Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Main Show Presenters

4 posters

Go down

SCD 2019 Main Show Presenters Empty SCD 2019 Main Show Presenters

Post  B4p Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Rylan Clark-Neal has been announced as ITT co-host with Zoe this year. Not sure if Gethin is roving reporter for the main show again.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Main Show Presenters Empty Re: SCD 2019 Main Show Presenters

Post  B4p Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Well I managed to tolerate the inane comments for 10 weeks, but this week I was actually shouting  'shut up' (or words a bit more colourful) at the TV during the Results show. I'll be hovering on the mute button next week.

An example of the predictable weekly comments on the Results Show, (only the contestants names change) and my family's typical answers (a bit like a Strictly Gogglebox).
Post dance-off vote on the balcony with Claudia:
Claud - well here we have 2 very relieved couples.
me - 'I'd never have guessed'.

Claudia -  How do you feel? Sometimes the additional, 'you're shaking' or 'I can see you're upset/emotional'. You must be so relieved.
my partner - 'am I bovvered?'
me -  'interesting how this is the only part of the week when nobody says 'we're only here to have fun'

Claudia - (On the last couple getting through). Did you think you'd get through?
Me - 'No embarrassment there then, highlighting they'd just scraped through!'

The Dance-off
Tess - well it's a real shock to see you here in the dance-off
me - 'no it's not, you've known longer than most. It's written on your card'.

Tess - Nobody wanted to see you here.
Me - 'Somebody must have. They didn't get the vote'.

My partner - 'How do you feel?'
Tess - How do you feel?
My partner - 'how do you think she feels you bloody idiot, she's crying!'

Tess - I don't like to ask you when you're crying
my partner - 'then don't!'
Me - 'rub it in. Tell the world the poor girls crying, and trying to hold it together on National TV'.

Tess - You've been here before, (or this is your second time in the dance-off)
my partner - 'she's toast then'.
me - 'lets just remind the world it's not the first time they polled low votes. Cheesegrater and some extra salt for the wound anyone'

Tess - judges, what can she do in the dance off?
Judges - it was fine the first time
me - 'no it wasn't, you marked them down, and said they were rubbish'

Judges - do everything the same .....
me - 'Eh? - Isn't that why they're in the dance-off?'  
Judges - ........only better
me - 'who knew?'

Judges - just go out and enjoy yourself
me - 'no hope then? it'll be your last chance!'
Tess - to Saffron - do your best (pulling her best 'mummy will kiss it better' face). Go get into position

Tess - to Karim. Well it's a real shock to see you here.
me - 'yep'

Tess -  How do you feel?
me - 'really?'
my partner - 'car crash questions again'.

Karim - alright actually.
me - 'not surprising given the opposition. How can they compare his dance with hers?'
Karim - I get to dance it again.
my partner - 'what did he dance?'
me - 'Forgotten it already'.

Tess - Judges - what can he do in the dance off? (repeat previous comments that they gave to Saffron)

Tess -  to Karim - we're all behind you....
me - 'she can't say that, she's showing bias'.
my partner - 'he's the favourite' (my partner knows nothing about the Strictly contestants). He's in, she's out'.

After the Judges Votes
Tess - Well it's time to leave the competition.
me - 'Thanks for that. I thought it was now an entertainment programme'.
Tess - your grandparent's are in tears. Camera pans to weeping grandparents.
me - 'nanna's back.'
Tess - lets see your Strictly j.ou.rn.ey
me - 'really? Give the girl a break. Lets see it on Monday when she might be a bit calmer'.

Tess - Would you like to say anything to this man (AJ)
me - 'seriously? The girl can hardly see, yet alone speak'.
Tess - I don't want to send you off when your crying
me - 'yes you do, there's no alternative'.,

Tess -  its time to take your place for one last dance.
me - 'except for the group number in the final, a potential Christmas Special, and the Strictly Tour.'
me - well that should finish her off.
my partner - it's like there's the door - close it on the way out!

Its not surprising that a lot of exiting couples don't even have a parting twirl now, but just call their friends round for a group hug.
I thought Mike's Conga line was brilliant.

The Result Show has become excruciating. If it wasn't for the pro dances and some of the guests, I wouldn't bother with it.
Surely post Blackpool, now that we don't have so many couples, the Result show could be combined with the Main Show. It would also be one way of avoiding fillers on the Main Show like Br uno's warbling.

Last edited by B4p on Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 pm

cheers  Bravo for a mega-rant B4P!!

Yes, I totally agree. The questions and comments being made by presenters and at times judges can be tedious, repetitive, inane, and predictable. I think out of all of them Claud is the best ad libber and most able to frame her questions is an interesting way. Conversely T.ess seems to be getting worse with the baby-talk and hand-holding and generally treating contestants like they're 5 years old. I can't remember who it was, think it was Saffron, but T.ess's comments were along the lines of 'Oooh poor sweetie-pie, don't cry'. It was embarrassing to watch.  I do think T.ess is the weakest link, especially in the live show, and a new lead host would be a good idea.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 pm

T ess was never the answer to Brucie leaving. Only the producers seemed to think so. And if she says "my darling" one more time..... Evil or Very Mad (You can't make an "ism", because, like me, she comes from Bolton, and I can be annoying enough for both of us on my own, thanks) ...The compare job was always ready-made for A nton and Claudia, still is. Amen.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Fantastic B4p!  Oh how I wish you and your family appeared on Google box whilst watching SCD! I could hear the comments said in your household repeated in ours and many others! I'm  usually screaming let go of their hands for gods sake their not 3 anymore. ...

Really wish your post B4p in all its glory read out on ITT or by the SCD lurking background team in forums at the weekly crew meet up! Oh to be a fly on that wall Very Happy

Total kudo B4p for making my day... Thanks Jingle for pointing me towards B4P's post
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Thanks everyone. Just a bit of silly venting. The Result show script is so predictable now, that it's like we're watching one of those cult films that you sing along too like Rocky Horror, or Grease!

For heaven's sake - change the script writers, or get someone who can adlib
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 am

The whooping and hollering in the Clauditorium is starting to resemble a football terrace. Keep it down folks, we can't hear what Claudia's saying.
Thankfully it helped drown out 'The Phantom of the Opera' who looked like he staggered in from the bar with his mask skew-whiff.

T ess was quieter and not interrupting the judges which was great. Her multicoloured foil effect dress, reminded me I need to find the Christmas dangly ceiling decs out.

It was nice to see Claud in the silver colour, but the length and amount of fringing on the dress swamped her a bit. Someone else noted that it reminded them of a lamp shade.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum