Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alaska Dream.

4 posters

Go down

Alaska Dream. Empty Alaska Dream.

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Anybody catch the documentary about Jane Torville and Chris Dean's dream of skating the Bolero on a lake in Alaska? They did, and it was amazing. What a staggerigly talented pair they are?Alaska Dream. Ultima13

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ADDED IMAGE.)
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Alaska Dream. Empty Re: Alaska Dream.

Post  jingle Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Yes, I watched it yesterday Tango, what spectacular scenery, especially when they were skating on the glacier. I couldn't believe when Chris dived down under the ice, I bet that was a mix of exhilarating and terrifying. So glad they finally found a lake to recreate the Bolero. But more than that, the programme was a lovely insight into life in Alaska, I especially loved the lit-up home-made skating rink as a place for families to meet in the evening. Sadly, also an insight into the pace of climate change with the melting glaciers.

Great painting Tango!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Alaska Dream. Empty Re: Alaska Dream

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Not watched it yet but have it sitting there recorded - just need to get Mr Mauve in the right mood for it.
Really looking forward to watching it and you have given it great reviews - love the picture Mr T.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:55 pm

Love just love the drawing. Id love to see it used on D.O.I..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Alaska Dream. Empty Re: Alaska Dream

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:41 am

After many weeks I finally watched it - lovely relaxing show. The bits where they were skating along the rivers and lakes were mesmerising.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum