Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

+6
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
jingle
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
10 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 10 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:03 pm

I hope South Pacific and The Student Prince are to be included along with Holiday Inn, Finian's Rainbow, Me and My Girl (where the Lambeth Walk comes from) and The Pyjama Game etc....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 10 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  jingle Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:48 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:UPDATE FROM BBC SITE
Mollie will now be dancing  Rumba to Hopelessly Devoted to You from Grease

That's fractionally better I think, but hardly ideal for a rumba either.

So rather than the rags of Les Mis, I wonder if she'll be dressed in a long flannel nightie Question
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Wonder why they changed the song?  I hope they are not going to dress Mollie in the neck to ankle length Victoria Nightie Olivia wore in the film No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:54 pm

I don't care what Davood gets for his AT - it will be a plonky, moody, lust-fest whatever tune he gets.

I have no idea why AJ didn't try and swerve the Rumba for Mollie. Again, I don't think it matters too much what they dance to as, sadly, I don't think Mollie has it in her to deliver a decent Rumba. Very few people have, to be fair...

The one that annoys me is Money Money (surely? Rather than Money Monday...?). That is from Cabaret which is set in the Weimar Republic Berlin of the early 1930s. It SCREAMS decadance and Bright Young Things, ie a Charleston. Under NO circumstances whatsoever, does it say Brazil, carnival, and bum-feathers.

Sid wrote:Oh the tune would be the least of our worries diamonds - you haven't seen me try to dance Laughing

Sid, on here we are all AMAZING dancers.... Wink Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:46 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Phantom is totally inappropriate for an Argentine Tango - it is a big and dramatic n umber (that can't be altered much) and although they'll have a good stab at it, I don't see an authentic AT coming out of it - just something placed that vaguely resembles the dance (sorry to sound harsh - I know it's not their fault)
They could have used Libertango from 'The Tango Lesson' or something from Carmen? Roxanne from Moulin Rouge?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 am

Sid wrote:Mollie's song change has gone from bad to worse!
Agree. The poor girl is toast! Do we know why it was changed, or did the Beeb site just get it wrong?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 am

Dances left to do:

Alexandra & Gorka -  Foxtrot, V.Waltz, Salsa

Debbie & Giovanni - Foxtrot, Waltz, Jive

Joe & Katya - Waltz, American Smooth, Argentine Tango,

Gemma & Aljaz -  Tango, Rumba, Argentine Tango,

Mollie & AJ - Waltz, Samba, Argentine Tango,

Alexandra seems to shine in the Latin, and will probably relish the Salsa (pardon the pun)

Giovanni has said that they are doing the Jive & Foxtrot this week. I'm surprised he hasn't stuck with both ballrooms where he can lead. He did say that the jive was his favourite dance but will Debbay's energy be sustainable?

Joe's the last male standing and has to lead. I'm hoping Katya will come up with a great A. Smooth and Waltz.

Tough dances for Gemma

Will Molly cope with learning 2 dances? I can see her thriving in the waltz but struggling with the Latin.

Learning an Argentine tango in the equivalent of 2 days is a big ask for even the Pros.

The music this week is really going to be critical I think.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 am

3 At's ooh no.... Alex and Debbie seem have easier list. Wish they danced same dances in semi final so we can see different styles and how they have improved
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:19 am

Wow you are an absolute star B4 I was just coming over to find out what was left and you've already done it!
If they are doing 2 in the semis I presume Gemma wouldn't be allowed to do both tangos? which means the dreaded rumba. pale
Looking good for Joe I'd say.
As you say the music is going to be everything- take note producers, although I would be surprised if these were not mapped out even before the series started. I wonder if changes are made at shorter notice? From a production point of view, I assume they need  a fair bit of warning for each song/dance. I'd love to see all this on ITT now that's behind the scenes stuff I would definitely like to see on ITT- fly on the wall in production meetings!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 am

saxonsiren wrote:3 At's ooh no.... Alex and Debbie seem have easier list. Wish they danced same dances in semi final so we can see different styles and how they have improved
It's like looking at the end of season run in for football isn't it?!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

At least with the underdogs all with Tango (one Argentine) they'll get a chance to impress the viewers if not the judges. Katya may well come up with a sparkler for Joe. Won't really matter except against each other, as Margot Fontaine and Tina Sparkle will ooze through to the final anyway...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: I would definitely like to see on ITT- fly on the wall in production meetings!
That would be TV gold allsewn Basketball
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 10 Empty Semi finals Dance & Song Choices

Post  B4p Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Week 12

Gemma and Alijaz
Rumba - to Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé
https://youtu.be/bqIxCtEveG8

Tango - to My Sharona by The Knack (Royal Blood cover)
https://youtu.be/IkjOn2jyaME

Debbie and Giovanni
Foxtrot - to Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
https://youtu.be/IVvkjuEAwgU

Jive - to I’m So Exited by the Pointer Sisters
https://youtu.be/8iwBM_YB1sE

Joe and Katya
American Smooth - to Have You Met Miss Jones by Robbie Williams
https://youtu.be/HMsNqxIJ2x0

Argentine Tango - to Human by Rag n’ Bone Man
https://youtu.be/L3wKzyIN1yk

Alex and Gorka
Salsa - to Finally by Cece Peniston
https://youtu.be/xk8mm1Qmt-Y

Viennese Waltz - to Tina Arena’s version of R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts
https://youtu.be/5rOiW_xY-kc

Mollie and AJ
Waltz - to Angel by Sarah McLachlan
https://youtu.be/i1GmxMTwUgs

Samba - to Whenever, Wherever by Shakira
https://youtu.be/weRHyjj34ZE
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Question to the music Troll. Why the Royal Blood Cover? Show some respect and put the original up instead of a 4th rate copy
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Love Have you met Miss Jones, but Ella version first, then Frank Sinatra before Robbie Williams. (Also this reminded me of Billy Paul's Me and Mrs Jones...and even Michael Buble version...great music.

Oh, and I like Shakira.... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:24 pm

My immediate reaction is one of being underwhelmed. But delving a bit deeper-

the AT and tango music suck -   Joe's AS has great music and could be fab, shame about AT music but Katya will manage as she proved last week
Debbie has lucked out with both
So has Alexandra

Of the two in danger I think Mollie has potentially better songs and dances if she can let it loose in samba. Worry for Gemma- tricky dance (rumba) and shite music ( tango) pale
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Love Have you met Miss Jones, but Ella version first, then Frank Sinatra before Robbie Williams. (Also this reminded me of Billy Paul's Me and Mrs Jones...and even Michael Buble version...great music.

Oh, and I like Shakira.... Wink
Can't beat a bit of big band Mr T...and Shakira will be great for a samba I feel.g
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 pm

I think Mollie and AJ drew the best out of the hat. Although the Sarah Mclachlan one is a bit sacherine - I think Mollie has had her fill of sugar.  Her teeth will drop out any minute at this rate. And so very cliched - x-factor and The Voice hopefuls territory.

I'm a bit worried about Everybody Hurts for Alexandra... It's an emotional song at the best of times, but I know from holding my friend's hand in the taxi home one night shortly after her grandmother died, that it can quite undo you (it came on the cab's radio whilst we were in the taxi - she just dissloved).  But I guess Alexandra will have trained with it all week, so it won't appear out of nowhere.  Also, she is an old school pro and she won't let the side down.

Interestingly, Gorka does a decent (in my eyes!) Salsa in footage on Youtube, ie proper down in the knees, relaxed-looking, loose and flowing.  But I have also seen him in other latin dances in competion where he is all spiky and contorts his face into all sorts of weirdnes... I really he hope she goes with the former style rather than the latter, but I fear it will be a bit spiky, with loads of armography, liftography, SamCha-ography, Hustle-ography and some kitchensink-ography for good measure.  Oh, joy....

Gemma is comletely stuffed unless Aljaz can be uber clever and make a stupid song work as Katya did with Money Money.  The problem is, Money is a great, iconic song with great, iconic associations, and it was theme week so she could oncentrate on all the great iconography (sorry - I appear to be committed now to using 'ography' wherever posssible... ). My Sharona, and the non-original version at that, is, to my ears, a truly dreadful song and a tricky one to work with. The Emile Sande song is just a vomit-fest, so could work well for a vomitty, slushy, moody Rumba. (I have already booked a visit to the loo, a kettle-filling t.rip to the kitchen, the feeding of a non-existent cat, and, if necessary, the tucking up of imaginary children, whilst that is on...)

Debbie and Gio have got workable tunes, even if the Pointer Sisters one doesn't really say Rock n Roll (which to me is what a Jive is all about - soz Shirl and your International Fedration of Ballroom stuffed shirts). It'll be a jive I won't like (like Jill Not Even a Whole Penny) but that the judges will swoon over and C.raig will get his ten paddle out for the second time for Debbie and probably throw himself at her feet and attach himself to her ankle like a manacle, for ever more.  Oh well.  Hoping for good things from the Foxtrot though. AND A DECENT DRESS! (I hope you are paying attention Vicky - I will send you handmade truffles if necessary, as it seems Debs isn't particuarly bothered about doing much sucking up herself).

Can't stand Robbie Williams' version of anything (Take That were SO much better without him - I was gutted when they took him back in 2009), but at least this is an appropriate song for an AS.  Hopefully it will be a Foxtrot-based one - we haven't seen a really great Foxtrot all series and this song has Foxtrot written all over it (they're so going to do a VW aren't they.....).  And Human is a song that I am not going to waste any words over. Especially in the context of an AT. Just hope VInthent is back choreographing (YASB very much seemed to own the choreography of theirs, so I'm assuming Vince wasn't involved. I truly hope not. Whatever that upstart Bourne says, it wasn't good.)

Of all those tunes I shall be telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth with my hips to Shakira (because my hips won't lie.... Very Happy ) - it probably won't be a Samba, but nobody will care.  The rest I will be sitting down for.  Apart from Gemma's Tango, and I've already described my arrangements for that.

Isn't this fun! Cool Cool
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Eughh, five of those songs I positively dislike. The worst of all (to my ears) is My Sharona, I always detested that song for no particular reason.

Agree with Diamonds, I think Mollie has definitely got the best pick of the bunch this week. so I'm a happy bunny about that.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 10 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 pm

B4p wrote:Question to the music Troll. Why the Royal Blood Cover? Show some respect and put the original up instead of a 4th rate copy

Don't you mean 5th rate????

Yes - I'm a bit underwhelmed but will reflect on it for now..................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 am

Noooooo what have they given Joe for AT, it's terrible! I hope he dances that first so it's out the way and everybody's most recent memory is his AS which should be good (but agree diamonds Robbie Williams versions of anything are never my preferred version).

Dislike both of Gemma's tunes.

Mollie has two safe songs.

I love a bit of CeCe Peniston and Pointer Sisters but worry there's too much angst in Everybody Hurts.

Last edited by Sid on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 am

jingle wrote:Eughh, five of those songs I positively dislike. The worst of all (to my ears) is My Sharona, I always detested that song for no particular reason.

Agree with Diamonds, I think Mollie has definitely got the best pick of the bunch this week. so I'm a happy bunny about that.

Exactly the same for me Jingle. No reason - it just offends my ears.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 am

jingle wrote:Eughh, five of those songs I positively dislike. The worst of all (to my ears) is My Sharona, I always detested that song for no particular reason.  
Well, I'm going to be radical and say I like it, one for the iconic intro, and two because it reminds me of my mispent yoof drunken That's not to say it'll make any sort of decent Strictly dance song, but hey, when did that matter Cool
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Actually I think I know why we may instinctively hate that song Sax. I never liked the sound of it (unlike you Tango) so I never listened to the lyrics. But now I have...

Lordy. It's creepy. *Shudder*

Also, though I don't like the song AT ALL, I will say that the Royal Blood version is a slight improvement to my ears, and better for Gemma to dance to. But I am damning with almost non-existent praise now...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Don't know where to post this question so, I've plumped for here...

Anyone know where one finds out who did the chorepgraphy for a particular dance?

It is driving me nuts to know if Vincent was invloved in the YASB and Davood AT.  FOr me, it didn't have his signuature on it, and YASB seemed to be taking the credit for it (Matthew Bourn's credit specifically) - but it would not be unknown for someone to take credit for somethng which they had a hand in but didn't wholly do themselves ,or for Vincent to have had a brain storm.  Well, that is unknown, it's never happened to him before - but there could always be a first time...

I've looked on the Strictly website, I've googled it but.... nothing.  Can anyone help?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next