Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality

+9
allsewnonbyhand
Tina Sparkle
mauveangel09
Sid
CaledonianCraig
gingercodgers
jingle
Littlebear
saxonsiren
13 posters

Go down

Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality Empty Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:17 pm

When Julian as a guest of ITT appeared you knew he would for those few minutes be wild,OTT & entertain! However after his VT,his dance or Vogue Pose Mincing & then the theatrical shouting over the judges! Im exhausted! I found Julian irritating not listening to the feedback and his me me ME! attitude.Will he win me over and entertain me? Maybe on ITT yes however Im not so sure re being a contestant on SCD! Any views anyone?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality Empty Re: Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality

Post  Littlebear Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 pm

I never minded him on ITT (though I found him less than informative, he was only there to add exvitability I think and he managed that). He annoyed me last night though. His loudness is going to get old fast imo!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality Empty Re: Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality

Post  jingle Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm

I quite liked him on ITT to be honest. I'm not sure how much of the persona is real and how much is an act, but personally I like an unpredictable character on the show, especially as no-one seemed to know how best to handle him. Even B.runo seemed out of his comfort zone. Yes, he's a marmite character, but at least he is a character - I'd rather he outstays some of the others, as he's not the worst dancer.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm with jingle on this one. There are others that can leave before him.
At least I can remember him which is more than I can say for some of the others.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Sorry but he grated with me. I think he grated with Sir B.ruce as well who had to tell him to calm down. His performance may not have been quite as bad as one or two others but the campness never worked, he never captured the flavour of the dance and technique was poor as was his talking back or over people. I doubt he will ever win me over.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

If he hadn't been like this every week on ITT then I might have given Julien the benefit of the doubt and hoped he was just over-excited and would eventually calm down.

But something tells me 10 weeks down the line he'd be just the same!

I really don't think he's going to be my cup of tea. Unnecessarily LOUD people are one of my least favourite things.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Julian-A flamboyant character or annoying personality Empty Re: Julian a flamboyant character or an annoying personality

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

I was totally distracted by his 'shouting' during the judges critiques and I don't think they knew what to do with him either! He certainly appeared drunk (or similar) just my personal view of course..........Rolling Eyes  I think he is perfectly fine with his sequins and godets - or whatever they are called but is a little out of his depth (surely he was the 'reserve' after Paul Hollywood didn't work out?). Whilst I think he will always be the 'marmite' contestant - as pointed out by someone in an earlier thread, I think he could possibly be a good dancer but only if he is given the right routines, (like all the celebs) and that is the responsibility of his pro dancer - I have to say I didn't like what she produced for last night, so that is where the improvement is needed and then Julien might have a chance...................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:29 am

Unless he shows a marked improvement in his dances he will exit in the first few weeks in my opinion. His personality will put people off and coupled with a real lack of a share of the public vote he is destined for an early exit.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am

I found him OTT on ITT, but on the main show he's a thousand times worse and it#s not funny and not appropriate. Frankly, he was so manic I wondered if he#d paid a visit to the powder room before the show.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 am

I wonder if Julian will be calmer this week? On ITT the costume lady had advised his always spraying glitter tan over himself & he hadn't yet popped in the work room! I wonder if they had sandbags against the door to stop him? I had this awful dream/vison that Julian had encrusted his skull with sequinns/diamante beads creating a skull cap! I woke up trembling! I wonder if Julian will tuck his bottom in as Ian advised on ITT.Julian be quieter let your dance moves talk & I might get to know you!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:I found him OTT on ITT,  but on the main show he's a thousand times worse and it#s not funny and not appropriate.  Frankly, he was so manic I wondered if he#d paid a visit to the powder room before the show.
Laughing 
My thoughts exactly, or maybe he's just high on life!Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:47 am

I found his Tango confusing.
Part paso, part tango, part model having a strop on the runway. I think he kept in character throughout (if I can work out what his character was). At least he kept a straight face. He seems to dislike the close hold position and looks like he's constantly squirming away which must affect his posture. It would be nice to see him out of his widower's weeds. For a designer, he only seems to wear black.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:20 am

Sorry, but I can't take to him either. He used to annoy me on ITT last year and is no better now he is a contestant. Too much teeth, noise and increasing exhuberance for me.
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am

Annoying. in CAPITAL LETTERS. Can't wait till he's gone...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

He seemed to have calmed down somewhat this week. Wonder how long it will last?confused
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:34 pm

He is who he is and I suspect a lot of it is just nerves. He annoyed me first week but this week not so much. He does, however, have the strangest posture I've ever seen on Strictly - that hold is almost gibbon-like.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Gibbon like well Id say different! I just wish he would stop the showman anrics! Even in the DO almost as if the other couple didn't count! Next week same place I feel unless Julian gets the public on his side!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:41 pm

His posture is terrible and can't see him surviving too much longer unless he vastly improves. The thing is his personality grates whilst at least the other weaker celebs have something going for them such as Dave and Mark have a humorous side to their performances and are more popular. An early preiction next week - Julien and Vanessa in the dance-off.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I think he is destined for the bottom two each week until he goes home.
Shame really as he didn't do himself any favours the first week (Keep him away from the BBC bar).
To be fair though he does seem to want to learn.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 pm

He does yes want to learn! However a little more control over his vocal dramatics & he might just might earn some brownie points
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I think you could be right there Sax.Wink
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down