SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:26 am

As we have all said on here, yesterday's news is this week's chip paper, and I'm guessing the producers will wait till the last possible moment to see how the land lies. They certainly aren't the first and won't be the last to fall foul of the "strictly curse". If either "news" - I use the term loosely- had been reported in isolation I don't think there would have been such a furore, but it's a perfect media storm that the "kiss" ( FFS just a drunken snog) and him being called out as a rather nasty person ( according to the woman scorned) -have been linked together. How many others are thinking there but for the grace of God....?

allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:As we have all said on here, yesterday's news is this week's chip paper, and I'm guessing the producers will wait till the last possible moment to see how the land lies. They certainly aren't the first and won't be the last to fall foul of the "strictly curse". If either "news" - I use the term loosely- had been reported in isolation I don't think there would have been such a furore, but it's a perfect media storm that the "kiss" ( FFS just a drunken snog) and him being called out as a  rather nasty person ( according to the woman scorned) -have been linked together. How many others are thinking there but for the grace of God....?

Absolutely. The amount of press/TV coverage and trial by social media just beggars belief - it's scary to see how a minor incident can get blown out of all proportion. Personally I feel very little interest in the situation, it's none of my business....on the other hand looking ahead to next Saturdays show, I am quite curious to see how the BBC script their VT for 'the week in training'.  And whether they'll appear on ITT this week (which I hope they do).  And I really hope that, long term, this won't affect Katya's role in the show.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:29 pm

jingle wrote:The amount of press/TV coverage and trial by social media just beggars belief - it's scary to see how a minor incident can get blown out of all proportion. Personally I feel very little interest in the situation, it's none of my business....  And I really hope that, long term, this won't affect Katya's role in the show.
I feel the same way jingle. Interestingly, Kristina has been supporting Katya on Twitter. The Clifton's were in a worse position last year with the third man regularly spotted by the paps at all hours. It actually made me feel quite sorry for cheesy Kevin, but they did a tour together this summer, and are back again as a Strictly team. I wonder what would happen if one half a couple was offerred a contract, but not the other. I'm remembering Matthew & Nicole Cutler, and the plaintiff cry's of 'where's Nicole?'. Now she was a great jive queen. Which reminds me, Ian & Vincent are doing a dance show together next spring which should be good.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm just bored of "snoggate" & just scroll past the vicious comments on other groups re FB and Twitter now... Sean and Katya  had a fantastic dance and I'm going to focus on this.... Probably a line view but it's yesterday's news and next weeks landfill rubbish x
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Just feel the need to have my say about the Curse of Strictly storm and then I'll shut up and say no more about...

1. Although I agree that ultimately it is just between the four people involved,there is a level of unprofessionalism being exhibited here (and by previous Curse befallers).  Katya is a professional dancer doing a job of teaching her s.leb and Seann has accepted payment to learn from said teacher to provide Saturday night entertainment for the masses.  Not comenting on the morality or otherwise, just the unprofessionalism. A.rtem was very careful not to go for it with Kara until the final week - I don;t think he has much of a conscience, but he is pretty professional.

2. Having seen some of the footage it appears to have been taken in broad daylight in a street with people passing by (the secret video-er was the one in the alley...). So are they stupid as well as unprofessional? In all honesty, when I saw it I thought it looked like a joke set-up and that they were play-acting for the camera. I was shocked when they came out with their statements, confirming it is true...

That's it folks. On with the show...
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tangos Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 pm

One of the reasons I don't do social media is because of all those people out there who seem to have nothing better to do than judge and pontificate on other people's lives. I was a bit surprised at the decision to let them carry on though - I thought the producers might 'rip off the plaster' and let them go on the basis that it is still early enough in the contest that it will be forgotten by Blackpool and Katya would have been 'benched' for the rest of the season. I think Allse is on the money with thinking that the producers firstly were caught unawares but are now hedging their bets a bit here for the publicity and to see if the tide turns and the backlash dies down - who knows? I did find the interview on ITT tonight a bit squirmy but fair play to them for coming on and tackling it head on. If they can get through this weekend without being voted into the DO then it might blow over but if they are in the DO then it will be even more squirmy all round...…..

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:57 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I did find the interview on ITT tonight a bit squirmy but fair play to them for coming on and tackling it head on. If they can get through this weekend without being voted into the DO then it might blow over but if they are in the DO then it will be even more squirmy all round...…..    

I don't know who was squirming in their seat more...me or them. It was excruciating. Hopefully we can all move on and just be thankful it's not a rhumba Wink  (is it true that it was changed?)
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Have to agree with D&P as I too was convinced it was a set up at first. I even said to my wife that if there was any indiscretion going on they'd hardly be likely to publicise it, or else appear very dense as nobody could be that thick..... Obviously, I was wrong. The truth of it is that no-good-boyo's behaviour at home has been the real focus for mass publicity and Twitterati frenzy, another fact hard to swallow after watching his partner cheering him on so ardently in public. All very odd over something that would hardly be noticed anywhere but in the red-top gossip sheets. Normally, at home the'd both have got a tongue-lashing at best for being idiots; a snog in the town centre is hardly fodder for Chapter 97 in the Perfumed Garden. The media will keep it going and if there's nothing to report they'll probably make something up. The price of fame....

"Deep in his soul so carefully hidden, there longed a desire to be indiscreet; For Hadji has known where love is forbidden, love is so sweet, love is so sweet!"......I wonder who remembers that one....? lol!
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:15 am

TANGOLERO wrote: Normally, at home the'd both have got a tongue-lashing at best for being  idiots; a snog in the town centre is hardly fodder for Chapter 97 in the Perfumed Garden. [....]
"Deep in his soul so carefully hidden, there longed a desire to be indiscreet; For Hadji has known where love is forbidden, love is so sweet, love is so sweet!"......I wonder who remembers that one....? lol!

I love both the mention of the Perfumed Garden - that really is a blast from the past. Very funny. As to the quote - I had to look it up, now I have to see if I can find it on YouTube to listen to it.
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 am

Twirlie wrote:

I love both the mention of the Perfumed Garden - that really is a blast from the past. Very funny. As to the quote - I had to look it up, now I have to see if I can find it on YouTube to listen to it.

Try Nat King Cole Twirlie.. Wink
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:28 am

Got it Tangolero. Weird song!
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I did find the interview on ITT tonight a bit squirmy but fair play to them for coming on and tackling it head on.
Squirmy's the word all right, but I did feel very sorry for them. It was an idiotic thing to do but no matter how angry or hurt their partners might be, the interview was truly humiliating for them. Mrs Twirlie is rather outraged at Rebecca for making her anger so public rather than venting with her girlfriends etc. I'm sure the way he treated her was perhaps not wonderful but certainly not as bad as she's said. Of course we don't know the dynamic she contributed to the relationship. She might have been very high maintenance, maybe not. Who knows. She's not going to say and probably wouldn't see herself in any way to blame even if she were. Seann can't answer back in similar terms as it would just make him seem as a complete B*****. The best he can do is what he did on ITT and say that as far as the statement she put out is concerned, his close friends know that is not him.

It needs to be put to rest now and let them practice on their Charleston.
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Twirlie wrote:Got it Tangolero. Weird song!

It was actually from a movie, "The adventures of Hadji Baba starring John Derek, so related to that. I always liked it actually.... Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:47 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

It was actually from a movie, "The adventures of Hadji Baba starring John Derek, so related to that. I always liked it actually.... Very Happy
Was that Bo Derek's husband?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:53 am

B4p wrote:
Was that Bo Derek's husband?

Indeed it was B4p. He was to women back then what Bo was to men....(Does 10 and Ravel's Bolero ring bells?) Very Happy
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 am

A lot depends on popularity with the public with regards to traversing through the dangerous first few weeks. Seann was a blank canvas for me and he won me over with his attitude and the way he applies himself to the task of learning to dance. However, I have no doubt some will vote elsewhere now with the whole 'snog-gate' affair and the bad press he has got from it. That being the case it will make him vulnerable should he have a dance like he did a couple of weeks ago. It is imperative he now keeps his head down and nails down a string of good dances or else Strictly could be over for him before Blackpool.
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 am

Week 4. Is this the Judges 'get tough' week? It's usually around this or next week where they start to get very picky before the next theme free-for-all
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 pm

My money's on the G.B.P screwing the expectations and not only saving Seann, but making him a hero. I've half a mind to back him to win it; good dancer and potential Love Island ( and all that wallop) candidate, he's a media dream. lol!
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 pm

ITT was odd in Friday panel especially as Marion had weighed in earlier in the week. S &K didn’t look brilliant but I hope they can pull it off.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:12 pm

I think it might be Charles v Dr Ranj in the DO. I haven’t warmed to Stacey but apparently she is very popular. Vick and Lauren haven’t had a break out performance for me. Also worried about Katie jiving. It didn’t look good but don’t want to lose Gorka just yet.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Hurray got 2 lines
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Moova 12 wrote:I think it might be Charles v Dr Ranj in the DO. I haven’t warmed to Stacey but apparently she is very popular. Vick and Lauren haven’t had a break out performance for me. Also worried about Katie jiving. It didn’t look good but don’t want to lose Gorka just yet.

Also Dr Ranj has the Paso Doble - not a dance that will suit him at all with a backside that sticks out and his campness will have to be masked in this dance. It will also be interesting to see how Kate S copes with the Samba.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 pm

I agree CC. Dr Ranj is going to have to prove he can do moody rather than relentlessly happy! Also hoping wardrobe give Joe some proper Latin trousers not drain pipes because I get fixated on his twig like limbs. He is slender and young but wardrobe have made him look a bit like a teenager. I would love to see him in tails for a ballroom.
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:25 pm

So....

I'll get into opinions tomorrow, but the stand-out points of note tonight just went to show how Strictly has changed: I need to reflect on a few things, like why was Karen dressed like Billie Jean King , and why a laundromat as a setting for a South American salsa? Why do jives always have to be danced by Happy Days lookalikes wearing co-ed fancy dress and was Graziano's pink suit not the most horrible male outfit ever seen? Why did four professional judges get all enthusiastic about Dr Ranj's Paso Doble? He spent most of it glaring angrily into space, threshing his arms about and never once looking at his " dance" partner and acting as if she'd just burned his tea and they weren't speaking. Check it out. It was not the same Paso I was watching that they all cooed about. His actions all looked so posed and jerky. Compared to Seann's Paso last week, this was Miss Mitzy's first lesson night.....

Hey, I'd better think about bed. I shall return on the morrow.... affraid
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:08 am

Okay here are my thoughts on last night's show and dances:-

Joe and Dianne's Cha Cha started with a fair bit of faffing before they actually hit the floor. However, I liked his rhythm and timing. Not bad. 6

Vick and Graziano's  Quickstep was a bright and light routine. I just felt she got a little unbalanced in the front-on kicks section. That aside it was good and her best dance to date. 6.5

Danny and Amy's Waltz seemed a bit hurried to me. A s always he danced it fairly well but the tempo was distracting for me. 6

Faye and Giovanni's Rumba was a bit too placed for me and non-expressive from her. Shaping etc was fine but it left me cold. 7

Katie and Gorka's Jive was a bit laboured with no real fast kicks and seemed to lack content. 5.5

Charles and Karen's Salsa showed what I suspected that he is more comfortable with Latin dances. Had great hips and fluidity but there were the odd errors in there too. 6.5

Lauren and AJ's Quickstep was one Lauren danced expressively and looked more relaxed There were errors but I think this was her best dance to date. 6.5

Dr Ranj and Janette's Paso Doble was better than thought it would be but lost his posture at times, had some camp arm movement and lacked attack in places. 6

Kate and Alijaz's Samba was a ungainly out of hold from Kate and lacked fluidity. Not her best and definitely her worst so far. 5.5

Graeme and Oti's Jive got off to n odd start with the spacesuits and a few seconds before they were whipped off. Didn't like that. But once underway it was very good though reverted to dad dancing once or twice. Enjoyable though. 6.5

Ashley and Pasha's Tango was another polished display by the two dance pros. Meh. 8

Seann and Katya's Charleston was a messy effort from me. Seann was ungainly in the kicks and a messy end with a left that went wrong. I like Seann but this was grossly over-marked by the judges. 6

Stacey and Kevin's Foxtrot was a dance I really enjoyed. She moved very well and has great musicality. My dance of the night. 8

It was a bit of a step down from last week with a lot of the dances taking the middle ground where they weren't bad but they weren't spectacular either. The weakest dances for me came from Katie P and Kate. Who will be in the dance-off? Who knows?
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next