Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

+6
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
jingle
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
10 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Actually B4 I will admit that when me and the hubster make the long drive up to my dads or home again we always listen to Popmaster - usually somewhere around Newark! - and sometimes I do brilliantly and sometimes I'm rubbish. I do enjoy the occasional foray back to Steve Wright on the afternoon whilst cruising down the M40!!

No!!! I always listen to Popmaster on the long drive to my Mum's - though it is long over by the time I hit Newark... But I do have to hit Newark! Don't like Steve Wright, but love Simon Mayo's True Confessions - I normally listen to the podcast collection at the end of the week.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 pm

No, I can totally see that as a QS D&P! I do like Doves, it was actually my cousin who introduced me to them, musically not literally of course!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty ReL Strictly 2017 which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 pm

B4p wrote:

Holly Valance & Artem

Tom Chambers & Camilla

Thanx B4P - it was Tom and Camilla that I had in mind - back in the days when they would all line up in the semi final and dance their Argentine Tango! I didn't remember that Holly and A rtem had used it. Thinking about the track it would actually also make a great ballroom tango too - in the style that we rarely see in SCD nowadays, and where the woman is not driven round the floor at high speed.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty Re: Scd 2017 which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Hmmm - I'm not convinced that the pros choose their music, despite what was said by Robin WIndsor a few years ago.  I'm sure it was how he described it THEN, but I don't get the feeling it is now.  I think that the pros may well pitch songs and ideas, but they don't necessarily get their way.

He said it last year - but that isn't to say that they get their choices!!! We know they don't. They do get to pitch their tracks but then obviously these are thrown up in the air and if they are lucky they get some of them............the point is, the likes of K evin, A nton and B rendan don't get too much foisted on them I think - it seems to be a different story for many of the others. As for Janette - she has a history of dodgy music and choreography, and that can't be all the production team, when hubby regular does some great n umbers. She is a great latin dancer and that shines through in her music and choreography for those n umbers.... but anything else - particularly ballroom not so good I'm afraid.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Now, my tune... I'm a little reluctant to share lest I shall be judged harshly for thinking that this has the right tempo for a QS. It's a bit too rocky, and as I say, is all about loss (written about the time the songwriter's father died).  But here goes... (please be kind! And best listened to without the video to distract) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFM0pUn4dcA

It's unusual but in the best possible way - I'd totally Quickstep with you to this diamonds x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Love the choice Sid! & can we form an orderly queue for a dance with you. I'm partial to a possibility of a VW with Mr D  Embarassed might need a nebuliser ready after x

Last edited by saxonsiren on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:37 pm

I do love Snow Patrol  "Run" I know I'm hiding
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 pm

So with Debbie and Giovanni's hint at the end of the results show I'm predicting Cats, Memories and AS ( sounds like a strictly version of cluedo Wink ) Was there any other spoilers? I missed bits of it?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm

study Dances left to do:  study

Alexandra & Gorka -  Foxtrot, V.Waltz, Charleston, Salsa

Debbie & Giovanni - Foxtrot, Waltz, American Smooth, Jive

Joe & Katya - Waltz, American Smooth, Samba, Argentine Tango,

Davood & Nadiya - Foxtrot, Tango, Salsa, Argentine Tango,

Gemma & Aljaz -  Quickstep, Tango, Rumba, Argentine Tango,

Mollie & AJ - Waltz, Rumba, Samba, Argentine Tango,
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:57 pm

musicals week dances

Davood and Nadiya - Argentine Tango to The Phantom Of The Opera from The Phantom Of The Opera

Joe and Katya -Samba to Money Monday from Cabaret

Alexandra and Gorka - Charleston to Supercalifragilistic from Mary Poppins

Debbie and Giovanni - American Smooth to Memory from Cats

Gemma and Aljaz -Quickstep to Hello Dolly! from Hello Dolly!

Mollie and AJ - Rumba to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserablés

I'll leave it to the maestro B4 to add the links! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty Week 11 Musicals

Post  B4p Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:33 pm

study Week 11 Music & Dance Choices study

Week 11

Gemma and Alijaz - Quickstep to Hello Dolly!  from Hello Dolly!
https://youtu.be/mcbw0GETjZw

Debbie and Giovanni - American Smooth to Memory from Cats
https://youtu.be/4-L6rEm0rnY

Joe and Katya - Samba to Money Money from Cabaret
https://youtu.be/I8P80A8vy9I

Mollie and AJ - Rumba to I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserablés
https://youtu.be/5D5DgQi2oqA

Davood and Nadiya - Argentine Tango to The Phantom Of The Opera from The Phantom Of The Opera
https://youtu.be/oZDcSrODALQ

Alex and Gorka - Charleston to Supercalifragilistic from Mary Poppins
https://youtu.be/tRFHXMQP-QU

Dances left to do after week 11

Alexandra & Gorka -  Foxtrot, V.Waltz, Salsa

Debbie & Giovanni - Foxtrot, Waltz, Jive

Joe & Katya - Waltz, American Smooth, Argentine Tango,

Davood & Nadiya - Foxtrot, Tango, Salsa

Gemma & Aljaz -  Tango, Rumba, Argentine Tango,

Mollie & AJ - Waltz, Samba, Argentine Tango,
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Wow, top marks B4!
I think Davood has drawn the short straw music wise this week - I just don't see an AT to that music. Evil or Very Mad Not sure about Joe's samba music either scratch
Mollie could struggle with a rumba ( cue all the childish catcalls in the Clauditorium
If Gemma is as good as a couple of weeks ago she'll be ok, Alex and Debbie will smash it.(sorry I just have to give myself a smug moment for winning strictly cluedo with Debbie's song - not that it was rocket science)

At this early stage I fear most for Mollie. Could be Davood in DO with her if it doesn't work, or even Joe?
Very interesting.....

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 pm

The ringers score again. Alexandra and Debbie have the best of it in terms of musical choices. I cannot see Joe or Gemma's music being apt at all for thei chosen dances. An early bah humbug from me.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Well I don't mind the ballroom choices but not too enthralled. Lots of Opportunities for Debbay to cock a leg up at the Cats tune.

Love a bit of Mary Poppins and think it'll make a good Charleston if Alexandra can let herself go a bit.

Not sure about Mollie & Davood's music. Not keen on either.

I trust Katya will come up with something novel for Joe. I think it's the 'Money-Money' song isn't it? Not the first tune on my Samba list. He'll get my votes this week in case he ends up mid-table.

I would love to see a V. Waltz to Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter
https://youtu.be/1Li0SWlwe34

or a waltz to Under The Bridges of Paris from 'Shall We Dance'
https://youtu.be/IMG8Qg6NqT8
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Or how about a Viennese Waltz to this from 'The Spy Who Loved Me':-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSvl0ZNpuf8
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
I think Davood has drawn the short straw music wise this week - I just don't see an AT to that music. Evil or Very Mad

I agree -it's been used twice before, both times for pasos rather than AT (Artem with Kara T, and A.nton with Katie D).

Last night I was saying that I find Davood's frozen expression a bit distracting, so for me it'll be interesting to watch him dance without that issue (with the mask)

Can't say any of the choices have excited me, it feels a bit like groundhog day. I'm sure we've had Mary Poppins a few times, and Cats as well.

Really don't like the song for Mollie, ugh.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Yes I broadly agree with everyone - Alex will smash it - Debbie has a great one and a great opportunity to show off all the moves with an American Smooth (great dance to get for the Quarter finals). Love Hello Dolly - what a crowd pleaser music wise and if Gemma has the support that we think she does - seems a good one for her.

I think it is Davood and Mollie who have drawn the short straws - Phantom is totally inappropriate for an Argentine Tango - it is a big and dramatic n umber (that can't be altered much) and although they'll have a good stab at it, I don't see an authentic AT coming out of it - just something placed that vaguely resembles the dance (sorry to sound harsh - I know it's not their fault). Not sure Mollie will cope very well with the rumba (would have been good if she could have swerved this one and she hasn't got the best music. They only did Les Mis recently - it was the one that Helen George went out on - with all the musical choices out there I'm surprised!

That brings me to Joe and Katya..............don't know what to think except that 'Money makes the world go around' wouldn't fit for a samba at all??? What are they going to do with the tempo?? In one way I am worried (getting ready to give them all my votes) and in another, I think with Katya's choreography it could be something exciting............................ Shocked Shocked

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. This is a terrible selection!

Debs has a cracker (tho I sort of always want Memory to belong to Alesha and Matt). And Alex's is alright (tho she did a similar theme with her My Fair Lady number earlier in the series).

Gemma's is reasonable I suppose.

But the others are STUFFED. I mean a Samba to Money Monday? Come on!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Sid wrote:

It's unusual but in the best possible way - I'd totally Quickstep with you to this diamonds x

Embarassed Gosh - I am overcome Sid!

However, not to turn down the chance of a quickstep with you Sid, but that tune was an example of a one which shouldn't be used for a QS because it is totally the wrong mood, despite being a tune I like, and one which has a QS tempo.... I used it to illustrate a POOR choice of tune - much like a lot of the tunes used for some of the dances increasingly on Strictly, ie right tempo but totally wrong mood and essence.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 am

We have had cats before and Bloomin Mary Popping. .. Money, Monday No affraid omg why dear god Why!
So many different musicals to use bit of Oliver! Grease, West Side Story, Oaklahoma! Joseph, Lion King
Fiddler on the Roof, Hairspray, Matilde, even Spamalot,
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:02 am

Bah, humbug,humbug,humbug. It's a dance show, not Desert Island Discs... Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 am

saxonsiren wrote:We have had cats before and Bloomin Mary Popping. .. Money, Monday No affraid omg why dear god Why!
So many different musicals to use bit of Oliver! Grease, West Side Story, Oaklahoma! Joseph, Lion King
Fiddler on the Roof, Hairspray, Matilde, even Spamalot,

Or how about South Pacific, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Chicago, The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Calamity Jane..etc etc etc.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 am

UPDATE FROM BBC SITE
Mollie will now be dancing Rumba to Hopelessly Devoted to You from Grease
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 pm

It's not a well-known fact, but actually there are very few genuine musicals out there.  Many, many pretenders of course.  I keep it secret because... you know... Wink

But because you are all you, I will share Diamond's list of Musicals (but shhh - keep it to yourselves.  You could be in danger if anyone finds out....)

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Oklahoma
Meet Me in St Louis
Singing in the Rain
Easter Parade
On The Town
High Society
West Side Story
Carousel

I believe Brigadoon could be a genuine one, but I haven't seen it, so it could just be a good fake.

Excellent fakes are Cabaret, Chicago and Grease and Annie Get Your Gun.  There may be a few more out there of course.  The Sound of Music and Oliver are fakes which didn't get past me but have conned zillions of people over the decades.  See also Mary Poppins and My Fair Lady... Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber is just school assembly on a bigger scale. Les Miserables is just a bit of song and dance about some poor unhappy chap called Les - not worth getting off the couch for.

Fred and Ginger films are dance films, rather than musicals. 42nd Street also falls into the dancing category (come on -who goes to see it for the songs?!)

Remember - keep schtum!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:43 pm

The Phantom overture would possibly work better for Davood. I mean it's still nowhere in the vicinity of being ideal but you can at least envisage an AT if you really put your mind to it. Sort of.

Mollie's song change has gone from bad to worse!

diamondsandpearls wrote:
Embarassed Gosh - I am overcome Sid!

However, not to turn down the chance of a quickstep with you Sid, but that tune was an example of a one which shouldn't be used for a QS because it is totally the wrong mood, despite being a tune I like, and one which has a QS tempo.... I used it to illustrate a POOR choice of tune - much like a lot of the tunes used for some of the dances increasingly on Strictly, ie right tempo but totally wrong mood and essence.

Oh the tune would be the least of our worries diamonds - you haven't seen me try to dance Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next