Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

+4
CaledonianCraig
jingle
mauveangel09
B4p
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

Post  B4p Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Just a round-up so far:

Faye Tozer (Singer) 5' 6
Katie Piper (TV Presenter) 5' 2
Vicki Hope (Radio Presenter)
Stacey Dooley (TV Reporter)

Graeme Swan (Cricketer) 6' 1
Joe Suggs (Social Media vlogger) 5' 8
Danny John-Jules (Actor) 5' 7
Dr Ranj Singh 5' 6 (NHS & TV)

Still looking for the heights for some of them but Stacey is reported to be tall, whatever that means.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants

Post  B4p Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Just an update on the professional dancer heights. A couple are approximate.

Johannes 6’ 2
Alijaz 6’
Graziano 5’ 11
An ton 5’ 11
Pasha 5’ 10
Giovanni 5’ 10
Kevin 5’ 8
Neil 5’ 8
Gorka 5’ 7
AJ 5’ 7

Nadiya 5’ 8
Luba 5’ 7
Amy 5’ 6
Karen 5’ 5
Katya 5’ 5
Oti 5’ 4
Dianne 5’ 3
Janette 5’

Last edited by B4p on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 am

B4p wrote:Just a round-up so far:

Faye Tozer (Singer) 5' 6

Adding Ashley Roberts as the latest confirmed. Not much of a surprise, as she'd been rumoured for ages.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 pm

And we have our second ringer of the series - Ashley Roberts. Intetesting lookingvat her career CV which has her listed primarily as a singer/dancer and took further dance lessons after leaving Pussycat Dolls before apoearing in dance-based films.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 am

Just updating the list to date.....

Faye Tozer (Singer) 5' 6
Ashley Roberts (Singer)
Kate Silverton (TV News reader)

Seann Walsh (Comedian)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2018

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 pm

So the BBC person is revealed as Kate Silverton...…….I have always liked Kate - I think she could be a bit of a Natasha Kaplinsky type on the floor - I think she might have done a 'Children in Need'? (might be wrong).

However...…..overall we seem to have a dearth of presenter/reporter/media types this year and I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of more mature contestants - particularly amongst the females and not one big name amongst any of them (I think they have all been announced now) However, that in itself doesn't mean anything as I have found that the years in which there have been a lot of people that I don't know at the beginning have been no less enjoyable than other years and usually not so many divas - so I'll keep my fingers crossed but I did like the diversity of age that we had last year and I wonder who'll get Housewives Choice this year???? I've seen rumours that the SCD bosses were struggling to fill places on the show this time round, (perhaps they all wanted to dance with B rendan ha ha) but that could just be newspaper gossip - perhaps the reality is that the budget for celebs has been slashed Smile Smile

On the subject of ringers - I have mixed feelings about ringers and always have had - whilst posting about 'Dancing on Ice' earlier in the year, Jingle made a good point about the fact that with all complete beginners it can get a bit ploddy and not so watchable in the early weeks which is what happened with DOI - like any competition, the odd ringer can in fact push up the standard and make others aspire to raise their game, and lest we remember Aston last year (and others in the past) GBP don't always predictably wave them through - however I do feel that Ashley Roberts is a step too far. I'm sure I watched a dance contest on Sky a few years ago (it wasn't very good) and she was actually on the judging panel!!!! Bit pointless really. However, I'm sure we'll be having the ringer debate for ever and let's hope that the alchemy of SCD will give us some great fledgling and unexpected stars amongst the other contestants!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: - however I do feel that Ashley Roberts is a step too far.  I'm sure I watched a dance contest on Sky a few years ago   (it wasn't very good)  and she was actually on the judging panel!!!!   Bit pointless really.   However,  I'm sure we'll be having the ringer debate for ever and let's hope that the alchemy of SCD will give us some great fledgling and unexpected stars amongst the other contestants!!!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, totally agree with you there Mauve. Added to her dance past, I feel Ashley has already 'done the rounds' of reality programmes and that Strictly is one too many. I really liked her on I'm a Celeb,  but since then she's also been on the Jump, and also judged DOI, as well as various other shows. So I'm already a little 'meh' about her, and wonder if she's motivated by a real desire to dance, or just to raise her profile.

I agree that the contestants so far do seem heavily skewed towards presenters. I don't think all the names have been revealed yet - last year we started with 7 men and 8 women, so there should be 4 more names to come I think. Personally I'd hope for some more sports stars,  although I agree that a few more mature contestants would be good.

The only contestant who's really piqued my interest so far is Danny John-Jules. He may also be a ringer, but I'll confess to complete double standards where he's concerned. I love Death in Paradise, and in my eyes he's the biggest name so far bounce

Hopefully we'll know the remaining names on Monday.....getting excited about the launch show already!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Yes Danny John-Julie's is another ringer who has appeared in a string of West End musicals as a dancer such as Starlight Express. That now makes three - the other two being Faye Tozer and Ashley Roberts.

Some mischievous newspaper reports around today saying Dr Ranj asked for a same sex partner but was refused. Not sure what truth there is in it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi so excited to be able to get back on site after being totally blocked out last year! Will root for Kate Silverton. My daughter knows more of the contestants this year which is unusual. However I am getting a bit excited!,
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 am

Moova 12 wrote:Hi so excited to be able to get back on site after being totally blocked out last year! Will root for Kate Silverton. My daughter knows more of the contestants this year which is unusual. However I am getting a bit excited!,
cheers welcome back Moova we missed you! I too really like Kate Silverton. Hopefully there'll be some 'big' names to be revealed in the next day or so. Not that it bothers me particularly as I hardly ever know everyone at the beginning and it's all part of the fun getting to know them on ITT, but I feel like it needs to show it can still pull in big names if it is to survive.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm

A warm welcome back Moova.

Blue singer and actor Lee Ryan has joined up for 2018 Strictly Come Dancing. Seems he has no previous which is good.

At present I will be rooting for Kate Silverton and Graeme Swann. One or two of the othets (not ringers) could grow on me though. I worry for Katie Piper though as I see that her attacker could be up for release around the time Strictly starts.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Thank you! Mmmmmm Lee Ryan was mentioned with Kate Silverton in an article I read. It was alongside Colleen Rooney and Cheryl Cole
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:26 pm

The British Paralympian Lauren Stenman has been announced on The One Show as another contestant in this year's Strictly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:57 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
cheers welcome back Moova we missed you!  I too really like Kate Silverton. Hopefully there'll be some 'big' names to be revealed in the next day or so. Not that it bothers me particularly as I hardly ever know everyone at the beginning and it's all part of the fun getting to know them on ITT, but I feel like it needs to  show it can still pull in big names if it is to survive.

Big welcome back from me too Moova, so great to see people returning  Very Happy

I was expecting the BBC to reveal the biggest names near the end, but time seems to be running out for that!  Like yourself Allsewn, often my favourites end up being people I'd never heard of at the start so I'm happy enough with some lesser known stars. On the other hand, I do agree that at least a few 'big names' are expected for a prime Saturday night show. I've got vague memories of Blue, but Lee Ryan is hardly a big star imo. I'll admit I've never heard of Lauren Steadman, even though I always watch the paralympics.

Hmmmm. Like someone speculated earlier, I'm beginning to wonder if the budget has been cut (yet again).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:47 pm

So, just out of curiosity I decided to watch a couple of Joe Sugg's YouTube vlogs. He comes across as very likeable, quite funny and self-deprecating - I think he'll be good fun to watch. He mentioned that his granny had danced at Blackpool ...haha, some very early 'get me to Blackpool' lobbying.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Another update:

Kate Silverton (TV News reader) 5' 10
Vicki Hope (Radio Presenter) 5' 8
Susannah Constantine (Fashion Guru) 5' 7
Faye Tozer (Singer) 5' 6
Lauren Steadman (Paralympian) 5' 5
Ashley Roberts (Dancer) 5' 4
Katie Piper (TV Presenter) 5' 3
Stacey Dooley (TV Reporter) 5' 3

Charles Venn (Actor) 6'1
Lee Ryan (Singer) 5' 11
Joe Sugg (Social Media vlogger) 5' 9
Seann Walsh (Comedian) 5' 9
Dr Ranj Singh (NHS & TV) 5' 6

Last edited by B4p on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Hi so excited to be able to get back on site after being totally blocked out last year!
Welcome back Moova flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm

I would love to see Neil with Ashley. I really hope they don't bench him again this year. I don't want to see him following Chloe into the sunset.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:55 am

The line-up is complete as Casualty star Charles Venn joins the show as does TV stylist Susannah Constantine. Venn will be interesting but I know nothing about the lady.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:49 am

And so the full 2018 line-up is finalised and looks like this:-

Kate Silverton (TV News reader)
Faye Tozer (Singer)
Lauren Steadman (Paralympian)
Ashley Roberts (Dancer)
Katie Piper (TV Presenter)
Susannah Constantine (TV Presenter and Stylist)

Graeme Swan (Cricketer)
Lee Ryan (Singer)
Joe Sugg (Social Media vlogger)
Seann Walsh (Comedian)
Danny John-Jules (Actor)
Dr Ranj Singh (NHS & TV)
Charles Venn (Actor)

Well my first opinions are that I will be rooting for Kate Silverton, Graeme Swann and Charles Venn. Also others that may win me over being Katie Piper, Vicki Hope and Seann Walsh.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:03 am

I really can’t see how things are going to work out with the having the 3 new professional dancers. The returning male pros apart from Neil all have had partners. Who would sit out to let the new pros in? I am presuming they have bought them in to have a partner. I had paired Housewives choice with Susannah in my mind but maybe not. Perhaps just a feature role for him. Female pros think it might be Amy to miss out, even though I would prefer it to be Karen. Pasha has been quite flat in the last couple of seasons so maybe he might get a rest. Still not sure Neil will get a look in which would be a shame.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 am

Moova 12 wrote:I really can’t see how things are going to work out with the having the 3 new professional dancers. The returning male pros apart from Neil all have had partners. Who would sit out to let the new pros in? I am presuming they have bought them in to have a partner. I had paired Housewives choice with Susannah in my mind but maybe not. Perhaps just a feature role for him. Female pros think it might be Amy to miss out, even though I would prefer it to be  Karen. Pasha has been quite flat in the last couple of seasons so maybe he might get a rest. Still not sure Neil will get a look in which would be a shame.

Yes I think An.ton will get paired with Susannah as she is nearest to his age group or perhaps Kate Silverton (that would be a great team).

Very unusually and perhaps a first in Strictly - no discernible comedy act.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD Confirmed Contestants 2018

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi all - can't say that I'm really feeling the love about this year's contestants yet - feels a bit flat actually - but one good thing about not knowing much about them is that you often get pleasant surprises and I sometimes watch the show with more of an open mind at the start rather than having expectations about big stars - however, it still would have been nice to have a big name or two or some more mature contestants as per last year's line up which I found to be an interesting one. Definitely a budget cut I think or money going towards the bigger salaries of the presenters and judges. I suppose Susannah Constantine must be one of the most well known names - one half of the Trinny and Susannah stylist duo and one time girlfriend of David Linley. I feel myself drawn towards Kate Silverton and also Katie Piper at this early stage - not sure yet about the men.

One thing I do know is that I am really going to miss B rendan and going through the pro dancers (now 18 of them) I realize that the three new female pros from last year who did not impress me at all are back in the cast (although sometimes it takes me a year or two to warm to new pros once they have settled in a bit) also my two least favourite pro dancers, Janette and Karen are still hanging about - in fact I really wouldn't have minded if Mrs Clifton had taken a walk into the sunset. Hopefully the newest dancers bring a wow factor and add some new interest and hopefully they will have the knack for teaching and choreography and not be too focussed on themselves. I do hope that Neil gets a partner this year and that one of the new pros is on the subs bench. It seems the norm now that there is a 'reserve' team of dancers to do the Sunday night shows and the slots on ITT - ready to step in if needed and I think this should be made up of newbies.

Looking forward to the launch show to see all the new faces - both celebs and pros Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:22 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I realize that the three new female pros from last year who did not impress me at all are back in the cast - also my two least favourite pro dancers, Janette and Karen are still hanging about - in fact I really wouldn't have minded if Mrs Clifton had taken a walk into the sunset. I do hope that Neil gets a partner this year and that one of the new pros is on the subs bench.  It seems the norm now that there is a 'reserve' team of dancers to do the Sunday night shows and the slots on ITT - ready to step in if needed and I think this should be made up of newbies.
I think that's one of the reason's Chloe left. She made it clear last year she wasn't happy being benched for the newbies. I guessed Luba would be joining the cast as she's Gio's other half. Looking forward to seeing Johannes who's the tallest now I think. I'll be annoyed if Neil's benched again. I know the management wanted a 'reserve group' of dancers a few years ago which didn't go down well with the pros. I suppose some will be earmarked for the Christmas special. The pros and celebs are practising together this week. It must be tough on those pros that end up with no-one after mixing with the celebs in the pre launch practice sessions.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Kate Silverton to win; that is all. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum