Strictly 2018 Rumours

Go down

Strictly 2018 Rumours

Post  CaledonianCraig on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Pretty sure I posted one of these a couple of months ago but it seems to have disappeared .....no matter.

Well we already know that, sadly, B.rendan Cole will not be returning in 2018 and it would seem another couple of lesser known pro dancers are for the chop with replacements already in the pipeline.

As for the celebrity line-up well already a number of interesting celebs being rumoured to take to the dance floor in Strictly this Autumn.

Mark Labbatt better known as 'The Beast' from The Chase is being touted to take part and is keen to be on as well.

Anneka Rice is being touted as being in talks to take part as well as the producers see her as a Debbie Magee-type - in her late 50s but fit and eager.

Holly Willoughby the presenter of This Morning is another being linked to Strictly 2018.

Former Liverpool and England goalkeeper David James is also being talked about as a possible entrant this year.

Also on the football front the Sky pundit Chris Kamara is being linked with the show.

Also linked to the show is Cheryl Cole but she may be tempted by a return to The X Factor instead.

CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Strictly 2018 Rumours

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:27 am

Keeping an eye open generally, C.C. A lot of rumours right now but not much definite.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:14 am

I like the idea of David James, bit 'meh' or 'who?' about the others. Though I've come to learn that it doesn't really matter in the end if the names are unknown to me. Like, last year I'd never heard of Mollie King at the start but she became a firm favourite from early days. Same thing for Kara Tointon too, and Ricky Whittle.

In fact, I'm a bit wary of bigger stars like Cherly Cole (and Alexandra Burke) who come with an entourage and a publicity machine. I'm suspicious of 'leaked' stories about them, it all feels a little manufactured.

Hopefully some names will be confirmed fairly soon. At least we're over the halfway wait till Strictly 2018.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Okay as the new series nears here are some of the names being linked with the new series:-

Coleen Rooney (wife of Wayne) has been linked with the new series for a few months now in different sources.

Richard Hammond the ex-Top Gear presenter.

Jessica Ennis-Hill the Olympic heptathlete.

Diana Vickers a former X Factor contestant and ringer material.

Catherine Tyldesley former Corrie actress.

Les Dennis the comedian and presenter in for dad dancing material I would say.

Shayne Ward another former Corrie actor. Another ringer perhaps as has appeared in West End musicals.

Bonnie Langford of Eastenders fame and earlier famed child actress.

Brendan Sheerin the Coach Trip presenter.

Mark Labbatt aka The Beast from The Chase quiz show. In as the comedy act?

Chris Kamara the Sky football pundit and ex-player.

I have also seen breakfast tv presenters Steph McGovern, Dan Walker and Piers Morgan linked.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:14 am

Can't believe we're into August without a single confirmed name!

I watched Mollie and Matt's showbiz piece on Good Morning Britain yesterday (off topic, but it's fabulous to see Mollie doing so well in her new presenting and DJ roles, she's a natural)

They did mention a few of the same names from your list CC -Catherine Tyldesley and Colleen Rooney. Eamonn Holmes felt Colleen Rooney would be unlikely given their move overseas. The other female suggested was Scarlett Moffat from Gogglebox.

The male possibilities included Les Dennis again, and Piers Morgan - I could imagine Les doing it, not so sure about Piers. I think they also mentioned Joey Essex.

Would love to see an Olympian like Jessica Ennis-Hill do Strictly, or one of the cyclists (imagining Chris Hoy or Bradley Wiggins)
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:10 pm

jingle wrote:Can't believe we're into August without a single confirmed name!

I watched Mollie and Matt's showbiz piece on Good Morning Britain yesterday (off topic, but it's fabulous to see Mollie doing so well in her new presenting and DJ roles, she's a natural)

They did mention a few of the same names from your list CC -Catherine Tyldesley and Colleen Rooney. Eamonn Holmes felt Colleen Rooney would be unlikely given their move overseas.  The other female suggested was Scarlett Moffat from Gogglebox.

The male possibilities included Les Dennis again, and Piers Morgan - I could imagine Les doing it, not so sure about Piers. I think they also mentioned Joey Essex.

Would love to see an Olympian like Jessica Ennis-Hill do Strictly, or one of the cyclists (imagining Chris Hoy or Bradley Wiggins)

I think it is very soon that they begin confirming contestants in the run up to the launch show so that should be starting pretty soon. Normally, we get a confirmation every few days.

Looking back to last year the first contestant was confirmed on the 7th of August.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 pm

Jessica Ennis Hill will either star of fade away I think, a bit like Victoria Pendleton? . Mark Labbat, hmmmm, not a man I like right now but we'll see. Can't imagine much gymnastic cartwheels and things there.Who do you partner with somebody six feet seven and a lot of weight? Bring it on, although I'll be watching for the entertainment from now on.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:11 pm

I have been away for a few days but the first names have now been confirmed. And these are:-

Kate Silverton (BBC Newsreader)

Catherine Tyldesley (ex-Corrie star and our first ringer)

Faye Tozer (Pop star from Steps is a big ringer having appeared in West End dance musicals)

Vicky Hope (DJ)

Ashley Roberts (Pussycat Dolls pop star so another who dance moves will come natural to)

Joe Sugg (vlogger on YouTube seems to be barrel scraping)

More to be announced in the coming days no doubt.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 am

I've only heard of two of those people, so a bit underwhelmed so far. Though it's early days, and I'm hoping for some good sports names.

I liked Ashley Roberts on I'm a Celebrity but it feels like she's been on so many reality shows since then, either as competitor or judge.

Liking the prospect of Kate Silverton, I think she'd be good fun

jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:53 pm

jingle wrote:I've only heard of two of those people, so a bit underwhelmed so far. Though it's early days, and I'm hoping for some good sports names.

I liked Ashley Roberts on I'm a Celebrity but it feels like she's been on so many reality shows since then, either as competitor or judge.

Liking the prospect of Kate Silverton, I think she'd be good fun

I agree with you with regards to Kate Silverton. I could see myself rooting for her.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:21 am

This morning on BBC Breakfast Time another celebrity for this year has been confirmed. It is:-

Katie Piper (TV Presenter)

She joins:-

Kate Silverton (BBC Newsreader)

Catherine Tyldesley (ex-Corrie star and our first ringer)

Faye Tozer (Pop star from Steps is a big ringer having appeared in West End dance musicals)

Vicky Hope (DJ)

Ashley Roberts (Pussycat Dolls pop star so another who dance moves will come natural to)

Joe Sugg (vlogger on YouTube seems to be barrel scraping)
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Okay as the new series nears here are some of the names being linked with the new series:-

Brendan Sheerin the Coach Trip presenter.
Now that I'd pay good money to see!
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down