Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act

+2
allsewnonbyhand
Twirlie
6 posters

Go down

Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act Empty Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:50 pm

My wife and I both love Strictly this year. Why? Because we love the way Tess and Claudia react to and bounce off each other. Tess is obviously the foil or "straight man" to Claudia's clown. The whole atmosphere of the show has changed for the better in our opinion. It's brighter, slicker and the jokes though still awful, are delivered in the full knowledge that they are. The delivery is lighter, without Brucie's laboured approach and certainly without the demand that the audience laugh at them that came with Brucie. Popcorn-gate, for instance would never have been so funny with him. He would have had to make it His joke which would have taken the humour out of it. Tess's deadpan reaction was what made it so hilarious.

I know that some people don't rate Tess and want her replaced with a man. I think that would be a mistake. The two girls work well together. We don't need Tess to be funny and witty (Brucie never was) because Claud fulfills that role more than adequately. Having a funny man such as Paul O'Grady or Graham Norton come in would just work against Claud's weird and outlandish humour. They would cancel each other out. Tess and Claudia together create a balance of presenting that is ideal for the tenor of the show. Long may they reign!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act Empty Re: Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am

cheers cheers
Hear hear! Totally agree- love Claude and her kooky humour, not everyone gets her (my hubby for one) but I am an stitches watching her.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act Empty Re: Tess and Claudia - A New Double Act

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 pm

I adore watching our C.laudia and love her quirkiness
However I have to confess to being one of the small number who would prefer male/female/female SCD presenters.Just for me it works and yes I even confess to suggesting Paul or Graham! There is a place for all three presenters Smile.
I know I may get my head bitten off re my views but as I enjoy a more traditional SCD I can't say yes mix it up and lets have new style presenting but old fashioned dancing rules/costumws etc. Crying or Very sad
Sorry just my feelimgs
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:41 pm

I loved Claudia's eye liner gag right after the Chimney Sweep number. It would have been nice to see both dressed as Batman & Robin in one of the VT clips. I laughed at the horses head and Superman pants. I think they did a good job on Movie week, particularly T ess trying to drag anything positive out of the 5 judges
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Yes they both work very well together and am enjoying their roles as co-presenters. Still miss B.rucie (okay call me an old sentimentalist) but life goes on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:33 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I adore watching our C.laudia and love her quirkiness
However I have to confess to being one of the small number who would prefer male/female/female SCD presenters.Just for me it works and yes I even confess to suggesting Paul or Graham! There is a place for all three presenters Smile.
I know I may get my head bitten off re my views but as I enjoy  a more traditional SCD I can't say yes mix it up and lets have new style presenting but old fashioned dancing rules/costumws etc. Crying or Very sad
Sorry just my feelimgs

Oh what the hell saxonsiren, you're entitled to your view.  I won't hold it against you! You certainly won't get your head bitten off. Vive la difference! (Is that how you spell it? - Showing off now!)  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Very Happy I love you Twirlie! Its great on here we all can share opinions and all be reasonable and keep our jolly heads!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:09 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I adore watching our C.laudia and love her quirkiness
I know I may get my head bitten off re my views but as I enjoy  a more traditional SCD I can't say yes mix it up and lets have new style presenting but old fashioned dancing rules/costumws etc. Crying or Very sad
Sorry just my feelimgs

Actually Sax, judging by other threads, I thought that it was only me and one other (either B4p or Sid) who thought Claudia and Tess were a good presenting combo for SCD. It was me who thought I would get MY head bitten off for saying I didn't miss Brucie and that I was GLAD there were two female presenters and that I thought Tess fulfilled the front of house role rather well.

It's funny that you thought YOU were the minority!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:47 am

I know! Its weird how we all think differently but a good thing we do.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Have to admit Tess steals the show everytime! Her little gems of quirkiness
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Have to admit Tess steals the show everytime! Her little gems of quirkiness
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Well I must say I liked both Tess and Claude's outfits tonight. Tess looked very elegant in her long black gown with the white trim on the bodice and Claude's strapless burgundy & black short dress looked lovely
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:35 am

Thought T ess and Claud worked well again this week. I hope the powers that be don't try to script Claud too much when she's awaiting scores in the score-ditorium. She's witty enough to make her own stuff up. I laughed when Claud got Judy to say who she was 'chanelling' for her performing skills in order to make Mark smile.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 am

B4p wrote:Thought T ess and Claud worked well again this week. I hope the powers that be don't try to script Claud too much when she's awaiting scores in the score-ditorium. She's witty enough to make her own stuff up. I laughed when Claud got Judy to say who she was 'chanelling' for her performing skills in order to make Mark smile.
cheers hear hear- long may they reign, loving these two together and Claude needs free rein to go where she likes,she has me in stitches! Laughing
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:53 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
cheers hear hear- long may they reign, loving these two together and Claude needs free rein to go where she likes,she has me in stitches! Laughing

I am more worried that they will script Tess terrible jokes which even a seasoned comedian would have trouble delivering. Tess is a wonderful, warm, poised, professional host and compere. That is who she is and what her role should be. Whilst madcap mayhem goes on in the Clauditorium, Tess's role should be to bring everything back together in her calm way and keep things moving. This is where she shines - look at how she merely flicked the popcorn out of her front and carried on to the VT link with barely a flicker of an eyelid - this reaction actually MADE Claude's comedy moment simply because she deadpanned it. Tess can't deliver the scripted funny stuff (although her own off the cuff quips can be quite amusing) and she shouldn't be required to. BUT she can provide the straight man to Claude's funny one and that is how most comedies work.

I think these two are fabulous together already and after a whole series I think they will shake down to a brilliant partnership. The thing that really comes across is how they really work as a team - there is genuine warmth and support. No egos.

I love them!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down