Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brendan as Judge or presenter?

+2
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
6 posters

Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty Brendan as Judge or presenter?

Post  saxonsiren Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Well as Brendan left as a pro dancer the door open for return as a Judge? I'd like his fresh approach and he wouldn't be a yes judge to Shirley or C,raig. His love of the show will help re disappointment of not being dancer. If not a Judge back then I'd equally be happy to see Brendan as presenter. A cheeky yet talented dancer and no falseness at all..... He would calm the celebs and give insight to Judges comments ( well maybe with gritted teeth)

BeeB if you lurk on this site come out of hiding and talk to real fans with honest opinions. Get rid of the God awful musical director and give the pro dancers musical choices....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty Re: B rendan as judge or presenter

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:22 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Get rid of the God awful musical director and give the pro dancers musical choices....

Yes yes yes!!!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty Re: Brendan as Judge or presenter?

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Well rumours are surfacing that Shirley will quit as judge after just one series. Shocked
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty Re: B rendan as judge or presenter

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Well whatever is true - the notion of SCD being 'one big happy family' is certainly being blown apart at the moment!! I remember you put up a thread last year CC, asking 'If SCD was crumbling' (words to that effect). There certainly seems to be a lot of negative stuff flying around, in the wake of the B rendan business. S hirley to me doesn't always display the mettle and broad shoulders that you need to be a judge on what is essentially a reality show but hey ho..............it might all be one big publicity grabber and a way of drumming up publicity in the 'off season'. Bring back Arlene I say...............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Mauve I loved Arlene as judge but BeeB will not bring her back as that would mean admitting they made a mistake sacking her...
A lot of comments flying about round the media. I hope the BeeB wakes up and gets these problems fixed

The Music choices dire,dire and dire

Camera angles we want to see head to toe shots

Less Theme weeks

Less cheesy VT's

Tess stop holding hands with everyone and interupting the judges.

I'd like to see more of

Chloe & Neil

Public % votes shown

ITT post final episode! !!!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty re: B rendan as judge or presenter

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 pm

A big yes to all your suggestions Sax!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Plus - less faffing about and more dancing!!! I don't actually mind the theme weeks but I think they should be balanced with weeks where there should be a technical focus.

I know that DOI hasn't been scintillating this year but I've decided that one thing I do like is the way that they give out the marks first and then do the critique. So many times on SCD the couple get reasonably good feedback which doesn't translate into marks or vice versa and we're left wondering. It would be far better if the marks were given out and then the judges had to justify it - I don't think any entertainment value would be lost and I think that it just flows better on DOI the way that the marks are given out first.

The other thing I have realized through watching DOI is that the judges comments are in the main Very Happy constructive and there just isn't the blatant favouritism that seems to have crept in on SCD - they seem to start off each week with a clean sweep and judge 'as seen'. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Yes Mauve I agree DOI showing scores then comments seems better. . I often think ooh positive comments then see a 5 scratch
I know DOI have tweaked instantly re viewers comments first commentator and now T & D dancing in final. Cannot imagine SCD changing Musical Director after 1 week let alone now after quite a few series of frustration by viewers.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Oh Dear, Brandan, don't mess with the Royals. Really upset the applecart and C.R.H by jumping in to ask Camilla for a bop when C.R.H was lined up for it. The sack follows..... Off with his head....lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 am

The spontaneity you have to admire. What harm did it really do? C,RAIG could still have danced... It's all hot air, handbags at dawn brigade nonsense jocolor jocolor Keep his head swop it for the Musical Director instead flower
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm

So sorry to see B rendan go - I haven't been a huge fan of his and felt he'd "gone off the boil" a little from his hey day with L isa, but actually liked the calmer, more thoughtful B rendan as a partner, in more recent series.
I agree we need to see a balance of ages, amongst professionals as well as celebs, and truly expected A nton to be moving on, if anyone.
When the announcement was made, I assumed it was more a "time to refresh the boys' line up" decision, given we had 3 new women pro dancers this last series. It seemed he wasn't expecting it and neither were we!
p.s. "Hello, to all my old exile friends....so great to see the board is still flourishing and you are all still SCD fanatics" . If I hadn't got an e- mail with the Newsletter attached, I wouldn't have found my way back to the Forum, via a new password link ....so thank you, Creature of beauty and wonderment....I'm still missing Strictly and ITT even though its nearly March. Nice to be back! ☺️

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 pm

bounce cheers bounce

Welcome back Missinglil, so lovely to see you return!!

I agree about Brendan - even though he wasn't one of my favourites, I did feel the BBC were very arrogant and thoughtless about the way he was dropped. For one of the few original pro dancers I thought he should've got fair notice, and also a positive send off while the show was still running.

Anyhow, really delighted to see you back Very Happy  What did you think of the 2017 show? Who was your favourite couple?

We've got a Dancing on Ice thread going further on down the page, if you're watching that?

ps. is there an exiles newsletter? I think I had a different email account when I joined here, no clue what it was though. It's great to have our forum still up and running, even though our n.umbers are a bit diminished.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:21 pm

I've just had an email from strictly exiles never knew one existed! Good to see you back Missinglili Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Brendan as Judge or presenter?  Empty Re: Brendan as judge or presenter

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Yes - a newsletter with links to several of the threads has appeared in my inbox too.
All legit it seems.......................thank you to the clever person that thought of doing this - might drum up some more returnees (like Missing Lilia) and some newbies even Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Thanks, Jingle and Sax!
Good to be back....and soooo impressed you're still on board!
Yes, I really enjoyed this year's (oops, last year's!) Strictly. ...highlights for me...
# T ess & C laud have grown into their Co presenter roles and look so comfortable now
# Quite liked new judge, though she didn't turn out to be the "tough nut" she was trailed as being. But loved her insights and explanation of what steps/techniques involved
# Favourite couple was J oe & K at ya (had him marked out as potential winner early doors, so felt smug!)
# Very impressed with J onny P eacoc k and S usan C alman
# Liked all other contestants - they all seemed to be putting effort in (memories of A nn W iddicombe & S tephanie B each am still annoy me, grrrr..
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Oops, part of my post seems to have gone AWOL...maybe too long???
Anyway, I am watching DOI too, so will hop on to that thread at the weekend after the semi final and hopefully, catch up reading some of the other threads over the week.
So grateful to have got the mysteriously produced Newsletter. ...and to be back in exile!
Til then,enjoy your week and keeeep posting. .With love from (No longer) Missing Lil
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:29 pm

I got the summons too. Good ideaand might get some more old friends back. Welcome back Lilia, glad you found your way home. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Ah, thank you, Tangolero.
Looking forward to indulging in all things Strictly again.
It's seems a long time since I was threatened with being chucked off the official Beeb site for posting rhymes/songs which they feared may breach copyright or something ...only too delighted the resultant Exiles site is still going strong. Older but not necessarily wiser, and definitely still a Strictly fanatic. Looking forward to being in such good company again
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am

Lovely to have another regular back and who knows maybe more? Wonder if Creature of beauty and wonderment did this?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down