Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Young leaves Strictly

+5
TANGOLERO
B4p
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Poppetlovestango
9 posters

Go down

Will Young leaves Strictly Empty Will Young leaves Strictly

Post  Poppetlovestango Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:22 am

BBC Breakfast have just announced that Will has pulled out of Strictly for personal reasons.

Crying or Very sad  
I enjoyed his enthusiasm and performance of the dances.
I hope that L.en's comments on Saturday haven't put him off.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Will Young leaves Strictly Empty Re: Will Young leaves Strictly

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:46 am

I know Poppet, shame isn't it? We were discussing it last night in the Honesty thread and going off topic - you have quite rightly started a new topic! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Will Young leaves Strictly Empty Will Young leaves Strictly

Post  Poppetlovestango Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 am

Sorry everyone I didn't see the discussion on the Honesty thread  and was just so shocked and sad.
I don't know how I missed the news last night. Mad Embarassed
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:23 pm

There have been one or two thinking it could have been to do with his fall-out with L.en but I don't buy that for a second. That being L.en telling Will off for talking back. I would say he has stuff going on in his personal life that Will feels needs his full attention.Wishing you all the best Will.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:30 pm

I agree CC. A lot of social media is hyping up a L en spat that didn't really float imo.

I can understand if it's a personal issue, he'll just want to keep his head down. Keep a dignified silence, and leave the mob make up what they can't know for sure. I hope Will's ok and surrounded by friends. I actually feel a bit sorry for L en, who I think has been scapegoated into a difficult, and probably inaccurate position.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:26 pm

See a certain  red-top emergency tablecloth is still doing double page revelations today despite doing the same thing yesterday with a completely different story. Media reporters are like ball bearings in a tin of oil; you can push them around forever but you'll never manage to pin them down.

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:See a certain  red-top emergency tablecloth is still doing double page revelations today despite doing the same thing yesterday with a completely different story. Media reporters are like ball bearings in a tin of oil; you can push them around forever but you'll never manage pin them down.

They are like those floaters in the toilet bowl, you try to flush, but they refuse to go away...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

I'd say they were like cockroaches still moving even after a nuclear bomb!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:46 pm

The accusations rumble on that it was L.en's fault. Now I know Will doesn't want to disclose the reasons but even a tweet to rule out L.en as being the reason would be good.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:03 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:The accusations rumble on that it was L.en's fault. Now I know Will doesn't want to disclose the reasons but even a tweet to rule out L.en as being the reason would be good.

I agree. He doesn't have to say what is, but simply what isn't.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Will Young leaves Strictly Empty Re: Will Young Leave Strictly

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:47 pm

I've been watching the Will Young business all week with interest. I am very sorry he has gone as I felt he bought a lot to the contest and had real potential - one of those people for whom I thought that an interesting 'J' was in store...... Interestingly I saw two different stories appear on the msn news feeds yesterday - neither of which mentioned L en. The first one was obviously utter rubbish because it mentioned that he thought that everyone else was so good that he would never win and had a crisis of confidence confused I think to be honest he had every chance of making the final - the Tango on the first week was one of my favourite dances that week, the Jive was perfectly respectable for week 2 and despite the controversy over the Bollywood/Salsa it was very well danced and I felt he would be able to adapt to the different styles.

The second story appeared in the afternoon and claimed that he had been having spats and disagreements with Karen his partner - which also sounded a bit strange. It said that he felt she pushed him too hard and was always telling him off! I think she was probably pushing him, but then that is her job, particularly if she sensed he had good ability and a chance to go far - she would have assumed that he was there for that reason!! The second bit of the same story sounded like it might have a grain of truth to it as it said that he had been plagued with anxiety and hadn't really been happy since way back when they were rehearsing for week one in the first three weeks.

I have to say that part of me feels that all the celebs must be well aware by now of the commitment involved with SCD and the intensity - and one would think that you would make a considered decision before agreeing to take part - on the other hand we can never really know how something will make us feel until we actually do it - Will's previous issues are well documented and I suppose it must have been difficult for him if he felt he had made a big mistake in doing SCD from the start - it sounds as though it would have got worse for him and if this is the case and if this the reason he has left, then I feel he has probably done the right thing for him before it gets too far into the competition. Rumour also has it that SCD are considerably cutting his (very big) pay cheque for breaking his contract - so his decision couldn't have been made lightly and certainly one would hope not over those comments from L en - which brings me to say that I agree perhaps he should say something about this - I feel sorry for poor old L en - how did he know what his 'off the cuff' comments would lead to?

Hopefully by next week there will some other story for the twitterati and scandal rags to get their hands on and this will die down - but it has got me thinking about the whole thing - we always assume that all the celebs are having a marvellous time (working their socks off and not seeing much of family etc) I wonder how many celebs over the years haven't really enjoyed it very much???? Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:29 pm

Sometimes, just sometimes mind, I feel like telling the lot of them to get a grip and remind them that all the working folk who pay their wages and buy T.V licences etc, do that to see them dance. If they can't do that, then why bother being in the show? I seem to remember no too long ago thinking how everybody who had ever been in the show said it was a wonderful experience. What happened?

Mind you, we don't live in a perfect world, especially since that giant space ship filled with alein twitterati "celebrities" landed on planet Facebook. Shame they missed all the great times we had like working in a mill or down a pit for a living. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm

True.. I wonder how many ex scd celebs disliked SCD. I recall the actress from Casualty reduced to tears from Brendan? Aliona plainly not happy with Greg W.

How is your wife Mr T! Recovering well I hope..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:21 pm

I think the growth of social media has to an extent altered the Strictly experience for celebs and pros over the years, Mr T. Certainly a lot more intense. They obviously used to get recognised and approached by fans when out and about before but they were mostly shielded from negativity. Now they're in direct and continual contact with viewers (and each other) on Twitter  - and folk can be bolder when hidden behind their screens. I recall Natalie Gumede faced a lot of animosity on Twitter and Artem was forced to speak out about it. Anastacia was the victim of online rage this year, Will too (saw journo Carole Malone send him a particularly vile message calling him a 'prima donna' for withdrawing without knowing any of the facts.). Ed Balls has had lots of support but some nasty messages too (which he's shared in an amusing way). And the pros get it too - e.g. the Jordans setting their fans on Kevin & Karen. It would be easy to say they should all just stay away then but social media is vital for self-promotion and survival these days, they don't really have a choice.

mauveangel09 wrote:  

I feel sorry for poor old L en - how did he know what his 'off the cuff' comments would lead to?

We always assume that all the celebs are having a marvellous time  (working their socks off and not seeing much of family etc)   I wonder how many celebs over the years haven't really enjoyed it very much???? Question  

You're right mauve, I think L.en sometimes gets an overly hard time. He can be cranky and inconsistent but it's nothing compared to some of C.raig's acerbic comments! And if (we have no idea) L.en's comments did get to Will because of his anxiety or other problems then it's still not really L.en's fault because he wasn't to know.

Re: their exchange I think there were faults on on both sides. Firstly, what else are you to do with Jai Ho other than a predominantly Bollywood routine. Nevertheless it's true there was a distinct lack of Salsa. And Will (according to what I've read elsewhere, including from dancey people) was wrong to claim it contained as many bars of Salsa as he said it did. I kinda wish L.en had just said the music made it tricky to incorporate more Salsa but it was enjoyable nonetheless and left it at that. But I don't think he was massively out of order.

As for previous contestants who didn't  have a great time, Fern Britton confessed afterwards that she didn't really enjoy her Strictly experience (citing tension with A.rtem - though I sort of detected that at the time) and likewise the late Lynda Bellingham's husband said after her death that she hadn't enjoyed it much either (again citing a difficult relationship with her partner Darren).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:51 pm

saxonsiren wrote:True.. I wonder how many ex scd celebs disliked SCD. I recall the actress from Casualty reduced to tears from Brendan? Aliona plainly not happy with Greg W.

How is your wife Mr T! Recovering well I hope..

Slowly Sax, but positively. Leg really swollen when she came out Tuesday but she's getting there thanks. I'm being run legless; I can't remember what day it is... scratch
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:30 am

I'm sure you are being a true rock,supportive and understanding.... lots of rest,small meals and humour will help Very Happy Very Happy I'm sure after watching your lovely performance on tv you are flecking and pointing as you dash about flower flower flower for Mrs T
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum