Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023 Launch Show

4 posters

Go down

2023 Launch Show Empty 2023 Launch Show

Post  B4p Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:21 pm

Copied from the BBC Site

Launch Show
Strictly Come DancingSeries 21

Strictly Come Dancing is back! Join Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman alongside judges Shirley Ballas, An ton Du Beke, the Cr aig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse as 15 brand new celebrities are welcomed to the Strictly ballroom.

Back with a bang are our professional dancers, with three epic routines that include a group number with our new cast and a not-to-be-missed performance featuring all four of the Strictly Come Dancing judges.

Current Strictly champions Hamza Yassin and Jowita Przystał make a triumphant return, and the amazing Jessie Ware will perform one of her biggest hits in the ballroom.

Who will the new celebrities be paired with, and can they dance? We’ll find out on the launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2023!

16 September 18.35?   (I'm away on holiday!)
B4p
B4p

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023 Launch Show Empty Re: 2023 Launch Show

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:03 pm

B4p wrote:Copied from the BBC Site

Launch Show
Strictly Come DancingSeries 21

Strictly Come Dancing is back! Join Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman alongside judges Shirley Ballas, An ton Du Beke, the Cr aig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse as 15 brand new celebrities are welcomed to the Strictly ballroom.

Back with a bang are our professional dancers, with three epic routines that include a group number with our new cast and a not-to-be-missed performance featuring all four of the Strictly Come Dancing judges.

Current Strictly champions Hamza Yassin and Jowita Przystał make a triumphant return, and the amazing Jessie Ware will perform one of her biggest hits in the ballroom.

Who will the new celebrities be paired with, and can they dance? We’ll find out on the launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2023!

16 September 18.35?   (I'm away on holiday!)

Well sadly there are celebs taking part who we know can dance. 2023 Launch Show 1f62a
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:50 am

Well here are my thoughts on the launch show and partnerships.

The opening pro dance kind of passed me by so not too captivating. However, I really enjoyed the pro dance that the judges were in and Shi.rley showed she still has the moves. Also thought the clips played as tribute to L.en was lovely with great input from the judges followed by a moving moment of applause at the end where everyone stood. Moving.

The early opinions I picked up of the celebs is that Adam Thomas seems a bit cocky so that scores against me but he has time to turn that around. Layton Williams too comfortable and confident but I suppose years of dance experience does that for you. People I never knew much about at all but came across pretty well were Eddie and Ellie as well as Angela S.

I think, for the first time in a launch show, I heard the presenters openly admit to one of the celebs having dance experience when Nikita Kuzmin was asked how he'd handle Layton Williams dance experience. I think the pairings of Ellie Leach and Vito Coppola, Zara McDermott and Graziano Di Prima, Angela Scanlon and Gorka Marquez and Amanda Abbington and Giovanni Pernice show great potential.

The first group dance to complete the show with the Bee Gees Medley was highly enjoyable and I saw a lot of potential in there and some that will warm to it after their tutoring. Loved the enthusiasm of Les Dennis despite his dad dancing and will be interesting to see how much age hinders Angela Rippon who we know can dance but can she cover up her fitness levels.

Those are my early thoughts. Bring on next week.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2023 Launch Show Empty Re: Strictly Launch Show 2023

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:00 pm

Hello CC
Hello Everyone

I've had a bit of trouble re-accessing the forum and my alerts seem to have stopped but I thought I would drop in to give some initial thoughts on last night. This year I've deliberately avoided a lot of build-up to the series and the pairings, so last night was mainly all new for me and I really enjoyed it. I was also surprised as to how many of the celebrities that I already know this year.

I agree with most of what you have said CC - I loved the routine with the j udges - although I thought it really showed that CRH doesn't really have the moves Laughing The tribute to L en was very moving, although it would have been nice to have had a dance to go with it I felt. I must say I really missed Amy Sad I take it that the short-haired English Pro who was new last year is taking her place - will be interesting to see what she can do.

I thought most of the pairings were really good but I felt that the Amanda and Gio pairing might prove fiery - she is a strong character who I don't think will be very compliant so it will be interesting to see how they get on - given Gio's track record with those sort of partnerings. I felt that Gorka didn't know what to make of the Asian Network girl - especially her reaction to learning that she would be doing the waltz - that was priceless. She was actually they only one that I didn't really warm to but let's see................ Not sure that Angela Scanlon quite knew what to make of Carlos either. I hope that Johannes can get the best out of Annabel Croft. I have a feeling it is going to be an interesting year - I absolutely love Angela Rippon and loved the way that she made it clear she is not there just to make up the n umbers - she was really moving well in the group dance.

I agree with CC that looking at that group dance revealed that there are definitely those with previous - Amanda being one of them I thought. Layton is the obvious 'ringer' of course.
However, I was thinking last night that who knew this time last year that a relatively unknown male of ample proportiions and not a 'luvvie' would come through and win the series......................... Just proves that anything can happen with SCD.

Hope to be saying Hello to other Forum members soon.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:35 pm

Oops, sorry a bit late in posting my thoughts. I'm not that keen on the pre-recorded shows, and thought this years launch show felt longer than usual.

Really missed Amy, and loved the tribute to L.en. I so agree with you Mauve, the judges dancing highlighted that CRH doesn't really 'have it' with the moves.

I've had a bee in my bonnet over the past few years that Latin seems to be dominating, and I really wish there'd been a lovely ballroom pro routine featuring A.nton. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that ballroom gets equal attention this year.

Anyhow, really looking forward to the live show tonight, imo that's really when Strictly gets up and running. Thoughts about some of the contenders...

Agin - Found myself quickly irritated by both Layton and Bobby, which is a pity because they both look like finalist material.

Afor - Conversely, instantly warmed to Eddie, Nigel and Zara, who all seemed very likeable, modest, and also looked like they could dance a bit. Jody and Annabelle are also on my afor bench, as I'm always keen on sportsmen and women in Strictly.

Bring it on!!

jingle
jingle

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum