Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 17 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Lucielle Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:26 am

Zoe has definitely calmed down in the last couple of ITT's - I'm pleased to say - and she is having more of a two-way conversation with the couples instead of rushing on like something demented Mad. I seriously believe that researchers (or whoever) look at these forums and actually take notice.

Agree with all you say, Alls. Sid doesn't look that happy and had a sneaky moan about O la, and now with having different partner it could be his downfall.

I, too, wish DvO would have a bad week. At the outset, I didn't realise quite how much dance experience she has had. I know this is probably unfair, but I really don't want her to win but atm I can't see how she won't. Rolling Eyes The only ones to stop her possibly are Louis or Dani. They are both on their way to Dusseldorf. As you say, Alls, DvO has already arrived at Dusseldorf. Having said that, she does add something to the show.

Fern is flagging. I'm just wondering if she's coping well - she's got children and, I think maybe, a husband who isn't supporting her sufficiently - this is pure supposition on my part.

Flavia thinks Louis does the tango well and she looks a happy bunny, which makes me a happy bunny. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 17 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am

Ooh Lucielle wonder what brings you to that supposition? I had heard somewhere on here before Fern's husband a jealous type?? DvO has had more dance experience than she let on & I feel too experienced to be on SCD!! I feel her j.ournwy is which tv show will grab me first!!
I feel quietly Victoria will bloomm & surprise us all.Lisa lovely however its looking like the same dance each week!! Dislike the dances all over the place too many each week!! Keep it one latin one ballroom each week.

I wonder if the researchers do listen to us?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Sorry to change the subject but did anybody spot Kate's avatar bouncing across the screen on ITT a couple of nights ago? Fame at last!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:13 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Sorry to change the subject but did anybody spot Kate's avatar bouncing across the screen on ITT a couple of nights ago? Fame at last!

During Ian's rundown of the training? Yes Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I'm tending to ignore DVO. But when I read Strictly-related articles in the Mail, I notice at the bottom most the readers who comment complain she's too accomplished already. So I doubt she'll win. I reckon Louis has it in the bag but it'll be interesting to see who makes the final alongside him.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Is there any real proof that DvO has had dance experience? I mean with the disciplines of ballroom and latin? Nicki has disco pranced about on stage we know, but it proved a deterrant rather than an asset at the start. It's a very natural thing that some people feel music, and others just don't (Michael Vaughan), but learning B and L to a high level is an art in itself. Am I alone in thinking DvO has just applied herself to her lessons better than most? This isn't from favouritism, believe me, just an attempt not to be biased for or against anyone.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 pm

kate wrote:
Sid wrote:And how impressive was Robin dancing in heels?
He's done that before for sure! Cool

Memo to Dani: it's Velma, not Thelma. Velma Dinkley, to be precise. Sadly, I know this fact because my nickname was Velma all through Junior School - due to being a vertically challenged, specs-wearing, chubby brunette. I promise you I never wore a skirt as short as Velma's, though. I've spent the last 30 years consoling myself that it's a good thing to be the smart one who solves the mystery! Triple-decker sandwich, anyone?

Velma was always my favourite character. It's always much better to be the smart one that solves the mystery. I always thought that Daphne was a bit dim truth be told. I doubt she had much to fall back on when her looks faded, whereas I bet Velma is still out there running her own detective agency. Wink
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Is there any real proof that DvO has had dance experience? I mean with the disciplines of ballroom and latin?

Not as far as I know, Tango D. She may have had a few lessons as a child, but I think that if she had done more than that it would have come out by now. My daughter works in the theatre (production and stage management) and she worked on a production with Denise VO, so I asked her if she knew anything and what she thought. Daughter reckoned that DVO'd done some reasonably serious jazz/modern training somewhere along the way - said that she was a cut above the usual actors who have done dance training at stage school.

I think that she has some dance experience (almost certainly not ballroom and latin) and that's given her a feel for how dance works that she can transpose onto this. That coupled with good musicality and a strong work ethic are giving her an edge. I guess that it's a bit like Darcy being able to turn out good B and L performances - although her training is ballet, which is a very different technique.

Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Fair enough TS, thanks for that. Other dance will certainly have helped deportment and posture and also musicality. If that's general knowlege then it may well count against her in the long run.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Nooo I missed Kate's avator!! Which day I shall re watch & see Kates fame

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Ty Tina for that information.I recl reading previously DvO had danced before not sure what thou.Mr D you have a point re peope pre judging because the celeb seems on a higher level already!!Guess I did a lot with DvO my marmite apologies just cannot get past that!! I have on Elimination game gave points to DvO recognised a good dance I won't be biast re scores!!

Will the Friday night panel ever come back? I wish it would also the family scoring as they watch the show!!
Mr D are you tempted to create a dance for ITT loving the clips of viewers dances!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:23 pm

I saw Kate fly across the screen. Very Happy

I thought DvO's experience was just limited to stage school but I think she was in Chicago which involves lots of dancing night after night. This experience will have given her confidence to perform dance routines in front of a live audience which is certainly more than the others have had, but most of them are as dedicated as DvO and have put in lots of hours. There's no doubt that she has a distinct advantage over everyone else and that's why I really hope she doesn't walk away with it.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I shall have to re watch ITT again.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I shall have to re watch ITT again.Sax

I've done the homework for you it's about 10:43 into Wednesday's episode Laughing
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm finally beginning to "get" Louis and I think Flavia is too. Hurray!

Louis looked very self assured in the Tango and I think he's found it easier to get into character for this one.

Oh and I loved Mel on the Friday panel. Not only does she make me laugh but she's obviously a genuine fan of the show and seems to take it seriously as we do!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Sid wrote:
Oh and I loved Mel on the Friday panel. Not only does she make me laugh but she's obviously a genuine fan of the show and seems to take it seriously as we do!

I liked her too but I always feel that Larry The Lamb would turn up for the opening of an envelope.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Friday panel always seems a bit rushed and frantic - wish they'd spend more time on that, and less on the pre-recorded interview VTs that followed.
Agree about Mel, it's always nice to get people who are obvious fans (Rufus, Tom Ellis etc) and not just there to promote themselves (endless list here!)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm

I got a bit frustrated with the panel talking over each other tonight. All talkers but not listeners!
I'm feeling a bit flat about Louis & Flavia's tango after the preview, but hopefully I'll get into it more tomorrow.

Thanks for the info about Denise, Tina. I'd assumed she had some jazz and tap training from stage school, and was adapting well to B&L because she has a good feel for music. We haven't seen her Latin hips yet - maybe that will be her Big Challenge?

BTW that wasn't me on ITT, it was my evil twin! I thought Ian's best use of graphics this week was measuring gapping with the pumpkin-o-meter. Genius! Laughing
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I liked the pumpkin gapometer too Kate!! So you have an evil twin!! Ooh will she appear on the show too!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm

HaHa! Don't really... But I am hoping the pumpkin-o-meter will be back next Wednesday! Maybe it will, as that's proper Halloween. Very Happy

One other thought from tonight's show - I was pleased to hear James talk about all the elements of a dance coming together to produce something special - that's what I'm after! He didn't manage it for me with the Toy Story routine because I thought the theme & characters didn't sit comfortably with an elegant foxtrot, even though the song was in 4/4. Hopefully they'll get all the elements to gel with the ideas they've got in store for the coming weeks. I don't think VanJam are likely to win the popular vote in the final (early front-runners don't do that!) but I would like to see what they can come up with in the meantime.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Some interesting stuff online:

On leaving school, Salmon became the drummer in the punk rock band the Friction which he formed along with three friends from Ashcroft High School.[2] The band released a 7-inch EP, a live cassette, and a cassette-EP, and performed regularly around Luton in 1979 and 1980.[2] Salmon also briefly worked with another band, the Tee Vees.[2] Colin Salmon plays trumpet and has his own jazz quartet playing at venues such as the Dorchester Grill Room and at events such as the Cheltenham Jazz Festival (UK).

Salmon is involved in the Notting Hill Carnival and is the dance captain of Fox Carnival Band.

Explains both his musicality, unlikely to lose the beat....dance captain anyone?
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm

He was on the Channel 4 show Sunday Brunch a couple of weeks ago and played the trumpet while they were in the kitchen. He didn't do a bad job Smile
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Love Sunday Brunch!! I loved Something for the weekend too save for Louise Rednapp!!
I think Colin is an all round entertainer!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, I recall him mentioning the trumpet playing and carnival dance at the start of the series (maybe breakfast TV) - so high expectations of his salsa this weekend.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ooh Lucielle wonder what brings you to that supposition? I had heard somewhere on here before Fern's husband a jealous type??
Probably from me. I got that impression from seeing Phil Vicary on This Morning when Fern was presenting and he was petulant, like a spoilt kid resenting something, and it seemed to be aimed at Fern. Her happy disposition though diffused it. I wondered why and could only think that perhaps he resented her position - as some husbands do. When she revealed he had moved to another bedroom, it sounded like he was still in that frame of mind. So pure supposition, but it wouldn't surprise me if she is struggling a little with her personal life.
saxonsiren wrote:DvO has had more dance experience than she let on & I feel too experienced to be on SCD!!
I am coming to the same conclusion.
saxonsiren wrote:I wonder if the researchers do listen to us?
There is strong evidence to suggest that they do read our board (amongst others I guess), whether they would actually change a policy because of what they read, is debatable, but not impossible. Smile
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Seperate beds Shocked That doesn't bode well!! Even if tbe spray tan ruins the sheets Fern may long for a cuddle at the end of the day!! Even when OH & I on night shifts & im an appalling insomniac we did not resort to seperate rooms!! Im not a believer of this new fancy malarkey of seperate bedrooms reignites Romance!! I feel it causes a distance & angst between couples!! I can understand a few hours if for loud snoring health issues etc.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next