Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 39 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:24 pm

True how would they vote scratch
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am

saxonsiren wrote:True how would they vote scratch

They'd vote to save Danny IMO.

Darcey has the hots for him and C.raig and B.runo are enamoured with him. I reckon only L.en would vote to save Louise.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:14 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

They'd vote to save Danny IMO.

Darcey has the hots for him and C.raig and B.runo are enamoured with him. I reckon only L.en would vote to save Louise.

No, I reckon that by this stage, they're both favourites for the final. The judges would be swayed entirely by the strength of the performance. If Louise gave a better performance than Danny - she'd go through no matter what.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 39 Empty Re: A little Bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:35 pm

phew.......just enjoying a glass of pre show vino and having a rest from putting up the Xmas tree.......... santa

I'm going to try to watch tonight with an open mind - like many of you I now have no clear favourite left so don't feel overly pressured and will try to enjoy it for what it is, but I think I do kind of have a hope that Ore makes it through........................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Sorry but the dance of the night for me was Claudia's quickstep. Worthy of at least four tens.

Disgruntled and she will have all of my votes!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:14 pm

I totally agree Fifty, Claudia's quickstep was dance of the night for me. Though I'm trying to cast my 3 online votes for her and they're not registering confused
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:17 pm

I managed to vote three times on my mobile.

Have to admit Danny totally won me over tonight as well. Hope he and Claudia both make the final.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Okay it is semi-final night and here is how I felt it went:-

Louise's Tango had epic music. Shame about the wasted time at the start and for that they lose a mark. Great dance once she got started and worth a 9 from me.

Danny's Salsa and great armography and lifts but lacked floor coverage and perhaps one of those lifts wasn't as clean as it could have been. An 8.5 from me.

Claudia's Rumba was a dance I felt she would struggle to express herself in. However, she danced it well and expressed it better than I expected but I did spot the odd error. An 8.5 from me.

Ore's Quickstep had stacks of content once the dance got going but again it lost a point for the faffing about at the start. A 9 from me and perhaps slightly over-marked.

Louise's Samba I was not quite so blown away with. For me it lacked tempo at times and agree with C.raig's remarks. An 8.5 from me.

Danny's American Smooth had great music and they used it well. Not sure about the semi-handstand bit but this was his best dance of the night. A 9 from me but a tad over-marked by the judges.

Claudia's Quickstep again had great music to dance to and she really nailed it. Loved this one and was the dance of the night for me. A 9.5 for me.

Ore's Argentine Tango was a very good effort. Perhaps would have liked a bit more steps content from Ore but still worth a 9 from me as he captured the mood so well. L.en's comments about his no dance background for Ore was spot on but was over-marked for me.

Anybody's guess who ends up in the dance-off. It conceivably could be any of the four.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:36 pm

I had a bit of trouble with online voting too.
I agree about Claudia's quickstep, she nailed it, but on balance I thought the leaderboard was right. I didn't like Louise's samba at all.

As a matter of interest, whoever is in the dance off, how do they choose which dance? Is it the one they scored lowest?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Thought tonight was a really super show. I'll be back later.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:41 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

As a matter of interest, whoever is in the dance off, how do they choose which dance? Is it the one they scored lowest?

If memory serves it is their highest scoring dance they perform again.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:03 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

Don't they get to choose?
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 39 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Brilliant show!!!!  Really enjoyed it but really had trouble voting -  the website was down then it came back on and I got my 3 votes in - only managed about two votes on the landline - it was just impossible the whole of the rest of the time but managed to vote multiple times on the mobile.   All for Ore I have to say.............. my rationale -  two[b] good dances and really loved L en's comments about being a non dancer - go L en-  I've had no clear favourite tonight but it turned into Ore - the others all had one good dance out of the two IMO.  

I thought the judges were a lot more balanced and fair tonight and spot on most of the time - I don't think I would have got my '10' paddle out though.

[b]Round one

Louise and Kevin - Tango -  9.5 - Loved this one.  One of the best Tangos of the series for me and one of their best dances. Although she had a little moment as the judges pointed out there was great content - sharp, head moves, leg slides, - so much better than Danny's last week.  One of the best dances of the night.

Danny and Oti - Salsa - 9 - I've only given him a 9 because of the lifts.  This was a peculiar dance for me that had some really good sections and then went into not so good sections.  He was far too static in parts - just standing still and almost over balancing. CRH was spot on. Felt it was just too disjointed but he did try to make an effort.

Claudia and AJ - Rumba - 8 - Judges comments honest  and spot on (at last!!!!!!) although still trying to massage her a little - so what that she is young???? confused  very little discernible rumba in this one - did not appreciate the solo bit from AJ - far too placed and no connection.

Ore and Joanne - Quickstep - 9 - Excellent dance - fast but totally in control as the judges said - really enjoyed it and loved the music - a great example of where modern music can be used to good effect.

Round Two

Louise and Keven  -Samba - 8 -  Felt myself looking at Kevin more than Louise.  It was the most classic samba track, the choreography was very good and Louise gave it a good shot but felt she lost energy and didn't really achieve the samba bounce. LIke Danny's salsa there were some good bits but some not so good.

Danny and Oti - American Smooth - 9 -  Felt it was a bit unfair that he did elements of a dance that he had already done - bit of a canny choice there.  The VW bits were good but very 'matt baker' in that he just does not get down into the floor and looks a little balletic. I appreciated the dramatic ending but this was more of a show dance I felt and for the first time I felt myself agreeing with Darcey.

Claudia and AJ - Quickstep 9/9.5 - No denying that this was a great dance. For me the best dance that I have seen her do - excellent movement and overall routine - but agree with Darcey - there was gapping.

Ore and Joanne - Argentine Tango - 9/9.5 -  Loved the dance, quite fast paced but they managed to keep the precision I felt - I think he captured the mood of the AT very well and there were some great shapes.  I would have liked a closer body connection and some ganchos where the legs were more entwined - this bit was lacking.

I haven't got a clue who will go out...................they all deserve to be in the final really. Shocked Shocked

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Just got to switch on the recording of tonight's show, BUT my kind family had recorded BBC2 instead of 1 affraid  Now - where can I find the catch-up?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Another good show. Louise was great, so was Claudia I think and of course I'm a great Danny fan so I thought he did well too. Ore – overmarked.

Louise and Kevin
Tango
Kevin, I can't say how much I hated the opening with the glitter-balls on the conveyor belt. Not cool. The rest of the dance however was very cool indeed. I thought she was just terrific.

Danny and Oti
Salsa
I thought this had a slow burn. It wasn't very exciting at the beginning but thankfully picked up as the dance moved on. It's the first time that Oti's choreography was less than fantastic for many weeks.

Claudia and AJ
Rumba
I thought Claudia made a good fist of this. One of the better rumbas of the season in fact. I was surprised that the judges were all so down on her. I get fed up with their patronising of her.

Ore and Joanne
Quickstep.
Yes, not bad but I thought I spotted a mistake too.  Still can't warm to him. Or Joanne for that matter.

Louise and Kevin
Samba
I enjoyed this much more than I expected to. I even loved her mini-carmen-miranda hat. She really has improved so much.

Danny and Oti
American Smooth
I really enjoyed this and thought it went very smoothly indeed. I was impressed by the lifts and then of course at the end, that button with the jump and catch was one of the most impressive we've seen. Dangerous indeed. I was a little stunned that none of the judges mentioned it.

Claudia and AJ
Quickstep
Soooo good. I agree with everyone else. I think this was truly fabulous and deserved  the highest possible score.

Ore and Joanne
Argentine Tango
Well Joanne did a fair amount in the dance but Ore didn't.   I thought this was incredibly tame. The sort of dances the professionals do with celebs in the first few weeks to shield their lack of ability. I don't understand in the slightest how he managed to get such high marks.

I think it's pretty clear from the judges' comments that they're intending Claudia to leave if she's in the DO.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:48 pm

So...

Louise
- her performances are still a bit too contained for me (as was evident in the Samba - which felt kinda flat). And the moment of imbalance in her Tango (which was noticeable) should've prevented any 10 paddles going up for that particular dance. I could lose Louise at this stage just because I can't think of one - let alone two - dances of hers I'm dying to see again.

Danny - Salsa took a while to heat up but really enjoyed it by the end. The AS was breathtakingly good - Oti's leap: insane!

Claudia - I could see how much doing well at the Rumba meant to her and she almost pulled it off but the judges were right about the pauses (and it missing some sensuality). The Quickstep was my dance of the night though. LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Why the heck wasn't it a 40???!! I threw all my votes her way, but I bet she's doomed.

Ore - Yes an excellent QS but I preferred the style of Claudia's if I'm honest. And his AT wasn't my cup of tea at all. Felt like the judges engineered it to place Ore top and get him through the final.

All in all an enjoyable show. I do like a good semi.

Last edited by Sid on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:58 pm

Okay, I'll risk the wrath of angels (or grapes or whatever) and say this:

All I was concerned about was did the contestants dance? Not a technical perfection exercise, but dancing to music and being motivated by it into the joys of dance. Sorry if this upsets anyone, but honesty is the thread, so honesty must prevail as any one or all of us see it. Gapping? topline, shaping..? Surely all the four contestants are well past that stage now; it's the semi final and if we're worrying about technicalities then are we looking for the best dancer or a robotic programed maching? How many of the G.B.P voters can tell the difference between a top line and a bottom one? If the judges are worrying about nit-picking trivialities at this stage then they're men/women out of work. Are they actually moved by the performances or more concerned at spotting a rogue thumb or a buttock quivering out of place? Do these class as errors? Every contestant tonight ws magnificent and all that's left now is the vote, which doesn't actually reflects on skill but personal preference. For me, they're all winners. Somebody has to win, and somebody lose, but I'll just enjoy the dancing whoever gets the bauble. I'm just glad I'm not sitting up there with the four musketeers deciding which of them to disappoint. Terrific show by everybody.

One small comment and that's on a pro, not a contestant. I felt Joanne needs to be careful not to take the attention totally off Ore and on to herself. Yes,she was brilliant in the A.T, but she's the pro, not the contestant. I'm sure the judges won't miss things like that.  She based that dance around the woman when a man was the one being judged.

You may not agree, but I'll leave a smile..Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:11 am

Mr T - for me the technical side of dance is secondary. Primarily I need to be MOVED by a performance. That's why I've found myself championing the Eds and Rindys and Gregs and Tamekas - because their dancing, tho not as accomplished as others, still provided me the most joy.

However, the execution does matter to me from the point of view of how the judges are scoring. And if they're deducting points for a small wobble or missed turn for one couple but overlook something for another pair then that irks me.

My votes go to whoever I most enjoyed, but the judge's scores should reflect technique too and sometimes (even as a non-expert) I see them being inconsistent (and then I usually try and check with dancey people who have the expertise to see if I've got a point!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:31 am

Hooray - managed to find the catch-up programme. I agree with several of my armchair colleagues. Here's my humble opinion:

Round 1
Louise - I really liked this Tango, it was fun and fresh. I liked the 60's vibe, with the black & white outfits, and thought the choreography suited the 60's music.
Danny - A better Salsa than I thought it would be. I did comment to my family, 'I can't see any figure 8 hip action' and shouted 'yes!' when Cr aig said exactly the same. He seemed to spend a bit of time standing in support role whilst Oti danced around. Not a fan of the 4 lifts. Three of them looked the same to me, with Oti doing a back walk over. I would have enjoyed it as much without the lifts although the one to punctuate the finish was sharp.
Claudia - a good effort, but I agreed with L en about the excess of 'leg cocking'. There's a fine line between light & shade, and holding poses for a tad too long for me. I did recognise some Rumba basics, but I still don't think they get on. I hope they get rid of the celeb Rumba next year - but then again, it gives me chance to put the kettle on.
Ore - I really enjoyed this Quickstep and thought Tommy Blaize did a great job with the singing. I loved the motor bike prop, and the leather jacket and leather effect dress. I liked what they did to Joanne's hair, with the sweptback undo, with the side lines of sequins. I thought the story telling was good. He reminded me of Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop. I thought there was some gapping, but none of the judges mentioned it, and it was interesting that Cr aig mentioned Ore's shoulder position exactly how Ian had commented on the training VT.

Round 2
Louise - Looked like she was struggling with the rolling bounce action, but a very respectable Samba. Her performance level has risen like Lazarus over the past few weeks. I didn't like the flowery headband, it reminded me of an OAP's swim hat, however, I thought the costumes were great.
Danny - I liked the theme, and the 'dock of the bay' prop. I enjoyed the VW Smooth bits. Was it me or was the music quite fast? I would have been happy with just 2 lifts that fitted into the theme. I didn't like the ugly 'waist-wrap' lift (that used to be Vincent's trade mark). I thought the hurtle off the pier at the end was unnecessary; she looked like she was taking on Greg at the long jump. I would have preferred a bit more VW rather than the repetitve lift-fest.
Claudia - the dance of the night for me. What a fast and furious Quickstep. She coped marvellously with the choreography. Her flying feet looked neat and sure. My favourite dance of hers. The only thing that spoilt the experience for me was the Steadycam man. It's hard enough focussing on what's happening in such a quick dance without him weaving drunkenly in-between them. I'm glad L en mentioned the height difference again, and the difficulties of avoiding gapping for these two.
Ore- Looked better with the mute button on. I thought the music was too fast for an A.Tango and didn't suit the dance or the mood very well. Joanne seemed to be dancing around Ore to me. There was times when he just seemed to be standing there as a support to her. I liked some of the short sharp lifts. They seemed to fit in, without losing the essence of the dance. Overmarked for the amount of dancing he actually did, and a blatant attempt of scoreboard manoeuvres.

I agree sid that the comments from the judges are inconsistent. Every time we have a Salsa, the notorious 'ever moving figure of 8 hips' and the 'still upper body' comments flow from the judges, but not when Danny does it? Mentions of gapping for Claudia's QS but not Ore's? Three steps in the VW, but only one used in Danny's VW Smooth, but that's ok says L en, cos he did the one so beautifully? Louise's high scoring waltz the other week, with no heel leads, but Danny is told last week that he'll never get full marks (echoed by L en) until he sorts his heel leads out (then he still gets high marks). The 4 judges are turning into the 4 contradictos.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:16 am

It appears that all of us agree that Claudia was under marked and most of us agree her QS was the dance of the night (I stood up at the end and applauded). This may just be enough for the GBP to vote for her in droves.

I'm also not feeling a lot of love for Ore (I, too, felt he did a lot of posing in the AS while Jo danced around him). Again, this may affect the public vote.

I'm predicting Ore and Louise in the DO....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:42 am

fiftynotout wrote:It appears that all of us agree that Claudia was under marked and most of us agree her QS was the dance of the night (I stood up at the end and applauded).  This may just be enough for the GBP to vote for her in droves.

I'm also not feeling a lot of love for Ore (I, too, felt he did a lot of posing in the AS while Jo danced around him).  Again, this may affect the public vote.

I'm predicting Ore and Louise in the DO....

Ore can only do what is choreographed to him though and he is the one left with no previous dance experience as L.en rightly pointed out.

I think each of the celebs were 'protected' last night owing to them having two dances to learn so they used different methods to minimize their workload. We saw Louise do precious little for the first ten to fifteen seconds of her first dance, Oti put a lot of lifts in to Danny's first dance minimizing dance steps and AJ I feel took the workload of the rumba. So Ore was given less dance steps in his dance - evens stevens I'd say.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Ore can only do what is choreographed to him though and he is the one left with no previous dance experience as L.en rightly pointed out.

I think each of the celebs were 'protected' last night owing to them having two dances to learn so they used different methods to minimize their workload. We saw Louise do precious little for the first ten to fifteen seconds of her first dance, Oti put a lot of lifts in to Danny's first dance minimizing dance steps and AJ I feel took the workload of the rumba. So Ore was given less dance steps in his dance - evens stevens I'd say.

All of which points to a really close semi-final and (unless Claudia is in the DO) makes it really hard to predict who will go through to the final. Having a tie on the leaderboard actually makes Ore (at the top) less safe.  Can't wait for tonight's results show Laughing
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:33 am

Well a lone voice here but Louise's AT I watched but it didn't draw me in.... I still saw the error and the odd look down at the floor. For me Louise doesn't change expression enough with her eyes. My gran had a phase dead behind the eyes and sorry but bland bland bland expressive eyes. Not a 10 at all 8 from me

Danny and Oti's for me looked rushed and I did thou like the armography. For me Danny is to ahead with talent for scd again the whole experienced too much for scd view. Overmarked I'd go 8.5

Claudia I loved the costumes and music and the dance.A little too many leg Cockshutt. I felt they connected tonight and wished this had come through in the earlier weeks. Yes I could say too many posed pieces and not enough basic Rhumba. The show thou has changed and modified with music,costumes so I gather the dances have moved on more too SO how can the judges not move on too? Underscored and patronised almost ok honey good try now leave the adults to the entertainment Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ore I started to enjoy it until it became the Joanne,me,me ME routine....Please let the celeb dance with you....

It was after this dance and the marks I switched OFF......so blatant with the first two couples let's overmarked to protect... The glitch with online I couldn't vote and my votes would have been Ore and Claudia because I'm sick to the back teeth of the judges erratic and over fawning for their favourite.

B.run please STOP falling from chair for entertain it's boring,predictable and you scored nil points from me.

I feel I won't watch the final as I'm fed up of the set scene for sibling possible rivalry Final. ..... Darcy time to go too
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Morning world, it's a brand new day.... Very Happy

Carefully avoiding the minefield areas of programmed dancing robots and gaps you could almost get a playing card down, a few points I noted down during the show and which quite a few will agree with or no as the case may be: Hobson's choice:

The rumba has to go. A girl who has never had a boyfriend is thrown in the deep end of the outdated "dance of love" with a young married guy and expected to give it her all. Apart from the embarrasment that most outside of actors must ordinarily feel in this situation, she does what she does best and gymnastics her way through it in a dance where neither made much eye contact in between putting their bodies into positions that the indiarubber man would avoid. The art of rumba is best left to those in relationships and a million miles away from Strictly. C raig's 8 might be indicative of his intent there, plus two judges gave here quickstep 10's, the Mae West of dance judging...didn't..???

Louisa's Esther Williams rubber swim cap and ghetto blasting music levels weren't enough to cancel out what I thought was a really good dance. The music handling was more indicative of Gangnam or body popping than subtle swaying samba...

Generally the level of excellence in competitor dance was never more evident than last night. Has there ever been a last four so close together that choosing a loser is almost sinful?

Pro activity was so much on the increase that it might be thought they were the ones being judged. Not having a go at Joanne as she is a terrific choreographer and dancer, but she was on the list, indeed way out in front of it, for this. Flavia at her best was a foil for Vincent's lead, not a solo entertainer. It won't fool the judges, Ore can dance.....

Lastly....audience hysteria during the dancing and during performances by singers and dancers is.....irritating, to put it mildly. Performing seal clapping and banshee screams really don't help anthing...

Ah, well, off for my bacon sandwich now. See you tonight...lol!

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:55 pm

First up I am delighted Ore has reached the final. The dance-off was between Danny and Claudia and as soon as that was announced it became a formality who was going through and who was going out. The sadist in me wanted it to be Louise and Danny in the dance-off but it was not to be. Sorry folks (okay I may be biased) but I disagreed with the judges and a clean sweep? Really?? Bah humbug.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next