Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Professional Dancers

+3
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
B4p
7 posters

Go down

2021 Professional Dancers Empty 2021 Professional Dancers

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Professional Dancer Line up for 2021

Nadia 5' 8
Amy 5' 7
Luba 5' 6
Nancy 5' 6
Katya 5' 5
Karen 5' 5
Oti 5' 3
Diane 5' 2
Janette 4' 10

Alijaz 6' 0
Neil 6' 0
Johannes 5' 11
An ton 5' 11
Graziano 5' 9
Giovani 5' 9
Gorka 5' 5

Last edited by B4p on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Professional Dancers Empty Re: 2021 Professional Dancers

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:14 pm

Wow, amazed to find out Janette under 5ft! I would never have guessed 4ft 10".
Gorka 5ft 5"! wonder if V.incent or AJ similar height?

No Karen's stats or Karen not mentioned?
The last 2 series Ive really enjoyed watching her dance, her choreography. Seems a lot calmer than earlier series.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:59 pm

I think some of the imperial to metric measures are more of an estimate on different sites. A J was 5' 5 and Vincent 5' 7. I thought Johannes was as tall as Alijaz, but I checked on two or three different sites.
It will be interesting to see what Nancy pulls out of the bag this year if she has a contestant.
I'm guessing that at least 2 dancers will be on the subs bench.
My mistake - Karen is on the BBC site VT release.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Professional Dancers Empty 4 New Pro Dancers Announced

Post  B4p Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Copied from the BBC page:

Our dazzling new dancers stepping into the Strictly ballroom hail from all across the globe: South Africa, Ukraine, Poland and the United Kingdom.

They are: World Junior Latin American Champion 2010 and former Dancing With The Stars Ireland professional
Kai Widdrington 6' 2

six-time Latin and Ballroom National Champion in Italy and former Let’s Dance Germany professional
Nikita Kuzmin 5' 9

reigning South African Latin Champion
Cameron Lombard 5' 10

and Polish Open Latin Champion 2014 and winner of BBC One’s The Greatest Dancer 2020,
Jowita Przystal. unknown but smaller than Oti, possibly around 5'

They join the professional dancers already revealed for the upcoming series:
Aljaž Škorjanec,
Neil Jones,
Giovanni Pernice,
Gorka Marquez,
Graziano Di Prima,
Johannes Radebe,

Karen Hauer,
Katya Jones,
Luba Mushtuk,
Nadiya Bychkova,
Nancy Xu,
Amy Dowden,
Dianne Buswell,
Oti Mabuse.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Well we're up and running. Any thoughts on the pro dancers or choreography so far?

Starting with the newbies:
Nikita - I think Nikita created a simple, but safe Waltz routine for Tilly. Hopefully his latin will have a bit more light and shade.

Nancy - I wasn't a fan of Nancy's routine this week. Her facial expressions waiting for the judges comments are a hoot. I don't think the Clauditorium is the place to start dissecting and dissing Rhys posture in front of his potential voting fans.

Kai - smashed it with his Jive choreography. He's set the bar high and doesn't look like he intends to dumb down his routines for AJ (who rose to the challenge magnificently).

Amy - I really hope the perennial 'girl next door' drops the old pointing finger move, it looks odd, like she's telling her partner off!

Oti - I don't get the impression that she's clicking with Ugo. In fairness, it must be hard for him to know he's got the x2 champion who also choreographed that stunning Danny Mac African Samba. He's got a lot to live up too. I think she commented on a VT that she lets him talk for 30 minutes while she wears her headphones, then they start training! I'm sure if there's talent there, she'll find it. I think Oti and Katya are my favourite female choreographers.

Alijaz - jumping around Sara like a fried Mexican bean is only going to accentuate the fact that she moves a lot slower than him. Looking forward to a classy ballroom which he excels at.

Nadia - seems to be getting on well with Daniel. She's not had much luck with her other contestants, so it will be good to see what choreography she can create for someone who hopefully will stay in a bit longer.

Gio - Well my respect for Gio has gone up gazillion percent. He is one of the few pros that maintain eye contact with his partners throughout the dance. He really does now concentrate solely on them, in contrast to his first 'me-me-me' season. This was particularly noticeable when he was dancing with Rose on Saturday. I'm sure he relishes the opportunity to extend his teaching experience and learning to sign is great for Rose and those watching with hearing loss. Breaking down a dance into beat counts and pauses, instead of dancing to the music is hard to do, but he not only did it, but did a great job. Rose spent a fair bit of time solo or parallel to him, not so much in a safer hold.

Gorka - has settled down into a solid choreographer. He's matured a lot in the last few years, still got his sense of humour, but not so much the joker of the pack with his buddies Alijaz and Gio.

Diane - I could see why Diane went for the comedy angle, but considering that Cha-cha was the result of 2 weeks hard work, it was a bit of a train crash. I'm a bit worried whether Robert can actually play it straight. If not he'll be gone first unless the public throw him a life-line.

Karen - Credit to Karen that she didn't bite back when T ess was interjecting about 'fundamentals'. I don't think Shirley is a fan of Karen's choreography, but I think Shirley could have turned her comments into something more positive. I hope Karen can showcase whatever potential Greg has. I can't see him head flipping to Street/Commercial somehow.

Neil - Still an unknown from a choreography and teaching point of view. I think Katya used to influence a lot of their previous dances. I hope he can push Nadia into the second half. She's certainly keen.

Johannes - Is just a joy to watch. Such a charismatic and talented dancer. Hopefully John will stay in until at least the second half so that we can enjoy Johannes innovative choreography ideas. I like how he uses the musical highlights to accentuate small detailed moves. Vincent, Matthew and Darren used to use this to great effect. Along with Gio, he's probably my favourite male choreographer.

Graziano - Looks like he's getting on well with the larger than life Judi. I look forward to seeing his choreography for her.

Katya - Has her work cut out with Adam. There's a lot of expectation from the judges and his fans. I was surprised at the simplicity of the Cha-Cha routine. Was that because Adam was struggling in training? She did say on a training VT that he wasn't quite getting it yet.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 pm

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Katya!  She was fine with Joe, (so fine she won) but with Ed Balls and post Joe I have generally hated her choreo. I also feel that she has a faux freindship/connection with most of her celebs (apart from perhaps the one we won't talk about because it was all far too tacky).  I am not feeling any connection or chemistry with Adam - a clash of egos possibly.

Karen is another one who I think finds it hard to connect.  She used to be extraordinarily and annoyingly hyper - observing her in the last couple of series I feel that that zany, chicken-eating, hopped up on haribo persona is a mask and the quieter very reserved and quite cool persona is actually her.  I find her very lacking in warmth, whichever persona she is being, and that is why I have never been drawn to her. I am still pretty agin her, even though the chicken-eating was back in the dark ages of strictly. I have always felt her choreo is a bit lacking too.  She has never come anywhere near winning strictly, despite now being the longest serving pro in the show.  A combo of lacklustre choregraphy and lacking any real chemistry with any of her partners perhaps. Also, not the greatest teacher...

I agree that Gio is a great choreographer and has been for some series now, along with being the best teacher, except for Oti.  But agree that Gorka has grown and is putting together some great routines and also seems to be a reasonable teacher.

Oti is a goddess and usually finds a connection with all her partners, but Im not really feeling it this year with Ugo. Perhaps, because it is a weird and sad time for him, having lost his father, he is not really fully there to connect with.  They may warm up - we shall see.

I don't for one second believe Kai is 26 and I am Agin him.  However, he was on Irish Dancing with the Stars for several years (including partnering Brian Dowling in a same sex coupling years before Strictly...) and I think he has good form in teaching and in choreo. I am not warming one jot to him, but he seems to be working wonders with AJ.

Nikita is an annoying little squit and reminds me very much of Young Cameron (because we have a 28 year old Cameron as well)/the Alpaca (because of his fringe) who was a 19 year old student who worked with us this summer.  Not intriniscally bad just... super annoying, but actually hiding a reasonably sweet person somewhere deep inside.  Hopefully Nikita will mature in a couple of series and be less annoying (although... look at James Jordan).

Nancy is also proving to be super annoying. And she let Vicky dress her her in inappropriate-to-the-dance attire  I am borderline agin, but am frantically trying to give her a chance. Her teaching methods are... probably effective, but the showing up of your pupil in front of everyone is a HUGE no-no. I can't even remember their waltz(VW?), so that doesn't bode well for her choreo.

I think Graziano was too green when he partnered Vick Hope.  New to the country, new to Strictly, probably a bit overawed. But he is clearly a real sweety and I think Vick was quite horrible to him. I don't think we will see amazing things from him (in this series), but I think he will nurture Audi and they will entertain from the mutual warmth and respect they have for each other.  Thsi is always lovely to watch and should never be underestimated. I'd far rather watch Audi and Graz do a technically not very good dance, but glow with their chemistry and bonhomie and effort (but not comedy, never comedy), than watch Rhys and Nancy or Adam and Katya perform a much more technically accomplished but cold and distant dance.

Nadiya is someone who has grown in confidence  For all her slinky blondeness, I don;t think she was very confident at all her first couple of series.  She tried so hard with Davood, but you could see her trying and she forgot to enjoy herself.  I feel she has come of age now and with Daniel she has forged a real connection. She has blossomed herself and is more confident in her teaching and choreo. I now think she is a real sweetheart.

If Oti is a Goddess then Johannes is another one. Real rapport with all of his partners I think, great choreographer, good teacher.  But I think this year is particularly special for him and I think it will give him a platform to show off some of choreographing skills that haven't had an outlet before. Some people just have lovely souls, and Johannes is one of them.

Got a bit emosh with all that loveliness, so I am shall leave it there.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I don't for one second believe Kai is 26 and I am Agin him.  I am not warming one jot to him, but he seems to be working wonders with AJ. Kai seems very aware of the camera angles. I noticed him watching where the camera was and smiling into it more than smiling at AJ. I agree about his showbiz age

Nikita is an annoying little squit. No sugar-coating? Made me laugh

I think Graziano was too green when he partnered Vick Hope.  New to the country, new to Strictly, probably a bit overawed. But he is clearly a real sweety and I think Vick was quite horrible to him. I don't think we will see amazing things from him (in this series), but I think he will nurture Audi and they will entertain from the mutual warmth and respect they have for each other.  Thsi is always lovely to watch and should never be underestimated. I'd far rather watch Audi and Graz do a technically not very good dance, but glow with their chemistry and bonhomie and effort (but not comedy, never comedy), than watch Rhys and Nancy or Adam and Katya perform a much more technically accomplished but cold and distant dance.
I agree. Graz is settling down and starting to grow on me. He seems a very caring chap.
B4p
B4p

diamondsandpearls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:58 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:

I don't for one second believe Kai is 26 and I am Agin him.  However, he was on Irish Dancing with the Stars for several years (including partnering Brian Dowling in a same sex coupling years before Strictly...) and I think he has good form in teaching and in choreo. I am not warming one jot to him, but he seems to be working wonders with AJ.

I'm intrigued by Kai, and have done a bit of googling. Yes, based on his history he does seem to be 26, which is pretty unbelievable.  A couple of trivial fun facts about Kai:

He currently shares a flat with Giovanni

He used to dance in a competitive troupe with Katya and Neil

Of his four series of Dancing with the Stars, he's had two second places.

He was Amy's dance partner in last years Remembrance Sunday pro dance

(a fact which may interest Tango) His father Tommy is a former professional footballer, now director of Bristol Rovers, and his brother is also a professional footballer

Based on his history with DWTS I'm hoping he's going to bring some exciting choreography to this years show. I thought he came across rather well on ITT yesterday, very confident but not attention seeking. I rather like him!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 pm

He clearly had a hard paper round...

Good digging! I knew about the DWS stuff, but the other info was all new.

I expect I may be Afor him at some point but there is still something about him at the moment which gnaws and niggles at me.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:31 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:He clearly had a hard paper round...
Good digging!  I knew about the DWS stuff, but the other info was all new.
I expect I may be Afor him at some point but there is still something about him at the moment which gnaws and niggles at me.  
He's like a James Bond type, laid back, but 'don't mess with me or I'll kill you with my dance moves'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 pm

Interesting comments everyone.

I thought Kai was ok as well - too early to really tell after one night but I think he will be a good addition to the team - he may have lucked out getting AJ in his very first series. Remember Alijaz winning his first series with Abby?

Not sure what Nikita is going to be like - it was a nice routine that he put together for Tilly but I find him a bit distracting with the 1980s foppish flick back hair, at the same time I keep thinking he is going to turn up in jack boots (I'm really sorry about that but there you go).

Nancy again is not my cup of tea - just too OTT and no warmth - I can imagine her being quite shouty as a teacher - but again, I'm quite prepared for the fact that I might warm to her as I have done with others in the past.

Giovanni, Katya and Oti are my favourite choreographers with Amy and Alijaz up there too for me. I am liking Gorka much better than I did when he first joined the show - I didn't rate him then. I think he has really matured and has produced some good stuff in the last few years - Graziano is very likeable and as has been already said, I think he deserves to have a celeb partner and it will be interesting to see what he produces.

I think Johannes was a bit unlucky with his partners during his first years and hasn't gone too far into the show but hopefully we will see his true potential this year. He is such a great personality and now seems such an established part of the team. Looking forward to it.

Those that I don't rate too highly - Neil I really want to like as I was really glad when he got off the subs bench and into the show but I have to say I didn't really like much of what he did with Alex and didn't enjoy the samba that he did with Nina last week. I can't really make my mind up about him.

Nadia I have never rated as a choreographer and I suspect she is one of those who needs a lot of help but straightaway she seems to have clicked with Dan more so that a lot of the others she has partnered so I'm more than prepared to change my mind about her this year. Lastly - i've never been a Karen fan, whilst she has indeed calmed down a lot and I don't dislike her personally, I just think she is one of the weaker choreographers, possibly not the world's greatest teacher and never teaches enough basic with any of her partners - as Shirley perfectly summed it up - no fundamentals.

My views about the newbies may change as the series progresses - I've often taken 'agin' someone initially and then completely changed my mind - most famously Nathalie Lowe! so who knows.............. Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:01 pm

B4p wrote:
He's like a James Bond type, laid back, but 'don't mess with me or I'll kill you with my dance moves'

I think it's more his hair to be honest. It usually is...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:03 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:whilst [Karen] has indeed calmed down a lot and I don't dislike her personally, I just think she is one of the weaker choreographers, possibly not the world's greatest teacher and never teaches enough basic with any of her partners - as Shirley perfectly summed it up -  no fundamentals.

My views about the newbies may change as the series progresses - I've often taken 'agin' someone initially and then completely changed my mind   - most famously Nathalie Lowe!   so who knows.............. Very Happy Very Happy

Yup!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Don't know too much about the present terpsichery lot as a few of my favourites, Erin, Camilla, Natalie etc are long gone, and now Jannette. ,I  like Amy and Diane and the males are a pretty strong and well known lot. Of the newbies, Him with the hair ( Nikita.I thought she played foot ball for England Women ?) looks like he's auditioning for Worzrel Gummige and the Kai fella looks like he might have come to fix the boiler...but hey, dance on then... scratch
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:11 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:  Of the newbies, Him with the hair ( Nikita.I thought she played foot ball for England Women ?) looks like he's auditioning for Worzrel Gummige and the Kai fella looks like he might have come to fix the boiler...but hey, dance on then... scratch

lol! lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:07 pm

I think watching the partnerships settling down is interesting.

Gio - It's the first series where he's been quiet on set. It made me smile how Rose said her hearing aid had broken and the feedback had been giving Gio a headache this week. Respect for the support and choreography he's giving to Rose.

Amy - She seems very happy around Tom. I laughed when he said she talked to him like a 5 year old! At least it sounds like she's not shouting like she used to.

Nikita - he seems to be supportive of Tilly and has arranged some pleasant choreography. I was surprised last week when Tilly was out of step on her Cha-Cha that Nikita hadn't noticed. He was gazing so deeply into the camera as his left arm came up, he nearly walloped her in the face. I was hoping he'd seen her out of the corner of his eye so that he could drop his arm at the last minute to avoid her. Poor girl almost had whiplash as she dodged back out of the way.

Karen - I don't think she knows what to do with Greg. Why put hip circles and pelvic thrusts in a Samba? It's not part of the dance.  Isn't dancing hard enough without embarrassing him even further?

Johannes - For the first time he seemed lost this week. He said last Sunday he wasn't sure what he was going to create yet. On ITT toward the end of the week, it seemed they were still trying to decide who was going to do the lift. Johannes was more experienced but he said John was physically stronger. I think having to work out who the lead dancer is, or swopping from a leader to a follower role, is adding to his workload.

Nancy - I haven't seen much of her on the VTs. She reminds me of an excitable puppy. The pair are so frenetic, I'm too busy reaching for my headache pills to look at her choreography, which may be very good.  It sounds as if she's trying to get Rhys to work more as a partner with her 'look at me' comment.

Alijaz - Mr the devils work-Smoothie. Always showcases his partner and seems to match his choreography one step higher than their capabilities. I guess he's been on the show for 9 years so he's got the experience.

Nadia - Always seems desperately shy. It would be lovely to see her partnered with a ringer, just for one series. She appears to genuinely like Dan and comes across as almost maternal towards him.

Graziano - A true gent this year towards Audi. He does his best to showcase her, and keeps the choreography simple to help her manage.

Katya - I'm sure Adam has hidden talent, but Katya seems even more frenzied this year. Whether things aren't going as well in the training room, who knows?  We know he has rhythm and strength, he seems keen, but I'd like to see him doing more dance steps. I'd hate to see him turn into Katya's stage prop like O la used to do with some of her partners.

Kai - Experienced dancer and choreographer. He appears to be working well with AJ and they seem to get on. He showcases her when they're on stage together. I think he has come runner up a couple of times in the Irish version of the show.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 pm

B4p wrote:I think watching the partnerships settling down is interesting.

Gio - It's the first series where he's been quiet on set. It made me smile how Rose said her hearing aid had broken and the feedback had been giving Gio a headache this week. Respect for the support and choreography he's giving to Rose.

Amy - She seems very happy around Tom. I laughed when he said she talked to him like a 5 year old! At least it sounds like she's not shouting like she used to.

Nikita - he seems to be supportive of Tilly and has arranged some pleasant choreography. I was surprised last week when Tilly was out of step on her Cha-Cha that Nikita hadn't noticed. He was gazing so deeply into the camera as his left arm came up, he nearly walloped her in the face. I was hoping he'd seen her out of the corner of his eye so that he could drop his arm at the last minute to avoid her. Poor girl almost had whiplash as she dodged back out of the way.

Karen - I don't think she knows what to do with Greg. Why put hip circles and pelvic thrusts in a Samba? It's not part of the dance.  Isn't dancing hard enough without embarrassing him even further?

Johannes - For the first time he seemed lost this week. He said last Sunday he wasn't sure what he was going to create yet. On ITT toward the end of the week, it seemed they were still trying to decide who was going to do the lift. Johannes was more experienced but he said John was physically stronger. I think having to work out who the lead dancer is, or swopping from a leader to a follower role, is adding to his workload.

Nancy - I haven't seen much of her on the VTs. She reminds me of an excitable puppy. The pair are so frenetic, I'm too busy reaching for my headache pills to look at her choreography, which may be very good.  It sounds as if she's trying to get Rhys to work more as a partner with her 'look at me' comment.

Alijaz - Mr the devils work-Smoothie. Always showcases his partner and seems to match his choreography one step higher than their capabilities. I guess he's been on the show for 9 years so he's got the experience.

Nadia - Always seems desperately shy. It would be lovely to see her partnered with a ringer, just for one series. She appears to genuinely like Dan and comes across as almost maternal towards him.

Graziano - A true gent this year towards Audi. He does his best to showcase her, and keeps the choreography simple to help her manage.

Katya - I'm sure Adam has hidden talent, but Katya seems even more frenzied this year. Whether things aren't going as well in the training room, who knows?  We know he has rhythm and strength, he seems keen, but I'd like to see him doing more dance steps. I'd hate to see him turn into Katya's stage prop like O la used to do with some of her partners.

Kai - Experienced dancer and choreographer. He appears to be working well with AJ and they seem to get on. He showcases her when they're on stage together. I think he has come runner up a couple of times in the Irish version of the show.

That's a really good summing up B4p.

I'm afraid I missed Tilly's out of time Cha Cha bit with his nearly walloping her - I might have to go back and watch it!

I agree about Nancy too - her hopped up on haribo persona masks whether the choreography is any good or not. But watching that salsa I'd say she's not that good at choreographing a salsa. I also feel that they are too alike - all that energy is going to explopde at some point and there will be tears before bedtime.

I also agree about Nadiya's shyness. But I think she has really come out of her shell with Dan and she clearly feels very happy and comfortable with him in a way she hasn;t with her previous partners. I;ve said elsewhere that she always seemed strained and nervous and very concious of bigging them up but there was no realy connection. I wouldn't say maternal with Dan - more like favourite cousins. They seem to lark around and have fun - something that I don't think she has had with a partner before. I am very happy for her and she and Dan together are adorkable.

Kataya is very much using Adam as a prop to showcase herself. Many discussions had with my cousin and with Sid and his twitter friends about how she choreographs for 'wow, gosh, golly' moments, rather than chorepgraphy something which plays to her partner's strengths and showcases them. Oti and Gio are both very good at doing that, in contrast (and, as you pointed out, Gratzi with Audi).

Karen very definitely didn't know what to do with Greg. As I've said elsewhere, she isn't the greatest teacher...

Interesting what you say about Johannes and this week's dance (I haven't been watching ITT). It was definitely lacking a clear direction or narrative and i think suffered as a result. As you have pointed out, he has a lot to take on board with working out the leads and who needs to do what. What I feel though, is that John, with AJ, are the best natural dancers - they may not be technically brilliant (yet) but they have good timing and ability to move their body fluidly and rythmically.

Tom and Amy are made for each other partnerwise. I think he might be the Kimberley Walsh of this series (I hope so, at least).

Aj and and Kai are rumoured to have a bit of a thing going on, so I laughed when I read your comment 'seem to be getting on'! I enjoyed her samba even if it wasn't perfect - it had the feel of a party dance whch is more important to me than the technicalities. But I think she can master those, and though I am (still) agin Kai (a combo of hair, looking 47 whilst claiming to be 26, and a general demeanour which is... offputting), I think he can teach her.

Aljaz is always lovely with whoever he is with. He always manages to build a real connection and rapport and I think that is a real talent and skill. He is like a big brother or kindly uncle - you wouldn't think he is flirting with you, just looking out for you.

The one I can't make out one way or another is Oti and Ugo... We shall see.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:57 pm

I’m always rubbish at spotting dynamic between people but, frankly, Karen doesn’t seem to have ever got on with any of her partners. Is it because she’s single?  I mean, Aljaz is clearly a happily married man and never acts like anything other than a big brother/kindly uncle towards his s.lebs.

Gio increasingly impresses me with the way he supports his partners and Graz is turning out to be the same. In fact I thought they were flat sharing but it turns out Gio is sharing with Kai. I like Kai too, so far so good.

Johannes is irritating me this year, a bit too gushy and emotional. And I wasn’t keen on their AS. Actually, John is coming across as far more likeable.

The ladies are all a bit meh, other than lovely Amy who always delights.

I remember when A.nton was dancing with Emma Barton and he was being interviewed about one of their dances. He said she had done a marvellous job and then said well of course you always tell them that but this time he actually meant it.  So, as we know, the whole show is hot air and smoke and mirrors.  At the end of the day it’s a weekend prime time variety show, some parts we enjoy more than others, some people we take to, some we don’t. But I’ve been watching since series 2 so don’t think I’ll stop now….
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum