Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 16 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  David Tee Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Thank you David. Chinese takeaway?

Of course!!! Sweet and sour pork belly in a spicy steaming sauce. It was delicious!!

David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 16 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  David Tee Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Sid wrote:Oi Oi Dave Cool

Good to see you again buddy.

Colin Salmon is so sexy and suave. I want that man.

Karen is excitable, yes, but also engaging and informative. Wouldn't swap her for anyone.

I would swap the new fashion guy for Hilary Alexander though. She was one of the best things about ITT.

And what's happening to Zoe? A few times now I've noticed her asking couples questions they've just answered because she's sticking rigidly to her cards and/or not listening to what she's just heard (tonight it was Natalie talking about timing). A bit more spontaneity and flow please Zoe.

Oi Oi Sid - nice to hear from you and I hope all is well.

I am not in the least bit surprised that you have hitched your wagon to Monsieur Salmon's. Of all the contestants I think he is the one who is most likely to surprise over the coming weeks. Kristina deserves a top 3 slot this time round and I genuinely think he's capable of delivering that.

I miss Hilary. AND Redcurrant's ongoing analysis of her sexuality.

I agree that Zoe appears to be misfiring. She's riffing on what she's already done and I get the impression she's actually not listening to her guests. Big mistake.

Just a few other comments....

James is in with a shout this time round. I honestly (honestly) think this entire series may come down to a test of his skill.

Brendan and Victoria. Going to end in tears. I'll get 2/11 for that down at the bookies.

Fern and Artem. I'm not interested in how nice she is. Ignore her age, push her hard and get her dancing. She can do it.

Louis and Flavia. Obviously competent, but he SERIOUSLY needs to learn how to connect. Right now I'm seeing the entire Pacific ocean between them both.

I'm loving Darcey. I thought I'd miss Alesha but it turns out I don't. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman, OTOH, needs a P45 fast.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Sid wrote:And what's happening to Zoe? A few times now I've noticed her asking couples questions they've just answered because she's sticking rigidly to her cards and/or not listening to what she's just heard.
As the presenter, Zoe's probably got the gallery folk spouting timings, cueing VTs etc in her ear. In a busy magazine show like ITT, they'll be talking a lot. Could be that she just missed what Natalie said. Maybe it'll settle down when they're not rushing to pack so much into 30 minutes.

In the absence of MsLightfoot, who does Karen Hardy rants so much better than me, I feel the need to note a couple of negatives about Karen's comments tonight:
The dismissive "no" about Colin & Kristina's AT. Very rare to hear Karen dismiss a routine in that way. I wondered if she was thinking back to her glory days with Ramps? Rolling Eyes Amazing that she managed to restrain herself from mentioning him in the context of the music.
Also, saying that Victoria should get the cycling coaches in to be tough with her and get competitive. No No No! It's an entertainment show, not a matter of life and death, and I don't want to watch anyone having a nervous breakdown on my TV, thanks.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm

I agree Kate no cycling coaches that drill drill bark all day orders for Victoria!! Im sure this would ruin her already fragile confidence.Be great see Sir Hoy,Wiggins,Kenny go to training & support her Very Happy. Think to much shoved in a tight programme give us an hour on Monday & Friday!! Not keen re the designer chappie.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm

David Tee wrote:
I miss Hilary. AND Redcurrant's ongoing analysis of her sexuality.

I agree that Zoe appears to be misfiring. She's riffing on what she's already done and I get the impression she's actually not listening to her guests. Big mistake.

Just a few other comments....

James is in with a shout this time round. I honestly (honestly) think this entire series may come down to a test of his skill.

Brendan and Victoria. Going to end in tears. I'll get 2/11 for that down at the bookies.

Fern and Artem. I'm not interested in how nice she is. Ignore her age, push her hard and get her dancing. She can do it.

Louis and Flavia. Obviously competent, but he SERIOUSLY needs to learn how to connect. Right now I'm seeing the entire Pacific ocean between them both.

lol!

I feel the same about Louis and Fern.

No comment about James Razz To be honest, I think Denise is too good too early and that will work against her when we get towards the end.

I don't know what the best way is of handling Victoria. She seems to be quite a complicated girl. In one sense she's steely and determined, but then she's also fragile and can dissolve into tears very easily. I'm inclined to think Karen might have a point. A slightly tougher approach from Brendan might lead to a few tears but ultimately it might be just what Victoria needs. It didn't do her cycling any harm.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm

I guess we all approach these 'armchair psychology' questions from the perspective of our own experience, Sid. In Victoria, I see a perfectionist who puts huge pressure on herself. As someone with perfectionist tendencies myself, I know I work better with a boss who encourages me and tells me when something I've done is "good enough", rather than someone who is always demanding more more more and reduces me to a bag of nerves. I think Miss Giggles is doing fine - she just needs to hold her nerve and avoid wardrobe malfunctions, and she'll be up there with the 'chasing pack'. She looks like a potential quarter-finalist to me.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 pm

A little off topic, but are mens' fashions actually turning to "smart" again? After years of hoodies,
Grateful dead T-shirts and distressed this and that, how nice to see Michael Vaughan and Colin in suits and ties tonight. Michael Vaughan's light grey jacket was really excellent (I want one). Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Bulk bacon is not sliced one cuts it up into chunks.
Do you mean lardons or is it larger chunks ? Your recipe for American baked beans sounds fab.
Sid wrote:And what's happening to Zoe? A few times now I've noticed her asking couples questions they've just answered because she's sticking rigidly to her cards and/or not listening to what she's just heard (tonight it was Natalie talking about timing). A bit more spontaneity and flow please Zoe.
Have just caught up on a backlog of ITT. Zoe wears me out with her manic chatter. Rolling Eyes They're probably trying to make the show quick and punchy but it's not working. Agree there's no time to talk properly to the couples, they need to drop the stupid True or Baloney thing that B runo does - will give more "couple" time.

Probably going against the grain here but I like Karen Hardy - always have done. She's smart, bright and cheery and says many things that I've been thinking, although disagree about bringing her cycle coach in for Victoria for the reasons already mentioned. I think Brendan's approach is right, she is definitely improving and not quite so tearful as she was. We think of these wonderful athletes as super human but they're not, they're probably more vulnerable than us. The vulnerability was very apparent when Kelly Holmes talked to Piers Morgan - quite a revelation and a shocking one at that. I do hope someone is helping her through.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 am

Mr D I agree a real pleasure to see men in suits!! I love a man in a suit & to wear a nice dress when we go out to a lovely restaurant.Its a shame when you sit next to jeans & t-shirts!! Its a treat to dress up & enjoy.Too many people dress down even seen shorts at weddings & christenings.My grandmother used to say a good suit maketh the man!!

So to me a good suit is so handsome

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 am

Lucille, you can use lardons, but starting with a more interesting large chunk of pork is going to add more flavour.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

Who was that fashion guy last night? What was he on?!!!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am

Julian Macdonald....He has been on before.....not so hyper.....I think you are right fiftynotout.....HE WAS ON SOMETHING. Wasn't very interested in what he had to say.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 pm

He gets points for awarding my Jerry best look of the week. At least she won something bounce
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Jerry did win best dress!! I forgot the fancy termhe used for the extra V in the skirt?? I couldn't make my mind up re his character early days.Just seems ITT trying too hard to cram too much content in a 25 minute show.Karen's gloves made me feel itchy!! I have sesnsitive skin & the frilly stuff round the wrist would have been an iirritant!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Vincent had me in stitches tonight! And how impressive was Robin dancing in heels?

Good show all round.

I reckon Kimberley's Paso's going to be the dance to beat at the weekend.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Still like Austin & Erins Paso!! Good show thou tonight!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Sid wrote:And how impressive was Robin dancing in heels?
He's done that before for sure! Cool

Memo to Dani: it's Velma, not Thelma. Velma Dinkley, to be precise. Sadly, I know this fact because my nickname was Velma all through Junior School - due to being a vertically challenged, specs-wearing, chubby brunette. I promise you I never wore a skirt as short as Velma's, though. I've spent the last 30 years consoling myself that it's a good thing to be the smart one who solves the mystery! Triple-decker sandwich, anyone?
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 am

Just caught yesterday's show on catch up- loved it tonight,all bout the dances and couples no silly fillers. Robin rocks!
Kate, you have proved to us many times that geek is good, in a more modern context we always called my daughter Hermione! Very Happy
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Velma always got paired wuth Shaggy!! & Daphne went with barbies Ken!! Be interesting dance to watch!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

kate wrote:
Memo to Dani: it's Velma, not Thelma. Velma Dinkley, to be precise. Sadly, I know this fact because my nickname was Velma all through Junior School - due to being a vertically challenged, specs-wearing, chubby brunette. I promise you I never wore a skirt as short as Velma's, though. I've spent the last 30 years consoling myself that it's a good thing to be the smart one who solves the mystery! Triple-decker sandwich, anyone?

I second what alls said Kate, we value your geek skills!

I must admit, I always thought she was called Thelma too Embarassed
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Well ITT seemed less frenzied tonight!! Still unsure re the new girl Karen!! & James being tough on DvO for her good or a husband concerned re his wife & her mother & he isn't there to support her? Got the feeling DvO not keen on less laughter & being told off!! Danni I feel for this week the training clip didn't sell me the dance.Lisa is bubbly however I still feel footwork,posture etc does need to be polished more.All this excessive energy is fantastic however it cannot replace as The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman often drums the fundamental steps.Victoria looks better & settling down!! Fern sorry im bored now! (don't hit me!!)

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Fern is blanding out for me too Sax. Looks like Artem's doing a lot of work on technique with her, but there hasn't been any pizzazzzz (no idea how to spell that!) with their routines. If it's a nice but unspectacular American Smooth this weekend, they could slip into the danger zone unnoticed by the viewers.

I've had enough of frantic and crazy from Lisa & Robin. Does he think faster is better? Shocked
I remember him doing a frantic Salsa and Jive with Anita last year. Slow down man!!!
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Fern's performances are becoming quite staid and I sensed a bit of tension between her and Artem tonight.

By contrast, Nick & Karen seem to have got over their teething problems and are looking more unified and upbeat now.

Sid's become very grumpy hasn't he?, In his defence, I'd really struggle to perform with conviction and passion if I hated the song I was dancing to. I'd need to be involved in deciding what music to use if a pro was going to get the best out of me. However, I didn't like to hear Sid moaning about his scores. No one likes a deluded celebrity. Regardless of the music, his Tango was rubbish and he deserved those marks and to finish bottom of the table. Suck it up.

I worry Dani's Cha Cha might be a bit too ambitious (though I'd rather a pro push their partner too much than too little). Kimberley looks like she needs more attack & drive in her Paso. It looked a bit ragdollish in the training clip. But I'm still excited about both these dances, along with Colin's Salsa and Louis's Tango (which looks particularly good). As for Lisa - seen it all before.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 am

I've just watched last night's show. Sid has definitely lost his mojo Crying or Very sad The dance off is looming I feel.
Hmmm, I didn't detect any tension between Fern and Artem Sid, although it's clearly been a challenging week-you are probably much better at reading things than me. But it is becoming a bit wallpaper-y, bland and not going to attract the votes.
DVO and James- well it's another smokescreen as far as I can see- they will come out and deliver the goods. In a way i would like them to have a bad week so that we don't get bored with them being good every week. I know that seems a bit odd, but I'd like to see her make some sort of progress and to do that she needs to have her weakness (if she has any) exposed.
I'm expecting good things from Louis and Colin this week- could be smokin' hot hot hot! Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:01 am

I agree Sid looked mojoless!! Just needs to move on difficult with chop & change of partners.Fern & Lisa to a degree fast becoming ok seen that what's new?? There doesn't seem to be much more of a J.ourney there to be honest.Colin im looking foward to his dance!! DvO & James could be smokescreen or James worried re O.la.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next