Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton

5 posters

Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty 2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton

Post  B4p Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:49 am

I wonder if we'll have any guest judges this year?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Week 2

Post  B4p Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:03 pm

I think weeks 1 and 2 are too early to be dishing out 8 and 9s. For those scores I want to be wowed out of my seat. Many have potential, and some are already good but not that good yet.

I like that Shirley has resurfaced her pleas for sorting out the 'fundamentals'. I thought she was a bit harsh on Ellie T saying her Paso lacked the essence and necessary angles. Meanwhile, Matt's Disco/Samba mashup was praised for his solo sections?

Motsi seems to be making some constructive comments. I'd like her to follow through by suggesting 'one thing she'd like the contestant to work on' for the next dance. I don't like how she talks over Cr aig. He can't be the show's successful Panto Dame if she constantly interrupts his pan-faced flow.

An ton makes one or two cracking suggestions or compliments (like Kym taking a wider side-step) then slides into beige-ville. Fruit & Nut is more interesting than Vanilla.

Cr aig remains rude, ribald, or rambunctious, but at least he varies his scoring paddles.

The scoring is irratic as usual. Tony's Charleston gets one more point than Ellie T's Paso? Really? I loved Tony's effort, but Katya was literally carrying him!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Movie Week

Post  B4p Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:03 pm

Week 3

Two Cha-Cha dances.
Why did Jayde get scored 8 points more than Ellie T?
Both were said to be flat footed using heel leads. Both with no hip action. Both were complimented on 'personality'.

Some, but not all the contestants get a piece of specific critique from the judges after dancing.  It's this sort of inconsistency that drives me potty.

I'm glad that Shirley is having a veto on 'fundamental' heel/toe leads.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Re: 2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:14 pm

As a long time A nton fan, I'm a bit worried someone so ballroom experienced is being so "nice" to just about everyone, B4P I've given up on Motsi , lovely attitude but a complete rambling rose on judging. the fabu-u-lus darling one is just, as ever, the unpredictable pantomime villain and Shirley mixes caustic comments and, with Motsi, has seal-clapping giddyness spells about male contestants. Oh for Goodman and Darcy, even Silver tongued Italian Stallion, back on the judgement desk.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Re: 2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton

Post  B4p Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:17 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:As a long time A nton fan, I'm a bit worried someone so ballroom experienced is being so "nice" to just about everyone, B4P  I've given up on  Motsi , lovely attitude but a complete rambling rose on judging. the fabu-u-lus darling one is just, as ever, the unpredictable pantomime villain and Shirley mixes caustic comments and, with Motsi, has seal-clapping giddyness spells about male contestants. Oh for Goodman and Darcy, even Silver tongued Italian Stallion, back on the judgement desk.  
I miss Br uno. I'd love Ian to be on the panel.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:16 pm

Cr.aig is the only judge we take any notice of.  (He does let himself down sometimes though - a 2 for Tony and an 8 for Jayde?  I don’t think so!!)

Of the others, Motsi uses an awful lot of words to say absolutely nothing so doesn’t bring anything to the party.

Yes, An.ton is a nice guy and reminds me of L.en in many ways (bit of a geezer) but his critique is constructive and there’s nothing wrong with being nice.

Shirley disappoints me the most.  Drooling over the young men and sharpening her claws on the young women is terrible behaviour for any judge but for a head judge?  No!  And sit the heck down will you!!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:07 am

A.nton I am glad he is there and offers some good feedback and tips in a positive light.
Shirley sorry to many favourites and each year one of the females gets her viper nest judging. Why thou?
Motsi, a taxi due last year adds nothing to the panel save what shock outfit to wear this week.
I miss Darcey for her elegance and charm.
Wish we could have had E.rin, Karen Cliften as a judge or V.ince.
Id like 5 judges to mix up the scoring a little and let it go to the public vote who is in the dance off if we get tied places on the Judges Score boards.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Week 4

Post  B4p Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:30 pm

One word - consistency. Word up - there isn't any.

Some contestants are given a tick list of technicalities to work on. Others just get a pat on the head along with 'lovely', or,  'she does things her own way'. Erm, I thought they usually got marked down for that?

Fundamentals - great idea. Week 4 (plus 10 days basic one to one training before that) some still don't know their heels from their toes, but this doesn't matter apparently.

10s - are appearing like an epidemic. I like Tyler BUT how can 2 judges say they no nothing about the music, or genre of the dance, then both award a 10. Based on what exactly?

I'm guessing Helen T might be getting a 10 next week for dancing the Hornpipe to the Blue Peter theme tune?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Week 6 - Halloween

Post  B4p Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:40 am

I loved the judges costumes this week. Great fun.

Cr aig looked sensational as Morticia. Miss Acid Drop started off on form, but I detected some kinder comments creeping in as the show went on. If you ordered online, I'm sure more supplies of lemon drops or battery acid could be delivered in time for the result show.

So that's where all the sequins ended up. Whoever did Motsi's face make-up needs an extra cream bun. Very clever face make-up and those orange platform shoes on the result show were picked up on one of Elon Musk's satellites. Some encouraging critiques given, but please remain seated for the performance, those at the back of you want to see too. Please don't keep interrupting Morticia when she's gargling and spitting acid either. You can have your turn when she/he has finished.

I found the dead body part on Shirley/Uncle Fester's shoulder quite disconcerting. Theme music from all the different hospital series kept flashing between my ears everytime I caught a glimpse. A simple yet effective costume. I liked the more objective critiques this week, and the explanation as to what could be improved. I understand she/he needs to stand in order to see over the counter.

An ton looked great as Captain Hook/Charles II/Samuel Pepys/The Scarlet Pimpernel whatever. I was a bit concerned that the perm solution from his 'syrup' was blurring his vision, or invading his frontal cortex. One or two useful suggestions for the contestants to work on, but far too obsessed with his hair dooooo.

Apart from one or two outrageously high marks, I thought giving an 8 to most of the dancers, and letting the general public battle it out via the votes was a genius idea.

I enjoyed the evening.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Week 9 - Blackpool

Post  B4p Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:57 pm

Ladies -

Please stop standing up, jiggling and dancing along. You're there to judge, not join in the gyrations.

Please stop talking over Cr aig. It's rude and unprofessional. Yes, he's the Panto Villain, but at least let him get his lines out!

Cr aig - I could have understood you giving Fleur a 10 last week for her excellent Samba, but not for this weeks Beyonce tribute. Very disappointing.

An ton. You've started to waffle. Not a good look, so back to constructive dance comments please.
B4p
B4p

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty Re: The Judges 2022

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:43 pm

B4p wrote:Ladies -

Please stop standing up, jiggling and dancing along. You're there to judge, not join in the gyrations.

Please stop talking over Cr aig. It's rude and unprofessional. Yes, he's the Panto Villain, but at least let him get his lines out!

Cr aig - I could have understood you giving Fleur a 10 last week for her excellent Samba, but not for this weeks Beyonce tribute. Very disappointing.

An ton. You've started to waffle. Not a good look, so back to constructive dance comments please.

Yes Yes Yes - post of the year! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2022 Judges - Cr aig, Shirley, Motsi & An ton Empty The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman Retiring from Dancing With The Stars. ?Shirley to Replace

Post  B4p Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:33 pm

This came up on one of my feeds:

BBC Strictly Come Dancing star L en Goodman quits rival show after 17 years
BBC Strictly Come Dancing star Shirley Ballas shares lengthy tribute as co-star quits show
BBC Strictly Come Dancing star set to be replaced after emotional farewell
L en announced this week he will stand down as a judge on the US show.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing judge Shirley Ballas is being lined up to replace L en Goodman on Dancing With The Stars in the United States, according to reports. L en announced this week he will stand down as a judge on the US show.

“L en’s exit leaves a big hole in the panel, but the show team feel Shirley would be a really great addition," a source told the Sun newspaper. “Her experience is unrivalled and she has made no secret of the fact she’d love to spend more time with her son Mark, who is based in the US with wife Brittany.

"She could hold both her Strictly job and a new role on Dancing with the Stars - as The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman did for years.” Her spokesman said: “She loves Strictly and working with the BBC, and has no intention of leaving.”

L en has been an ever-present figure on the panel since the show first premiered in 2005, Earlier this week, Shirley posted a clip of L en’s exit speech on the ABC show, where he works alongside Shirley's dancer son Mark Ballas, as well as two throwback snaps of the judge smiling.

Shirley wrote: “My dearest L en where do I start. I’m in awe of you, not only as my past teacher, but also for all the years of service you have given to Dancing With The Stars and Strictly. You are, and in my book will always be, a king. Your constructive criticism in helping celebrities improve along with your humour is irreplaceable. An authentic dancer, judge and adjudicator from the head to toe.”

Shirley continued: “My heart is full of so many memories with you over the years and I will treasure those forever. I’m sad you are leaving DWTS USA but we gain you back here in UK. You are a superstar, a one of a kind human with a talent beyond words. A heart bigger than any ocean.”
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down