who has really settled down on their second year - I couldn't see much wrong with the paso last week - in fact for me personally they have delivered more memorable routines than Gemma and Alijaz - much as I also like them. I am willing Gemma to do well this week as I think that she is up against Davood now. Davood and Nadiya are still not really my cup of tea but people seem to be starting to think of them as contenders.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm

mauve I thought of you when they took B.rendan on a trip down memory lane. Two bits made me giggle though: them skipping over Lulu completely and Brendan's "me and Natasha had some fantastic moments" (so we heard!). Sophie stood out like a mesmerising china doll.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 10 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2107

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm

lol!

Yes - it was very selective wasn't it!! Ditto thoughts about Sophie. She was different from the run of mill SCD contestant.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Sid wrote:Brendan's "me and Natasha had some fantastic moments" (so we heard!). Sophie stood out like a mesmerising china doll.

Mauve wrote:Yes - it was very selective wasn't it!! Ditto thoughts about Sophie. She was different from the run of mill SCD contestant.

lol! Re Natsha! I sniggered at the TV...

And all of the above about Sophie. And she was always resplendent in gorgeous, gorgeous dresses. Yes, she has the figure and the legs, but I think she is very stylish and elegant in her day to day life and absolutely knows what suits her, so I think she would have given Vicky very good direction on what she wanted, within a chosen concept. Vicky will always commetn if there is someone who has a clear idea of what they want - I don't think there is anyone this year, though Katya and YASB generally do well. Janette, not at all....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

lol! Re Natsha! I sniggered at the TV...

And all of the above about Sophie. And she was always resplendent in gorgeous, gorgeous dresses.  Yes, she has the figure and the legs, but I think she is very stylish and elegant in her day to day life and absolutely knows what suits her, so I think she would have given Vicky very good direction on what she wanted, within a chosen concept. Vicky will always commetn if there is someone who has a clear idea of what they want - I don't think there is anyone this year, though Katya and YASB generally do well. Janette, not at all....

Sophie was that contestant where I was always even more intrigued about the upcoming outfit than the dance. I imagine she was a dream to dress. She had that old style sophistication and glamour and wardrobe served her well (their only blip was a weird shade of green for Sophie's Cha Cha that washed her out).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Vin.cent on choreography corner tomorrow Sid! I love you I love you I love you
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Vin.cent on choreography corner tomorrow Sid! I love you I love you I love you

If you think I ran around my living room squealing when I heard that alls - you'd be right.

Laughing

I've developed a weird addiction to watching Joe's Salsa. As in I've viewed it way more times than is acceptable and I'm only getting started. I just love how nuts it was - and Katya's "bouncey" ending! They're so close to becoming my favourites mostly because of their personalities and how they are with each other.

On a related note, Jonnie and Oti really are the kind of partnership that make Strictly Strictly. Was sadder than I thought I'd be saying goodbye to them. Mind you, it's been one of those downcast days anyway after the desperately sad news of Wimbledon champ Jana Novotna passing away. She was one of my favourites and I was lost for words when I heard. 49 is no age at all. Really upsetting.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Sid wrote:

If you think I ran around my living room squealing when I heard that alls - you'd be right.

Laughing

Mind you, it's been one of those downcast days anyway after the desperately sad news of Wimbledon champ Jana Novotna passing away. She was one of my favourites and I was lost for words when I heard. 49 is no age at all. Really upsetting.
Yes really sad...I'll never forget her tears when she threw away her chance to win that title at Wimbledon and Duchess of Kent (?) comforting her telling her that her time would come and how lovely it was when she won it a few years later.
I love Joe and Katya. He and Gemma are my faves now I love you
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Yes really sad...I'll never forget her tears when she threw away her chance to win that title at Wimbledon and Duchess of Kent (?) comforting her telling her that her time would come and  how lovely it was when she won it a few years later.
I love Joe and Katya. He and Gemma are my faves now I love you

Hers was the best Wimbledon story alls. We were all rooting for her and when she finally won and rested her head on the trophy with a great big smile on her face it was everything.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

Sid wrote:

Hers was the best Wimbledon story alls. We were all rooting for her and when she finally won and rested her head on the trophy with a great big smile on her face it was everything.

RIP Jana .One of my favourite tennis players of all time .Her smile was so beautiful .
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 10 Empty RE: it Takes Two 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Sid wrote:

Laughing

I've developed a weird addiction to watching Joe's Salsa. As in I've viewed it way more times than is acceptable and I'm only getting started. I just love how nuts it was - and Katya's "bouncey" ending! They're so close to becoming my favourites mostly because of their personalities and how they are with each other.

On a related note, Jonnie and Oti really are the kind of partnership that make Strictly Strictly. Was sadder than I thought I'd be saying goodbye to them. Mind you, it's been one of those downcast days anyway after the desperately sad news of Wimbledon champ Jana Novotna passing away. She was one of my favourites and I was lost for words when I heard. 49 is no age at all. Really upsetting.

Joe for the win!!!! There I've come out and said it................... bounce bounce (although I'm still supporting Debbie and after her Gemma). Like you S id - I loved that Salsa and the music and the second time I watched it back, along with the clips on ITT last night made me like it even more and I was left feeling that he was undermarked. The song has also been on my mind since the weekend..................... drunken

Also agree about Jonnie - although I felt it was well and truly his time to go, he was a great natural person and one of those that makes us love SCD. Celebs all do SCD for different reasons I know, but you feel that with some of the showbiz types that it is just another project to put on the CV and gain them more exposure, but for the sports people there always seems to be much more of a sense of it being a personal challenge and achievement - like with Jonnie - he was very refreshing with his attitude and approach.....................I didn't realize though that Blackpool week was such a 'curse' for the sports men - although I remember being gutted this time last year when Greg exited.

Great shame about Jana Novotna😢

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Can't contain myself - had to rush on here and squeal with joy and excitement after Vincent's choreography corner ( which means I am missing Davood and YASB drone on - no loss...)

I always love vincent, but now I adore him even more because a) he seemed fairly unimpressed with Davood (lack of shaping - wot we all said) and b) that the Salsa is meant to be down in the knees (wot I have been wittering on about for weeks...)

Loving him and all his 'wimmins'Very Happy and his 'eeps'

Oh, just love him altogether

Come back tomorrow!  I love you I love you I love you

Oh gaping fishes....  Nadiya has just declared the Waltz the hardest dance.  There was me thinking it was the cha cha cha/the samba/the jive/the quickstep/the paso/the every dance they have to dance.... Pah!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Vinthent is just the king

More please. Also made me smile when Vin cent said Gio was his brother from another mother.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Oh Vincent loved his

We're so happy your here.... I know

We love you.... I know

We have missed you... I know!

Loved his critique of each couple not a 100% positive for everyone.
How fab were his shoes... turn up toes almost elf like..... Just great to see and of course gear him...

Tiny Lil man his glasses caused a little shadow smudge on cheeks I thought did Vincent have a mole? Then it swopped sides and finally realised shadow from frame....

Omg re Giovanni and his wings for if he had of lost his shirt oh mama Mia the Lil cherub with a naughty China. .... then to grab Zoe and smooch rhumba ooh la la
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Vinnie's just the cheekiest little bundle of cuteness and he didn't let me down with his catchphrases - I missed his trademark eyebrow action but I'll settle for a 'standing ovulation'  Laughing

Top notch analysis and demos too.

mauveangel09 wrote:
Joe for the win!!!!   There I've come out and said it................... bounce bounce (although I'm still supporting Debbie and after her Gemma).    Like you S id - I loved that Salsa and the music and the second time I watched it back, along with the clips on ITT last night made me like it even more and I was left feeling that he was undermarked.  The song has also been on my mind since the weekend..................... drunken 

Not to be a killjoy but I thought it was quite OVERmarked mauve! (just from an execution standpoint). However, the sheer insanity of it - and the fact it ticked off another tune on my fantasy Strictly playlist - made it the dance of the series for me so far. Sorta wish it'd been their Showdance now!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm

I thought he showed a lot of skill in the dance - you are right, it would have made a really good Showdance. Hope he can continue to do well with his return to ballroom this week - I think they could pick up some valuable points in the Crap - a - thon too - as their paso was really good.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:13 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I think they could pick up some valuable points in the Crap - a - thon too - as their paso was really good.
I think this is where the female contestants aren't under the same pressures as the males, particularly in the male led Paso. Joe & Davood are more likely to stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the male pros.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 pm

I did chuckle when they put up a photo of AJ aged 11 and you couldn't tell the difference Laughing

The Charleston swivel Pro Challenge is basically C.raig's wet dream.

Love love LOVED Zoe's sequined skirt.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:03 pm

I love you Janette's jive masterclass! Just about got the drunken sailors but was pretty rubbish at all the rest!! Razz
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel a bit squirmy when Alexandra sung Happy Birhtday to Zoe?

She meant it well and with a lot of heart - but a tad embarassing no?

I can barely look at Gorka - too, too handsome!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Was it just me, or did anyone else feel a bit squirmy when Alexandra sung Happy Birhtday to Zoe?

She meant it well and with a lot of heart - but a tad embarassing no?

I can barely look at Gorka - too, too handsome!
To,be honest D&P I went out to finish my gravy off at that point and only had half an ear on it - didn't want all her gushing to put me off my midweek roast Wink  it sounded a bit OTT to me.
Gorka...yes ....dreamy! I love you
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm gravy and mid week roast nom nom!   Alex too gushy and had a very long airtime session... I felt she had a Lil longer than others had...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next