Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 13 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Oh dear oh dear the Ladies are slowly disappearing! What's going on this year? Usama glad she went a week too late IMO! Hairy neck should have gone apparently Gillette are itching to get their hands on him! Well milk shakes mm enough said!
Rebecca stayed out of trouble this week! Why on Dara's show did Usama look more natural with less make up on & hair combed!!?! Much better look!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 13 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  jingle Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Is that the Apprentice you're referring to Sax? I haven't watched it this year, not sure why. Any good?

Pity about DOI - the last series was a bit 'same old same old' so I guess it's not that surprising. Shame though.

Anyone watching The Fall? I'm hooked! We watched some of it being filmed here in Belfast last year (didn't spot Gillian Anderson though). The serial killer is so creepy!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri May 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Jingle!

Yes the Apprentice! I haven't watched The Fall! I am hooked into Hannibal! The actor portrays such a sleek yet creepy demeanour! I have been bored with the tv so we have been watching old series of Spooks! Oh Harrywe miss you come back & waking the dead too! Cannot wait for my holiday a whole month away! Ooh Jingle did you find the book The Dinner? Ive also brought The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry!!!

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm

If the Fall is repeated, do try to catch it Sax, well worth watching. OH is watching Hannibal, he's taped them all so I can catch up.

Agree Sax, I miss Spooks too, even though it got a bit daft towards the end! The episode with the school shooting was brilliantly done though, so chilling.

I recently watched the Endeavour series, hadn't seen it first time round. Loved it, thought the guy who played Morse got all the mannerisms perfectly. Hope there'll be another series (I loved Lewis too, think there'll be one last series of that, and then hopefully Hathaway can get a spin-off series!)

Sorry Sax, I never got round to buying the Dinner...would you recommend it? When does your long holiday start? I remember you talking about it last year, when it seemed ages away! You lucky thing - we're holidaying at home this year, rather regretting that now looking at the weather forecasts!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Jingle!!

Im reading the Dinner this weekend! As OH on a cycling weekend & book club meeting Tuesday! So thought it would be fresh in my mind!!! I brought the Unlikely Pilgramage Of Harold Fry too & I think I fancy that more than the dinner!!
We go 28th June! Busy eating salad & 2 non carb days!! A whole month!! I haved saved Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies, Driving Over Lemons & 2 chic flick books for my reading by pool material! Our last 4 years have been stay cation holidays!!!
Loved Endeavour please make more! Spooks series 5 currently working & series of Coupling!! So funny!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:31 am

Well still got the Voice to watch!! Is it me or are there more medical programmes? One born every minute, 24 hrs in A & E, Your life in their hands, Junior Doctors & now a new one Trauma Centre!!! I don't mind them it beats beatenders & boreoaks & duh o nation street!!
My Sunday night drama I miss

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

saxonsiren wrote:
We go 28th June! Busy eating salad & 2 non carb days!! A whole month!! I have saved Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies, Driving Over Lemons & 2 chic flick books for my reading by pool material!

Not long to wait now Sax, you lucky thing!
OH finished Wolf Hall and Bring up the bodies - he enjoyed them, though it took him a while to get into Wolf Hall. Think it needs a bit of perseverance at the start.

Yes, I agree there's loads of medical emergency TV on at the moment. Shudder! I watched a few minutes of one last week, and some guy came in with his kneecap sticking out the side of his leg. Ewwww, I can't get the vision of it out of my head, yuk.

I never got into any of the talent things like the Voice, x factor, BGT etc. Never watch any soaps either. But I do confess a weakness for Homes under the Hammer!! And I used to love Changing Rooms, wish they'd bring it back. Also the gardening version of it (I can't remember the name of the show now, had Charlie Dimmock in it).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi Jingle!!

Good to hear your OH enjoyed Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies! WH is a thicj book & Im sure Ill take a while to settle in!! Currently struggling with The Dinner the narration element driving me nuts!!
I like HUTH too love the before & after shots! I recall Charlie,Alan & the lovely other man forgot his name!
I don't watch the soaps! I can watch any squeamish operation etc yet I only turn away when they stick needles on arms!!
Panicking about how much to pack!! enough for 2 weeks? We have a washer/dryer! The ferry crossing longest Id have been on! & Ill need travel calms!!!
Ok back to the book

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:43 pm

jingle wrote:

Anyone watching The Fall? I'm hooked! We watched some of it being filmed here in Belfast last year (didn't spot Gillian Anderson though). The serial killer is so creepy!
I've been watching The Fall. I like how the audience knows who the killer is right from the start. I like Gillian Anderson's character. She's a cracking actress.

She who now drives (us round the bend) is hopeless at spotting accents. She gets any Irish accent muddled up with Scots. Tonight she thought a South African accent was Eastern European. Doesn't take after my side of the family. My older brother is like a minor bird. He hears, he copies and mimics like a tape recorder. He cannot read music but can pick out a tune on any instrument by listening and copying.

I've also been watching a few episodes of the sitcom Vicious with Derek Jacobi, a bit like 'I Claudius' meets Steptoe and Son'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:07 am

Well Sax - what do you think of the Apprentice this week?
The Sultan of Bling got the bullet last week.
The boys don't like the girls being PM do they?
I'm surprised that Neil the neck was the toast of the task this week. Even Karen complimented him. Neil and the silver six pack (Miles) seem to be as thick as thieves.
Alex the eyebrows got a lot of coverage, including having his unique salient point (USP) being waxed at the spa when the team won the task.
I felt a bit sorry for Doc lipgloss, she seemed a bit out of her depth this week. Didn't get the boys on board and they ran amok.
Gobby Loo nearly signed her own death warrant. Doesn't like corporate this that and the other... What a put down by Karen. She's certainly on the ball this year.
The one that got away for me was the bespeckled financial genius on Francesca's team. He allowed nearly £400 to be spent on props then moaned about paying for the motivational speaker who was the only good thing about their (throw it) away day. How much did that wine cost?
The phd from planet zogg was busy scraping veg in the background. It's his second week chained to a kitchen sink. How does he manage to stay in so long? I think he must have some sort group immunity, or maybe they don't think of him as a threat at the moment.
Nick was quiet this week. I look forward to his little jibes and wish they'd do a weekly collection of his and Karen's reactions.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi B4U!!!

Well I was surprised Rebecca went! I thought S'Rallen had a soft spot for her!!! I agree Nick seemed a little subdued! Why did Gobby loo get saved? She is doing my head in!!! As for Nick the neck Im flabbergasted with his actions!! Planet Zogg man seems safe behind the sink! He can do a lot of thinking there!!! His my darkhorse for the final!!
The boys do not enjoy the girls as a PL!! Im not sure if we will see a female in the final

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm

[quote="saxonsiren" I m not sure if we will see a female in the final Sax[/quote]
I think you might be right sax. I thought Doc lipgloss might stand a chance but now I'm not so sure.

Just watching the David Walliams 'Snapshot in time' programme on ITV. He's recreating a school photo of a school musical from 1983.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Cr aig Revel Horwood's on Sarah Millican on BBC 2 at 10pm
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Well The Voice has finshed! Im a little disappointed with the result! I thought Mike had a great chance! I did not like Leah's weird rendition of I will always love you! I felt Andrea sounded the sane all the time & maybe that special visual effect of the wings! influenced the votes? William I refuse to spell it the weird day had a quick case of sour grapes immediaty tweeting afterwards the audience seemed stunned re result!!! Why does the BBC allow him to tweet during a live show!
I wish TV stopped letting people who have already had a chance ie the girl from Cleopatra from getting through! I wished we had seen more of the long haired young male from quayer finals & the rex haired almost new Ed!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Im loving Hannibel!!!I feel the characters are spot on Will,Hannibal both oddities both at torment both raging against each other!!! Gilian Anderson does she lnow "Hanniba!" is a killer? Little hints being dropped in!!! Last nights episode wasWill framed by Hannibal? If so why? Did Will realky become the copy cat killer?Will there be another series?!!!!

loved every minute of it

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:26 pm

cheers  Welcome back Sax!! Or should that be 'bienvenue'?  Hope the holiday was fabulous - do tell us all about it.

Haven't watched Hannibel at all, is it a series?  

Anyone watching Celebrity Masterchef?  Ex-Strictly Jo Wood is one of the c.elebs on it ( I can only vaguely remember her on Strictly, was she partnered with Brendan?)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Ty Jingle!!! I had a fantastic month temp every day over 30+! We had fantastic lightening & thunderstorms over the mountains!!! Clos Mirabel a beautiful place views to take breathe away! We had the delight of a bat show each evening,a Red squirrel & lovely resident Owl!! I did not wish to leave!
Hannibal a really good tv show on Syfy!!! worth catching up! Now who will be the new Dr Who?? Martin Freeman? Benedict Cumblehatch? Daniel Radcliffe? Damian Lewis!!!! or a young actor we do not know!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Sounds like a brilliant holiday Sax - I'm very envious!

Re. the new Dr Who - funny that you've suggested Daniel Radcliffe, I was thinking it might be Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). I guess we'll know in a few hours time (though sad to see Matt Smith leave, I really liked him as the Doctor)

There's a mini-series started while you were on holiday Sax, on Saturday nights BBC2, called Top of the Lake. It's set in New Zealand, and it quite slow and a bit wierd but really well acted, definitely worth looking on i-player for it.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Jingle!!!

I had joked it might be Ron Weasley! Rupert Grinch!!! My son said Daniel Radcliffe would be too much like HP in the Tardis!!! I feel he would make a terrific DR Who!!! Omg its almost near

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Who!!!" Omg they went mature Peter Capaldi!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Wasn't expecting Peter Capaldi at all, but the more I think about it the keener I get. A good choice imo, and hopefully there'll be more focus on the alien storylines now, and less on the companions.

Looking forward to the anniversary episode..........
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 am

Im not sure re the new Dr!!! yet! however I said the same about Matt Smith & grew to like his "Dr". The Anniversary special I hope will live up to its expectations!!!!
Will the Lizard lady!! & her maid and the Butler (who I adore) have their own show?!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:21 pm

So far Im happy with What Remains! & new Whitechapel starting tonight & SCD starting again!!!
Also loving The Spice Men! on BBC2

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am

Well, I feel like a bit of a traitor to Strictly, but I have to ask....did anyone else watch the new ITV dance show Stepping Out? Have to admit, it was better than I'd anticipated. I think the focus on real-life couples and the range of dance styles means it's not really a Strictly replica.
Personally not a fan of Davina, but at the same time she is a very good solo-host. Interesting to see DOI's Jason back, as a much softer judge.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Jingle

I missed the series Stepping Out! I would love to see a return of Come Dancing showing home grown junior & senior talent!!
Good to have scd addicts returning to the forum! Loved Whitechapel last nighthad just the right amount of spookiness in it!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next