Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Judges

+4
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
mauveangel09
B4p
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SCD 2019 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Judges

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:48 pm

It seems to be the trend this year for the top dance of the night to be given '10's????? I'm not impressed - I know we've had the odd '10' being given early in the series for the past few years now, but every week??? and 3 out of 4 judges last night???
Its almost as though they've been told that it is ok to do it this year - and I'm afraid Motsi is very guilty - even though I like her in all other respects. When are the judges going to have their customary 'get tough' week? At this rate we will get to the quarter finals and '10' won't be anything special at all - let alone the finals. SCD need to be careful they aren't putting nails in their coffin here! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I loved Gio and Michelle last night but didn't see why the dance would be given 3 '10's?

'Down with that sort of thing' (to be said in a Father Ted voice Very Happy )

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm guessing next week will be the 'get tough-low score' week.
Several mentions from the judges that they're looking for detail now, which is right considering we must be approaching the halfway mark in the next week or two.
I think the lack of consistency is still the problem and the actual scores often don't reflect the comments. For example, Cr aig slated Emma saying she looked like a ballet dancer, needed 10x more energy and the performance skills were down, but then gave her a 6. He said Chris looked like he'd come back from the dead, yet still gave him 5. Motsi, Shirley and Br uno all gave Alex a 9, the same as they gave Kelvin which is ridiculous

Last edited by B4p on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Yes I must moan about the judges scoring and remarks. I loved Michelle and Gio's dance but even, I spotted an error with clear gapping at the start of the dance so surely that should detract a mark straight away so not worthy of 10's. And then we had the teacher's pet Kelvin. His feet never hit the floor until around 30 seconds into the dance and by even his own admission and was spotted by judges he made errors yet got 9's across the board with B.runo claiming it as one of the best Tango's he'd ever seen!! Eh??? Now I keep hearing judges saying they are subtracting a mark for this or that error to the lesser couples but it would seem different rules apply to Kelvin.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:07 am

I would like to wish Shirley good luck for her surgery planned for tomorrow I think. She's planning on being back next Saturday but she's not going to be firing on all cylinders
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Week 10

As usual we have the post Blackpool Blues where everyone scores traditionally plummet, but did they?.

I wish the scores would reflect the comments given.
'It's week 10. We're being picky and looking for more now. We're expecting better footwork now'
then next thing you know, high scores are being dished out.

Alex for example got a bit of a panning from the judges, yet was then scored an 8 by Br uno.

Kelvin who spent almost half of his routine sitting down at the kitchen table (not mentioned by the judges) managed 3x 10

Emma who made several mistakes with footwork and timing still got 2x 8

Chris who put on a good show, but was only marginally better than Saffron and Alex, managed to get 5 points more than them with 3x8
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:13 pm

But B4p those long seconds practising "Sitting" down took all week to rehearse. Judges so blown away by the skill they forgot to mention it Very Happy The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman would have said stop that faffing about and I was waiting for the dance to begin!

Time I feel new quartet of Judges even C.raig affraid been there since 2004 but shows changed,costumes,music,style so see no reason why the longest serving judges are not refreshed!
Plus presenter Tess or pin badge on her stop holding hands with contestants , they are not toddlers!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:59 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Plus presenter Tess or pin badge on her stop holding hands with contestants , they are not toddlers!

Totally agree Sax -  I've just said much the same in the Presenters thread, in response to a fabulous rant by B4P
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 am

I enjoyed the judges tonight. I thought they were much more in accord. They all seem to get on well together.

I loved that they joined in the 'Hello Dolly' Pro dance, and Cr aig stole the show as Dolly (the years of being Panto Dame are obviously doing the trick).

Motsi's getting a bit over excited, but then again that's probably highlighted by her sitting next to Cr aig.

I thought Br uno's comments were following my train of thought tonight and he actually comes out with some sense when he's not acting up to the camera.

I wondered in Cr aig spent most of his time sitting because his hip might be playing up in all this damp weather.

The marks were still very varied. I'm surprised Shirley gave Chris an 8 for a Foxless Foxtrot, particularly as she's the technical judge.

I thought Emma's was slightly overmarked.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:12 am

The judges were an embarrassment last night with their behaviour. Took me back to Osmonds and Bay City Roller concerts of the 1970s with screaming, teary-eyed excitable teenagers.

Shirley is supposed to be head judge and show a modicum of decorum. She can't. Her obvious love affair with Kelvin and Karim is nauseous. She better have had her incontinence pants on as I swear she wet herself twice last night. Just because C.raig had the audacity to offer a tad of criticism to her golden boy she threw a hissy fit at C.raig as if to say how dare you not kiss his backside and lick his boots. So unbecoming.

Motsi, as well, was at it offering Karim to come and sit next to her and then kissing C.raig because he gave a 10 for Karim. Gee whizz.

I am a non-conformist. If someone or people try shoving someone or something down my throat telling me I should love them then it has the opposite effect on me. It makes me more agin. That is what is happening here for Kelvin and Karim.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2