Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Theme Week Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

2022 Theme Week Suggestions Empty 2022 Theme Week Suggestions

Post  B4p Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:09 pm

I live in hope, that someone, somewhere, will give a green light to changing up some of the theme weeks. It shouldn't be that difficult to re-arrange. The fans have managed to outvote those 'waste-a-time-a-thons' the judges favourite old way of manipulating the scoreboard.

I would merge the Musicals and Movie weeks.

I think we could have a Latin week and a Ballroom week.

What about a big band week? The band's already employed and far too good to be churning out Garage music.

I would ditch the Couple's Choices, or, have them all on one night somewhere towards the beginning so that they're not used as a 'get out of jail free card' further down the line.

I don't mind Halloween but it does get a bit same-y with the same tunes used most years regardless of the dances involved.

Someone on the Dark Side suggested an era or decades theme for later in the series when there are fewer couples, for example, 1950s, 60s, 70s,80s etc

What other ideas have you all got? study
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Theme Week Suggestions Empty Re: 2022 Theme Week Suggestions

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:51 pm

Big Band, Latin and Rock and Roll might be an idea. Even a tie and tails week.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2022 Theme Week Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions for Theme Weeks

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:07 pm

I think the decades week is a good idea - this is what they do on DOI.  I would really like to see 'Couples Choice' all on one night and I think it could be quite good - a freestyle night with freestyle scores.     I also agree with merging Musicals and Films and I would suggest an 'Around the World' night which they did do once a few  years ago.  I think it would be easier to match the dances to the tracks.

I think I have said this before but in between the theme weeks I would like to see some weeks where there is a 'technical' focus, where couples have to include certain elements in their dances and where penalties would be given for things like not doing enough in hold.

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:21 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I think I have said this before but in between the theme weeks I would like to see some weeks where there is a 'technical' focus, where couples have to include certain elements in their dances and where penalties would be given for things like not doing enough in hold.
Great idea mauve
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum