Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2018

+6
TANGOLERO
jingle
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
saxonsiren
B4p
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2018

Post  B4p Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Agree jingle. Great to see Vinthent again. Loved his Gancho demo.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 pm

B4p wrote:Agree jingle. Great to see Vinthent again. Loved his Gancho demo.
Yes his Gancho demo was great- will def be looking to see if their thighs are still touching before they flick up!
Love Vincent- and I'm not at all convinced that his double entendres are accidental Razz Razz I can't repeat it on hear but go back and look at his critique of Faye and Gio!! Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 pm

B4p wrote:Agree diamonds.

I'm not sure who voted Dan from The Sun, Strictly's moral guardian. Rather ironic. Does he even like the show? It seems he makes it his mission to target someone from the show every year; Alexandra and Karen last night, Kristina the year before, Aliona the year before that. Interestingly he doesn't seem to point his sticky fingers at the behaviour of some of the male Pros.

I wonder if "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone" applies to The Sun posse? Be interesting to see a few red faces if we ever found out. How smug they seem at boasting about ruining relationships, marriages and families. "Freedom of the press" is just a licence to ruin lives at times. I am right in thinking this "crime" was a snog in a public place and not "Fifty shades of Filth" am I? Imagine what they'd do with something truly sinful... Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Tonight's 'Friday Night ITT Panel
Gabrielle - why??????? what contribution did she make, other than having a new CD out?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:38 am

Yes I thought that the other two overshadowed Gabrielle and were doing just fine on their own! Can't say I've been terribly enthused by the Friday night panels thus far. I think at this relatively early stage of the competition there are too many couples to discuss and it would be better to introduce this feature further down the line.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:59 am

I get a bit tired of seeing AJ's parent's on the Friday show as well. Maybe they gave him a lift in, but I thought the Friday 'live audience' (of around 10 people) was a biscuit thrown to real Strictly fans. Surely members of the dancer's family get free tickets to the main show? Didn't Zoe say that her sister was also amongst the audience on Friday? It's hard enough to get tickets to see the show, without the Friday night hangers-on filling the studio.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Just a rant about the 'Friday Night Panel' Mad Mad

Last night was abysmal - must be one of the worst yet. The comedian guy with his continual 'Buy my Book' was funny to start off with but then I wished someone would just throw something at him. As for the girl from Doctor Who (I think) she didn't know once dance from another but had the guts to admit it. So that left Sarah (can't remember her name) who was really good, obviously knew her stuff and made some great comments, in spite of the others being there - I wanted to listen to her. The show must really get its act together with this spot I think - if they can't get 3 genuine fans then just have one person commenting or two who know their stuff. They must know that this show is watched by the hard core fans who expect a bit more, especially as these people are being paid to be vapid. Honestly...……..we could do better couldn't we Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:36 pm

spot on mauve. It was an appalling Friday night panel yesterday, (and it's becoming a weekly waste of time).  Evil or Very Mad

That bloke with more ego than sense - Zoe should have shut him up. He was verging on being disrespectful to the celebs by completely disregarding them. Commedian? Don't think so. Funny - Not a chance. Love Island? Who cares; yet another meat market. Book plugging - definitely.
All 3 kept mentioning the music rather than the dances or training room footage. Get some musicians in. At least they can discuss the music with intelligence.
The worse thing is they've got two more 'Love Island' people booked for a few weeks time - complete waste of time. Who are these people? Throw the flotsam and jetsam back. I might not bother watching on Friday's for much longer.

And look who was in AJ's training room this week - his dad. Featured yet again on AJs VT and Friday's ITT. What is it with him?  Is his dad helping with choreography? Do we have to see AJs parent's every Friday? Bor-ing.

ITT management - Get it sorted before you lose any more real fans Mad Next time, it's Lemon Thread time
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:45 am

B4p wrote:spot on mauve. It was an appalling Friday night panel yesterday, (and it's becoming a weekly waste of time).  Evil or Very Mad

ITT management - Get it sorted before you lose any more real fans Mad Next time, it's Lemon Thread time

I'm so with you both...really disappointing and they should definitely have us on instead. Even more annoying is that the Dr Who woman was in the front row last night- what a waste of a seat! Evil or Very Mad  more like the Beeb publicising its own programmes rather than booking someone who loves the show (ITT) or connected to the celebs (main show)...at least Shirtslinger was in the Pussycat Dolls
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:15 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:at least Shirtslinger was in the Pussycat Dolls
yes, I don't mind that, and her song was being used by one of the couples (AJ & Lauren) so that's perfectly justified.

I know Zoe is a Love Island fan. I wonder if she has any input into the guest list?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:30 pm

I don’t care who is on the Friday panel as long as they have an interest in the show as a fan or at the very least have done their homework as Alfonso did. It’s insulting to have people on it with no knowledge or interest in the show. Save the plugging for daytime TV and Graham Norton.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Loved Jason's jive masterclass last night and weren't Luba and Johannes fab? I might have to rewatch and try and learn the steps properly.
I think I'm a bit like you D &P I love a good old boogie but I'm not sure that having to do it in any sort of specific order or shapes would suit me at all Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:11 pm

I find Johannes very watchable as a dancer. His part in the Halloween Day of the Dead Samba was a notch above some of the other male dancers.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Oh Lordy.... We started the Halloween shenanigans a week on Sunday last. Then we had the actual Halloween show last Saturday  But was it over?  was it heck...  We've had to endure Halloween for another three nights on ITT. That makes an 11 day festival.  It's too much.  WAY to much.

It's the first of November today.  Can we get on now?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 am

Where I live, we are so multi cultural we have at least 3 months of fireworks (often starting in October) instead of just one day. The Christmas lights go up in October for Diwali and stay on til the new year. We have the end of Eid, Diwali, Halloween, Bonfire Night, Chinese New Year, Regular New year and anybody's birthday or wedding in between. No wonder the animals are nervous wrecks! Rolling Eyes
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Another 'stuffed shirt' on the sofa tonight - who on earth was that 'Love Island' person who said nothing???? Evil or Very Mad and how much did he get paid for accompanying his vacuous girlfriend? - who at least did make a few contributions. Hooray for Rufus Hound as always - some very interesting comments particularly about Mr Clifton and whether he will 'out concept' himself this weekend - very possibly I think. I really like the song 'New York State of Mind' but it could almost be a contemporary n umber or even theatre jazz - don't think it is quite 'street' as we know it ……….still, who knows - as a 'proper' 10 dancer it will be interesting to see Kev dance something different - and different from his usual repertoire that he brings out and slightly alters every year (no offence meant) Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Thank goodness for Rufus Hound. Get Vernon on with him, and ditch the rest. Even Frankie seemed nervous of upsetting anyone. Nice to see Trent's still around. Great to see Vincent & Rachel's AT Tango again although I couldn't find where to vote for it on the Beeb website.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Fireworks. Can that be classed as a swear word? I was a child once, honestly, and liked fireworks and bonfire night. No, not bonfire fortnight but just one night. Now, I have a little dog who is terrified out of his wits. The lunacy started tonight and lasted for three solid hours and it's three days away from November 5th yet.. Where is the money coming from? Not looking forward to Strictly tomorrow and I'll probably have to watch it recorded, probably while I'm eating my Christmas Easter egg. Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 pm

I would've much preferred the insightful Rufus Hound as a solo Friday panelist. No idea who the Love island people were, but their lack of interest in Strictly was pretty clear Mad

I noticed Rufus's comment about over-layering concepts touched a bit of a raw nerve with Kevin, so it'll be interesting to see how his choreography pans out. Personally I'm not sure why Kevin feels the need to add an 'extra twist' to a dance which is brand new to Strictly this year. But anyhow, time will tell.

Oh dear Tango, I commiserate. I remember my dog used to shake with fear at every firework. Now he's in his late teens and completely deaf, so just sleeps through them thank goodness.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:02 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Fireworks. Now, I have a little dog who is terrified out of his wits. The lunacy started tonight and lasted for three solid hours and it's three days away from November 5th yet.
I put onto another thread that in my town, the fireworks start in October, and go on until mid January. That's the reality of living in a multicultural city. The lights go up in time for Diwali (now the largest in Europe I believe) and stay up til after the Chinese New Year. That's not including the world and his wife's birthday parties, and any weddings at a nearby popular wedding venue. I long for the days of the gentle sparklers, fountains, and Catherine wheels. Today it seems to be industrial rockets, bangers and not much in between.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:11 am

Yes yes yes to all the above- Rufus every week on Friday panel, maybe Marian would be back to her old self alongside him and Vernon, saying what we all think.
And I'm with everyone re fireworks...out of my four moggies one is so old and deaf he's not bothered, the next one is definitely bothered and skulks right under my arm, the two youngsters don't seem to be affected, this will be their second bonfire season ( I hate the fact that it goes on for so long Evil or Very Mad ) but my poor doggle has become very distressed by them over the last few years. Last night I was watching Back to the Future so I turned it up quite loud and the sound disguised some of the fireworks noise. My son is playing a gig on New Year's Eve which we would love to go to, but I can't leave the fur babies who will be scared out of their skins come midnight.

Oh dear are we becoming the grumpy old guts forum?! Smile
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:50 am

cheers  Chloe on choreography corner.  There's something so down to earth and likable about Chloe, and I'll bet she's a fabulous teacher. Just why they never employed her on the main show is a mystery.

On a different subject, I commented on the Honesty thread....Ruth, Debb-eh and Mollie would be my dream Friday panel.  Seeing them in the audience on Saturday, I found myself missing the characters from last year. Apart from maybe Graeme I haven't found myself stirred by any of the back-stories or personalities this year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Fireworks. Can that be classed as a swear word?  I was a child once, honestly, and liked fireworks and bonfire night. No, not bonfire fortnight but just one night. Now, I have a little dog who is terrified out of his wits. The lunacy started tonight and lasted for three solid hours and it's three days away from November 5th yet.. Where is the money coming from? Not looking forward to Strictly tomorrow and I'll probably have to watch it recorded, probably while I'm eating my Christmas Easter egg. Evil or Very Mad

It's not only dogs and other animals Tango. I suffer greatly at this time. I was nervous of them as a child (compounded by warnings on Blue Peter accompanied by children who had been horrifically maimed the previous year) but tried to rationalise them as I got older. But in the process of this I discovered they were made of ...GUNPOWDER!!. And that was it. The thought of explosives whizzing over my head fills me with untold panic and fear and I have to shut myself in for the duration. Nothing can convince me they are safe. NOTHING! I tought I was safe this year as I thought the celebrations would be on Saturday, and you have to travel five miles to the nearest display in Eskdale. But I moved to Langdale yesterday - the actual Day - and there was all manner of bangs and whistles and fizzing and whizzing. I feel for pets, but also the wildlife who really can't get away. Also, this morning all the smoke has been trapped int he damp cold and we have strange, misty (but not actual mist) atmosphere looming overhead - it's very disquieting.

Halloween went on for 11 days in Strictly land -I am hoping the celebration of the Gunpowder Plot may now have passed safely after just three...

Oh, who'm I kidding?! pale pale pale
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
It's not only dogs and other animals Tango. I suffer greatly at this time. I was nervous of them as a child (compounded by warnings on Blue Peter accompanied by children who had been horrifically maimed the previous year) but tried to rationalise them as I got older.  But in the process of this I discovered they were made of ...GUNPOWDER!!.  And that was it.  The thought of explosives whizzing over my head fills me with untold panic and fear and I have to shut myself in for the duration. Nothing can convince me they are safe. NOTHING! I tought I was safe this year as I thought the celebrations would be on Saturday, and you have to travel five miles to the nearest display in Eskdale.  But I moved to Langdale yesterday - the actual Day - and there was all manner of bangs and whistles and fizzing and whizzing.  I feel for pets, but also the wildlife who really can't get away. Also, this morning all the smoke has been trapped int he damp cold and we have strange, misty (but not actual mist) atmosphere looming overhead - it's very disquieting.

Halloween went on for 11 days in Strictly land -I am hoping the celebration of the Gunpowder Plot may now have passed safely after just three...Oh, who'm I kidding?! pale pale pale

I truly feel for you D&P. It's all got way out of hand. My wife saw an article yesterday where a poor horse was so terrified it ran amok and twisted it's stomach so badly it had to be put down. I never wish ill really on anyone...but.....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

My wife saw an article yesterday where a poor horse was so terrified it ran amok and twisted it's stomach so badly it had to be put down. .

Oh my god - that's so awful. Really upsetting. I saw a video of a greyhound which just couldn't stop convulsing with fear and panic at the sound fireworks. And I'm sure there are other unreported incidents or those involving wild ceatures. I have no idea why any sane human would want to mess around with gunpowder in the first place, and given the havoc it wreaks that they would shy away because of the consequences. Anyway least Strictly doesn't have a Guy Fawkes theme night....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next