Go down

Who's for the 2018 SCD Bench?

Post  B4p on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:08 pm

I don't mind AJ or Pasha for the males, or Karen & Amy for the females
B4p

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's for the 2018 Subs Bench

Post  mauveangel09 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 pm

Any of the new female pros from last year or Mrs Clifton. I think Pasha's not been dealt a good hand in terms of contestants in recent years would like to see him shine again with someone who has potential.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's for the 2018 SCD Bench?

Post  B4p on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:27 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Any of the new female pros from last year or Mrs Clifton.  I think Pasha's not been dealt a good hand in terms of contestants in recent years would like to see him shine again with someone who has potential.  
I suppose Pasha's been a winner with Caroline Flack, so he was due a duffer for at least one season. I'm guessing Katya will be in that position as well this year. Will one of the new pros get a ringer? Will An ton be type cast yet again?
B4p

Back to top Go down

RE: Whos for the 2018 Subs Bench

Post  mauveangel09 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 pm

B4p wrote:
I suppose Pasha's been a winner with Caroline Flack, so he was due a duffer for at least one season. I'm guessing Katya will be in that position as well this year. Will one of the new pros get a ringer? Will An ton be type cast yet again?

I think P asha has had a bit of a run of bad luck - I don't think it could have been predicted that Chizzy  (lively lady and Holby City stalwart) would exit first last year.

For me, I'm not sure that there's a natural/obvious choice for A nton this year?  I actually think he has moved away from the pantomime dame stuff in recent years and been a bit more clever with the comedy. Lesley Joseph gave it her best and I thought that Ruth was quite competent last year - they gave me two of my most memorable routines of the series last year which was the Samba and the paso doble that they did.

Not sure whether they will give a brand newbie a ringer??   Not sure of the stats from immediate past years but who knows? What do others think?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Luba has sent a tweet saying that she isn't having a celebrity partner this year. She choreographed some of last years pro dances so it would have been interesting to see what she came up with for a celeb. Wonder if she'll be in the Christmas Special?
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Neil's tweeted he has no celeb partner this year - AGAIN! Gutted.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Johannes has also been benched. I can't understand that. I thought they needed a tall dancer to replace Brendan. I was so looking forward to seeing Johannes dance.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Who's for the SCD 2018 bench

Post  mauveangel09 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:25 pm

So all the 'usual suspects' have celeb partners...…………… what's their problem with giving Neil a go? Mad Mad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:07 am

mauveangel09 wrote:So all the 'usual suspects' have celeb partners...…………… what's their problem with giving Neil a go? Mad Mad
There's a huge wave of support for him on twitter. I hope he doesn't do a Chloe and leave. He's not a happy-chappy and I don't blame him.
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Neil tried to be very upbeat in his Twitter video but I bet he's cross. I really hope he gets a major role to play in ITT- I thought he was fab last year. I never tire of seeing the pros demonstrate the footwork and techniques of each of the dances and I feel it helps me appreciate what to look for as an armchair judge.

I get the feeling that with the types of celebs and changes in pros it's going to feel a bit different this season...just a feeling and I could be wrong, and time will tell whether it is unfounded and whether it will be for better or worse
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm gutted Neil got ousted and no partner grrrrrrr. ... Really think Neil should have a presenting role alongside Zoe as a token of goodwill by Auntie Blundering BeeB.... If that musicality Director is the same one from last year pooh my heads will roll....
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down