SCD 2018 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 pm

I was hoping they'd ditch Musicals week this year. It's been done to death, let it rest in peace. Mad
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 pm

The music choices sound like a lot of 'B' sides to me!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I agree, either bin this theme night (there are plenty of other ones they could do) or at least make it full of classics - the choice is after all endless, as D+P has pointed out.  

The thing that makes me uneasy about theme nights is the way that the dance has to fit the song rather than the other way round - square pegs in round holes.  I'm not saying that they always get it wrong -  but honestly, a Charleston to the 'Lonely Goat Herd' -  I'm sure it will come complete with Tyrolean Lederhosen a dose of the polka and a big dose of confusion!!!!      Haven't they used the Les Mis one before?   I remember Helen George dancing to a Les Mis song - perhaps it was a different track than this. It all seems a bit serious for an American Smooth - why would you choose a song like this when the American Smooth as a dance epitomises the glamour and smoothness of Hollywood or Broadway if you prefer - such a choice of suitable tracks just made for this kind of night - but what do they do - choose a track from Les Mis  lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm with D&P re musicals. What's wrong with "Some Enchanted Evening" (Incidentally, one of my very favourite songs)
for a rumba, or even "When it's Summertime in Heidelburg"? ( What could be done to Gaudeamus Igitur? ) and if West Side story is in there, where's "America" for a Samba or Salsa. Musicals equal so may great songs and tunes (and sadly, as D&P says, mainly pre 1960),What's wrong with "People will say we're in Love" from Oklahoma"? sheesh, even Barry Manilo (who I heartlily dislike) did Copacabana which has rhythm. "Surrey with the fringe on top" would American smooth or quickstep and Doris Day's "Quizas" never fails to score. Brigadoon is rich in variety and ......etc,etc,

Just as an aside, if we can't be traditional, how about the theme from Guns of Navarone for a paso? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewi1LRld5_k

Or this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG8uOeydJxc
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Let's all meet up on the 'musical directors thread for a little diversion..........
B4p

Back to top Go down

Week 12 - 2 Dance Week

Post  B4p on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:26 am

Week 12

Dances left to do (I think)

Lauren - Samba, Rumba, Foxtrot,

Faye - Salsa, Samba, A. Smooth, A.Tango, (not sure which of these she's done)

Joe - Tango, Rumba, A.Tango,

Stacey -  Rumba, A.Tango, Charleston.

Ashley -  Waltz, A.Smooth, A.Tango.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:13 am

Well, they don't do a new dance in the final (except the show dance) so that means there is only next week to worry about.

If AJ has any sense they will do the Foxtrot.
Joe is rubbish is Latin, so safest to do the A Tango so that he can mainly support Dianne doing most of the leg work ( Wink )
Stacey also weak on Latin but great on character dances so Charleston is the right choice for her and she will storm it
Ashley is an all-rounder and will do any of those dances justice and I will enjoy watching them (even if I won't vote for her)
Faye also needs to keep clear of the Latin (Did she not do a couple of Salsamchas already - so only one left to do, no?) - she would do a beautiful AS, but if she has already done that, then she should go for the AT
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:01 am

Did someone say it's two dances in the semi? If so Lauren is in deep water with foxtrot and a plus 1. If it's just one then she might be ok assuming that AJ can choose foxtrot- do you think the pros can choose now?
Interesting that the big guns have all got AT- crowd pleasers/ vote bait. If it's one dance then surely they won't all be allowed to do AT will they, that would not be good telly from a producer's point of view, although I would love it personally.
Joe's  group of three is interesting- if they are doing two I'm assuming he won't be allowed to do AT and tango, so that means he can't duck a rumba pale
If Stacey does two, if it's AT and Charleston that's practically a bye into the final. 
Ashley as you say will do fab whatever she gets but won't get the votes.

Looking forwatd to this ...
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Any indications of what music I can find fault with this week? Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Week 12 dances

Post  Poppetlovestango on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi B4P
They have four dances (two Latin and two Ballroom) left to choose from, your listed three plus these
Faye  you actually named all four so  add to
Lauren             Tango
Joe                 Viennese Waltz
Stacey             Viennese Waltz
Ashley             Paso

It should be a careful considered choice to show off the celeb but its the BBC so it will probably be car crash time.
Razz Wink
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Week 12 dances

Post  Poppetlovestango on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:25 pm

on reflection
my choice of dances  out of those remaining are
Faye             Salsa  AS
Joe               Rumba Tango
Stacey          Charleston  VW
Ashley          Waltz  Paso
Lauren          Foxtrot  Samba

no doubling up but what do I know!!

and for Ashley to dance FIRST  lol!
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:00 pm

No please no rumba for Joe ! We had double AS this week so we could have two VW
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 pm

I think this is one of those scenarios where they won't get much of a  free choice as to what dances they do as the production team will want a 'balanced show'  (and a chance for any manipulation that might be on the cards Twisted Evil ).    I hope they don't take the chance to manipulate it so that Joe doesn't get to  do a rumba - I just want to see B runo not be able to give him a '10'.  Personally I am hoping for an Argentine Tango or two as we haven't seen many this season - I also hope that where possible they have to do a ballroom and Latin  (or a 'serious' one and a 'character' one). I don't think Faye's latin is quite as good as her ballroom but she has obviously got the support of GBP and there's no reason to think she won't get high marks.  As you have all said - Ashley may need the judges again - but who knows??  Anything could happen - it's been that sort of year!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: the production team will want a 'balanced show'  

Not possible when they select ringers for the show.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:  I hope they don't take the chance to manipulate it so that Joe doesn't get to  do a rumba - I just want to see B runo not be able to give him a '10'.  

You've got them sussed Mauve....just seen on the BBC site that Joe will be doing an argentine tango and a vienesse waltz!
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Mambo, mambo, we want mambo..... bounce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5pHQjgXoPw

Hear Billy, Regis's trumpet "scream" the last line .....magic..

then let it run on for Peanut Vendor....... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8S35k-SJs
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:29 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Did someone say it's two dances in the semi? If so Lauren is in deep water with foxtrot and a plus 1. If it's just one then she might be ok assuming that AJ can choose foxtrot- do you think the pros can choose now?
Interesting that the big guns have all got AT- crowd pleasers/ vote bait. If it's one dance then surely they won't all be allowed to do AT will they, that would not be good telly from a producer's point of view, although I would love it personally.
Joe's  group of three is interesting- if they are doing two I'm assuming he won't be allowed to do AT and tango, so that means he can't duck a rumba pale
If Stacey does two, if it's AT and Charleston that's practically a bye into the final. 
Ashley as you say will do fab whatever she gets but won't get the votes.

Looking forwatd to this ...

Oh lordy - you're right, it's two dances affraid Which, as you say Alls, means Lauren is in big doo doo. And you have got it on the money with all the others too.

Of all of them, I would prefer not to have Stacey go through (smoke and mirrors by Kevin - she's not as good as it at first appears; and she's getting increasingly annyoying - the head-grabbing of Claud and then An Oscar-worthy monologue after the scores REALLY got on my wick). But given that dance combo she is SO going through.

Bums. No
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Dances this week

FYI Off the Beeb site...I'll let B4 do all the proper stuff! LaughingLaughing
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Oh. Lauren has the Samba. Crying or Very sad
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Oh.  Lauren has the Samba. Crying or Very sad
And tango to Nutbush isn't doing her any favours either..they're trying very hard to get their preferred final 4. Only the public can rain on their parade ....
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:15 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
And tango to Nutbush isn't doing her any favours either..they're trying very hard to get their preferred final 4. Only the public can rain on their parade ....

Not the foxtrot? I would genuinely have loved to have seen Lauren's foxtrot- not because it might have saved her but because I really think I would have loved watching her do it. I love the Foxtrot and I think she owuld have done it justice. Feel robbed No
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Week 12 Music & Dance Choices

Post  B4p on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Semi-Finals

Ashley and Pasha
Paso Doble to 'Spectrum (Say My Name)' Florence + The Machine
https://youtu.be/iC-_lVzdiFE

American Smooth to 'Ain’t That a Kick In The Head' by Dean Martin
https://youtu.be/Xb4P-MZMzJs

Stacey and Kevin
Charleston to 'Five Foot Two Eyes Of Blue' by Spike Jones
https://youtu.be/JfViTQz0IW4

Viennese Waltz to 'You’re My World' by Cilla Black
https://youtu.be/e7-QBw862zk

Lauren and AJ
Tango to 'Nutbush City' by Limits Tina Turner
https://youtu.be/DbivX78Degg

Samba to 'Rock The Boat' by The Hues Corporation
https://youtu.be/h2r59-Xmge4

Joe and Dianne
Argentine Tango to 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
https://youtu.be/RrxePKps87k

Viennese Waltz to 'This Year’s Love' by David Gray
https://youtu.be/6zN4_7hq77g

Faye and Giovanni
Samba to 'I Go To Rio' by Pablo Cruise
https://youtu.be/cQS4OE_YoS4

Argentine Tango to 'La Cumparsita' by Machiko Ozawa
https://youtu.be/qS1mE6Frzno
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Well, lots of music tracks I like this week. Whether they'll all suit the dance, I'll wait and see, but an interesting mix.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:34 pm

cheers Thanks B4!
I reckon Kev and Stace have totally lucked out there. 
Some very good choices and some I'm not so sure about...
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Which music and dance choices this week?

Post  mauveangel09 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Yes I agree - Lauren has been stitched up like a kipper! However, as a track I really love 'Rock the Boat' I remember dancing to it at School discos and it's one of those 'feel good' songs for me. Also agree that Stacey and K evin have the best in terms of crowd pleasing music along with their dance selection. Likewise - Ashley and P asha will smash it with their dance combination - whether they are in the DO or not. Not sure about their Paso music but I'm very interested to see what they can do with the dance.

I don't think Joe has particularly lucked out with the music - their Argentine Tango track seems somewhat 'jarring' and personally I think it is a big mistake to have them doing an Argentine Tango up against Faye and Giovanni who easily have a classic track for an AT - Gio will be looking to equal what he did with Debbeh last year (so I hope he doesn't push Faye too much) but I'm sure they'll do something sensational.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm

An Argentine Tango to 'La Cumparsita' ? What nonsense is this? You can't use genuine traditional tango music for a tango, outrageous. Sack the musical director at once.... lol!

Faye and Gioivanni should comfortably book their passage with their allowance, so (in effect) should Ashley and Pasha and Stacy and Kevin from Grimsby. But.....then again, there are only five in there, and one must catch the last train to San Fernando. Interesting to say the least. The show should be good, the result might not be quite so......we shall see...... Shocked
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next