Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's my news ....

+18
Little Ms Hit
salsarae
Redcurrant
hatlady28
fiftynotout
Sid
BallroomBlitzzzzz
saxonsiren
MissingLilia
Cadiva
Littlebear
kate
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Lucielle
B4p
jingle
TompsHB
22 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Here's my news .... - Page 7 Empty Re: Here's my news ....

Post  hatlady28 Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm

WOW! Many Congratulations! Are you planning a trip with the money you'll now have?
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I think my sons have other ideas!! We are going away for a month in July in France!! Also 5 day trip to Washington!! I would have loved to buy a second home in Yorkshire however another mortgage affraid

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 am

I went to bed last night.....worried..... An American living in this country for a long time, but I have never missed an election. My absentee ballot was posted at the end of September. I awoke this morning just in time to hear President Obama's victory speech. The sun is shining. The world feels a bit brighter. No, I don't expect miracles, I hope against all expectation that both parties will put down their weapons and stop the nastiness. I hope they will work together to solve America's many problems. I was impressed that President Obama spoke about talking to and working with Mr. Romney.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

I was relieved as well, Hatlady but unlike you I don't know why. I was hoping Barack Obama would have a second term but I have no idea of the policies, successes or failures of either party. I don't follow American politics but I did read that David Cameron wanted Obama back in as he has a stilted relationship with Mitt Romney.

I like Obama's family, especially Michelle as she looked so protective and caring of our Queen on their state visit. The gentle hug she gave her seemed so spontaneous even though against protocol. So I am happy too this morning. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm

My news I have the O/s Christmas lights up already Very Happy. Ive got the Terry's Chocolate Oranges!! So far all ok bar this 8-8 delivery slot for today argh.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Im going to strive to read a different genre book each month.The book club threw a few challenges & I want to continue them even if im on my own. I shall attempt a new hobby not sure what thou

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:05 am

Hi all, I have a lot of news! After a long time of being unhappy i broke up with D, and am now with the most beautiful man who i'm marrying in just over 7 weeks! He has held my hand through all the turmoil, and is just incredible.
How is everybody, excited by the lineup?
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:41 am

Oh wow Sals! I wasn't aware you were unhappy but its great to read you've been supported & getting married in 7 weeks! Congratulations to you both.
My youngest son gets married in Ireland the end of February next year! The eldest buying his first house in Oxford!
Looking foward to Tonight's show & even more seeing people back here Smile

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:54 am

Goodness Salsa, that's some news!  So sorry to hear you've been through traumatic times, but fantastic that you've turned it around again. Many congratulations on the engagement, and wishing you all the very best for the wedding. How exciting! Are you getting married in Spain? Do they have a similar ceremony over there? Please do let us know how the plans are going (given your skills, will you be hands-on for the cookery/baking part of it?)
flower

Sax - that's great news about your son - whereabouts in Ireland is he getting married?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi Jingle

My son's wedding in County Meeth! Booked hotel already Trim Castle! Thinking of popping over in October to have a few days away too.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:33 pm

salsarae wrote: i'm marrying in just over 7 weeks!
Many congratulations. Wishing you lots of happiness along the way.

sax - you've just paid your mortgage and you're buying a castle? Sounds like you're going to be busy, busy, busy. Exciting times ahead.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 am

Thanks! We're having a civil ceremony and then a small party, yes i'll be involved with the good, it would be impossible for me not to be involved, the funtion manager in me would be screaming if we went to a hotel! Plus, his family can put together an incredible spread, they're originally from Syria and so it will be a mix of foods with everybody preparing something. Then back to the uk for xmas to have a small party with the family that can't make it.
I'd been miserable and flogging a dead horse for more than 2 years, now I smile genuinely and I'm insanely in love!
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:11 am

Thats lovely to hear Sals! & sounds a lovely Wedding Feast.They do say love strikes in the most unusual places & when least expected!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 am

My latest book An A-Z of On The Buses is making its way through the multiple pre-publication phases. Hope it will be out in a couple of months time.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Ooh now Im trying to work through that Alphabet! Now is A for Arthur!?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:17 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ooh now Im trying to work through that Alphabet! Now is A for Arthur!?

Sax
Ooooh far more complex than that. But the gist is correct. Wink 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh CC its going to be an extroadinary A-Z as comical & as OTT and non pc as the film/tv show!?!!

Sax
ps Karen with make up looked so much better than Olive.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:58 pm

I could stun you with photos of Anna Karen (Olive) as an exotic dancer in the early 1960's. Wow she was hot.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh now I want to be stunned!!! Wink

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:46 pm

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Ooh now she is very different there!! Smile

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Yes and there are other shots (not sure where) she looked so different. For her role for the part she was dressed down and given those glasses to give her a more frumpish look.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am

Hello Everyonme!
Sals,so glad you have come out of traumatic times and are happy and in love!! Lovely news. CC your book all sounds very intriguing.
I have had a busy year, we rescued another Springer in January from the English Springer Spaniel Welfare and he has kept us on our toes! he's a lovely boy but has made us realise how calm our other one is, ( well that is a relative term with Springers!) although now he knows he will get regular walks and mental stimulation he has calmed down considerably. Best of all he has made it onto next year's calendar as Mr February lol!
I am about to lose my last baby out of the nest as my youngest heads off to music college to study trumpet- so glad he is following his dream but the house will be very empty (and quiet!) too much for my liking. But as everyone who kindly helped me through the trauma of my eldest going off to Uni a couple of years ago,will know, it takes a bit of getting used to. You don't have to be Freud to work out the link between getting another dog !
On the bright side- eldest is planning on coming home to study for an MA converter to physiotherapy after she graduates next summer, so at least one of them will be back!
I have become a great auntie (I know, far too young) which is very exciting although my niece lives quite far away so I don't get to see much of our new gorgeous boy but thank god for skype.
Looking forward to this series, as far as I am concerned the only good thing about autumn and dark nights is Strictly...and the prospect of Xmas not too far away!Wink 
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 am

Good to hear from you Alls! Well done to your youngest!! I can relate to empty nest syndrome too.It took a while when the eldest left for Uni then work.My youngest marries February so it will be just two humans,two cats! I will feel a little out of sorts Im sure.However both happy & one could say succcessfully fledged!!
Lovely news about you being a great auntie!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Here's my news .... - Page 7 Empty Re: Here's my news

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Yes and there are other shots (not sure where) she looked so different. For her role for the part she was dressed down and given those glasses to give her a more frumpish look.
I remember seeing her featured in a documentary about burlesque dancers and being really shocked....as you say, nothing like the character she played in 'On the Buses'.

Congratulations Salsarae - I wish you every happiness.

Glad to see all the faces back here again.  Thank you once again for your kind messages about my eye problems last year.  All healed now thankfully but I've just been told that I need to change the lenses in my glasses as the two eyes are no longer working together so it is a difficult prescription - I've just spent shed loads of money at the opticians! But resigned to it now and relieved that I have recovered ok. 

I've really enjoyed the lovely summer this year and we drove to Italy in the early summer -Very Happy  I've been enjoying my two Russian Blue kittens whom we had just got when 'Strictly' started last year -  can't believe how quickly the time has gone!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next