Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 pm

I've messaged Sid on Twitter and copied and pasted your message Diamonds
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  Sid on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Guys, hi!

Hope you're all doing brilliantly.

I feel so bad I can’t properly enjoy your company this series but after crappy health last year I’ve finally got into my tutoring again and have over-committed myself a bit – too many students, all doing different syllabuses and it’s a bit…well…manic.

I wasn’t sure about the line-up this year because of the sheer number of ‘unknowns’ but I’ve found that’s actually raised the intrigue factor and I’m keen to see who I warm to. So far: Dr Ranj (obvs), Danny (and Amy I’m very much on board with now), Ashley (yes, Ashley!) and Kate (she may be the first female sleb to make me question my sexuality but then Charles come along and normality is restored - why stick him with the awful Karen tho!).

I’m slightly scaring myself with how strongly agin I am Lee....and Nadia is just too detached and her choreo too….generic. My other agin is Gio. I briefly thawed towards him last year because of that unique dynamic with Debbeh but I’m back to my default position again. Sorry Faye (she’s my tip to win btw). Diane is just the wild one with red hair who annoys the tits off me. Why didn't we get Luba? Why did we lose Chloe? Why 90s-boy-band member Graziano and not Johannes or the Ginger With Nice Buns who always gets benched? Put me in charge of casting!

Must admit, slightly perturbed by S.id on ITT. I still look up from my dinner every time Zoe says my name  Very Happy

Thank you Alls and Sax for giving me a nudge on Twitter. I was going to pop by at some point, promise! No one’s missing anything insightful. Every other tweet is “When will Gorka marry me?”  Very Happy

Enjoyed skimming through all your posts....

Love y'all x
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Fab to hear off you Sid and do not mind the will Gorka marry you request each week
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Good to know your back fit and well Sid. Too many old comrades just seem to disappear on more forums than just this. I'm not foolish enough (and far too experienced at G.B.P lunaticos to even go there) to make predictions as yet, but Kate is a favourite so far and there should be two classes of excellence, ringers and two left footers. The chasm between them is far too wide for fairness. (Who mentioned fairness, it's Strictly). Feel sorry for A nton despite some not exactly loving him; he's given a lot of time and experience to the show (well-paid time, it must be said) and seeing the likes of Erin, Camilla, Ian and Natalie still around but not in the show is sad. I think he may join them soon..sadly. Anyway, post when you can Sid and good luck with the teaching. cheers
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Sid wrote:So far: Dr Ranj (obvs), Danny (and Amy I’m very much on board with now), Ashley (yes, Ashley!) and Kate (she may be the first female sleb to make me question my sexuality but then Charles come along and normality is restored - why stick him with the awful Karen tho!).

I’m slightly scaring myself with how strongly agin I am Lee....and Nadia is just too detached and her choreo too….generic. My other agin is Gio. I briefly thawed towards him last year because of that unique dynamic with Debbeh but I’m back to my default position again. Sorry Faye (she’s my tip to win btw). Diane is just the wild one with red hair who annoys the tits off me. Why didn't we get Luba? Why did we lose Chloe? Why 90s-boy-band member Graziano and not Johannes or the Ginger With Nice Buns who always gets benched? Put me in charge of casting!

As ever S.id (have the naughty sprites got to your name too - I notice everyone is putting a full stop in your name just in case. I am a sheep, so I am to...), anyway, as ever S.id you say what is in my head in a pithy and succinct way.  Agreed so much on all the above.

But Gio has moved up into my definite Afors - like you I thought he was great with Debbeh, but I find him still on form with Faye.  He loves himself for sure, but he seems to have learnt to showcase his partner rather than himself.  Some still haven't learnt that yet.  Yes Graziano/Erol Flynn/Gleb-alike (but with more hair), I am looking at you.

Anyway, enough of all that stuff...  SIIIIIIDDDD!  cheers cheers cheers  bounce bounce bounce  It is SO good to hear your voice.  I, amongst many others, were pining in your absence and having acute withdrawal symptoms.  I totally understand that you have an actual life and so 148 characters and 'Will you marry me Gorka' messages to read through is all you have time for, but it is truly lovely to have you back, even momentarily. Pop in again, won't you :-)

And Gorka?  Is our wedding off then?

PS - thanks to Alls and Sax for taking pity on me and to S.id for responding.  Mwah to you all!
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Yay Sid...thank you!! I love you
I'm really agin Lee too...I was devilishly pleased with the first DO as it confirmed it wasn't just me. Apart from anything I just find he has zero personality ( I am resigned to the fact this show is not just about dance and I love people watching as much as the next bod)
Must zip over to Sax's poll and vote for him to go.....
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Something that just occurred, whatever happened to a lot of our posters? So miss the humour of Mrs Lightfoot and the insightful comments of Hatlady and the gardening chap etc. Times change, people come and go I know, but still miss Strictly as it was a few years ago.
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Tango - this was breifly discussed last year - I definitely wondered where certain people were. I think it was actually S.id who explained that a lot of them transferred to Twitter or DS - so still commentting, but not on here...

I like here better. DS is beyond bitchy and troll-y. Twitter has only 148 characters in which to say anything (why? Who set that arbitary number I wonder? They are top of thw queue for my firing sqaud. [firing as in sacking, rather than shooting. But you never know...] We are currently pondering national and global problems and finiding solutions on our 9.30am breakfast break. I will set the Twitter problem for the day after tomorrow - tomorrow we are tackling world peace. [if anyone is interested, today we tackled the issue of large sponsored groups doing Scafell Pike as a challenge who are unprepared, have no clue about map-reading and route finding and don't set off until midday when it takes 40 mins to drive to the start and it gets dark at 6.30pm; the problem with politicians generally and prime-ministers in particular [all prime-ministers, not just the current one] and our voting system. Brilliant solutions were found for all you'll be pleased to know.) So a forum such as this allows me to say what I want to say without being trolled - we all agree very nicely to disagree if indeed we do - and in as many characters and words as I want.

But mainly because you are all so nice!
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'A little bit of honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Must admit, slightly perturbed by S.id on ITT. I still look up from my dinner every time Zoe says my name  Very Happy

Enjoyed skimming through all your posts....
Sid wrote:

Love y'all x

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid   Very Happy  Very Happy

I thought exactly the same when Zoe introduced  'the S.id' thing on ITT and I still do!    At least you know you've been immortalised on ITT!!!!!!!! Smile

I'm still at my very indecisive early stage of not really settling on anyone to support yet.  I think that as SCD years go last year was such a brilliant year for me as I was supporting both Joe and Debbeh almost from the start - but this year I'm back to not really wanting to commit myself to anyone at this stage before they have all done both some latin and some ballroom - although I can tell you now it won't be Ashley (maybe that one will come back to bite me later as has so often been the case with me!!!!)  and I have been most impressed by Kate so far - but I do agree with you that having so many unknowns is not a bad thing as it does add to the intrigue as you get to know them over the weeks and like you I am warming to Amy as a teacher far more than any of the other newbies.

The cynical moi thinks that the vlogger Joe will be the one who storms through on vote power - and he is showing early promise although I'm wanting to see some ballroom.  My theory is that there is never room for two equally matched girl ringers in the show - so I can see an upcoming inevitable struggle between home grown Faye and Ashley coming up as the contest progresses - it will be interesting to see how that pans out!!!!    Beyond that I think there is a whole bunch of people who show potential this year - so can't wait to see how it unfolds as usual.

I don't do social media - so please S id make sure you keeeeep posting here! Very Happy  Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:39 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Something that just occurred, whatever happened to a lot of our posters? So miss the humour of Mrs Lightfoot and the insightful comments of Hatlady and the gardening chap etc. Times change, people come and go I know, but still miss Strictly as it was a few years ago.

D+P - I think you summed it up perfectly - with your last post.

I find things like DS quite anonymous as to me they are not forums but places where people can just bomb in with their comments and go! It can also get quite exhausting when you are commenting on a large forum - I found I was getting exhausted with keeping up with the old BBC boards which this forum morphed from - and that was quite a long time ago. I prefer to be in what I like to think is a conversational group like this one - where we often also discuss the dance and the music as well as the personalities - I think there is a place for everything.    It is a real shame that some people  have gone by the wayside - There is chap with the nom de plume of Feargal who used to comment on the BBC boards - he is still going strong on DS and some of the other platforms and would have been great on here - but I think that some of the original crew have actually got disenchanted by SCD itself -   Kate for example who used to do the stats and number crunching - because she actually said so.   However,  as long as SCD continues to surprise and yes 'entertain' us I'm sure and I really hope that we'll all still be on here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:52 pm

I did dip my toe I the water of Twitter but I find it a bit scary- I just think I don't 'get' it. I enjoy a few people's tweets - like Gary linekar for example, and I enjoy Marian K's  but I don't really tweet myself. Apart from the whole limited character thing, it doesn't have what I consider to be our forum's best feature- the edit function, which is a godsend for autochange and rubbish typists like me!
And of course everyone on here is lovely.... Wink  I always think of us as a sort of distant relatives family or old friends- we only meet up once a year but we just pick up where we left off.

I'm at a family do tonight so will have to watch the show when I get back and no voting for me...will add my comments tomorrow

Oh and as a footnote, yes Mr T I totally agree that Halloween has had its time, but we will they ditch it? Will they heck. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:58 pm

It's hard to believe this is our ninth year on this forum! Where does the time go?

I find I'm not quick or witty enough for Twitter, not thick-skinned enough for DS, and have never wanted to set up a Facebook account. So thank goodness for our lovely forum, and all you lovely posters. I too miss our old regulars, and especially concerned for Hatlady who I know was in poor health last time she posted. If any of the oldies are out there (or the recent newbies), PLEASE call in, if only to say hello. Very pleased to see that Sid is still with us, even if it's just going to be the occasional post.   Tango, you mentioned the gardening guy who used to post on the BBC messageboards - last time I looked he was still a regular poster on the BBC Gardeners World forum.

I'm in the same boat as yourself Mauve, I haven't settled on who to support yet. I liked Mollie almost instantly so it was an easy choice last year. I'll be voting for Lauren and AJ for the time being, as he's my favourite pro and she's definitely not a ringer. Though I tend to agree with you in predicting that Joe will win this year. I've been watching his vlogs, and the n.umber of views and comments he gets is crazy (with loads of people saying they've made all their relatives get BBC accounts just to vote for him). Joe's Strictly vlogs are really interesting - he films his training and the pair of them do an analysis of the footage each week. It's so interesting to see how Dianne adapts the choreography over the course of the week. Although I'm not a great fan of Dianne, I think they're one of the best partnerships I can remember seeing on Strictly.  I'd much prefer to watch his progress  than Ashley, Faye or Danny, so am happy enough if he does win.

Anyway, really looking forward to movie night!  Back later with some thoughts....
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Have to be tomorrow for me as I only caught half the show tonight. Like Arnie....I'll be back.... Wink
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Loved loved tonight's show for once.... Wow a few stunning performances Faye and Ashley but omg Sean what a great intense bit of acting and dance. Graeme loved your gusty performance . So disliked the jeans and sweaters and felt sorry Lee had the worst and sweated outfits to dance in.....

When I saw Charles mom I so thought of the scene from The Full Month lol sorry
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 pm

A really good show tonight despite my deep reservations about music choices. I have been busy today so will not run through each dance as I never had the chance to make notes as I watched like I normally do.

The best dances of the night for me were Stacey's and thought Graeme and Seann raised their game and another solid dance from Kate Silverton. Charles put in another decent dance too. Meh dances from ringers Faye and Ashley. I think the strugglers this week were Katie, Lauren and perhaps Lee but none of their dances were that bad.

CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:58 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Something that just occurred, whatever happened to a lot of our posters? So miss the humour of Mrs Lightfoot and the insightful comments of Hatlady and the gardening chap etc. Times change, people come and go I know, but still miss Strictly as it was a few years ago.

Social media sites happened. I used to run a forum on a hit sitcom that was really busy until the explosion of Facebook, Twitter etc and the posting members drifted away onto that form of media.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:57 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Social media sites happened. I used to run a forum on a hit sitcom that was really busy until the explosion of Facebook, Twitter etc and the posting members drifted away onto that form of media.

Aye, it's the truth C.C. Thankfully I avoid it all, even Faceache Book which I removed myself from a fair while ago. Sad thing is, it's all about money as ever. Anything successful and somebody owns it and closes the shop for paying members only. Sport has also suffered in the same way; you can't watch football, cricket, rugby, boxing, golf etc because Sky and co have collared the lot. I was mightily xxxxed off today to find even Women's international football. which I 'm a fan of because the women are really skilled and great entertainment, is now no longer on the public channels. All more than a bit disgusting. That's life in the millennium for you.
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 am

I've just finished watching the show after my night out - I've not read any of your comments yet, but can I just say.... cheers cheers cheers
I absolutely loved it, that has got to be the best movie week I've seen for many a year. So nice to see some different songs and movies. I will post properly tomorrow but I want to give a special shout out to Katya's choreography- that was amazing - and the speed of Faye's quickstep. I know she's the biggest ringer of them all, but I did love Pasha and Ashley's dirty dancing and "the lift" which has become a bit of a cliche, but it it is incredibly difficult as Darcey pointed out. I did also really like Swanny's Charleston.

Hope you all enjoyed it too and I will read your comments tomorrow...for now I must get some sleep!
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:08 am

Movie Week:
I’m not normally a fan of themed weeks but this week has converted me – until Halloween anyway.

I liked the Pros opening number. The Harry Potter theme was a LOT of fun and well choreographed I thought.  Isn’t it funny how ankle socks, flat heels and a mid length skirt can make even the most gorgeous dancer’s legs look like knobbly schoolgirl legs!   Laughing  Laughing

Vick and Graziano – Salsa
Very much an improvement on her last latin dance. Good lifts and very agile, but just occasionally when she came out of a lift her stance it would be slightly ungainly. But generally very good. 7

Dr Ranj and Janette – Quickstep
Mmmm  – Not hugely exciting. I didn’t think he really was very wonderful. 5.

Lee and Nadiya – Cha Cha Cha
I loved this. I thought he’d really got the hang of some of the steps but it seems I’m wrong. I agreed more with Silver tongued Italian Stallion than the rest of them. I thought they were a bit harsh. The 3 was rubbish. I’m with B.T. - 6.

Kate and Aljaz – Foxtrot
It was very smooth (apart from the initial stumble), very controlled and really very beautiful. She’s turning into quite the vamp of the show. The wig didn’t work for me though. 8

Stacey and Kevin – Jive
Fun but she was definitely getting tired by the end. She’s lovely to watch partly because she has such a lovely personality. The judges obviously loved it. She was good though I thought Kevin hadn’t put in a huge variety of steps.  7

Joe and Diane – American Smooth
He looks a little awkward sometimes. He has stick legs and sometimes it seems as though they can’t straighten. It’s weird.  I agreed with Shirley as to the footwork. I think he could go either way in ballroom and getting a straight leg in some of the latin dances could be problematic. 7

Graeme and Oti – Charleston
Well, surprisingly good. Great lifts (bravo Oti), lots of energy and lots of swivel. Very,
very enjoyable. 8

Ashley and Pasha– Salsa
Pretty spectacular. It could be a dance from the Final quite frankly. Where can she go from here? If it had been a few weeks further down the line, I reckon some of the judges would have given her a 10. From me, 9

Katie and Gorka – Foxtrot
Still progressing which is good. I don’t think the choreography was up to much but what she did was very good. 6

Seann and Katya – Paso Doble
Unbelievably inventive and exciting. Bravo Katya, She is so imaginative. Seann was strong, powerful and the partnership is blossoming wonderfully. Not my highest mark, but the dance of the night for me. (I’ve watched it 5 times so far.) 8

Lauren and AJ – Cha Cha
Much though I’d like to dismiss it as irrelevant, I can’t help feeling that the lack of a full arm throws her off balance. It’s a balance she’s learned to deal with on the track but she hasn’t managed it with the dancing yet. I watched it twice and liked it a lot better the second time. I still feel it’s only worth 5.

Charles and Karen – American Smooth
He’s very strong and the lifts were good, but… I still don’t find them very inspiring. I don’t know if it’s the choreography or what, but it seemed a bit boring. 6    (Oh ok, ok. Don't get  your knickers in a twist. – 7.)

Faye and Giovanni – Quickstep
Not bad – not bad at all. Pretty good actually. I loved the red shoes. I felt that her performance was more than just that of “a ringer”. It really was a stunning dance with the character totally absorbed into a great quickstep. 9

Danny and Amy – Paso Doble
I’m with the fabu-u-lus darling one. It wasn’t brilliant. His upright stance is perhaps suitable for the Paso but there was something lacking. He’s a ringer that doesn’t seem to be ringing many bells! 7

There seemed to be a lot of flying tonight. Too much? Mind you if you think about the dances that used flying, Harry Potter, Spiderman, and The Matrix, the flying was not out of place. However, Back to Future’s flying wasn’t necessary I didn’t think.
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:10 am

Yes, great show, and what I find really interesting is that they’re all bouncing around the leaderboard.  Apart from Ashley and Faye, nobody seems to have found their groove yet and they’ve all had large variances in their scores.  And some of the early front runners are already dropping back.  I mean, what was Joe’s dance all about?  Didn’t enjoy that at all.

It clearly matters a great deal which dance you get and, certainly in the early days, can skew the results.  But as the competition goes on there are other important factors too.  Clearly nerves pay their part, and consequently, confidence.  But personality and, in particular, the realationship with your partner, is also incredibly important.  I don’t see anything gelling between Charles and Karen (think Shirley also mentioned this) or Lauren and AJ and think these two couples may struggle to get the votes.

Tonight we will see if Lee suffered last week through being mid-leaderboard or if he really does have little public support.  Personally, I don’t like Nadiya so would find it hard to vote for them.

Last night I thought Katya’s choreography was great (I’m a big fan of hers anyway) and Faye blew me away.  But sterling performances all round and I’m struggling to predict even one person for the final.....
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'A little bit of honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 am

Wow!  What a great show last night! Great comments so far everyone - I think I'm very much in sync with you Twirlie on my thoughts for most of the dances.  From the Harry Potter opener onwards I was hooked and I am so delighted that both Oti and Katya were back on form with the choreography last night producing two brilliant routines each in their own way - with Katya's being stunning.

It was the best 'Movie Night' show for years.  It was really good to hear some iconic tracks and I think they had all raised their game after the low scores of last week. Some couples made some notable improvements others stayed at the same level but no one disgraced themselves in my book.  Difficult to say who was in the drop zone - as Fifty said above, at this stage in the competition with so many contestants and so much potential, it can be down to whether the dance track is a memorable one or not.

My stand out dances of the night were Seann and Katya's 'ah-may-zing' paso - along with Kate and Alijaz's sublime slow foxtrot.  I also really enjoyed Graeme and Oti, Faye and Gio, and Stacey and Kevin.

Vick and Graziano - 6
I'm liking the partnership and I liked the lifts. it was a good upbeat n umber and a solid performance despite a lot of faffing about at the start for me.  When they did the salsa bits it was quite good but I agreed with CRH in that there was too little salsa in it for me.

Janette and Ranj - 6
Thought it was worth a 6 for performance value. Other than that I found it a typical Janette offering of 'not quite a quickstep' with gapping, too much out of hold and too many breaks as the judges pointed out - but full of energy nonetheless.

Lee and Nadiya - 6
I don't think this was bad actually. I really liked the music and I think it had a strong cha cha beat going through it. I thought he made a good stab at it despite having a rubbish costume and smoke on the floor!!  I just think that they are not gelling as a partnership and Lee seemed quite subdued.

Kate and Alijaz 8
Brilliant dance very well synchronised between them- one of the dances of the night for me. She sizzled and so did the dance - even with the stumble I thought she recovered so well, it would have thrown some people completely.

Stacey and Kevin - 8
Despite this being the usual sort of Kevin theme night offering  (ie always dressed as some sort of little creatures and pretty much the same kooky choreography whether it's a Charleston or Jive etc)  I really enjoyed it.  I thought the timing was perfect and Stacey's movements seemed tighter and more controlled this week - it was a great overall performance from her.  Stacey is obviously very fit and these fast high energy dances with which some people struggle really seem to suit her - like her QS on the first week.  I now want to see how she does slow and graceful.

Jo and Dianne - 6
A good overall routine and he certainly seems to be a natural dancer but didn't hit the heights of his first two performances for me. Agreed with the posture comments 100% and needing to tuck his rear end under! Bit more focus on technique needed for future ballroom routines.

Graeme and Oti - 8
What a difference a week makes - he was like a different man. Loved this Charleston routine which didn't suffer from the theme, for me it was light footed and the foot work was precise - loved the costume too.

Ashley and Pasha - 9
Well what can you say? Well done for mastering the lift which is difficult for anyone - pro or amateur - but honestly this was more like a showdance and whilst it is always good to see a 'Dirty Dancing' routine I'm not sure it belonged in this show at this point in the contest.

Gorka and Kate - 5
Big improvement on last week and she actually seemed to be enjoying it. Nice straightforward routine by Gorka.  

Seann and Katya - 9
So normally I'm a paso purist but I just loved this and it really suited him too - Clever Katya once more tuning into something that will suit her partner but also showing how creative she is without moving too far away from the spirit of the dance.

Lauren and AJ - 5
Thought that it was a tight routine with good timing but very restrained and agreed with the judges comments about learning to project and to master the latin routines which is something that a lot of the sports people have to do.

Charles and Karen - 6
Bit disappointed as I loved their QS last week and thought he was going to be a real ballroom boy but there was a lot of technique lacking I felt - his frame wasn't as good and there was lots of gapping but I did think the lifts were lovely.  I never seem to really enjoy an AS this early in the season.

Faye and Gio - 9
Wow -  Danny and Sandy do a Quickstep!!  Mad but it worked. The routine was true to the scene in the film and yet there was a real fast and furious QS in the middle of it.  Faye won the battle of the ringers for me last night. This was great.

Danny and Amy - 7
Felt that this didn't quite do it for me and I hovered between a 6 and 7. Despite being the closing n umber it somehow got a bit lost in a night of great performances.  I kept thinking that Amy's wig was going to come off! It got better as it went along but it was good rather than great and I agreed with the judges comments that it seemed a bit stiff in parts.

One final comment that kept going through my head last night - SHOES! - I always agree with Ian Waite on ITT when he says that the correct shoes should be worn. I know last night was a theme night and the costumes had to fit the theme but some of the celebs have yet to wear proper dance shoes...……………………. just an observation Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 am

I certainly agree there were no real duff dances last night. They ranged from the just okay to the excellent and have thought about adding one or two to the classic dances thread but will see. Lee wasn't as bad as was painted by the judges. Lauren is like Vicky Pendleton and one or two other sports women in the past. Unable to let themselves go and let it all hang out. Inhibited if you wish and it kills the art of expression. She will need to address that or she will end up exiting long before Blackpool. Katie P was slightly better but just feel her level is a notch or two below most of the field.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Well I'm not usually a fan of theme weeks however loved last night's show. HP opening dance in the studios loved it a bit chaotic in SCD studio thou and HP blonde No

]Vick and Graziano – Salsa

I prefered her ballroom last week but I liked it and for me a 6.5

Dr Ranj and Janette – Quickstep

Nor keen at all. Costume i felt made hi'm look tubby.Didn't wow me and felt flat.......5

]Lee and Nadiya – Cha Cha Cha

I so dislike the casual look for SCD and felt sorry for Lee with heavy Gillette and t shirt and shirt on! A few good bounce and light steps.Tentative improvement but didn't give me a warm glow.... 5

[Kate and Aljaz – Foxtrot
Well recovered first trip Kate affraid my heart was in my mouth.Sultry and wow good portrayal of a femme fatal...Loved Alijaz with his ears and tail.. Great routine 7.5

]Stacey and Kevin – Jive

Well for me Kevin looked creepy in that outfit however I forgave him once the dance got going.Fast and bounce at times and towards end ran out of steam...Loved Stacey with her bond with Kate in Kate's VT,. Kevin I feel will go far this year.... 8

]Joe and Diane – American Smooth]

Oh dear those blooming drainpipe tight trousers No No just highlighted Joe's thin legs and his bent knees throughout the routine.His better in Latin not his best dance 6

]Graeme and Oti – Charleston

Wow Graeme kudos for the VT abseiling then upside down on a zip in the studio too bounce I really enjoyed this dance.Oti really brings out the best in her partners. It was fun to watch and Graeme really got into character......7

[]Ashley and Pasha

Oh wow! Pasha looking scrumptious and a lean machine this year.Loved their routine fast and mirroring the original.A lot of work into that routine and the lift cheers cheers cheers 8.5

Katie and Gorka – foxtrot

A little better than last week. A sweet tentative routine.Katie still looks emotionally fragile 5.5

]Seann and Katya – Paso Doble

Fabulous atmosphere created.Sean so intense and moody. Katya what a routine she gave for Sean, outstanding choreography. .. Loved it and surprise of the night....8

]Lauren and AJ – Cha Cha

I felt as if Lauren was walking through the routine with AJ in the rehearsal room not the dance on a Saturday night. Lauren seemed to wait for AJ to point /direct her next step.... 4

]Charles and Karen – American Smooth

Not a fan of the song. I wanted and expected a lot and felt a bit meh! It lacked something not sure what. 6

]Faye and Giovanni – quickstep

Well they flew round the dance floor, fast and clean at times routine. Loving this pair..What a transformation re Sandy and Dany. .... hate B.runo hugging cringeworthy and a bit seedy ..9

]Danny and Amy – Paso Doble

At times I thought Danny really held the limelight and wanted more from him. ...Amy the Red hair for me distracts me.....7.5

So apart from B.runo AGAIN falling off chair twice and the hugging Faye ewwww. C.raig's fantastic put down " Oh go fall off the chair Silver tongued Italian Stallion" when B.runo squealed like a stuck pig "Straight! You wouldn't know straight" to C.raig... I thoroughly enjoyed Movie week... Faye,Ashley going head to head for Top Girl place with Kate steaming in the shadows waiting to bloom more.
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Nothing on TV can beat Strictly on a good night! Like everyone else it seems, I thoroughly enjoyed movie week. Despite a couple of bulky props I felt the themes didn’t stifle the choreography, and some of the routines were inspired. Dances of the night for me were Sean’s paso and Graeme’s Charleston.  I also loved the Harry Potter opener (pity JK Rowling wasn’t in the audience like she sometimes is).
It’s a pity anyone has to leave this week, I think most of them individually upped their game. A few thoughts…

Vick. I loved the Greek style scenery. Bit of time wasting with the scarf at the start, and not enough salsa overall, but I thought she danced it well.  One of the female singers appeared to be singing Abba in an American accent which was a bit weird.

Ranj – as a general opinion, if they’re going to include a significant prop like a car or in this case an elephant, I wish they’d integrate the prop into the routine a bit better. Anyway, not a great quickstep, too bouncy and a bit of gapping. One thing I really like about Ranj is that he keeps his smile all the way through, looks like he’s really enjoying himself

Lee – as with the comment about, the de Lorean car prop could’ve been used a bit more imaginatively.  Really felt sorry for Lee in the layers and layers of casual clothing which made his routine look more like a rehearsal than the real dance.

Kate – great recovery from the trip on the steps.  I enjoyed the routine though felt it was rather sedate – surprised at the 8s from Shirley and B.runo

Stacey – enjoyable and lively jive as minions, although I was a bit taken aback when Shirley later referred to Kevin as ‘king of the jive’.  Eh?  

Joe – pretty awful posture, and the lifts were so tame when compared to Charles’ American smooth later in the show.

Graeme – one of my favourite dances of the night! I’d been worried that dressing a middle-aged man in spiderman lycra might be an attempt to turn him into the new comedy act. But he totally smashed the Charleston steps, and I really liked Oti’s choreography for this, especially the parts where he appeared to pull on a web.  Excellent lifts too…what a difference a week makes

Ashley – very accomplished, and could have easily been viewed as a pro dance.

Katie – nice to see the good old lamp post prop!  This was certainly Katie’s best dance yet. I’ve never seen Lalaland, but assume the heavy-looking black and white shoes are in keeping with the film  (I found them a little distracting)

Sean – wow! I’ve watched this paso quite a few times now, and I know it’ll be one of those routines which sticks in the mind.  Hats off to Katya for such clever choreography.  Another thing which I think really helped was using the atmospheric soundtrack without the distraction of singers – wish they’d do that a bit more often in Strictly.

Lauren – visually the hair and outfits weren’t a good look for either of them. This was a rather lacklustre cha cha, and I thought at one stage she’d forgotten her steps as she was looking at AJ too much. I gave Lauren all my votes, hope they can escape dance off this week.

Charles – thought the lifts were fantastic in this american smooth, and he made them look easy. However he was let down by rather skippy footwork and a few lunging steps.

Faye –   greatly enjoyed watching this, but same as my comments for Ashley, this could’ve been viewed as a pro dance.  

Danny – I love Twirlie’s comment ‘He’s a ringer that doesn’t seem to be ringing many bells’.  In all three dances so far there’s been something robotic and jerky about Danny’s movements – Amy needs to rectify that asap  

Looking forward to another pro dance tonight, though I doubt they can top the Harry Potter dance which was superb.
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi everyone
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next