Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 3 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Sid Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

LOST-TANGO wrote:Lulu and Brendon just has to be the worst pairing ever. Lulu's height is pulling the frame out of shape and their chances are minimal for me.

It's especially apparent in Ballroom hold - they look ridiculous. And I don't think they're gelling either.

I feel sorry for both of them because they aren't going to get as much out of the experience as they would have had they been paired with someone more compatible.

Russell & F.lavia are a scream Exclamation Also laughed at Anita & Robin's animal noises Exclamation
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 3 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

I really enjoyed ITT tonight. Russell is my guilty pleasure! LOL with the co-ordinating cushion/shirt malfunction Laughing

Anita and Robin are just so adorable- their training didn't look too hideous but it was difficult to see for sure whether Anita can do Latin. I love their relationship. I think you're right Sid, Brendan and Lulu don't even look like they are comfortable together moment both from the height point of view and as a team Neutral

I don't think Zoe is shaping up too badly. There's only one Claudie but it's not a complete dis-ar-ster dahling.

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Interesting to hear that Russell used to baby-sit Claudia! Or did I mis-hear that. Did he used to baby-sit for Claudia. Whichever it is, it's quite cute really. Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Still haven't watched ITT so can't comment, and funnily enough, don't miss it at all, from reading all that is being written on here, there doesn't really appear to be any actual content on ITT, oh, apart from ZB getting control of her breathiness (which she never has, which is why I don't listen to her on the radio), and calming down, (which she also, never has, which is why I don't listen to her and don't watch her).

Nuff said
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:32 am

What strange attire Zoe is wearing on ITT. I'm wondering if she is being told to dress down so as to emphasise the glamour of the contestants, ie. they don't want the presenter outshining the stars. If I recall correctly didn't Claudia always wear dark clothes? Although she never looked dowdy. I do remember, however, when Claudia once presented SCD with Tess that she looked as if she'd just walked in off the street, compared with the glamorous Tess. Mmmm....
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Well I liked Zoe as a contestant, still think her and Ian's tango was the best ever, and as I've never listened to her on radio, she hasn't had the chance to annoy me as yet. I actually think she is refreshing and doing a good job.

I adored C.laudia back in the day but last series was finding it all a bit same old, same old.

I really couldn't do without ITT, that is where I get a better feeling for how the partnerships are really working out, especially from the training room footage. So all in all a big thumbs up from me.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 3 Empty Zoe Ball to present it takes two

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 pm

[quote] sofajudge says
I adored C.laudia back in the day but last series was finding it all a bit same old, same old.

Quite agree and have enjoyed the first week of the show

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Took on board some of your comments and so watched it tonight. Nah, still not for me, could only take five minutes then had to switch off, all too breathy and rushed and luvvie.
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Lucielle wrote:What strange attire Zoe is wearing on ITT. I'm wondering if she is being told to dress down
Perhaps Zoe's keeping it simple so as not to clash with the ultra-bling set. Not sure about the stairs going nowhere - seems a bit of a waste of space. Where's Hatlady? - I'm missing her observations on all things design and detail.

I liked the VT at the end of tonight's show - Russell as Blofeld stroking the feather boa constrictor was fun. Will he keep getting all the best VT bit-parts, I wonder?
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LOST-TANGO Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:05 am

The Chelsee child is shaping up quite well, just wish she didn't have to talk. Hope she didn't pay a lot of money for her lip job, Audley could have done that for free. Lilly Savage doesn't seem too confident, Jason is just the opposite and Mac Wasp is looking pretty good. Usual show clips showing all the bad bits and I think several of them will perform well come tomorrow. We shall soon see. " Points of You" is a waste of air time.
LOST-TANGO
LOST-TANGO

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 am

Not a Zoe Ball fan at all. This year watching ITT on i.player so I can skip through the stuff I dont want to watch and means I dont have to suffer Karen Hardy and many other things Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:50 pm

kate wrote:
Lucielle wrote:What strange attire Zoe is wearing on ITT. I'm wondering if she is being told to dress down
Perhaps Zoe's keeping it simple so as not to clash with the ultra-bling set.
She did step up the bling a bit on last night's ITT, but looked as if she'd raided the 'props basket' and put on any old thing. Am sure she could improve her appearance without becoming gaudy.

kate wrote:I liked the VT at the end of tonight's show - Russell as Blofeld stroking the feather boa constrictor was fun.
I absolutely loved that sequence, the feather boa chasing the pros around with evil intent. (I notice A nton didn't figure, think he must be backstage nursing his ego.Rolling Eyes) I do hope his routine tonight puts featherboa-gate firmly into the archives.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Pssst! Nobody tell MsLightfoot, but I thought Karen's comments were very interesting tonight. And she called Kristina 'Jessica Rabbit', which was my first thought when her leg came through the curtain and she appeared in that red dress. Are we being watched? Suspect
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Actually, I think one of the judges (possibly Alesha) already called her Jessica Rabbit, to be fair, unfortunately for me, I switched my TV on and it went on at BBC 2 and there they were - the only thing that could have made it worse was Edwina Curry sitting on the sofa with them !

Ms Me Me -vs- Breathless - one faux accent fighting for position with a faux shssss sound that ZB makes from time to time when she's trying desperately to be 'one of the girls' - dear me what a car crash - especially listening to Ms Me Me talking about how Brendon 'cares' for Lulu by holding her in the training hold so as not to make her feel vulnerable, Oh My Good God, three minutes worth sent me screaming from the room. How can you stand it.
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:49 pm

kate wrote:....I thought Karen's comments were very interesting tonight.
So did I. I think her over-exhuberance could be nerves kicking in.

Zoe, daaahling, you're doing a grand job but please do something about your hair. Peering through the fringe tonight you looked like the Dulux dog. Razz
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm

MsLightfoot wrote:How can you stand it.
I dunno - it just doesn't seem that bad to me.
Be thankful you missed Eggwina on Monday, who was clearly bewildered that she could possibly have been first to be ejected and not popular with the voters. Now that did make me gawp!
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 pm

kate wrote:
MsLightfoot wrote:How can you stand it.
I dunno - it just doesn't seem that bad to me.
Be thankful you missed Eggwina on Monday, who was clearly bewildered that she could possibly have been first to be ejected and not popular with the voters. Now that did make me gawp!

It hasn't seemed that bad to me up to tonight and I suppose it wasn't the best night to catch it if you are not a lover of Zoe or Karen.
I had more of a problem with Zandra Rhodes + one other. What was the point of being told what colour Alex was wearing last week? Do they think we all still watch in black and white?
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

gingercodgers wrote:I had more of a problem with Zandra Rhodes + one other. What was the point of being told what colour Alex was wearing last week? Do they think we all still watch in black and white?

lol!

I must admit, I prefer Hilary Alexander talking frocks.

Almost a week and a half into ITT and I still rate Zoe. If I can have one teeny tiny criticism, it's that she says 'bless' too much. Other than that, she's great.

Rory's impressions are really beginning to grate. I wouldn't mind if he was voted off very soon.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 am

ZB does the "Aaah Bless" thing on the radio, which is only slightly less irritating than somebody slurping coffee whilst trying to broadcast.
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 am

Sid wrote:
gingercodgers wrote:I had more of a problem with Zandra Rhodes + one other. What was the point of being told what colour Alex was wearing last week? Do they think we all still watch in black and white?

lol!

Almost a week and a half into ITT and I still rate Zoe. If I can have one teeny tiny criticism, it's that she says 'bless' too much. Other than that, she's great.

Rory's impressions are really beginning to grate. I wouldn't mind if he was voted off very soon.

Dont they just, not very good impressions either. Why do these people feel the constant need to do their damned impressions whatever show they are on, they arent needed and are not welcome as far as I am concerned.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 am

I have to be honest and say that I come from the generation that suffered Mike Yarwood and since then have never, ever, been able to watch an impressionist; I find them to be the least entertaining performers and Rory B has absolutely no charisma whatsoever as far as I can tell; of course Mike Yarwood was a cautionery tale, didn't sink into an abyss of personalities and in the end lost the battle with his mental health, I'm sure switching personalties and voices every few minutes must eventually take its toll affraid
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:56 am

Mslightfoot wrote:ZB does the "Aaah Bless" thing on the radio, which is only slightly less irritating than somebody slurping coffee whilst trying to broadcast.

I can't bear Zoe on the radio MsLF. I keep wanting to tell her to calm down. I'm liking her on ITT more than I thought I would though mainly because her enthusiasm seems so genuine.
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:20 am

Sid wrote:

lol!

Definitely bring back Hilary. Sharpish, too.

Loving Zoe (I've tuned out "bless"). The whole show seems to be one big high for her and I'm finding it infectious. Is it too soon to say I've stopped missing Claudia?

I'm so with you on the impressions thing. It's very odd (my old Gran's euphemism for nuts) how the personalities bounce in and out. My dilemma is that if he goes, so does Erin.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 am

I have to say I'm liking Zoe and the "new, improved" ITT.... so far.

Still not warming to Karen Hardy though.

As for Claudia? I simply don't "get" her on the results show. Maybe she needs to move on from SCD and do more current affairsey type stuff (live of course). I suspect she may be rather good at it.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 am

You have to forgive me for being slow-witted and for taking so long to catch up (i don't have a reason/excuse - I just am) but am I mistaken in my belief that Clauds is just taking time out from the daily ITT schedule (ie, the whole of this series) because she has just sprogged and needs to spend some time with her newborn and other bambinos? Or is this it? No more Clauds EVER on ITT??

See, if so, that makes me view ITT differently. I have every faith in Zoe in doing a grand job of covering the maternity leave, but if I think about ITT NEVER having Clauds back I go hot and cold all over......
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next