SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Having recovered from a bad day yesterday (not made any better by my team losing in the 3rd minute of extra time Evil or Very Mad ) A few late thoughts:

Stacey and Kevin,Charlston. The Sherlock Holmes of fault-finding will always produce one. Thus his 9 against three 10's. For me, a fast, furious but perfectly synchd text-book Charlston, high on content, even higher on sheer energy and skill. A well-deserved 39.
Stacey and Kev,Vienese Watlz. Pure tie and tails ballroom delight for me. Sherlock didn't agree and gave an 8 for reasons only he knows. Shirley is the ballroom nit-picker and she gave it a 10. (36)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe and Diane..Vienese. Stiffness and Usain Bolt/Michael Flatley arms cost him marks in an otherwise decent dance. Nothing more. (29)
Joe and Diane..Argentine Tango. Like the bull in Paso, Tommy Shelby (a Birmingham gangster, sort of English Mack the Knife to Nick Cave's Red Right Hand music) is all about menace, Argentine Tango, not so (think V incent and F lavia) . Joe was neither here and stamped too much in an effort to provide not-needed macho( Again, think V incent). Sherlock again  silly at 6, the rest pretty much reasonable. (30) Some blame must go to the music choice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashley and Pasha. Paso. Intense and moody (I know blonde women dance paso as well as anyone else, but here, stereotype theatre was involved so Ashleys peroxide do didn't really work for me).The dance was high quality as expected but 4 x9's was fair. (36)
Ash and Pash.American Smooth. Sheer elegancia. Call it what you will, it doesn't get much better than that. Sherlock agreed. cheers (40)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren and A.J. Decent effort to cxxp music but not semi final good enough. (31)
Lauren and A.J. Samba...a poor samba to make up voters minds as to status. Lauren's been brilliant and achieved wonders to reach the last five, but is this her swan song? (23)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faye and Giovanni. Samba as it should be done. Brilliant footwork as ever and great to watch. (37)
Faye and Gio. Argentine Tango. Authentic music (you don't get much more authentic than La Cumparsite.
La Cumparsita, Neata feeta.....a lovely performance. Sherlock found a fault.I didn't. Maybe I'm easily pleased. Brilliant.
(39)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: These, as ever, are just personal views. I enjoyed the night but just wish they'd put an ex-dancer as musical director who saw round holes and square pegs as individual (and authentic of course). That's it. bom
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Well we have our finalists. I’m quite happy with the group. I almost felt sorry for Ashley. Three weeks in a row in the Dance Off is not nice, but she was always going to win through. She got the highest marks of the night for a single dance. No one, not even Faye ,was going to beat that. I’m sure that’s why Faye was so emotional at the end. It’s the first time she’s been threatened with the Dance Off. They must all know that over the weeks Lauren and Joe have had a huge popular vote, keeping them out of the Dance Off. I bet she thought that the same would happen… she’d be in the dance off… and this week, as Ashley had the better dance, she’d go out.  The relief to know she’d gone through instead must have been immense.  

I’ve loved Lauren’s j/ourney, She’s what Strictly is all about. A complete beginner to semi-finalist and an absolutely lovely person to boot.

So who’ll win? I’m not sure. I doubt very much that it’ll be Ashley because of her lack of popularity, and I don’t think, for all his supposed online support that it’ll be Joe. I think that it’ll be Faye or Stacey, but which, I have no idea. I wonder what they’ll all be dancing.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I’ve loved Lauren’s j/ourney, She’s what Strictly is all about. A complete beginner to semi-finalist and an absolutely lovely person to boot.

I'll second that.  And true to the end, she was lovely and gracious in defeat.

The prospect of the final has suddenly become a lot less interesting for me (the sense of deja vu from last year is uncanny!).  I guess one consolation is Lauren will get a proper send-off on ITT, which is something the finalists miss out on.

As to the final, I'm still putting all my pretend money on Joe. I'm convinced he's topped the polls every single week.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 pm

I am in a toweringly high dudgeon. The grumpy step is no longer enough for me. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

We all predicted these finalist WEEEEEEEEEKS ago. There's no fun if there isn't a level of suspense.

"The prospect of the final has suddenly become a lot less interesting for me (the sense of deja vu from last year is uncanny!). I guess one consolation is Lauren will get a proper send-off on ITT, which is something the finalists miss out on."

I am with you all the way Twirlie.

I am so uninvested in the final four. I honestly don't want any of them to win. Joe isn't good enough, Stacey barely better and screechingly annoying and invasive of Claud's personal space and she is with the big bouncing head that is Kevin, Faye is good but scared of Gio and it shows in her dancing, and Ashley and Pasha are nice together and she is vey good but she is a bit too good, so....

I would have liked the fnals to have consisted of Kate, Graeme, Lauren and... I dunno maybe Lee. I think he went way to soon. Except... Nadyia.

I'm not sure I will bother next year :-(

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Ah well, I'll be the excommunicated eternal dance lover and say I'm looking forward to the final (although I'll sure miss the weekly infusion of it all and the great fun on here. ) and have no issues except maybe with Joe who I feel Lauren should have replaced. In case you think I'm biased against Joe, I'm not. I just think he'd reached his limits as much as Lauren. He's probably a very nice bloke in reality . To learn and perform two difficult dances in a week is no small achievement and he did them well enough. Pre the last couple of weeks his standard would have done, but, it's semi-final week and if you're not performing top notch by now, your ticket ain't going in the hat. I'm sure both Joe and Lauren will have great fun and benefit from the tour. (and probably see some financial benefit too) Good luck to both.

As for the rest, well, (in direct opposition to my wife who decidedly wants Stacy to win) I'll stick with backing Ashley. How lousy to have three dance-offs in a row because you're not popular with the public because you're talented? She held it all in exceedingly well, but it was obvious she was affected doing the double yet again just as much as Stacey was at getting through without it.

So, against the grain maybe, but it's Ashley for me. l..I'll probably never meet her, even see her, so nothing personal, but her dancing and sunshine personality has been a real pleasure to watch each week, so Go Ashley, you go girl cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's ' A little bit of Honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 pm

I would agree with  Jingle about Joe being earmarked for the final from week one with the potential amount of votes he has been getting. I was unhappy that he went straight through tonight - If his dances had been really good then I would have no argument with it but they weren't - when I think of the quality of his dancing and the marks, I didn't think either of his two dances were up to semi-final standard.  I thought that Lauren danced better on the second time and if she had been up against Joe in the DO -then I think I would have put her through based on that.

I just fear that his win is pre-ordained somehow - I think the BBC have a lot to answer for this year in the way that the series was cast.  Asking a  You Tuber  onto the show with a massive following was only going to end one way and couple that with having not only one ringer but two in the contest...……………..

On the other hand I think Lauren had reached her ceiling as this week's dances showed and I thought her exit was lovely - a lovely lady and a great contestant who had come along way.

I have no argument with the other finalists - Stacey deserves to be there as do both Faye and Ashley. Ashley's situation reminds me very much of Nathalie Gumede a few years back (in the more early days of 'ringers') who danced with A rtem. I think she was in the DO about 3 times even though she topped the leaderboard each week and she got to the Finals through the j udges - there's been a few of them over the years.  

You know for a moment tonight when I thought that a DO between Faye and Ashley might actually happen - I didn't want it at all (even though I thought I did previously) and I'm now looking forward to seeing how they both do in the Final.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:57 am

Well, now the dust has settled, here are my reflections on the weekend. Poor Ashley, she looked visibly shaken by another DO, so much so that she couldn't be excited about reaching the final. I think she may have just realised/ accepted that with a public vote she can't win the final...that's not going to give her much incentive this week is it? 
Like you Mauve, when it came to the possibility of a DO between Faye and Ashley I didn't want it- mainly because I felt it should have been Lauren or Joe to go. I think C.raig is partly to blame for Joe going through, his blatant undermarking rallied Joe's voting troops. 
I'm not sure it's a given that he'll win though. As we always say on here in the end the cream comes to the top. I think there's a lot of people who only vote in the final. Much of it rests on the showdance. I don't have any particular investment in the final four which is actually quite a nice place to be - I will enjoy the final and vote for whoever I like best on the night. I think it's a dead cert that Kevin will come up with something spectacular and crowd pleasing  for Stacey. Aside from Ashley am I right that none of the others has been in the DO? They must have a fair bit of support to have avoided it given how the public saved many lesser dancers. All in all I'm happy with the final four- the two best dancers and two who have come from absolute beginners. Let the battle commence!

I'm intrigued to see what concepts the pros will come up with for the showdances...we've practically had showdances already during the series so it's going to be difficult to be original.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Well it has all been a bit too predictable this year. Predictable that ringers would reach the final. Preditable dance-offs over the last few weeks and predictable that a place in final would be set aside for Joe. He seems a nice enough lad but the way the judges fawnnover him and bum him up is a major turn-off. I mean come on Darcey mentioning him in the same breath as Fred Astaire. Do me a favour eh?

For me I want Stacey to win as she has done the learning to dance and is there by right. Faye and Ashley are ringers and Joe I dont see as better than a few other dancers we have had in this series.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Bottom Line: What's dance got to do with it? Look back over the series to those that won and weren't the best dancers, and those who were and didn't. Place your bets, but stick to pennies; the G.B.P are a mighty foe!

Prediction, we'll see some magnificent dance, but while the judges gibber and chew their knuckles since they can't change it, Joe will get voted the new Fred Astaire of the millenium and take the glitterball home. KEEP DANCING.....lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Well I don’t think Joe will win. Hubby says his voters will ensure he does but I’m not so sure, given the demographic of the average scd voter and the fact that most of them won’t watch the final live.

If I’m honest, the finals in the last few years, well, ever since Tom Chambers won it actually, have been pretty underwhelming. Not my cup of tea at all and I won’t be able to watch it live so maybe I’ll just catch the result and nothing more.

I predict it will be either Stacey or Faye.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Well I don’t think Joe will win.  Hubby says his voters will ensure he does but I’m not so sure, given the demographic of the average scd voter and the fact that most of them won’t watch the final live.

If I’m honest, the finals in the last few years, well, ever since Tom Chambers won it actually, have been pretty underwhelming.  Not my cup of tea at all and I won’t be able to watch it live so maybe I’ll just catch the result and nothing more.

I predict it will be either Stacey or Faye.

Judging by social media (get me!) Faye is approching quite quickly on the outside. The dark horse no less...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:05 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
Judging by social media (get me!) Faye is approching quite quickly on the outside.  The dark horse no less...

As I said..What's dance got to do with it? lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit of Honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 pm

I think that Faye is a lucky lady in a certain respect - had there not been the two of them, then I think a lot of the negativity and criticism that has been levelled at Ashley would certainly have been levelled at Faye instead. As it stands she has more or less been left alone - interesting one.

It just struck me today that there won't be another Sunday results show Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
nor will there be a Monday ITT Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Where has the time gone????? SCD is a moment in time every year and I can't believe that this time next week it will be over. I know that a lot of us have struggled with aspects of the contest this year but I still love it and I'm intrigued to know what the next era will be like under a new producer.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I  think that Faye is a lucky lady in  a certain respect - had there not been the two of them, then I think a lot of the negativity and criticism that has been levelled at Ashley would certainly have been levelled at Faye instead.  As it stands she has more or less been left alone - interesting one.

Apropos of not much and an idle question with little relevance anyway,, I wonder just how many of the voters actually vote on dance skills or are actually interested in dance as an art, and how many just vote for diverse reasons of their own; fan clubs, personal adoration societies, sweepstakes, internet betting etc, etc. I'm quite sure a section of the answers would make fascinating reading.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
It just struck me today that there won't be another Sunday results show   Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
nor will there be a Monday ITT  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad   Where has the time gone?????  SCD is a moment in time every year and I can't believe that this time next week it will be over.  I know that a lot of us have struggled with aspects of the contest this year but I still love it and I'm intrigued to know what the next era will be like under a new producer.

Oh I know Mauve. The weeks have just flown by, I wish we could go back to September and do it all over again.

Although now I find I just can't get myself motivated about the final - all my investment was in Lauren, so after their farewell on ITT it feels like Strictly is already over (sorry sorry, I'm being a party pooper, I'll try to snap out of it!).

Having said that,  I am a little curious about which of the c.elebs will return for the final. Vick apparently criticised Graziano after she left, so that's a bit awkward. And Seann has allegedly said a few unwise things about snog-gate recently, so he may be a little unwelcome.  Then there's Danny and his boycott of ITT....will he deign to appear at the final? The reunion parade could be a little thin on the ground.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:32 am

Right.  I've had enough.  The incoming producer needs to know there are some ground rules.  

I am going to set down below the ones that are dear to my heart, but I'm bound to have left most of the important ones out, so you will all have to help me so that we can deliver a definitive list...

Any Tango/AT music MUST feature an accordion and conjure up visions of 1920/30s Buenos Aires
Any Paso music must have some Spanish/flamenco style guitar
Any Samba music must come from Brazil.
Any Cha cha cha music must go 'cha-cha-cha' really obviously
Any Salsa music has to be epically Cuban
Charleston music should have a tune which dates from no later than the mid 1930s
Ballroom music should clearly fit the tempo of the dance - 3/4 for waltz and VW, 4/4 for Foxtrot and so on and so forth.
ALL music must fit the style and mood of the dance - so no music about the tragically hard life of a 19th century prostitute for a ballroom dance
Musical n umbers should come from musical that have proper dancing in them (so not Les Mis or most Andrew Lloyd Weber nonsense and most certainly not disney)
No Ed Sheeran songs for any dance EVER

Costumes must be given more budget and more frou frou, glitter, sparkle and pzazz.
All costumes must fit into the style of the dance and NOT into a theme (eg how was I to know that Joe and Dianne were dressed like they were because they were meant to be Peaky Blinders characters?  A programme I and none of my freinds have ever seen. And why would you anyway - 1920s Birmingham for a dance from Buens Aires?)
Ditto hair and make up.
No 80s hair for Paso or Tango (or any dance)
The chaps outfits should compliment the chapesses costumes and not feature random purple flock wallpaper for no reason at all
Luba to be out in charge of all costume briefing, with Katya her deputy (Katya can tend to get a bit carried away - Luba always maintains a sense of dignity and elegance.  And amazing sparkly shoes)

All couples must complete the same dances across the season.  So if one drops rumba, they all drop rumba (oh yes please!  And I'm with Faye - throw away the Samba whilst you're at it...)
The couples choice is to be abolished
You may, if you wish, replace it by Fusion week - which means all couples dance the fusion on the same week, not randomly across the weeks
Anything with 'athon' appended to it will be punishable by hard labour in casualty on a Saturday night clearing up after all the drunks
The first two weeks every couple will dance the same latin and the same ballroom as each other - you can mix it up so half do one and half do the other the first week and then switch them round the second week.

Themes are only allowed on theme weeks - so no Birmingham gangster ATs as a prime example
Props are to be used sparingly on theme weeks
Extra dancers only allowed for Blackpool

Luba and Johannes to get partners (Karen and Graziano to be ditched, though I would gladly swap Kevin for Graz.  If Neil gets a partner - yes please - then all three are gone)
Luba and Johannes do all the dances in front of the dodgy results show singers plus some proper 'this is how the pros do it' demos of the key dances
Amy to get a young, handsome ringer a la Danny Mac next year (but no showmance gossip fodder as she has just got engaged, don;t want that messed up)

No shouty s lebs allowed
No s lebs to get into Clauds personal space and grabbing her face is punishable by the casualty experience
No Nans to be mentioned EVER
Tess is not allowed to call anyone over the actual age of 12 'adorable'
No one is allowed to call Janette and whoever her titchy partner is  'pocket rockets'
Tess and Clauds get the same stylist and budget as Shirl and Darcey

If a score is tied then the place below that gets two points less rather than 1 point (eg Faye and Ash at top of board on 5  points each = 2 places so the next placed person is third and gets 3 points not 4 points)
The producers are not to interfere with the judges judging,eg over or undermarking in order to affect votes
No judge will invoke the Blessed Saint Halfpenny when judging a jive. There have been at least three better ones since then
Silver tongued Italian Stallion will get out of Shirley's personal space
Darcey will never mention 'core' or 'topline' or 'extend that neck'
CRH will never score less than 7 after week 6 and will find his 10 paddle round about then too
Shirley is not allowed to have crushes on young men if it affects her marking of them
Tess will not have to be Clauds straight man OR have to read out really lame jokes that wouldn;t work even if you got a comic genius to deliver them

There will be no tacky snogging, hints of illicit affairs, or general nastiness.  It will be like the stuff of a 9 year old girl's bedroom - pure, pretty, sparkly, and full of unicorns and magic fairy dust and generally all round lovely and good family entertainment

There will be an ITT on the Monday after the final for the runners up and winners to have their best bits and fond farewells and sniffing into the glittery tissues.  It is a fundemental right. which up until now has not been upheld. The Rainbow woman is summarily commanded to hard labour in West Cumbria casualty on a sat night PLUS a stint in a care home for people with dementia. That should humble her and make her see the error of her ways.

I will be invited to take part, on the basis of a new feature where one member of the public gets to take part each year.  I don't really care on what criteria that is decided, just that as it is my idea I will feature first and I get to choose my partner (I am still pondering that - I have a short list, but I've got until next September...)

I'm sure there's more - so over to you all...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

1. Tess and Clauds get the same stylist and budget as Shirl and Darcey......

2. There will be an ITT on the Monday after the final for the runners up and winners to have their best bits and fond farewells and sniffing into the glittery tissues.  It is a fundemental right. which up until now has not been upheld......

3. I will be invited to take part, on the basis of a new feature where one member of the public gets to take part each year.  I don't really care on what criteria that is decided, just that as it is my idea I will feature first and I get to choose my partner (I am still pondering that - I have a short list, but I've got until next September...)

1. I suspect that their budget is similar. They get paid more than anyone else don't they apart perhaps than B;runo and C;raig? Presenters are usually top of the financial tree. They can have the same stylist as Darcy if they like, but heaven forbid they have to wear clothes like the vile stuff Shirley wears!

2. I don't know anyone who doesn't regret not having an ITT on the Monday following the Final. It would give a chance to speak with all the finalists and to go over their dances and training. Half an hour would barely be enough, an hour would be better.

3. I don't begrudge you your right to take part D&Ps, but perhaps they should set aside a special show just for us on this forum. We would make a wonderful group of non-celebrities. Bags I have Katya or Oti. Actually Oti might be a little tall for me so Katya it is! I'd throw away my walking sticks for a chance to dance with that young lady.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Terrific re-write of the Strictly Millennium Dance Bible, D&P. A discerning lady obviously (is one allowed to say "lady" or should that be person) ..? Wink In addition to your fine list I'll happily add/emphasise:

No rumbas whatsoxxxxing ever, unless done in a non-romantic unembarassing to partners and contestants alike, fashion. I actually love the lazy lilt of true rumba music (listen to , Guantanamera, Cantinera de Cuba, Manana de Carnaval ...which can also be a Bossa Nova, etc)  and could surely dance it with a partner without the overdone horizontal implications (All the other disciplines manage it comfortably, even the tango).  I'm not anti romantic, come on, I read Jane Austen fxs, but bedrooms are bedrooms and ballrooms are ballrooms. .Get on it producers.

Tradition must be respected despite the "me too" desire from attention seekers interferences to become tattoo'd Joan of Arcs or El Cids in ripped jeans, trying to apply rap music to Strauss territory. Bull fighting is on the wane somewhat today,(rightly so) so parody flamenco if you will, ballet flamenco is one of the most graceful dance arts ever. I won't mention tango as I totally agree with you. If you want to up-tempo it, listen to Julio's "La Gota Fria"..or something by Gotan Project, superb music that doesn't originate in Spain.

Dress and dress code I'll happily leave to your tender and experienced mercies with the proviso that any man who is a real male should delight in wearing a black-tie outfit occasionally, and the white-tie and tails era can never be surpassed in a ballroom. The ladies need no lessons in dance-hall attire (unless The Sun brigade ala Ascot and Grand National fashion experts invade, in which case, ban them). Theme's are themes so, if we have to have them....

Couldn't agree more with Strict Tempo returning to the floor (I still have Victor Sylvester and Charles Barlow classics amongst my rather vast music collection, hey, I've still got "Manuel and his music of the mountains" lol! ) Gangnam I class with Macarena and all that funky chicken and Simon says stuff, as a one-off week sensations for the less discerning. No place in a ballroom unless you are visitors for a bouncy castle night or something. "Athons" also fall into this category.

Presenters. Tess just doesn't do it for me with too many Brucie mannerisms and expressions.( "My darling",etc) I'd Promote Housewives choice to the role with Claudia as his role amongst younger athletes must suely reach a limit soon. I gave up on I.T.T altogether this year as it's gone silly. Just me, I suppose.

You've covered a lot of sore point issues, so no point elaborating. I would love to see some Irish dancing, Leroc and Spanish Sevillanas incorporated somewhere, but I guess they's be seen as my personal ideosyncrasies...ah well.

One last point: There is a difference between using hips and "mincing". It worries me that some male pros may not agree...lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Bravo Diamonds!! And also Twirlie and Tango

Just three further suggestions:

B.runo must be tied to his chair, which in turn should be screwed into the floor.

The singers should take one week off at some stage, so just classical ballroom and latin music that week as played by the orchestra

No argentine tangos, rumbas, or other intimate small-floor dances allowed at Blackpool, they look lost and don't take advantage of the sprung floor.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Well people here well know what my prime suggestion would be for the future of Strictly. Wink

Other additions would be better-suited music to the dance, rid us of these lindyhopathons or other such-like exercises, remove the Rumba in place of another dance.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Just caught up in a massive Strictly (definitely-not-a-waste-a-time-athon) catch-up.
First thoughts were Cr aigs sitting on a thistle. Scoring 6s in a semi? I didn't like the no particular order rubbish leaving Faye and Lauren as the last 2 standing. I thought Gio & Faye were going to throw up when he might have been pitted against Pasha & Ashley in the dance-off. Yes a cliff hanger, (will it be the 2 ringers punching it out) but uncomfortable viewing for me.

I know Joe's got some stick on here, and particularly on the show this week. The usual 'build-em-up' then 'kick-em-down' that often arrives 2/3 of the way through, but I actually liked his Peaky Blinders A.Tango. It might not have been technically brilliant, but I liked the atmosphere of it.

From the finalist's, I'd like Stacey or Faye to win.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Seems things are afoot behind the scenes: Gio and Faye apparently not Jack and Jill, Pasha not happy with Gio and Ashley interfering with practise, bookies seem to be leaning towards Stacey and Joe slugging it out for the mirror ball. Ashley and Faye don't seem to be considered as having much say in it all.

All together now......" All we are saying, is give dance a chance"! cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Well obviously all of us here get to be on Strictly Twirlie!

And obviously Rumba is not going to happen except under very strict rules concerning choreography and music.

And all excellent suggestions Jingle and Tango (I particularly like the one about Silver tongued Italian Stallion and his chair... :-D)

Moving on... Tango all I've seen about Gio and Faye is him posting a saccherine sweet message on instagram really bigging her up - no spatting that the public know about.. But reports of a 'feud' between Pasha and Gio over Ashley spending to much time in the Gio/Faye camp. It's all rubbish, isn't it!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:20 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:                  

Moving on... Tango all I've seen about Gio and Faye is him posting a saccherine sweet message on instagram really bigging her up - no spatting that the public know about..  But reports of a 'feud' between Pasha and Gio over Ashley spending to much time in the Gio/Faye camp.  It's all rubbish, isn't it!

I know not D&P; all I know is what I read in my wife's favourite comic, The Sun, ( not the world's most reliable reporting) this morning as posted. Personally, I care not if they all batter each other senseless with sticks of rhubarb and three day old baguettes and B runo and C raig run off into the sunset together before signing up for "I'm a celebrity, get me in there!"...Keep Dancing..lol!

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Well, its cold and wintry outside so I closed my curtains, switched all my christmas lights on, lit a few candles, and snuggled down to a very happy couple of hours watching last years final all over again.  One year on, and here's a few more thoughts on Strictly 2017...

The supposed ringers from 2017 were Alexandra and Debbie, but rewatching them in the final I don't think either of them reached the standard of Faye or Ashley.  So 2018 has been Ringer Plus Plus. No doubt we'll see stunning dances by both Faye and Ashley this weekend, but personally I wish their places had been filled by the best improvers.  But then, I'm more of a  'j-word'-watcher than a pure dance watcher.

Having said all that, I don't think we've seen an argentine tango this year as good as Debbie's, it really was breath-taking.

None of the showdances from 2017 were standout. In particular, the ones which were a pick 'n mix of different dance styles just looked muddled and a little disjointed. My favourite was Debbie's Jewelry-box ballerina, but none of them were wow routines. I've a feeling that the more influential routines were the couple's own choices (Alexandra did her jive, Joe did the toy soldier charleston, Gemma her blackpool american smooth, and Debbie her argentine tango).

Pasha (paired with Chizzy and out in week 2) really didn't look healthy in last years show. He looks 10 years younger and so much fitter this year.

Strange seeing Chloe as one of the support dancers last year....I wish she'd been given a partner.

Seeing Brendan in the group dances, it feels like he's been airbrushed out of the Strictly family this year. Why no guest appearances on ITT, or as the guest judge?

Giovanni acts so differently with Faye than he did with Debbie, who he so clearly adored. I haven't noticed any spark between him and Faye at all, which then makes their dances seem less believable to me.

Anyhow, I enjoyed my trip down memory lane. I haven't had a favourite in the final since 2015 (Jay) so am not particulary bothered who wins this year... but I just hope we're in for a treat.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next