Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else had their post altered?

+29
hatlady28
Pat Shed
lucypops
Admin
ewoodie
annfield
Tipsylily
Twirlie
ChrissyAnne
TashaLouise-KV-*
fc
queendancingowl
TompsHB
MrsArcanum
fkaIgor *LT*
Pink Pinot Girl
133-230-44039-18180-800
Mslightfoot
Mila
Sadiesamba
Dancing Cat
Littlebear
David Tee
saxonsiren
Little Ms Hit
TANGOLERO
Sofajudge
Inanna
gingercodgers
33 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Anyone else had their post altered? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else had their post altered?

Post  Tipsylily Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm new today and am already having problems!

I tried to leave a Chocolate 'See Ay Kae Ee' (had to spell it) for all the newbies and it kept putting Chocolate LINGERIE!!! Good job I previewed before posting!

Honest, it wasn't me! I'm not kidding!

Totally mad!

Tipsylily
Tipsylily

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had their post altered? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else had their post altered?

Post  Twirlie Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 pm

gingercodgers wrote:I have just been to post a reply and can't think for the life of me what happened.

It's a good job I pressed preview first as I had mentioned The Love God that is Leonard "the lion" Goodman by name (just put The Love God that is Leonard "the lion" Goodman) and when I previewed the words Love god Leonard appeared.

Has anyone else had this problem or should I change my drink? Surprised

It's hapened again on preview, I'm going to post and see what comes up.

Be happy - everyone seems to be totally mad here, not least of all the Mods. You'll find lots of things turn out not quite as you've written them - especially names. Part of the fun of the site is in trying to find a way to write them that hasn't been tampered with by our frivolous-minded leaders!

Enjoy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Twirlie wrote:I'd forgotten you'd gone with "of the d'Urbevilles" Daly for T e s s.

I was going to suggest "Gunner Daly" or "Battery Sergeant Major Daly" or even (the perhaps a little too suggestive) "Bang Bang Daly!" Very Happy

In fact I might just go with Bang Bang Daly myself just for the hell of it!
Twisted Evil
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:11 pm

May I suggest after tonight's show, that Michelle looks somewhat like a Barbie doll. A suitable name perhaps? Especially with that giggle. lol!

Last edited by Twirlie on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mixing up doll's names. That's what comes from having sons and not daughters.)
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TashaLouise-KV-* Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:08 pm

I am geting so confused with the changes...

list please....
TashaLouise-KV-*
TashaLouise-KV-*

http://tashaontv.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm

TashaLouise-KV-* wrote:I am geting so confused with the changes...

list please....

Tash honey the list is ever changing and added to at ramdom....but just put a . after the first initial as so - A.nton
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Inanna wrote:
TashaLouise-KV-* wrote:I am geting so confused with the changes...

list please....

Tash honey the list is ever changing and added to at ramdom....but just put a . after the first initial as so - A.nton

Or merely preview your post. The changes will appear there. You can leave them as such or attempt to foil our moderators by inserting spaces, stops, or hyphens. Some will work, some as with Mrs Jordan will merely give other even funnier alternatives. Enjoy! Revel! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TashaLouise-KV-* Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Hahha okay thank you guys!
TashaLouise-KV-*
TashaLouise-KV-*

http://tashaontv.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  annfield Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 am

hi everyone

complete tekki-phobe (& control freak) that i am, this "predictive" wording is making me affraid feel sure that I'll be locked out & told off big style for typing something against every rule going. as long as the powers that be know it wasn't my idea ! lol!

annfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 pm

annfield wrote:hi everyone

complete tekki-phobe (& control freak) that i am, this "predictive" wording is making me affraid feel sure that I'll be locked out & told off big style for typing something against every rule going. as long as the powers that be know it wasn't my idea ! lol!

...or it could be the Powers that be's idea Wink Wink
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  annfield Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi Inaana

how are you ? long time no text !

Thanks for the tips on keeping the names as you type. I know as a topic it's not up there with a cure for terminal illness or an answer to world peace, but I would rather choose to opt in to alternative wording than work out how to opt out.! Sorry, only registered yesterday, and ranting already. I'm a Very Happy rabbit really

annfield

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 pm

annfield wrote:Hi Inaana

how are you ? long time no text !

Thanks for the tips on keeping the names as you type. I know as a topic it's not up there with a cure for terminal illness or an answer to world peace, but I would rather choose to opt in to alternative wording than work out how to opt out.! Sorry, only registered yesterday, and ranting already. I'm a Very Happy rabbit really

Hey Annfield cheers yes good to see you again......listen honey you will get used to the name changes - I find it quite funny - at least the "hold me take me" (the one from Top Gear who is incognito...cant even post his name backwards now - think that backwards is much more appropriate lol) has a SOH and we dont have any 3 minute rule nor do we get slapped for going OT and the best of it is that any trouble makers/WUM's/reporters looking to quote us will be spanked hard.

How are you? Enjoying SCD this year...anyone in particular your liking.....I cant make my mind up yet so havent got any favs......

Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  annfield Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:48 pm

hi again sorry, t'internetty-thingy went down so sorry for delay in answering. re the couples - surprised by Pamela - lovely waltz and very impressive in salsa training. AND.... if she stays the course , we get to see Billy lol! Pamela strikes me as a person who soaks up info like a sponge ;the perfect student - I could take a pattern !

I'll get on a "fave couples " thread and follow up. See you there anon ?

annfield

Back to top Go down

Post  ewoodie Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 pm

TBH all the buggering about with names/words etc gets on my bloody nerves. I can't be bothered trying to work out what some of the posts mean and I wish the mods/admins would remove them.

PLEASE
ewoodie
ewoodie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:33 am

ewoodie wrote:TBH all the buggering about with names/words etc gets on my bloody nerves. I can't be bothered trying to work out what some of the posts mean and I wish the mods/admins would remove them.

PLEASE

Bad day?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:37 am

ewoodie wrote:TBH all the buggering about with names/words etc gets on my bloody nerves. I can't be bothered trying to work out what some of the posts mean and I wish the mods/admins would remove them.

PLEASE

It is as it is. A small amusement for us is all that it is. Bear in mind that we do this for free, in our own time.If it's any consolation (and I suspect it won't be) they will change over time so you won't always have to refer to put a vest on you strumpet or the millionaire Paul-Daniels.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lucypops Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I've just had 'sex on legs' changed to 'sex on legs' in my post!

I'm very very relieved its all a bit of teckyjiggerypokery and not me having one of my moments.

does that mean we can say naughty things and blame it on Creature of beauty and wonderment?

lucypops

Back to top Go down

Post  lucypops Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 pm

should have seen that coming really....deary me.

just out of interest what happens if I say...... Matt Baker
or ..... Kara Tointon?

lucypops

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:59 pm

lucypops wrote:should have seen that coming really....deary me.

just out of interest what happens if I say...... Matt Baker
or ..... Kara Tointon?

Matt Baker and Kara Tointon Very Happy
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Pat Shed Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 pm

2 things, neither strictly connected with this thread.

1. That's a damn big dog. Or a very small person.
2. Doesn't Trowbridge always look lovely in the sun?
Pat Shed
Pat Shed

Back to top Go down

Post  ewoodie Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Creature of beauty and wonderment wrote:

PLEASE

Bad day?

No. Not at all. Reading posts is sometimes difficult because at times I don't know who or what they're on about.
ewoodie
ewoodie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Pat Shed wrote:2 things, neither strictly connected with this thread.

1. That's a damn big dog. Or a very small person.
2. Doesn't Trowbridge always look lovely in the sun?

Trowbridge-sur-la-Mer ... it's where the beautiful people and very large dogs live.
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm

ewoodie wrote:

PLEASE

Bad day?

No. Not at all. Reading posts is sometimes difficult because at times I don't know who or what they're on about.

Really, all you have to do is relax.....like any new language you get used to it after a while and begin to enjoy the 'private' magical identity that this site has. My favourite way to 'fix' Zsa Zsa Gabor is by making the s a dollar sign thus: Pat$y. What does this say about her? Don't know. Further, these twists of language can also serve to defuse things should it all get heated in later weeks.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  pocketvenus Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:21 pm

just five minutes in and I have worked out the name changing thang - my these admins are so funny and erudite - I look forward to many a distracting hour at work chuckling to myself - thats if it isnt blocked by our ever vigilant firewall
pocketvenus
pocketvenus

Back to top Go down

Post  ewoodie Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:51 pm

hatlady28 wrote:
ewoodie wrote:

PLEASE

Bad day?

Really, all you have to do is relax.....like any new language you get used to it after a while and begin to enjoy the 'private' magical identity that this site has. My favourite way to 'fix' Zsa Zsa Gabor is by making the s a dollar sign thus: Pat$y. What does this say about her? Don't know. Further, these twists of language can also serve to defuse things should it all get heated in later weeks.

Suppose you don't know who Zsa Zsa Gabor is meant to be in the first place?!!!

I'd like a thread I could refer to so I can check who/what is meant.
ewoodie
ewoodie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next