Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start Date?

2 posters

Go down

Start Date? Empty Start Date?

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:59 pm

I am somewhat surprised that the BBC have not brought the start date of this series forward by two weeks compared to the usual start date. I say that as the World Cup will be on our screens by late November which can only impact on TV schedules and viewing figures. The Strictly Final normally happens in early December so it is running the risk of being bumped onto BBC2 and losing viewers to a big World Cup match that clashes with it as I do believe there are 7pm kick-offs. Thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Start Date? Empty Re: Start Date?

Post  B4p Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:34 pm

I had heard the show might get bumped onto BBC 2 once the World Cup starts. Money talks I guess.

Maybe Strictly could be on later, although that will make it a very long day for everyone involved, particularly the recorded 'live results show'.
I wonder if they could put it on in the afternoon, but that would no doubt clash with other sports like the Grand Prix?
A lot of people use catch-up or record programmes. Either way, changing the timing of the programme will also have a knock-on effect on the voting facility. I think it would make more sense to move it temporarilly to BBC 2.

Although I'm happy for England's Lioness' recent European cup win, I get tired of the never-ending football on TV. I might watch an occasional game, but lose interest when it often boils down to penalty shoot-outs. Why not just do that from the start? The money that is spent on over-paid football prima donnas who need a road map to find, yet alone score a goal, is immoral IMO. The David Baddiel song 'Football's Coming Home' drives me insane and needs banning or updating.

In one place I worked, extra days holidays were given to football fans when a big match was due on TV. The bosses knew that sickness levels would suddenly rise, so they got round it by saying those fans were on holiday instead. I didn't get the same privilege when Wimbledon or another Grand Slam tennis tournament or the Olympics was on!

I haven't heard when Strictly starts yet, the sooner the better for me. I know the pro dancers have already started rehearsals. I shall be away the end of September/ early October.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:50 pm

The matching up of the couples is recorded on Wednesday the 7th of September so no doubt will be screened on Saturday the 10th of September. Normally, (if memory serves) two weeks later follows the live show opener on Saturday the 24th of September. Don't take that as written in stone though.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:35 pm

Thanks for that CC. I'll keep checking the BBC site, and hopefully, they'll put something on to confirm the dates. There's usually a string of adverts regarding the launch too nearer the time.
B4p
B4p

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:36 am

Copied from the BBC from a poster called Mildred:

I am wondering if there is a further reveal to come.
At the moment there are 14 couples in the Strictly line up.
On the assumptions that SCD begins on September 14th with The Final on December 17th and there is no elimination in week 1, then 14 seems right.
This is based on one couple eliminated each week, with 4 in the final, in case of a retirement.
This is pure guess work, but is based on previous years.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:15 am

This Saturday's launch show has reportedly been rescheduled for a week on Friday due to the Queen's passing. The pairing of the couples will be screened on Friday the 23rd with the first week of dance (I believe) on Saturday the 1st of October.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:18 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:The pairing of the couples will be screened on Friday the 23rd with the first week of dance (I believe) on Saturday the 1st of October.
Thanks, CC. I shall be in Scotland on a remote retreat on the 23rd so unfortunately, I will miss that show. I'm then traveling for a few more days, but should be heading home on the 1st of October. Hopefully, I'll be back in time to watch the first proper show.

I shall try to follow the comments posted, but maybe a bit quieter than usual (hurrah - I hear you shout Laughing ). Looking forward to the start of a new season.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum