Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2014

+7
TANGOLERO
Wallflower
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2014

Post  Wallflower Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:56 am

saxonsiren wrote:ITT rush rush again barely one minute with Karen minus aka poorly Mark. Why why have half a couple on? And why then give her a minute?  

I think we complain about this each year at this stage - and then towards the end we say there is too much filler!!  Unless they have an hour ITT at the beginning and a shorter one at the end we'll never be happy  lol!

Like Sid and CD I'm liking Simon more on ITT.  He doesn't give the stock answers to Zoe's questions - which makes it much more interesting.  Wish more of the celebs would do that !!
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 pm

I know Wallflower every year rush thru the early weeks and then when we get to less than half the celebs its fill fill filler! As we say if ITT started a week before the main show we could aee a little more of each couple on an hour show! Yes move the Eggheads away for one week. Sacre bleu I hear the Eggies cry! Tis ok it will be back every week
Thom yes seems to be relaxing more and he seems less scripted.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 pm

cellar-door wrote:Gosh, are you a mind reader, Sid?!

One of my many talents CD Wink

cellar-door wrote: I was a little disappointed that Karen didn't have the time to discuss Brendan's Smooth choreography too. There were so many things that reminds me of the classic SCD routine and I find not including it meant that the producers were NOT interested in 'proper' ballroom dancing.

It was like stepping back 6 or 7 years...

cellar-door wrote: Lastly, I wasn't expecting ThomDoll to do well, but obviously the latest firmware update worked. He seemed to have broken through from that blank glassy-eyed monotone to something resembling a normal human being. His Charleston, though with timing issues, were actually enjoyble (even a little endearingly so) because you could tell he was trying to channel Gene Kelly in the routine, albeit not very successfully. And his mannerism on ITT today was that his smile was less model-y and more 'human'. Well done, the ThomDoll software designer!

lol!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Great posts guys and I agree with pretty much all you have said - so haven't pressed the 'quote' button.

I thought Thomdoll was more animated this week but I'm still not feeling it from him yet.    I think Iveta and Mark's partnership last year was far more endearing.   I think that Mark was earmarked as a possible  'comedic turn' last year and it turned out he was really quite good and the 'comedy' spot went to Dave Myers.

I agree that in the absence of a natural comedy character this year, they are trying to push S cott down that route and he isn't comfortable with it.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Glad to see Frankie and Kevin as well as Caroline and Pasha developing some budding friendship alongside and beyond their dance partnership. Still feel O.la is not connecting with Steve, but he's such a nice chap, it's difficult not to like him too.

Don't know about you, but I have this Louisa vibe coming from Frankie. I liked Louisa, she's a natural dancer and Frankie has now another similarity with Louisa of series 4 because Louisa also had an unexpected 10 very early in the series. Despite my soft spot for Louisa (and now Frankie), and despite my liking Louisa's jive and Frankie's Paso, I don't think their tens were deserved.

Last edited by cellar-door on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Ooh interesting CD. I've been getting more of a Rachel Stevens vibe from Frankie - pop group background, fairly petite, quite demure, very elegant...

She and Kevin are fast becoming one of my favourite couples. I think Kevin is just lovely.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Seems like it's 'gelling time' for the celebs. I hope Simon can gel a bit better with Kristina over the next 2 weeks or I think he might start being in trouble. Mark & Steve are coming up fast.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 pm

Sid wrote:Ooh interesting CD. I've been getting more of a Rachel Stevens vibe from Frankie - pop group background, fairly petite, quite demure, very elegant...

She and Kevin are fast becoming one of my favourite couples. I think Kevin is just lovely.

Rachel didn't do well with her performance in the beginning but after her rumba she was unstoppable (except falling at the last hurdle to Tom Chambers!). Rachel was amazing when she realised her full potential, and I certainly hope Frankie will realise her full potential as well!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:58 pm

B4p wrote:Seems like it's 'gelling time' for the celebs. I hope Simon can gel a bit better with Kristina over the next 2 weeks or I think he might start being in trouble. Mark & Steve are coming up fast.

Their Charleston training looked very promising. I think it'll be like his Jive week.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:49 pm

I love ALison's personality and tonights ITT loved her saying I was really gping for it but I watched it back and it doesn't look like it! And The comments 'poor Alijaz doesn't get a chance to speak!" Or "I carry weight !" & "There will be double bounce everywhere!"
Not sure re sequinns and gold thread for Alison thou?
Pixie's squeakiness driving me mad
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Alison made me properly lol! tonight. Reminded me why I liked her so much on Big Brother all those years ago. She's a naturally funny lady and she said exactly what I thought about the Jive - from the expression on her face you could tell she was really going for it but she looked kinda static!

It's true, Jake is Mr Cool  Cool  

And I actually found Pixie rather endearing tonight when she said she knew she hadn't quite found that emotional connection with her partner or the audience yet.

Last edited by Sid on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 pm

B4p wrote:Seems like it's 'gelling time' for the celebs. I hope Simon can gel a bit better with Kristina over the next 2 weeks or I think he might start being in trouble. Mark & Steve are coming up fast.

There seems to be a little bunch of hunks (for want of a better word) in the show this year - as the show starts to 'shake down' I personally don't think there is room for all of them - I think one of the three mentioned above might well be out at some time in the next few weeks. I really hope that Steve isn't sacrificed - I think he is a great guy who has done well so far - I really enjoyed the QS - one of Mrs Jordan's best efforts for a long time.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Sid wrote:Alison made me properly lol! tonight. Reminded me why I liked her so much on Big Brother all those years ago. She's a naturally funny lady and she said exactly what I thought about the Jive - from the expression on her face you could tell she was really going for it but she looked kinda static!

It's true, Jake is Mr Cool  Cool  

And I actually found Pixie rather endearing tonight when she said she knew she hadn't quite found that emotional connection with her partner or the audience yet.

I have this very sick feeling that they are going to dress Jake as an Elvis doing some pantomimesque or elvis tribute act at the pier stuff on Saturday! Poor Jake!

As for Pixie, I'm surprised Zoe dared to allude that their rumba might be deemed as incenstrous by inferring they looked like siblings. Shocked
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 pm

cellar-door wrote:
I have this very sick feeling that they are going to dress Jake as an Elvis doing some pantomimesque or elvis tribute act at the pier stuff on Saturday! Poor Jake!

As for Pixie, I'm surprised Zoe dared to allude that their rumba might be deemed as incenstrous by inferring they looked like siblings. Shocked

I have a feeling they'll make Jake look really daft too! Why do they always have to be so literal with the outfits? Just let him dance to Elvis, he doesn't have to look like him too.

I was surprised Zoe brought up the sibling thing! I'm sort of glad she did though, it's out there in the open now and maybe Pixie and Trent laughing about it will help make it less weird? (yeah right!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:00 am

Still weird! & have ITT agents been here reading oir posts? Just cannot feel any connection with Team Trixie.
Jake I hope doesn't wear a quiff mullet and just dances to an iconic Elvis song.
Alison I hope stays a while longer soooner say bye to Judy,Tim,Scott not necessarily in this order.Mind you I could be wrong and a surprise DO between Simon and Caroline as people forget the middle section.
Well Im guessing Im just a lone voice
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I think you could be right Sax - we are coming up to 'shock exit' time and I think there might potentially be one this week or next - unless we see one of the obvious weaker ones in the DO who will cushion the blow for whoever else (from the mid leaderboard) ends up there! Sad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:50 pm

cellar-door wrote:

I never even considered it, but I sure hope you're wrong C.D.D. Thinking about it, the show producers won't miss an opportunity like that. Big daft rubber wig, drainpipe jeans and crepe-soled diving boots, totally forgetting that Elvis was just a country-boy rythm and blues guy about then.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm

I really wish the newly evicted couple got first spot on ITT instead of a cramped five minutes. To much of C
Raig and also two other couples.Thought at one stage Natalie looked uncomfortable tonight briefly thou
Yes Tim still touchy feeley! I wonder if he will go ser Nataloe in Oz? Do the pros actually stay in touch after the series finished witj their celeb?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I really wish the newly evicted couple got first spot on ITT instead of a cramped five minutes.

So do I Sax. It's not the same having the departed couple on at the end just so they can turn off their light (get rid of that too!). I'm not keen on the exit dance at the end of the results show being interrupted by 'reactions from the other couples' either. Spoils the moment.

And what was the business with the balloons all about tonight? So random!

Also, wanted Zoe to ask C.raig which celebs he'd gone out with after the show!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 pm

So good for Karen Hardy to explain the required hip action by using the concept of waiting at the busstop! Clever girl! Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Darn! All those hours wasted at bus stops.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:58 pm

She made it sound so simple! As far as I can tell it's essentially shifting the weight from one leg to the other...

Like Jake even more for refusing to be cajoled into Zoe's hyper ott-ness.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00 pm

cellar-door wrote:So good for Karen Hardy to explain the required hip action by using the concept of waiting at the busstop! Clever girl! Very Happy
I always like Karen's explanations.  Tonight made me wonder how well Scott might have progressed with Karen as a teacher
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Thom quite amusing tonight with his botched acting slot lol and also he looked more at ease
Oh please someone mite Pixie! Her squeaky voice irritating me now
Maybe if she had some helium she might sound better.Now they are the TT twins I keep expecting either the Imp to appear or for the dragons to appear!
Oh dear not struck with clip of Scott or Alison in wellies affraid no no NO!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 pm

ITT is fun tonight. I think they've finally hacked the source code for ThomDoll OS(tm), and injected a successful, realistic, human personality into it. He's like a different person, innit? Hopefully that will help him with his dance from now on. Though, Cha-Cha is not going to be an easy dance.

Despite my feeling cold towards Pixie (and yes, I also find her raspy voice a tad annoying too), her Samba training looked really GOOD!

Liked those Q&A, but please no more kiddies prancing like young vesion of Scott Mills videos any more! Spare us the torture, producers! Phhhlllleeeaaasssee!

Also, we might have a first celeb/pro accidents during the live show this Saturday. When I saw how Scott just fling Joanne over like that in their Charleston training, I think he's like a dangerous driver who doesn't know he's putting other people's lives in danger by his cluelessness!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next