Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tartan Lounge has arrived

+30
saxonsiren
Twirlie
IAmFullOfWonder
gingercodgers
Littlebear
1superken
CaledonianCraig
MissingLilia
ChrissyAnne
Poppetlovestango
Maya53
Doll16
Lucielle
salsarae
MrsArcanum
Al
vonee21
hatlady28
dancingsunshinequeen
B4p
kate
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklysheila
tanolatino
lualen
Papillion1970
hellcatinheels
Inanna
Sadiesamba
allsewnonbyhand
34 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  sparklysheila Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi everyone - popped in for a hot chocolate and some afternoon energy!

Hope you're enjoying yourself up in the frozen north Twirlie

- see the sun does shine on the righteous The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 2 Mosking
sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm

sparklysheila wrote:Hi everyone - popped in for a hot chocolate and some afternoon energy!

Hope you're enjoying yourself up in the frozen north Twirlie

- see the sun does shine on the righteous The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 2 Mosking
lol!
Enjoying a ham and peas pudding bun right at this moment, sparklysheila. Yum! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Twirlie wrote:Enjoying a ham and peas pudding bun right at this moment, sparklysheila. Yum! Very Happy

Food of the Gods indeed! Cool
sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:36 pm

hellcatinheels wrote:Good morning Papillon....*stretches*

Brrrrrr it is freezing here in Kent too. But hubby had to leave for work at 5am, so I had the duvet to myself for 2 whole snuggly hours. Shame I have to go to "dat London" today for a meeting, and can not seek sanctuary in my car. It also means I have to dress smart, and not as a warm and cosy michilin woman:P

Welcome hellcatinheels ! Great to have you on board. flower Sounds like you have a very posh job, getting doled up for a meeting in the Big Smoke Exclamation Fortunately I have done my stint in London and have now retired gracefully to the South Coast. sunny Where abouts in Kent do you live. My husband's brother and wife live in Chistlehurst. Very Happy
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

tanolatino wrote:
hellcatinheels wrote:Good morning Papillon....*stretches*

Brrrrrr it is freezing here in Kent too. But hubby had to leave for work at 5am, so I had the duvet to myself for 2 whole snuggly hours. Shame I have to go to "dat London" today for a meeting, and can not seek sanctuary in my car. It also means I have to dress smart, and not as a warm and cosy michilin woman:P

Welcome hellcatinheels ! Great to have you on board. flower Sounds like you have a very posh job, getting doled up for a meeting in the Big Smoke Exclamation Fortunately I have done my stint in London and have now retired gracefully to the South Coast. sunny Where abouts in Kent do you live. My husband's brother and wife live in Chistlehurst. Very Happy

Hi to everyone that has said a nice hello and Razz to those that have not lol. I will pull up a chair and kick off the heels.

As for a posh job tanolatino, naaaah....I am just a HR Manager for a hotel. This means I basically offer tea and sympathy and listen to the departmental managers bitch about each other. However deep down, I want the power to sack everyone lol.

I have to dress smart under the the threat that if I did not, I would have to wear a horrible uniform Embarassed Also, it is hard trying to have a "quiet word" with a waiter that has worn the same trousers for 5 days running, (I know as they had the same strange stain down the front that I HOPE was some kind of sauce), when you are dressed like an extra from Shameless Wink

I now live in a lovely village called Hadlow, which is not far from Tonbridge.

Last edited by hellcatinheels on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Afternoon all just popping in for a quick cuppa please Housewives choice.I've just finished work. What a beautiful day it turned out to be. I'm having a quick chill before the gymThe Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 2 D_training pump tonight then i've earnt my Frankie and Benny's later Wink At least by the time I get in ITT should be on iplayer and i will be able to catch up.

Glad to hear DSQ is OK we miss her Crying or Very sad

enjoy the evening everyone.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey guys...... I love you I love you not stopping cause I still have tons and tons of work to do Crying or Very sad Laughing just wanted to pop in to say Hi and Bye........hope everyone is ok and fit and healthy and most of all happy on this lovely sunny but extremely cold day....well I dont really know how cold it is as I havent ventured out today...... cheers

Right person went last night IMO......well Saturday really......lets hope that the public get it right next week as well......dont care who goes though so long as the Fab 4 stay..... cheers
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:20 pm

What's on the menu tonight?

We're having Moussaka and green salad followed by rhubarb and custard!
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Custard free zone here Sadie

Very boring The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 2 JC-tumbleweed
sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:What's on the menu tonight?

I had prawns in a hot chilli sauce with tagliatelle - yum yum ! No pudding as such, just a banana and a dark chocolate digestive. We're very poor you see and it's so sad. Crying or Very sad

Thoroughly enjoyed ITT tonight. The flying one and Mr Du Beke were sooo funny. lol! Nice chats with Felicity and Vincent and Peter and Erin - erm was there anybody else I can't remember. scratch Oh yes, Alesha was there too. Razz
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

tanolatino wrote:
Sadiesamba wrote:What's on the menu tonight?

I had prawns in a hot chilli sauce with tagliatelle - yum yum ! No pudding as such, just a banana and a dark chocolate digestive. We're very poor you see and it's so sad. Crying or Very sad

Thoroughly enjoyed ITT tonight. The flying one and Mr Du Beke were sooo funny. lol! Nice chats with Felicity and Vincent and Peter and Erin - erm was there anybody else I can't remember. scratch Oh yes, Alesha was there too. Razz

Team Widdibeck were entertaining as always

Wonder what Vinthent do if someone shaved of his eyebrows. Bendy would be in trouble if they forgot the apple and banana too - can't get away from those peskie bananas!

Glad the goalie has gone as he was in danger of becoming like NOT the fabu-u-lus darling one but has the same first name (I can Dance)

I wish they'd get the gaffer tape out and save us from Alesha's dreadful cackle.
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 am

Good Morning everyone. My eldest is throwing a sicky from nursery, complaining of an upset stomach. I lay the blame squarely on hubby as he was left in sole charge last night...which no doubt means my son gorged on sweets, crisps and other wonderful treats that mummy is "too mean" to let him eat unlimited supplies of.

Oh well, I can stay nice and warm, watch daytime TV and give hubby grief for the aforementioned crime cheers cheers cheers
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 am

Sadiesamba wrote:

Team Widdibeck were entertaining as always

I really should finish my coffee before I start reading. I honestly read that as team Wilderbeast. Is there such a thing as Freudian reading?
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 am

hellcatinheels wrote:

Is there such a thing as Freudian reading?

Oh yes. I seem to do it all the time. It's also called having a filthy mind - Julian Clary suffers from the same thing.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 am

could it be the page number Embarassed
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am

Sadiesamba wrote:could it be the page number Embarassed

Sick twisted and dirty minds think alike Embarassed
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Anyone here?

Just in from shopping - ready for a large G&T Housewives choice wherever you are!

sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

sparklysheila wrote:Anyone here?

Just in from shopping - ready for a large G&T Housewives choice wherever you are!

Hi sparklysheila, I'm here Smile Looking after baby granddaughter (19 months old) tonight and tomorrow, so missed ITT tonight because we were having down-time watching In the Night Garden on the bed in the guest room. I think I need a G&T too Housewives choice and another one for my friend here - thanks, you're a treasure Exclamation
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklysheila Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi Latino hope she's settling down for the night!

Mine are too old so I don't know In the Night Garden but I have bought many bits as presents for my nieces and nephews

I'm catching up with ITT now!
sparklysheila
sparklysheila

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 am

Hello - anyone here? No? Looks like Housewives choice's knocked off for the night too! You just can't get the staff...

I wanted to ask are you still only getting ITT 4 times a week in Scotia? Cos I sympathise if you are! I'm not able to watch this week and no internet or iPlayer to catch up on. I might even miss the main show on Saturday!!! Life can be so cruel! Crying or Very sad
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am

Hi Twirlie. You are up late! Or is it early??

BBC have come to their senses this year and give us ITT every weekday. Still have their Gaelic programming but at different times. Smile Smile
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Hello. Is anyone around?

I've been to the dentist this afternoon, so I'll have something warm with a straw please Housewives choice.

Any thoughts on the performances to look forward to / dread for this Saturday?
Ssscott's Viennese Waltz should be a good one, though he does seem to have done mostly ballroom so far. Pamela's Jive looked good in the training footage. Where does she get the energy? I want what she's having!
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Kate.
Sympathy re the dental work. My recorder's not switched on yesterday and today so I've not had chance to catch ITT. I might go and look on the Beeb pages and see if they've got some feedback. I hope they haven't Halloweened things up too much. I was looking forward to some dancing (silly me)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi B4p. Unreliable technology is a bind!
I'm not sure how they can Halloween up a Jive - although Pamela and James did mention devil ears the other day. If it's just a bit of a costume tweak, that won't be too bad. I suppose the swinging capes in the Paso could be a bit 'Count Dracula'. I don't think the Viennese Waltz lends itself to spookiness. I'm not keen on the VW myself - I think of it as the 'Stepford Wives' Dance, so maybe they could go down the zombie route??? I love the Argentine Tango, so do hope Tina and Matt's routines don't involve too much messing about. That said, it is a very moody hot dance, so maybe some sexy vampire / nosferatu undertones would suit?
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  dancingsunshinequeen Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Good Eevening one 'n' all & a warm welcome from me too, to luaien & hellkatinheels, great to see yet more new friends joining us all here in the TL Very Happy

Aaww shucks Twirlie, so sorry I've not been around hun, life kinda gets in the way at times, but hey it's all good, infact exceptionally so Cool

Bit late in the day to comment on last weeks show, seeing as we're almost ready to get those dancing shoes on again....would you believe I only managed to catch up on Strictly & the results show on Monday!!! flipping heck guys, I really must get my priorities sorted out Laughing

Anyway, my top 5 are still the same...how about all of you, still liking your own favourite choices? Has anyone been posting up the judges scores, whilst I've been away?

Last Saturday's looked like this, with the previous weeks in brackets FYI

I want to break free & Jimi ........ 27 - (25)
Blimey how many people turned this gig down then ? & Natalie..... 35 - (34)
Tina & Jared ........ 29 - (--)
Felicity & Vincent.. 29 - (29)
Zsa Zsa Gabor & Robin ...... 28 - (24)
the orange one & Katya ...... 23 - (22)
Peter & Erin ......... 17 - (26)
Pamela & James .... 34 - (35)
Matt & Aliona ....... 35 - (31)
Long legs do not make me loveable & Ian ...... 27 - (24)
Kara & Artem ....... 32 - (31)
sex on legs & Housewives choice ........ 21 - (18)

Hey Twirlie I guess you are smiling now that Peter has been eliminated...I still don't get the voting for the orange one...he has to be the next to go surely....apologies to the orange one fans in here Embarassed

Good to see Uncle The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman back on ITT tonight, & yes Twirlie, now that some of us have digital channels here in Scotland we are receiving ITT 5 days a week, at long last...that was a hard battle we fought together, to try & get the beeb here in Scotland to listen to our appeal, did they listen Question ... Arrow no chance lol! but I'd like to thank all of you who joined me in the fight to get Scotland included on a Thursday evening....4 long struggling years...my word no wonder I'm so exhausted.... Laughing
dancingsunshinequeen
dancingsunshinequeen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next