Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dance art.

5 posters

Go down

Dance art. Empty Dance art.

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Following a suggestion from Sax, does anyone paint or draw dance art? I paint lots and would love to see the work of other dance lovers who paint. This is another one of mine:

Dance art. Tango210
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dance art. Empty Re: Dance art.

Post  B4p Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:55 pm

That's fabulous Tango.
I'm not an artist but I do like to look at artist's work. I might look around for other paintings featuring dance.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:54 pm

I paint a bit, but purely abstract. They don't 'mean' anything, they don't represent anything, they have no message or story, they are just colours on paper inspired by my very beautiful surroundings. I do them to fulfil the need to get out of my head all the colours swirling and exploding there like a silent firework display. It is soothing and absorbing to do. I am not an angsty artist - I am a carefree, joyous four year old in an grown-up's body.

But I am full of admiration for people who can capture real life - especially the movement involved with depicting dancers. Tango is wonderful at that - incredibly talented.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:30 pm

Love the art work Mr T. Im used to drawing big scale art work for Classroom Freezes! usually involving Fairy Tales or Nursery Rhymnes.
I do thou long to try Charcoal drawings and maybe after lockdown, Tiers A-Z i might find a beginners class.
Really happy to see more of your artwork they really cheer me up.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks all for the nice comments. Here's another; this is Paso Doble:Dance art. Paso_110
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Its gorgeous and lots of movement in the photo. The shading adds to the lightness & fluidity of the dance. Its almost as if you have captured them on pause and they await the " Play" button to come to life.flower
For some reason on first glance I though of " Emma"
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Not all dance is ballroom style. Some is out on the pavement.....My surname gives the clue...(-:Dance art. Morris10
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Absolutely love your art Tango, there's so much movement in them. The colours in your Morris dancers are gorgeous.

I've painted on and off for several years, portraits and landscapes, but seem to have lost the painting mojo this year. Hopefully it'll return.

Would love to see more from your collection.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 pm

Love this. Created such a light and joyful scene.You can feel the sashay of the dancers almost in midflow freeze. Your eyes are drawn into the colours of the outfits and their details.
A dandy group of dancers making many young ladies swoon.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:40 pm

jingle wrote:Absolutely love your art Tango, there's so much movement in them. The colours in your Morris dancers are gorgeous.

I've painted on and off for several years, portraits and landscapes, but seem to have lost the painting mojo this year. Hopefully it'll return.

Would love to see more from your collection.

Thank you Sax, D & P and Jingle. I'm happy to show them Jingle. I'd love to see the dance works of others if anybody else paints.Some are just line work, like this. I like to paint in this style

Dance art. Flamen10
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum