Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing on ice 2019.

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dancing on ice 2019.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing on ice 2019.

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Ref your comments above Mauveangel, I said to my wife that Melody had blown it by going for too many lifts when the judges were looking for skating ability. I was certain she had lost and so it proved. Elegant and attractive as their routine was, too much of it was spent with her airborne. She should still have been in rather than Brian in an ideal world, but T.V is never that.
Good luck to the remaining four and like most I'm sure, I'm seeing James or Wes taking it. Should be a grand finale.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Great show again, really enjoyed the history theme and the costumes/staging. Brilliant skating by James and Wes, I imagine the winner will be one of those two. I was confused by Melody's skate off routine which seemed to be 90% lifts. It left the judges with no option but to choose Saara, but what a big mistake by Melody's partner.

I noticed Ian Waite in the audience, and he'd been in James' VT the week before. I'm hoping that maybe he'll be a contestant next year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm

After reading that queen diva is being at the final, I'm seriously tempted not to watch it and fear it being spoiled by that attention seeking nuisance woman's daily attempts at notoriety. She gets more media time by the stupid red-top press and her silly fans than the football pages. Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Dancing on ice 2019.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing on Ice 2019

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 pm

I feel the same way as you about her Mr T Evil or Very Mad and a bit of Sleep too!

However, I expect that it is like SCD - the producers don't have any choice about inviting back all the series contestants on finals night. Let's hope her appearance is brief and that she doesn't get a chance to upstage what is surely to be a great final! Looking forward to the semis tonight...………... Smile Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 am

Semi final was a totally brilliant and highly enjoyable show. Great shame for Brian McFadden as, until his fall, he was really pulling the stops out and may have done enough to beat Saara. Everyone did really well, Sara was much improved, Wes was really great, but it was James's night tonight; two perfect 40's speaks for itself. The whole show was terrific, the lighting and scenery totally spectacular and the pros  in great form. James has gone from a top class ballroom dancer to a really spectacular ice skater and for me is a clear cut winner. Wes will push him, but barring something extraordinary, it's his title.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:31 am

I agree, a really high quality and entertaining semi final, and I thought James deserved his top scores. Unlike last year when Jake didn't really have any competition, I think Wes is a very worthy rival and will give James a run for his money next week. I'm so looking forward to watching them interpret the Bolero (assuming they both get through to the final two).
A sad exit for Brian, although in my opinion Saara's skate-off was a tiny bit better even before Brian's fall. Evidently Jason and Ashley were intending to save Brian, and it would've been interesting to see if Chris and Jane went for Saara.

Apart from Gemma's attention-seeking behaviour it's been a thoroughly top class series, and has filled Sunday evening in the way that Strictly filled a Saturday. I'll be sad when it's over.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Totally agree with you both - brilliant show last night - what a pity not more of our forum members have picked up on it this year?

Interesting to read your comments Jingle about Ashley and Jason planning to save Brian - I was so sorry about how it ended for him because he has improved so much over the last few weeks and was having a great time last night. As the judges said, he is so good at the characterisation. I think if he hadn't fallen it would have been a difficult one - style over substance almost - Saara is the pole opposite of Brian, a good technical skater but not always so good at the interpretation side of it and not the most elegant of skaters, although come to think of it Hamish isn't either.

At the end of the day she might not be the complete package but I think the right person got through. Brian has benefitted from the popular vote over the weeks - not that it should take away from his improvement. I must admit I was quite disappointed in Saara's first routine and in particular the solo skate, but I loved the second routine and the skate off was the skate off...…….

So to Wes and James - what excellent performances they gave. I was surprised that Wes's first routine didn't get a higher score and I kind of agreed with the judges on the second routine - it was great but a bit clinical and a bit 'lifty' if that is the right word! Whereas what can be said about James that hasn't been said already - I was cheering at every opportunity and each routine really was pure 'Dancing on Ice' - when he did his solo skate it reminded me of the John Curry style. It really was his night in every respect and I loved his tribute to O la.

I don't mind saying that I've not particularly liked James in recent years - a lot of carping at SCD and appearances in dodgy reality shows, but this show has turned pure gold for him and I have fully regained my respect for him to the point that on reflection he was booted out of SCD before his time and it makes me hanker for the 'old' pros on SCD. As he said himself to the judges, it is a great accomplishment for a dancer towards the end of his career to find new inspiration and learn a new skill that he can obviously do brilliantly.

it's going to be a great final...………………...

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Just popped back to say what a humdinger of a show the Final Dancing on Ice was. James Jordan rightly won a very close battle with Wes Whatsit after Saara was eliminated from the Bolrero. Superb and faultless skating from both, but James had the edge. A truly smashing end to what, after early set-backs was a really great series. Well done the producers. Superb in every way. Best one ever.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi Mr T

I second everything you have said - what a great show and a great final it was. I was so happy that James won, it was well deserved and I actually really enjoyed that Argentine Tango on ice -they really tried to make it authentic with the ganchos etc and I think it must have been so hard to get right. I have to say I also enjoyed what Wes did last night, I found his bolero mesmerising and I really thought it could have been either of them to win - what a close fought battle! Very Happy Very Happy

Thoroughly enjoyed the routine by T+D - I just wouldn't think that they are the age that they are unless I knew it. Add in the fantastically talented pro skaters under the direction of the sublime Dan Whitston and you have what turned out to be a winning formula.

I must say I had a few reservations about some of the early eliminations and also the GC fracas - I'm so glad that it didn't spoil the series. From a shaky rebirth last year the show has morphed into something special and I've totally enjoyed it. It's a shame that not more of our group have picked up on it?

Hope we're going to hear from Jingle? Very Happy Very Happy Anyway, I will pop back to see

In the meantime - as always Mr T and Jingle it has been great to converse with you about DOI
Anyway - Formula One beckons now and I hope everyone has a lovely Spring and Summer sunny sunny and before you know it we will be back with SCD!!! bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers flower flower

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 am

Nothing to add to your reviews - what a fabulous final! I was a little dubious about Saara getting two sets of perfect scores, but thought both Wes and James were brilliant. Would've been happy with either of them winning, but I'm glad James did in the end, and am hoping that it encourages other ex Strictly-ers to take part.

Yes, I agree with you about Dan Whiston Mauve - his choreography of the group routines has been fabulous, I enjoyed all of them. And seeing T & D skate again an added bonus.

Only downside....there'll be a gap on a Sunday evening now Crying or Very sad

Anyhow, been great to have the two of you to converse with.  I guess it's not too long until we start hearing more rumours of Strictly contenders....
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers flower flower

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2