Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions

5 posters

Go down

Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions Empty Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 am

So another series of Strictly is almost upon us - I cannot wait.Very Happy  I will miss tonights opener (due to work) but have set my TIVO box to record it.

As for this year's contestants these are the categories I'd put them in:-

Genuine Title Contenders

Abbey Clancey
Sophie Ellis Bextor
Rachel Riley
Patrick Robinson
Ben Cohen
Ashley Downes

Mid-Season Exiters (though could prove me wrong)

Natalie Gumede
Fiona Fullerton
Suzannah Reid
Julien McDonald
Mark Benton

Figures of Fun (First Out Candidates)

Vanessa Feltz
Deborah Meaden
Tony Jacklin
Dave Myers

Of course I may be well off the mark but am trying to judge on sex-appeal (vote winner) and physical fitness and agility (always helpful).

As for who my favourites will be well at the moment I'd say Tony Jacklin, Suzannah Reid, Fiona Fullerton, Patrick Robinson and Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions Empty Re: Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Interesting groups there CC! I think until I visually see all the celebs tonight I can't decide yet!

Thou safe bets are

Patrick & Ben as Favourites
Deborah Mearden as a darkhorse!
Rachel & Fiona possible let downs!
Vanessa will entertain & I hope gets vocal with C.raig!

Its a real mixed bag this year & I think a more level platform

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions Empty Re: Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 pm

May as well be honest, I don't like either Vannessa Feltz or Julian McDonald. Won't affect my views on the dancing, but not my favourite people (not that I know very much about celebrities, I really don't.) I know Tony Jacklin and Ben Cohen from sport, and I remember Fiona Fullerton as a real looker at one time. The rest are in the lap of the gods (or the judges). Wink 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Only 3 celebs that I hadn't heard of before and of the ones that I recognise there isn't anyone there that I really dislike which is a first because each series I look at the names and think oh no I cant stand him/her Very Happy 
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 am

I always like rooting for the ones that start off at rock bottom. For the ladies Rachel Riley strikes me as that sort. Absolutely no dance talent so it will be interesting to see how she progresses. On the other side of the coin Natalie Gumedy apparently attending dance classes before taking up acting and it showed in the group dance. Ashley strikes me as a real contender and a sure fire vote winner with the women (the Louis Smith of 2013) and Ben may also fall into that category.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions Empty Re:Strictly 2013 - Pre-Series Predictions

Post  Moova 12 Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:02 am

I agree about Natalie she looked good in the group dance. I think there are some very competitive people in this year who might not be seen as favourites,  Deborah, Julien, for example, who will go for it with lots of practice. It will be interesting to see what the new pros bring to their pairings. I think I might be rooting for Ben as he put up with Brucie and the lame joke.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum