SCD 2018 Launch Show

Go down

SCD 2018 Launch Show

Post  B4p on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Not really sure when this is yet, but no doubt someone will help fill in the blanks Embarassed
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Launch Show

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Think its being filmed today and possibly 8th it's on tv?
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:28 am

I heard the 8 September but will keep an eye out. I would think the Beeb site would have it up soon although there wasn't much on there the other day
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 pm

The red carpet event is now up on the main Beeb site. Cr aig looks like he's overdosed on botox pale
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:19 am

It's official:

Saturday 8 September, 19.35, BBC 1
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:10 pm

B4p wrote:It's official:

Saturday 8 September, 19.35, BBC 1
cheers  perfect timing! I'm off on my hols now, back on the 7th....just in time!

See you next week guys Very Happy
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:33 am

Enjoy your holiday jingle. I'm away on the 8th but will no doubt catch up sometime Sunday night Suspect
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re SCD Launch Show 2018

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 am

'see' you all after the show tonight...……………….. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 am

Is it just me or looking at previews is that a new theme tune for the show? If so - not pleased.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Okay purely a bit of fun. This is my prediction of who will get paired with who.

Housewives choice Du Beke with Sussanah Constantine

AJ Pritchard with Stacey Dooley

Kevin Clifton with Katie Piper

Janette Manrara with Graeme Swann

Aljaz Skorjanec with Faye Tozer

Giovanni Pernice with Katie Piper

Graziano Di Prima with Vick Hope

Oti Mabuse with Charlie Venn

Karen Clifton with Dr Ranj Singh

Amy Dowden with Joe Sugg

Katya Jones with Lee Ryan

Gorka Marquez with Lauren Steadman

Pasha Kovalev with Ashley Roberts

Dianne Buswell with Danny John-Jules
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Line-Ups:
An enjoyable opening show for Strictly 2018. The line-ups are as follows:-

Aljaz Skorjanec and Kate Silverton

Graziano Di Prima and Vick Hope

An.ton Du Beke and Susannah Constantine

Giovanni Pernice and Faye Tozer

Nadia Bychkova and Lee Ryan

Janette Manrara and Dr Ranj Singh

Amy Dowden and Danny John-Jules

Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg

Gorka Marquez and Katie Piper

A J Pritchard and Lauren Steadman

Kevin Clifton and Stacey Dooley

Pasha Kovalev and Ashley Roberts

Katya Jones and Seann Walsh

Karen Clifton and Charles Venn

Oti Mabuse and Graeme Swann

The couples (at the moment) I'll be rooting for will be Karen Clifton and Charles Venn. He looks like he has a good, expressive personality and natural rhythm. Could go far. Aljaz Skorjanec and Kate Silverton look like they have potential. Kate could be a rough diamond and who better to polish her than Aljaz. Oti Mabuse and Graeme Swann look like they could have real fun together. Not sure how much talent Oti can squeeze from Graeme though. An.ton Du Beke and Susannah Constantine are a couple that may struggle judging by Susannah who seems to lack confidence and belief. Hopefully, An.ton can mould her into a dancer.

Interesting pairings that could have real potential are Graziano Di Prima and Vick Hope who looks like she has good rhythm.Kevin Clifton and Stacey Dooley, A J and Lauren Steadman, Gorka and Katie Piper another who may have confidence issues.

The ringers (surprise surprise) partnerships are a bit meh to me I am afraid.

Here is hoping for a great series.

CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Re SCD Launch Show 2018

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm

You didn't do badly there CC - you got quite a few right Very Happy Very Happy

Highlight of the show for me was the Havana pro group dance - I hope Mr T liked it - I liked the sample of Santana's Oye Como Va that kept running through it...…...clever

Will post a bit later - just watching Last Night of the Proms cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD Launch Show 2018

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Enjoyable show - First impressions was that on the whole the contestants seem a likeable and ‘grateful for the chance’ crowd.  I learned a lot about most of them that I didn’t know before and by and large I thought the pairings were good and should be interesting.

Highlight of the show was the Havana pro group dance the standout thing of the night for me – now lets have some proper latin music in the contest please!!     Liked the way they sampled Oye Como Va throughout as well.    Enjoyed Niles Rogers too.

I thought Tess and C laude looked lovely – C laude looked so chic – possibly the best I have ever seen her.

So who stood out for me (for the right or wrong reasons)along with a few random thoughts……

Vick Hope and Graziano – fireworks?? Vick seems to be able to move well and they looked very glamorous together – but I felt I detected the potential for a feisty time with this pairing - edgy.

Faye Tozer – seems nice (anyone who can play the spoons is ok by me) but when I caught a glimpse of her at the end of the group dance with Neil I suddenly thought……what a good pairing that would have been!!!

Kate and Alijaz – one of the pairings of the night for me – and hopefully will be a good one!

Susannah and Housewives choice – predictable

Danny John Jules and Amy – I think he’s going to be a handful!!  But hopefully in a nice way. Wonder if Amy will be doing a Brian Conley on him with the shouting!!!

Boy Band Lee Ryan and Nadia – yuk
Jo Sugg and Diane – yuk – at least his suit matched her hair – pity they don’t have a more youthful partner for him.

Approve of Katya and Oti’s pairings – they are both lucky boys.  I think Katya and Oti are now my favourite female pros.

Charles whatisname from Casualty was just a bit too over confident for me – didn’t really take to him.

Katie Piper – all round nice girl

Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton – she just reminds me of a skinnier version of Louise Redknapp – déjà vu - yawn.

So I suppose they think they have given P asha the prize by pairing him with Ashley Roberts – but I’m just not sure that GBP will take to her.  We’ll see…………………..

The group dance at the end seemed like ringer central in one way -  but I felt that a lot of them this year have good potential so let’s hope for a good contest.
Can’t wait for it to start now………………………….. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:28 am

Only just caught the news, so sorry if I'm a bt slow

Ashley Roberts & Pasha Kovalev
Faye Tozer & Giovanni Pernice
Kate Silverton & Aljaž Skorjanec
Katie Piper & Gorka Marquez
Lauren Steadman & AJ Pritchard
Stacey Dooley & Kevin Clifton
Susannah Constantine & An ton Du Beke
Vick Hope & Graziano Di Prima

Charles Venn & Karen Clifton
Danny John-Jules & Amy Dowden
Dr Ranj Singh & Janette Manrara
Graeme Swann & Oti Mabuse
Joe Sugg & Dianne Buswell
Lee Ryan & Nadiya Bychkova
Seann Walsh & Katya Jones
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 am

I haven't seen the show yet but will indulge a bit later and give my thoughts. I watched one of the clips on the Beeb site (what the celebs thought the dances involved) and one of the females was making my fillings ache Mad
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Confessing I didn't bother watching the re run of Strictly times past etc. I settled for watching the old D.V.D of "Take The Lead" with Antonio Banderas and Katya Virshilas instead. They do a mean tango in that.. Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:38 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Confessing I didn't bother watching the re run of Strictly times past etc. I settled for watching the old D.V.D of "Take The Lead" with Antonio Banderas and Katya Virshilas instead. They do a mean tango in that.. Very Happy

I think it's worth watching Tango, if only for Jeremy Vine's hilarious anecdote about his first tanning session.  I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane, especially seeing short clips of B.ruce again. The Mark Ramprakash microphone incident showed him improvising at his best....such a contrast to reading unfunny jokes from the autocue.  
I liked that the c.elebs were interviewed in groups, there was a good dynamic. Chris Hollins in particular was very open and entertaining about his victory.
The show also made be very thankful that we don't appear to have a comedy contestant for 2018. The clips of Russel Grant, Ann Widdicombe, John Sergeant, Nancy del O'lio etc reminded me just how annoying I found them first time round.

At the end of the show there's a brief taster of the class of 2018 and their rehearsals....can't wait till first live show now!
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:29 pm

jingle wrote:

The show also made be very thankful that we don't appear to have a comedy contestant for 2018. The clips of Russel Grant, Ann Widdicombe, John Sergeant, Nancy del O'lio etc reminded me just how annoying I found them first time round.

The very reason I gave it a miss Jingle. I like entertainment as much as the next person, but primarily I want the time to be spent dancing and neither posing, being fired from cannons, glimpsing your grandma's bloomers or dragging a coal sack across the floor. I'm a sad case I know, but it's a dance show and enough time is wasted on video clips of down on the farm or "here's
me in my Kiss me quick hat taking a selfie!". Music and dance are where I've been most of my life; can't change now even for the brave new world folks...

Thus endeth the Sunday sermon. Go in peace.... lol!
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and reality. Lost in Austen

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey Jingle -  Very Happy   What did you think of the launch show?

Not many of the gang seem to have commented on here? Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm

jingle wrote:

I think it's worth watching Tango, if only for Jeremy Vine's hilarious anecdote about his first tanning session.  I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane, especially seeing short clips of B.ruce again. The Mark Ramprakash microphone incident showed him improvising at his best....such a contrast to reading unfunny jokes from the autocue.  
I liked that the c.elebs were interviewed in groups, there was a good dynamic. Chris Hollins in particular was very open and entertaining about his victory.

At the end of the show there's a brief taster of the class of 2018 and their rehearsals....can't wait till first live show now!

That is pretty much how I saw the show as well. Very funny seeing dear old You can call me Sir from now on clown around with the sound girl who came on to sort out the microphone issue and You can call me Sir from now on's reaction to Harry's bandmates invading the dancefloor to congratulate him and Brucie chasing them off. Great. And it was good seeing some of the old contestants back together talking about their experiences.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm

I haven't got around to watching the show with the old SCD clips - I hope it's on the iplayer, I actually forgot to watch it which is ironic because I have always thought that they should do more compilation shows like this - after 15 years there are now so many golden moments and it would be great to see some of the iconic dances again from each series - so I must try and see whether the show is still available. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:03 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Hey Jingle -  Very Happy   What did you think of the launch show?

Not many of the gang seem to have commented on here? Question

Hi Mauve
I really enjoyed the launch. Thought the pro dances were great, if a little frantic - in hindsight a ballroom n.umber would've been nice to calm things down.

In terms of the c.elebs introductory VTs, what struck me was that I liked all of them - even ringer Ashley (who I admit I wasn't expecting to like).  There didn't seem to be any marmite characters or obvious comedy clowns, which is good. The only duffer I spotted in the final group dance was Susannah, who seemed to lose her timing a lot.  The guy Charles from Holby looked surprisingly good, and I think Vick, Ashley and Faye all looked pretty good too.  

Getting really impatient for the proper show now!  And hopefully the rest of the gang will reappear this weekend
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Well jingle there should be no surprise about Ashley and Faye looking so good. Both highly trained dancers one of which has even been a judge on another dance show. Both have appeared in West End dance-based musicals.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down