Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023 ITT Presenters and Guests

4 posters

Go down

2023 ITT Presenters and Guests Empty 2023 ITT Presenters and Guests

Post  B4p Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:13 pm

I didn't watch this last year, but no doubt others will be able to comment on whoever is presenting and their guests.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2023 ITT Presenters and Guests Empty Week 1

Post  B4p Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 pm

I tuned in to the first ITT. I didn't watch any of it last season. For me, it had become like a 4 year old's noisy birthday party with too many people vying for attention.

I wasn't expecting to see Fleur East, but was pleasantly surprised at how well she worked in partnership with Janette. No battling egos or attention-seeking camera moves. As a previous contestant, she asked relevant questions and kept her focus on the celebrity and their professional dancer.

I wasn't sure about the early reveal of next Saturday's dance and music for the three couples interviewed.

Annabel & Johannes - I'd forgotten how many props Johannes had included in his theme for week 1. They seem to be getting on well.

Layton & Nikita - Layton mentioned how freestyling was more his style and that he had to slow down, focus in, and learn to control and channel his energy. Nikita was complimentary about Layton's keeness to listen and learn 'he listens to every single word'.

Angela S. Carlos - Angela talked about being determined, committed, and chanelled. Carlos - 'it's strange, you look like a dancer' which made them both laugh. Thoughts about kicks & flicks in her next dance, Angela commented 'you have to look like you know what you're doing, not just throw them out there and hope they'll come back.'

It was good to see Joanne Clifton return to review the contestant's performances, and that the choreography corner section will be shared with Kevin.

Some of Joanne's comments:
Bobby-
Praise that he'd lowered into his knees to counter-act the height difference between him and Diane and hadn't leaned forward and down towards her. I laughed when she suggested that he think of his belly button as a press stud. Press it and his bottom will tuck under more instead of sticking out.

Les-
Have to creep across the floor in the Tango. Les needed to get down into his knees in order to drive across the floor, and attack the space.
(My first thought when I saw Les was that he looked like he had arthritic joints which might make maintaining the bent knee Tango posture a bit difficult.)

Angela R-
Mentioned she could loosen her hip action a bit more by keeping her upper body still, and moving her hips side-to-side, back and forward, and using figure of 8 moves.

Eddie-
Posture was a problem. Imagine a hot cross bun painted on his back. Stretch the spine up. Widen the shoulders, but keep them down. Lift the arms from below without lifting the shoulders, as though an inflatable was under each arm. (She didn't mention his backside sticking out).

Krishnan-
To make his steps more compact.

Nigel-
Liked the resistance he had in his arms as though they were having to move through water not just fly through the air.

An enjoyable first ITT. I might even watch it again.
B4p
B4p

jingle likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023 ITT Presenters and Guests Empty Re: 2023 ITT Presenters and Guests

Post  jingle Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:46 am

Aaaaargh, I'm having computer problems! Every time I try to reply my computer jumps to the home page. I'll keep this third attempt short...

Yes, enjoyed the first show too. I much prefer the toned down atmosphere compared to previous years. Fleur and Janette worked well together (though I assume they'll be alternating days from now on)

Angela S was a hoot with her 'fresh baby' comments, hope she can stay in the competition for personality if nothing else.

Whilst I enjoy Joanne's post mortem of past routines, what I really miss in ITT is Ian Waites analysis of this weeks training. I really hope they can reinstate this part of the show

I gave up on ITT last year, all a bit too hyperactive for me. Will try to stick with it this year

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:22 pm

Day 2

At lot of what was said this evening was a repeat of day 1.

Bobby and Diane have been practising lifts today in readiness for their Charleston routine.

Angela R. was saying that dance was good for the mind, body and balance. Apparently she's the oldest Strictly contestant so far.

Eddie told how his mum has been posting on a BBC chat group 'did you see me on the TV?'

I think Fleur is doing a great job so far. I like her calm approach. She listens to the contestants, and said to Eddie, 'this isn't about me right now.'
She listened with interest to Joanne Clifton's tips. I'm guessing Kevin will take over Ian's Wednesday training clip slot.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Happy with day 3 too - this toned-down Jeanette is a much better interviewer than her over-excitable self last year. I'm liking all the couples so far, the interviews feel more natural and less scripted

Good job so far Jeanette and Fleur cheers
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:41 pm

Friday - Caught this evening's ITT with Jeanette presenting and Neil dressed up as her stunt double!

Jeanette mentioned she thought it was nice to see Layton with a slower dance this week. V.Waltz - slow? Did I miss something?

Adam's had less time for training due to filming Waterloo Road.

Jody has also had less time to train due to an infection where his prosthetic fits. Must be very painful.

Nigel's Batman routine looks like it might be fun.

Graziano and Zara might be wielding swords in their Puss in Boots Paso this week  Shocked

Bobby's been practising his shimmy in the reflection of his kitchen cupboards at midnight.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:43 pm

Generally, I'm pleased Fleur East has come onto the programme with Janette. Though I still watched it last year, I cringed every time Rylan opened his mouth. I've never met anyone destroy the English language so completely, especially on TV. Didn't this man go to school? Janette has the excuse of English being her second language, though she speaks it pretty well, and Fleur is bright and breezy and also speaks very well. They're both a joy to watch.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:33 pm

I agree Twirlie. Fleur is quite easy on the ear so far and seems to ask relevant questions without talking over the couples.

I thought it was lovely to see Amy this evening on ITT. Despite her serious health issues, and undergoing chemo, she remains positive and looks very well. I thought her dress was beautiful, and she looked gorgeous wearing her new wig.

It's lovely to hear the amount of love and support she has been receiving from the Strictly team, her colleagues, and fans. She's a great inspiration to others in a similar situation and it's great she feels able to raise awareness during her own fight. Good luck Amy flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:00 pm

Bit frustrated that tonights Friday panel lacked any hint of critique at all, the comments were so saccharine about everyone that it felt a little pointless.

Said it before, but I do really miss Ian Waite and his mid-week analysis of training. Without him, ITT can feel a little lightweight at times

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:08 am

Ian Waite's departure was a real loss for ITT.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:20 am

Twirlie wrote:Ian Waite's departure was a real loss for ITT.
I saw him a few years ago in a dance show with Oti and her husband. It's easy to forget what a fabulous dancer he is. It's a shame he didn't become one of the judges.
B4p
B4p

Twirlie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:57 am

Agreed. We may not have thought it at the time, but I realise now he'd have been a much better replacement for B.runo than A.nton is.i find that A.nton's been a real disappointment. Everyone's wonderful and he marks everyone up.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:51 pm

I must say that I have enjoyed Shirley's Dance Masterpiece demonstrations on ITT accompanied by the elegant Neil. Nice to see an expert in action and to learn more of the terms and techniques involved.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:45 am

I don't watch I.T.T. but this comment I read on here is the most sensible thing I've heard in a while..

"Liked the resistance he had in his arms as though they were having to move through water not just fly through the air.".
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:48 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I don't watch I.T.T. but this comment I read on here is the most sensible thing I've heard in a while..

"Liked the resistance he had in his arms as though they were having to move through water not just fly through the air.".
Yes, Joanne does come up with some corkers. I remember James always talking about celebrities needing resistance in the arms to create space and tension.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum