Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le.n Goodman R I P

2 posters

Go down

Le.n  Goodman R I P Empty Le.n Goodman R I P

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:35 am

Sad news breaking this morning that the much-loved ex-Head Judge of Strictly Come Dancing Le.n Goodman has passed away at the age of 78 over the weekend.

Le.n Goodman was surely the greatest of all Strictly judges and a real ballroom expert. He was always encouraging and was great at offering tips and would state what he liked and did not like without being nasty. What a great loss. It is a shock as he always seemed so physically fit but apparently Le.n Goodman had bone cancer. I know it was never going to happen but I always harboured a hope he may return to Strictly one day. I have no doubt this loss will hit the Strictly family badly especially those that have worked on the show since its inception - people like the professional dancers he critiqued or the fellow judges he'd sometimes lock horns with such as CRH and B.runo Tonioli.

I hope you are pickling your walnuts up there Le.n Goodman.

Rest in Peace Le.n Goodman.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Le.n  Goodman R I P Empty Re: Le.n Goodman R I P

Post  B4p Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:20 pm

Hi CC
Yes, very sad news indeed.

I imagine there'll be many professionals, co-presenters, friends, and family that are shell-shocked at the moment. There are lots of tributes appearing on Youtube today and social media.

I know occasionally he could be a little grumpy, but there is no doubt that the man was a respected expert, dancer, and choreographer; definitely, someone who 'knew his onions'. Unlike some judges we've had, he didn't have obvious favourites each year. I bet poor Br uno is heartbroken.

I do wonder if the American show producers knew last Christmas, when the rumours of Shirley being invited to take over as Head Judge (as L en was retiring) surfaced. A most painful disease, particularly poignant as he had lived such an active life.

Maybe the professionals will do another tribute to him when the show restarts. Here's the one from 2016

https://youtu.be/CT_GQIs_Ows
B4p
B4p

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:00 am

Apparently, Dancing with the Stars judges etc were in the dark about Le.n's illness. I'd say he wanted it kept private and that is backed by An.ton's tribute who said he had no idea that Le.n was ill.

Some really lovely heartfelt tributes from Strictly judges of today and past judges as well as from ex-pros and ex-celebs who took part in Strictly. He will be very sadly missed.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down