Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a Celebrity returns to Wales

4 posters

Go down

I'm a Celebrity returns to Wales Empty I'm a Celebrity returns to Wales

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:20 pm

I love IACGMOOH and having it in sunny balmy mmmm ooh no grey, damp and strange ARAF signs Wales going to be very different. I bet we get no bikini fight for shower tv moments. Be a let's Don a wetsuit as surely Beverly can't be that shade of blue naturally Rolling Eyes
Tess with her husband in the show will she look a little perturbed during filming if his said anything revealing re Vernon-foot-in-mouth? Or will he be doing Trials every night?
Not sure about AJ in it as feel his in a lot of reality shows lately.
Loved Ant & Dec finally doing a few Trials .

Wonder what fun we might see? Zip Wires over the Turrets? Diving in The Dungeons for Bones? Fright Night in a Wardrobe and I'm not taking SCD lol alien drunken
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

I'm a Celebrity returns to Wales Empty Re: I'm a Celebrity returns to Wales

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:24 pm

I didn't realise Vernon & AJ were in it. What a shocker - I bet they were expecting a jolly to warmer climes when they signed up. I think Vernon will cope but I'm not so sure about Mighty Mouse.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Lol love the term Mighty Mouse! Not sure how AJ cope without his hair products. Vernon not seen a lot of save his Tess' other half...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:03 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Lol love the term Mighty Mouse! Not sure how AJ cope without his hair products.  Vernon not seen a lot of save his Tess' other half...
He's quite down to earth and a people person. I like him. He probably knows more about Strictly than T ess. it's a shame he couldn't have a guest presenter slot on the main show, just to see how he got on.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 pm

B4p wrote:
He's quite down to earth and a people person. I like him. He probably knows more about Strictly than T ess. it's a shame he couldn't have a guest presenter slot on the main show, just to see how he got on.

Have you SEEN his delivery to camera?!! Razz As demonstrated in the VTs introducing his dances and in spots on ITT. He is a wooden as... as wooden spoon. Laughing Laughing He is notorious for it! But I think that is very much what he was hoping for post Strictly - a career in presenting (not Strictly, anything - probablyaimed at the youth market). However I don't think anybody has been knocking at his door, which I don't think is entirely down to the timing of covid...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:46 pm

I liked Vernon on Family Fortunes, and I always enjoy listening to him on ITT's Friday panel, he seems to be knowledgeable when he's talking about the dances. Mind you, compared with T ess........... I might watch a few 'jungle' clips to see how the set are melding. Can't be doing with the bush tucker trials - can't see the point. Always feel sorry for the animals and critters involved too.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:30 am

Im so looking forward to IACGMOOH. The Rain, The Land Fret The Drizzle, The Raining Cats and Dogs and lets not forget the Fog too!
Seen the camp pictures but are they outside under a canvas roof? or are they in damp rooms in Castle?
Will there be Zip Wire Trials from The Turrets? Splash fun in a Moat? Secret Tunnels in the Dungeons?
Jousting oh dear god please let it be so in the grounds.
Will they have the Camp divided into Serfs and Lords & Ladies?
Will they have Rival Armies to sieze the Iron Throne Room? omg Dragons! well after all it is Wales & a Dragon on the Welsh Flag bounce
Will we have suprise additions? Usually we get a new pair in later.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm really really enjoying this years show. The castle looks absolutely stunning, I'm not missing the jungle in the slightest.  Although I do worry a little about the bugs used in the trials - in the jungle I imagine they just happily scuttle off into the undergrowth, but there's nowhere to escape to in the castle.

Liking all of the campmates so far, and I'm not surprised that Jordan North has turned out to be the 'character' of the group. I listen to him on radio one sometimes and he always seems funny and very accident-prone. I'm liking Vernon more than I expected, and even Shane Richie. It was hilarious when Shane was trying to teach Victoria how to tell a joke properly on last nights show. A pity AJ has faded into the background somewhat, I  miss him from Strictly, wish he hadn't left.

I think the change of setting has injected a whole new lease of life into the show, and Ant and Dec are on top form. I've no idea who the eventual king or queen of the castle will be, but happy with any of them to win.
jingle
jingle

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Im enjoying the show too. It was very amusing Victoria trying hher " Joke" out on other camp mates.
I like Jordan and I had never heard of him before. Shane & Vernon both are in the front of things and enjoying them both.
AJ and to a degree Mo have been almost edged out and really are not offering much.
Beverley I didn't think Id enjoy but I must admit she makes me laugh.
The Castle lookx beautiful. Im hoping for a few Zip wire Trials and water ones too. Can they fill in a moat quickly@
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Wading in...!

I don't always watch I'm a Sleb, but thought I would tune in this year.

It feels like there was more freeedom in the jungle to go for a wander and get some excercise.  Watching poor Mo jog around the castle courtyard is a bit like watching a caged animal pacing up and down its confines.

I worry about Jess feeling the cold - there is nothing of her and she was frozen to death during the first task.  If she is anything like me (and she seems to be) those stupid gilets won't keep her warm. My body regulates by having my wrists and forearms (and ankles and shins) either exposed or overed up.  Hence I can run in a down jacket as long as the sleeves are rolled up.  Conversely, if it is freezing cold and my arms aren't covered then I am going too turn BLUE!

I mainly worry about Jordan - he has severe and genuine panic attacks and there seems to be no professionals around to see that he is ok.  And of COURSE the stupid p ublic want to see him do task after task, as apparently seeing someone in the throes of terrible panic and anxiety is highly entertaining... Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes In the first task (abseil) he should have gone in the middle - that way he would have seen others do it successfully and safely, but still got team members at the top to calm and encourage and support him.  (I do that sort of activity with at work all the time and there is NO way you would make the most nervous person wait until last - whoever advises on the task and set it up was either ignored (because, y'know, telly) or is unprofessional).

Shane and Vernon are EXACTLY the kind of alpha male I take very much Agin...  We would lock horns if we met... Mo is EXACTLY as I thought he would be - a beautiful human being with a beautiful soul.  And then there is Jordan, who when not doing the tasks and distressing me, is also a strong character. AJ...  has kind of hidden himself. Maybe there are too many strong personalities for him to shine through.  

Beverley Callard is a sweetheart and quite amusing.  I also love Giovanna.  I think Holly was set up - ie told to always say 'MBE' whenever she introduced herself so she could be taken the piss out of by Ant and Dec (and the whole of twitter).  Victoria seems nicer than I thought she would be (loved how she persisted with the joke - although it seemed more that Shane couldn't let it go than her), and I don't think we have seen enough of Jess to make a judgement, but she seems sweet enough (and freezing to death).

Of the two new ones, thought I would love Ruthie, but those 'it's like school' and 'I left camping after one night' comments made me reconsider a little (snooty).  However, she was very good at dancing with critters in her nikkers...

Russell is someone I have never taken too, so maybe he will prove me wrong and I will end up wanting him to win...!

I think, because I feel the cold so much, I find watching the setting in the castle slightly uncomfortable, in a way I don't when they are in the jungle (which is lovely and warm!).  And as I say, they don't seem to be allowed out of the castle into the grounds to have a good walk, which would warm them up and stop them looking so caged.

Looks like I am less of a fan than you all are, but I shall persevere.

There's only one winner though.  Mo. Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm

In the Jungle they did seem to have more room ie wander to the Pool for a swim or the Bikini shot in the Waterfall.
They also went off for wood to collect and always had to keep Water on the boil on the fire.
Also they did sleep outside under Canvas Sails and shared with Critters.
I agree it did look sad Mo pacing round the Courtyard.
I would have thought a sort of around the Castle Grounds exercise track/walk might have been set up.
For me, stronger personalities always tend to overshadow quieter ones ie Mo and to a point AJ. Each year the one celeb that either cries, throws up or faints always picked to do the Trials. It makes the viewing figures for the company and keeps the programme at the top.
Holly tbh Ive not noticed as the two main females Victoria & Beverley get the tv coverage.
Ruth not keen on from DOI and Russell mm no idea about him.
Id like to see more on The Castle and Trials. Seance in the Dungeon. Jousting rounds on wooden Horses.
Scale a Turret to grab Flags.
If they are not having to drink just water all the time as not in the heat of Oz are they drinking copious amounts of Bovril or Tea?

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum