Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC DID privatise the forums!

+11
on the conveyor belt
RedShoes
dancingsunshinequeen
Inanna
vonee21
fiftynotout
Mslightfoot
David Tee
133-230-44039-18180-800
Pink Pinot Girl
hatlady28
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BBC DID privatise the forums! - Page 2 Empty Re: BBC DID privatise the forums!

Post  hatlady28 Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Dear Red Shoes,

This is a private site. The Magic Two who run it will not allow nastiness to get established. Their weaponry is assorted (I've never asked nor heard the details).

As I have said, i am sure that the BBC is surreptitiously visited all the outlying message-boards.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  on the conveyor belt Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:25 pm

I can remember the boards in the year of Kate Garraway, and remember that it got pretty nasty then. The problem was not just the horrible stuff said about Kate, but the way her supporters were attacked; I recall posters posting calling all those voting for Kate and Housewives choice stupid, and worse ("moronic" Shocked ). Things got worse the following year with John Segeant, and again it was his supporters who were attacked as much as the man himself. At least the BBC machine gave open support to Alesha when the same happened last year, but in spite of changes (closing down threads etc) the boards seemed even more of a mess last year, with posters turning on each other. I stopped posting because I said one negative thing about Alesha, but even though I had said positive things elsewhere, I was lumped together with all those who really were out to get her. It struck me that for the BBC the boards were becoming more trouble than they were worth.

The flipside is though that the boards generated interest and headlines, and were also abit part player in ITT, so whilst the BBC may not have wanted to keep them, they still needed them, so to speak. I am not surprised to hear about how DS and also this board may be viewed by the BBC for its own purposes. I am glad though that the folks here genuinely want to have discussion boards, well, for discussion.
on the conveyor belt
on the conveyor belt

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Last year I noticed that some threads were wilder and more vicious than others. There were hidden glades of calm where there were some lovely conversations to be had. There were others like The Dance Teachers thread that had lots of interesting stuff on it.

Those who visit the other sites: Do you feel almost as though the old BBC site has somehow stretched out with the different sites attracting different posters?
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  fkaIgor *LT* Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 am

hatlady28 wrote:Dear Red Shoes,

This is a private site. The Magic Two who run it will not allow nastiness to get established. Their weaponry is assorted (I've never asked nor heard the details).

As I have said, i am sure that the BBC is surreptitiously visited all the outlying message-boards.

I fear that that 'nanna may have had a passing acquaintance with some of it....... Crying or Very sad
fkaIgor *LT*
fkaIgor *LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:09 am

I had to watch the show on i-player and was amused to see that they still have the ink to the 2009 messageboards on the right side of the picture.....
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsArcanum Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am

Anyone at the Beeb thinking the attacks on Alesha would cease by not having Message boards must have been living in cloud cuckoo land. The blogs for the backstage photos have nothing but a moan regarding the loss of the dance off with the rest winging yet again about Alesha being a judge. Rolling Eyes
MrsArcanum
MrsArcanum

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 am

Its being so cheerful that keeps them going. Laughing They can moan all they want it wont change anything so why cant they just sit back and enjoy it for the entertainment programme it is meant to be.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsArcanum Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 am

Exactly Chris.

Life is waaaaay too short Laughing
MrsArcanum
MrsArcanum

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 am

fkaIgor *LT* wrote:
hatlady28 wrote:Dear Red Shoes,

I fear that that 'nanna may have had a passing acquaintance with some of it....... Crying or Very sad

Inanna - you monkey slaveeeee - is more than happy to loan her 7-headed Cita to the "powers that be" should they require it Laughing Laughing Laughing (well they can borrow 1 of the heads at least Laughing )

Last edited by Inanna on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 am

MrsArcanum wrote:Exactly Chris.

Life is waaaaay too short Laughing

Yep totally agree with Mrs.A and Chris........but maybe these sad moaning souls look forward to their xmas moan.....I havent been anywhere else this year really cause its all so booooring and same old same......
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Oh the moaners are already doing my head in a bit. Whatever SCD post on FB (photos, clips etc), they all jump on it to start moaning about a) Housewives choice never getting a good partner (funny - he doesn't seem to agree with them!) b) Alesha being back and c) the new dancers.

I can honestly say none of these things give me a moment's angst and I just can't imagine how gloomy it would be having 3 months of your year ruined by being so upset about these things!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Isn't it wonderful that they are over posting on Facebook! it would have been awful to have them cluttering up these boards.....I mean, I totally defend their right to state their point of view. I'm just glad they don't want to do it here.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Isn't it wonderful that they are over posting on Facebook! it would have been awful to have them cluttering up these boards.....I mean, I totally defend their right to state their point of view. I'm just glad they don't want to do it here.

lol! lol! lol! ohhh think i may go and "barge" in over there then...... Laughing Laughing
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  fkaIgor *LT* Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Inanna wrote:
hatlady28 wrote:Isn't it wonderful that they are over posting on Facebook! .

lol! lol! lol! ohhh think i may go and "barge" in over there then...... Laughing Laughing

Oh hatlady, now see what you've done...... affraid
fkaIgor *LT*
fkaIgor *LT*

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 pm

fkaIgor *LT* wrote:
Inanna wrote:
hatlady28 wrote:Isn't it wonderful that they are over posting on Facebook! .

Oh hatlady, now see what you've done...... affraid

Oh no fkaigor, I was counting on you to keep her under control. You told me that you had spiked her favorite tipple.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Oh no fkaigor, I was counting on you to keep her under control. You told me that you had spiked her favorite tipple.

....that would make matters 10 times worse HL Laughing Laughing
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum