Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  LOST-TANGO Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Just concentrating on the show in general, it's pretty clear that the GBP will have two favourites already in Mrs May and Jason Donovan. Good performances by both, likeable couples and good attitude to the dance and the show. Remarkably decent performances by most considering it was first night. Saturday should prove real interesting in the marking and voting. Hope Audley copes okay with the latin, but Russel the Bustle's ballroom should be a revelation (one way or another).
Lulu may have a little better luck, but it's either Eggwina Bloomers or Nancy da Lollyoaks for the first chop for me. We shall no doubt soon see. Any views on the first for Room 101?
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Twirlie Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:29 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:Russel the Bustle
I love it! Hope it sticks!
lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:Just concentrating on the show in general, it's pretty clear that the GBP will have two favourites already in Mrs May and Jason Donovan. Good performances by both, likeable couples and good attitude to the dance and the show. Remarkably decent performances by most considering it was first night. Saturday should prove real interesting in the marking and voting. Hope Audley copes okay with the latin, but Russel the Bustle's ballroom should be a revelation (one way or another).
Lulu may have a little better luck, but it's either Eggwina Bloomers or Nancy da Lollyoaks for the first chop for me. We shall no doubt soon see. Any views on the first for Room 101?

Love the name Russel the Bustle but he has put on facebook that he is doing a Salsa in training.
I thought the idea of doing two weekends was to give them a bash at both latin and ballroom.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Oh that's going to be really disappointing if we don't get to see them do both before somebody leaves Evil or Very Mad
Although my mind is pretty much made up on who I want to take an early bath. Nancy D'Italiano and/0r Eggwina in no particular order. Can't stand either of them.After that I'm not too sure yet. There are a lot of grey people that I can hardly even remember and then at the other end there's Anita who I hope can do Latin (if she's got to do it this week?) and Harry and Jason who are my current faves.

Do you remember the elimination game ? shall we re-instate it? (I'll have to look up the couples who I keep forgetting!!)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 pm

I think the grey people get a little bit of cover whilst the 'Nancy De Ollyoaks' (love that btw) - et al, sacrifice themselves - clearly EC is the most revolting and, fans such as us, would wish her away, alack and alas, that usually means we're stuck with her for a while. That said, she does have some competition with Russell the Bussell this year, although, in some whimsical, faraway sort of way, there's something about him ....... can't quite put a finger to it.

Anita, I have to disagree, not for moi, don't really like the overall greyness of her, or the fact that she's horribly skinny, in an over-dieted sense; her hair, in rehersal looks rather Elizabethan, and she just makes the costumes look, well I don't know how to say it, ugly. For me, no matter how well she performs any piece, she will always look half dead, sorry.

Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Anita, I have to disagree, not for moi, don't really like the overall greyness of her, or the fact that she's horribly skinny, in an over-dieted sense; her hair, in rehersal looks rather Elizabethan, and she just makes the costumes look, well I don't know how to say it, ugly. For me, no matter how well she performs any piece, she will always look half dead, sorry.

MsL that's what I love about this forum- we've all got an opinion and respect others'. She's not your cup of tea, but I just like the partnership in Team Dobbin. Russell the Bustle (LOL), well I have to agree with you there, I wanted to laugh at him but I just found myself smiling and clapping instead. Don't care at the moment if he stays a while... Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Something about J.ames rubs me up the wrong way. I've tried to like him each year, but I just can't!

I think Anita & Robin are ideally suited and ever so sweet, and even Dan and Katya gave a good interview. Dan should be pleased he got a couple of 7's as it's only the first week.

K.aren was great as always, but slightly rushed. I'd rather she talked about fewer dances for longer. Certainly Nancy and Lulu's offerings didn't really warrant any discussion because they barely performed any of the choreography they were given!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 pm

I agreed with Karen Hardy's comment that she hopes they don't just pantomime Russel the Bustle and give him a chance to dance. He may just surprise. Eggwina, the laughing assasin, reminds me greatly of a woman I used to work with; all "hail fellow well met" on the surface and false as a three bob note behind backs. A real Pina Hemlock queen. I doubt she can dance round a maypole. I may be proven wrong, of course. Prejudiced, me? Never. Very Happy
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:15 am

My impression of Eggwina from her years in politics: one of those uber-confident individuals who lacks the ability or judgement to back it up. Nothing I've seen so far on Strictly has altered my opinion of her, although it's early days yet. I wouldn't mind at all if she's first out the door. As others have said, Nancy's the other obvious candidate, but I'm still kinda curious to find out whether she can dance a few steps. Rolling Eyes

I can see what MsL means about Anita's hair looking rather Elizabethan - looks damaged by years of heavy-duty styling to me. But I liked her performance on Friday, so she gets a thumbs up from me at the mo. She and Robin hinted that they might be using a Queen song at some stage, so I've been trying to have a guess at which one. My personal choice would be 'Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy' for a Quickstep - I think there's a Noel Coward-esque feel to the song, and a bit of contrast between fast and slow sections that could work quite well. Maybe 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' for a Jive would work? I hope they don't keep labouring the Queen connection all the time, though. Anita's a celeb in her own right to anyone like me who was a Den & Angie fan back in the 1980s.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 am

kate wrote: She and Robin hinted that they might be using a Queen song at some stage, .

Memory not on track this morning, but Brian May did a Spanish guitar solo on the (I think) Queen's Greatest Hits album. Very upbeat and driving. Would be great for a paso-doble IMO.

Edit. Here it is. Jump to about 3 mins in. Sure they couldmix this up tomake a great dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CobmlcsSOpQ&feature=related

Last edited by LOST-TANGO on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am

It'll be 'I want to break free' with the roles of the dancers reversed. I'm going for Jason dressed as Roger Taylor.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Strictly Queen - good idea

Freddie - Fl avia
Brian May - Bren dan wearing a curly brown wig
Roger Taylor - Ja son in a long blonde wig
John Deacon - Ja mes in a long brown wig
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:48 pm

sparklypink wrote:I think that Zoe is the best possible choice to present ITT. She's had years of experience at presenting live TV shows, and was also a really good contestant on Strictly - she should have won that series, imo.
I agree on all your points. They needed a seasoned presenter, and one who knew about Strictly. Natasha is too highbrow/serious/po-faced - Zoe is lighthearted and not at all serious (though lacking the lightening brilliant wit of her Claudianess) and is a genuine enthusiast and fan of the show. I was relieved when it was announced she was doing it - whilst no-one can take the Goddess one's place, it could have gone to someone so much worse. Miranda would have course have been very funny, but maybe a little awkward in presenting such a fast paced show. Clauds makes it all look fun and easy but presenting a short, packed programme takes both talent and experience.

And, oh YES, Zoe is one of the best contestants who was most definitely robbed of the glitter ball. I can't even remember who won that year - that's how much impact their dancing made.

Anyway, having watched two episodes of ITT I would say it is in safe hands until La Claudi returns from passing on her amazing genes (and shoes no doubt...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Like Zoe Ball a lot and she was brilliant as a contestant. I do find Takes Two a bit of a babblefest right now if I'm truthtful. Claudia could handle speed chat but didn't panic her way through it. Zoe sees very concerned with the clock and consequently it all seems a bit rushed and spluttered. I'm sure its because thirty minutes soon flies by, but I'd rather see "less is more" and the whole thing to be a bitless manaic.

I'll also really miss Claudia's crazy dance classes with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman. They were They were as daft as grilled cornflakes but such a laugh. Wink
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:Like Zoe Ball a lot and she was brilliant as a contestant. I do find Takes Two a bit of a babblefest right now if I'm truthtful. Claudia could handle speed chat but didn't panic her way through it. Zoe sees very concerned with the clock and consequently it all seems a bit rushed and spluttered. I'm sure its because thirty minutes soon flies by, but I'd rather see "less is more" and the whole thing to be a bitless manaic.

I'll also really miss Claudia's crazy dance classes with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman. They were They were as daft as grilled cornflakes but such a laugh. Wink

I think Zoe may settle down a wee bit as she gets more used to the show, but she does have a slightly breathless delivery it is true, whatever she does. I just think that she was about the best person that was in the running. Not perfect by any means, but the best contestant we had to step into Her Claudiness's 12 inch stilettos..

I thougth Zoe might still do the dances with His Lionship, although they wouldn't be a patch on Claudia's since Zoe would have to do them straight as we all know she can dance...So no hilarity or crying with laughter. Hmm, maybe best they don't have them then....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:24 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
And, oh YES, Zoe is one of the best contestants who was most definitely robbed of the glitter ball. I can't even remember who won that year - that's how much impact their dancing made.

Quite! I looked it up and it was Darren Gough. How on Earth did he win? She definately was robbed. Colin Jackson came second and OK so he was good. The ghastly show dance may have hurt him. But I always thought it was between Colin and Zoe, not that great lump DG! Evil or Very Mad
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Add me to the list of people that thought Zoe & Ian were robbed!

ITT is always frenzied early in the series, because there are so many couples to fit in.

I think Harry's rather cute Exclamation and he's a decent mover in the training room. I hope it was just first night nerves that got to him during his Cha Cha and that his hips don't seize up each time he hits the dancefloor. I wish Aliona wouldn't be so stubborn though. When is she going to learn that the judges are trying to help her?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 am

LOST-TANGO wrote:Like Zoe Ball a lot and she was brilliant as a contestant. I do find Takes Two a bit of a babblefest right now if I'm truthtful. Claudia could handle speed chat but didn't panic her way through it. Zoe sees very concerned with the clock and consequently it all seems a bit rushed and spluttered. I'm sure its because thirty minutes soon flies by, but I'd rather see "less is more" and the whole thing to be a bitless manaic.

Agree, but as Sid says, it's always a bit manic to start with and eases off as the couples get eliminated.

Hadn't seen any ITT until tonight and have just caught up with my recordings. Was pleasantly surprised by Zoe's presenting, and hope that her "breathless" delivery is just excitement and nerves and she will calm down a bit once it gets going. Poor girl, choking a few minutes into the first show, but her quick delivery of it being a feather in her throat was quite clever, I thought. I also like the way she's able to empathise with the couples, having been there herself, and can join in meaningfully when the professionals are commenting on the dances. So all in all, so far, it's a Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 2 T2009 from me for Zoe.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 am

Im still in denial that Claudia has disappeared! I have watched Zoe and im still trying to warm to her...I feel at times almost trying to copy some of our C's looks and little ways and could Zoe please stop trying to rush her words out! I do think that a double act of Zoe and Pauline Q or Zoe and Sue Perkins would have made it an easier transition!

So im half warming half dislking Zoe on ITT sorry

plus i hate hate the red box button of Karen and Katy it felt as if the old guys from the Muppets had had a daughter each and they were now in a balcony on SCD!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Twirlie wrote:
diamondsandpearls wrote:

Quite! I looked it up and it was Darren Gough. How on Earth did he win? She definately was robbed. Colin Jackson came second and OK so he was good. The ghastly show dance may have hurt him. But I always thought it was between Colin and Zoe, not that great lump DG! Evil or Very Mad

Oh, so THAT'S who it was! I think he won because he had an "amazing wander around Sainsbury's", and let's face it, most of the votes were probably for the lovely Lilia (how we miss her, sniff, sob). ALthough he did seem to keep winning all the specials. Thought he was a heavy footed and handed oaf myself. Never warmed to him. All the personality of a broom handle for me.

And poor old Colin. Personally I could see what Erin was doing - trying to show us that he was so skilled as a dancer that it was unecessary for her to be there subtly leading in any way shape or form. I thought he did very well in it, but he was always in second place for me and that didn't alter things. But Zoe was always first for me and I was foaming when I couldn;t get through to vote for her and then she was voted off (I shall always claim "fix"!).
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  sparklypink Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Didn't DG win the Xmas special as well? They could at least have spread it around a bit, and let either Zoe or Colin win that one.
I think also that it was unfair of the judges to penalise Colin and Erin, just because they didn't like the dance with the props. It wasn't that bad.
sparklypink
sparklypink

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

I disagree actually, I think Erin let Colin down, badly. He had been such a terrific dancer that his show dance should have been spectacular and we certainly know that Erin is capable of excellent choreography, so where did it all go wrong, was she badly advised by Housewives choice, did she just take her foot off the gas, who knows, the only thing for sure is that she won't make that mistake again. As for DG being the rightful winner, I thought he was, when you consider his starting point and how he improved throughout the competition, he earned it, it wasn't handed to him on a platter.

All of the above obviously IMHO. I love you
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I suppose it's true, there have been plenty of cases where the best dancer didn't win. In Darren G's case it seemed it was all about "the short trip to Dusseldorf". Nothing to do with whether he was the best dancer or not. Which he wasn't. I other cases? My God, in the first series, Christopher Parker almost won and he was almost the worst dancer. Natasha deserved to win the first series, although I wonder how far she'd get these days. The standard is a lot higher by the time we get to the final. Of course it was a shorter series, blah, blah, blah.

Jill Halfpenny definitely deserved to win, as did Alesha Dixon and Mark Ramprakash I think. Kara Tointon may not have been an obvious winner last year because so many people liked Matt Baker who was also bloody good, but on dancing ability she deserved to win too. I never thought that Chris Hollins and Tom Chambers were the best dancers though I spent my pennies voting for them both. Ricky Whittle was always better than Chris and Rachel Stevens was miles better than Tom Chambers, but the public never took to them in the same way. (Some people really hated Rachel. What was that about?) Chris and Tom were terrifically entertaining; great showmanship, and that's where they won out.

But DG winning because of "the short trip to Dusseldorf"? Not my idea of a winner.

Sorry MsL, but as they say, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same Smile

PS My apologies for the large amount of italics in this post. It's just the mood I'm in. Think I need to drop into the Tartan Lounge for a quick drink.
PPS How long have we had the short trip to Dusseldorf instead of the j o u r n e y? IloveitIloveitIloveit!

Razz Razz Razz

Last edited by Twirlie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Mslightfoot wrote:I disagree actually, I think Erin let Colin down, badly. He had been such a terrific dancer that his show dance should have been spectacular and we certainly know that Erin is capable of excellent choreography, so where did it all go wrong, was she badly advised by Housewives choice, did she just take her foot off the gas, who knows, the only thing for sure is that she won't make that mistake again.
Agree with you about this MsL - sorry Sparklypink. I shudder when I think of Colin and Erin dancing around separately with their dummies. affraid Colin was a fabulous dancer and Erin's idea lost it for him. I think she was trying to do something different that would stand out - it certainly stood out, but not in a good way. No
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Well, apart from those Bet Lynch specials she was wearing, Zoe carried it off well tonight. The show was really entertaining and promotes Strictly very well. This year's contestants seem to be shaping really well already. The weak links are looking to be Eggwina, Lulu, Nancy tickle my fancy (not mine,and not with a feather boa please) and, surprisingly,and a bit disappointingly for me, him with Erin. Oh yes, Rory Schitzofrenia.

Lulu and Brendon just has to be the worst pairing ever. Lulu's height is pulling the frame out of shape and their chances are minimal for me.

Russel the Bustle will go a fair way. As droll as a pile of ironing, a gayness that makes Julian Clary look like a cage fighter and with a shape like a steak and kidney pudding, he has a magical quality that promotes laughter and the guy has some rythmn to go with it.

Nancy's a bit of an unknown quality but she'll have to shape up rapido tostay in

Rory's moving like he thinks he has to keep one upper body shape for ninety seconds. Erin has a job on. Love her to bits but......???

Good on the big guy. Audley just needs to learn how to get from A to B when not in motion and he has a fair chance of success. Real rythmn for a big fella.

That's it.
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next