Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 30 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 am

Ooh never thought of Venus' legs before Mr D! I think Venus would have an hour glass figure do you agree?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 30 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Sid Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

I hope you're feeling a bit less 'fuzzy' today sax Smile x

Mr D - That's a good point. I'm sure Denise didn't used to be so slim. But her legs and hips look quite brittle to me.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Well she proved she's supple enough to get into a suitcase. That's about the only thing I've liked so far in the Vanjam training camp. I see they're capitalising on their most popular dance, the jive as part of their fusion and why not...

I was depressed looking at Russell's stats on hours of training. Louis only clocked up 12½ until yesterday (for four days say Mon-Thurs) that's just 3 hrs a day on average - against Denise's 25½ twice as much. Even Lisa has put in 20½, that's over 5 hours per day. Overall Denise comes out again on top with 326 hours and Dani (surprisingly) at the bottom with 222½ and Kimberley next at 235½. Lisa comes second overall with 299 hours followed by Nicky and then Louis close behind. I just wonder why Louis has trained so little this week. It's worrying.Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 30 350

Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 pm

The Friday panel seemed to think that Louis had the most difficult fusion and the one that required the most emotion. Ah-oh..

James & DvO's jive looks very good in rehearsal and in blends nicely into the quickstep - whereupon James promptly stops - pretending to forget his steps.. Just for that I hope he does.. Twisted Evil
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:Conspiracy theory: That this Saturday/Sunday there's so much confusion that the dance off is cancelled
That's a conspiracy theory too far even for me, Poppet. But if you're right, I'll readily eat my (chocolate santa's) hat. Wink

Lucielle wrote:I was depressed looking at Russell's stats on hours of training. Louis only clocked up 12½ until yesterday (for four days say Mon-Thurs) that's just 3 hrs a day on average - against Denise's 25½ twice as much.
I think it was up until end of Weds, Lucielle, so he could have put in a full day Thurs on top of the figures Russell quoted. But the thing that struck me about the training figures is that it's not who does the most hours that counts, but who makes best use of the time and comes up with a good 'end result' performance. I saw a tweet from James in the week that he and Denise were going to do an 11 hour day in the training room! I know I can't concentrate on anything for 11 hours a day - mental and physical exhaustion must surely set in, stopping you from taking any more information in. Maybe those doing shorter hours are using the time more intensively and keeping energy in reserve for when they have to learn 2 whole dances per week? Just a thought.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Interesting point Kate! Is it quality over quantity? 4 hours spent working hard & not hitting the wall against 11 hours over exertion,getting stressed crabby until you have got to the past caring stage??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Yep I agree Kate. At some point, diminishing resturns sets in and it can be different for everybody.

Also, maybe some of the celebs are better at remembering steps from their previous dances (e.g. Louis with the Tango) and therefore need less training time this week. And I'm sure Flavia mentioned that they'd be doing Rhumba first and then going into Tango rather than mixing the two throughout the routine. I imagine that would be easier for Louis to absorb.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Dani is at the bottom of the table over-all. Michael was at the top. Sadly, hours put in don't equate to success.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes, true. It depends on your starting point in terms of natural ability and how quickly you absorb new information. I suspect Natalie was drilling Michael on routines and timing to compensate for him not having natural rhythm. I wonder how much of Denise & James' extreme training hours are down to them wanting to counter the 'ringer' comments by being seen to do a lot of training. James comes across to me as a bit obsessive about that sort of thing.

On the subject of nerves (the other issue where the needle seems to be stuck), I think it's natural to be nervous before a performance or any such situation where you're under the spotlight - it shows that you care about doing your best. I think it would be a bit weird not to be nervous before dancing on a live TV show - a sign of over-confidence or not caring enough. Change the record please, VanJam.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Sid wrote:Also, maybe some of the celebs are better at remembering steps from their previous dances (e.g. Louis with the Tango) and therefore need less training time this week. And I'm sure Flavia mentioned that they'd be doing Rhumba first and then going into Tango rather than mixing the two throughout the routine. I imagine that would be easier for Louis to absorb.
That makes me feel a little happier. Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 30 T2722
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:39 pm

I think DVO is looking tired. I can't remember what triggered it but the other day about her made me think of SsSssssScccccooooottttt.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 30 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'it takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 pm

I think SSSSSCCCOTTT burned out a little earlier than this LIttlebear...........(I loved his partnership with Nathalie and was routing for him - it was such a shame)...........however I know what you mean- DvO seems to be very heavily made-up recently - she doesn't need all that slap.

Enjoyed the Friday panel tonight with Katherine Jenkins and the american DWTS bloke - a bit more dance related comment. I also liked the clip of her dancing the paso in the DWTS contest - a good traditional paso with spanish music and a spanish costume! I had no idea that she was such a good dancer - I'm afraid I don't follow DWTS so I'm probably showing myself up here. My Mum told me she was a good dancer. I have just watched her show from last Sunday night - I recorded it. I was blown away by the Argentine Tango that she did in it. Mind you - the show seemed like something that should have been shown on Christmas Day - Instead of some of the dross that is put on. Just my own view.............seemed a bit early in December for a full blown Christmas Show. Really enjoyed it though.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Enjoyed the Friday panel tonight with Katherine Jenkins and the american DWTS bloke - a bit more dance related comment.
And they all seemed to know the contestants too.
mauveangel09 wrote:I also liked the clip of her dancing the paso in the DWTS contest - a good traditional paso with spanish music and a spanish costume! I had no idea that she was such a good dancer - I'm afraid I don't follow DWTS.
The clip was extremely good - am off to find the whole dance on Youtube in a minute. I don't follow DWTS either but I think she was pipped at the post in the final.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 am

I agree mauve a good Friday Night Panel.A lot of Christmas shows are recorded way early in the year!! Rick Stein advised it was July when he recorded his Christmas special!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I have just watched her show from last Sunday night - I recorded it. I was blown away by the Argentine Tango that she did in it. Mind you - the show seemed like something that should have been shown on Christmas Day - Instead of some of the dross that is put on. Just my own view.............seemed a bit early in December for a full blown Christmas Show. Really enjoyed it though.
I watched this as well and really enjoyed it, but do agree it would have been much better placed over Xmas, but goodness me that girl has the whole package, voice, dance and looks. Only thing I didn't like was the compere guy. too silly for my taste.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I thought the compere guy spoiled it too, Maya.

Although I like him in other roles, this didn't sit comfortably with me, given the overall sophistication of the rest of the show. Even the 'comedy' routine when she had the guest piano player, still had the element of a 1930s cabaret show in it, and I think they would have been better with just a 'straight' compere.

Loved the dresses, loved the dances, loved the choir and had a real lump in throat when she sang 'Emmanuel'.

Great Christmas entertainment ... they should put it on again over the holiday period!

Agree with all the comments that the Friday panel contributed knowledgeably. Mark Ballas has won DWTS a few times now ... he's a great choreographer... very imaginative and obviously a great teacher. His father Korky Ballas was a world champion I believe?
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Seeing as A.nton was on the red button tonight I wonder if he will be filling in for K.aren on ITT next week?
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 pm

It could be a possibilty!! I cannot concerntrate on the red button & try to watch the dance inbetween shoddy camera work! Why are re losing the couples feet!?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm

lol! at Karen's pro challenge attempt, think I could have done it better! She's been a good addition to the show and I hope she stays next year.
Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Karen's pro challenge was hilarious! She was a good sport. I hope she's back next year.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 am

Yes, me too. I have been gradually warming to her and was glad that at last Nicky seemed able to be comfortable with her in the ITT studio. I'm still not 100% won over by her choreography skills though!

I thought her appearance on the pro-dance challenge was endearing and loved her response to the score she got and her place on the leader board. It was the first time really that we got to see her as an individual, I felt.

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Little Ms Hit wrote: lol! at Karen's pro challenge attempt, think I could have done it better! She's been a good addition to the show and I hope she stays next year.

I don't think she understood the rules exactly. Her footwork was perfect and very precise, but there was no urgency about it. She just had a bit of fun whilst others (like James for example) will see it as a personal challenge to be the best. I think he'd want to win at marbles. Agree the new girl is settling in and has a nice personality. I'm hoping Natalie, Aliona and Karen will be around for a while yet. Housewives choice and Erin may drift off into teaching, shows and appearances etc, Brendan may not be as available once he has family and I'm not 100% sure about Kristina and the Jordans. Don't know why, just a feeling. I think we may see changes for next year.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 pm

TANGOLERO wrote: I'm hoping Natalie, Aliona and Karen will be around for a while yet. Housewives choice and Erin may drift off into teaching, shows and appearances etc, Brendan may not be as available once he has family and I'm not 100% sure about Kristina and the Jordans. Don't know why, just a feeling. I think we may see changes for next year.

I'd like to see Kristina stay in as well as Natalie, Aliona and Karen.

Not so bothered about the Jordans, but as long as my lovely Robin stays in (complete with his weekly buffed up appearance - weekly haircut/shave/eyebrow shape and tint, indeed! Cool ) I'm happy.

I think Anto n has had his day somehow, but would miss Erin ... and I'd love her to win it before finally retiring. Perhaps she could have a role akin to Ian Waite and Karen Hardy on the ITT programme or as stand in for injured dancers?
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I loved tonights ITT!!! Didn't Rod Stewart look well!! A hard competion in guess Penny's pins!! Mind you I still feel Rod enjoyed the legs!! Great to hear Rod's singing on the Christmas Special.We also had a double Ian Waite's helping!! Loved his comments on all the couples.He always explains with a movement of his own! I agree re his comment we don't often get to see DvO's excellent foot work! Maybe a hint to the BBC from fans re dodgy camera work!!
Ooh Vincent so cute I wanted to eat him!!! sorry Sid!! re his pro challenge!! & the eyebrow challenge between him & Zoe!!!! I so long for an hour long SCD!!! & a post SCD show please please Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Awww - Vincent on the pro challenge santa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next