Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite Strictly Final?

3 posters

Go down

What's your favourite Strictly Final? Empty What's your favourite Strictly Final?

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Thought I had better open a new thread for this...

My favourite was easily the final that Kara Tointon won (2009?). All the finalist were brilliant and the dresses were fabulous. I'll admit to not being so keen on Kara's showdance (in which she hurt her wrist) but the other three dances - yes, there were FOUR dances in the final! - were amazing. And the dresses... And there was such an air of emotional expectancy - all the will they/won't they of Kara and Artem. ANd Matt Baker was a very close second - I would have been just as happy if he had won. But Kara is my all time favourite winner.

My second favourite was the one that the Crying Man won and Danny and Oti thrilled me with another rendition of their legendary Samba (2016). A year when, though I had my favourite, I didn't really mind who won, and when the Crying Man did Singing in The Rain and the wonderful showdance I was ok about my favourite not winning (it was actually Oti who was my favourite!).

Third was the year Alesha Dixon won - when she was just cinderella turned into a ballroom princess before the backlash when she became a judge and everyone loathed her.

My least favourite - toss up between this year and last year. Which I can't really call until this year's has actually happened...

So, tell me your top three finals (or less if you haven't got three!) x
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite Strictly Final? Empty Re: What's your favourite Strictly Final?

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 pm

BUMP!!!!

Just thought it would be something to amuse ourselves whilst we wait for the christmas show...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite Strictly Final? Empty Re: What's your favourite Strictly Final?

Post  jingle Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:38 am

Good question Diamonds.  A hard choice, but I think my favourite final of all has to be 2007 when Matthew Cutler was my favourite pro, and won with Alesha. Although that year I would’ve been just as happy if one of the other two finalist had won (Matt Di Angelo with Flavia, or Gethin with Camilla).

Second favourite -  probably 2010 when Kara won, with Matt Baker in second place (back in those days they announced second and third). However I wasn’t keen on Pamela Stephenson at all, so didn’t really enjoy seeing her in the final (she came third).  I think that was also the year when the Strictly final was shown live in cinemas in 3D.  I was lucky enough to get tickets, so it made the final extra special.

Third favourite has to be Louis Smith in 2012 winning against Denise van Outen and Kimberley Walsh. I’d supported Louis from the start, and loved his showdance (although when I rewatch it now, it isn’t such a wow dance at all).

If I’m allowed to stretch my top three into a top five, I’d add Tom Chambers winning in 2008 – I still remember his showdance like it was yesterday.  Also, 2006 when Mark Ramprakash won against Rachel Stevens and Lisa Snowdon.

Hmm, I’ve noticed that none of last six Strictly finals have made it into my favourites. I’m not sure why that is  scratch
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:15 am

Oh, and least favourite final has definitely been this year, I've already cast it out of my mind. Hoping 2019 will be a bumper year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 am

Hmmm a tough question.

I did like the year Ore Oduba won. I also have a soft spot in a strange way for the final Chris Hollins won - he and put a vest on you strumpet Jordan were a fun couple.

This year I never really had anything invested in the finalists. The quality was top notch though but it falls way down on my list of favourites.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum