Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Christmas Show

3 posters

Go down

2021 Christmas Show Empty 2021 Christmas Show

Post  B4p Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:19 pm

Christmas Show Contestants 2021

Jay Blades (The Repair Shop) dancing with Luba Mushtak.

Fred Sirieix (First Dates and touring with Gordon Ramsey and Gino) dancing with Dianne Buswell

Mel Giedroyc (Presenter) dancing with Neil Jones.

Moira Stewart (Newsreader) dancing with Alijaz Skorjanec.

Anne-Marie (Singer) dancing with Graziano Di Prima.

Adrian Chiles (Presenter) dancing with Jowita Przystal.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Christmas Show Empty Re: 2021 Christmas Show

Post  jingle Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:13 pm

That's a really interesting line-up, am especially looking forward to Jay, Fred and Ann-Marie. I'd love more of the folks from the Repair Shop to do Strictly...maybe next year hopefully.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi Jingle

Yes it's good to see some fresh faces rather than previous contestants from the main show.
A good mix of ages and personalities I think. Should be good cheers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Christmas Show Empty Re: Christmas Show 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi all

Hope you are all enjoying the Festivities.

Thought I would pop in to say that I really enjoyed the Christmas Show - what did others think of it?
Enjoyed all the performances - except dare I say it - Mel and Neil. I didn't think it was the dance for her at all and who wants to go on a Christmas sparkly Strictly and be dressed in a track suit and trainers - even though I get it was supposed to be a ski theme, ice etc - yawn! That dance apart, I thought that Fred was great, and I thought Anne-Marie was a worthy winner. I loved the fact that Moira was enjoying it so much and that the judges were kind to all - including ultra nervous Adrian. I was surprised that Gorka was not competing as he was the second pro to exit the main competition, I suppose perhaps that Jowita took what would have been his place?

Anyway - For me it was all just the thing for Christmas Day....... santa santa

Merry New Year to one and all.................. rendeer rendeer

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:29 am

Hi Mauve
Yes, I really enjoyed it too - I expected beforehand that Ann-Marie would win, but it was great to see the rapport she had with Graziano. I'd love to see Fred doing a full length Strictly, I always like his enthusiasm and quick wit. I much prefer this format of Strictly xmas with new c.elebs, rather than having past contestants.
I agree with you about Mel's street dance, it seemed a rather predictable choice and not really out of comfort zone for her.

Can't really believe Strictly is all over for another year. It feels like it all fizzled out a bit with the diminished final - Rose was a worthy winner, but I won't remember this as a vintage year. Let's just hope that next year it'll be back to normal, including the Blackpool week and a 3 or 4 couple final.
jingle
jingle

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Christmas Show Empty Re: Christmas Show 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:35 pm

jingle wrote:

Can't really believe Strictly is all over for another year. It feels like it all fizzled out a bit with the diminished final - Rose was a worthy winner, but I won't remember this as a vintage year. Let's just hope that next year it'll be back to normal, including the Blackpool week and a 3 or 4 couple final.

Agree on all fronts - and looking back on it all I think for me 'fizzled out' really sums it all up.
Some of the best stuff was done earlier in the series in my opinion and with the overmarking and '10's every week it just all peaked too early for me with no Blackpool. I did enjoy the Final though.

xx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum